Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• We're having a party at Gate B6 at IND. 3 of us who are trying to get back to NY and are delayed because of the weather. You're welcome to join us if you're at the airport lol.
    Damn, wish you'd posted earlier. We were right there trying to fly to Philly.  Ended up rebooting for tomorrow, the plane wasn't taking off from Philly to Indy so we had to gamble, not wanting to be stuck there tomorrow. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • We're having a party at Gate B6 at IND. 3 of us who are trying to get back to NY and are delayed because of the weather. You're welcome to join us if you're at the airport lol.
    Damn, wish you'd posted earlier. We were right there trying to fly to Philly.  Ended up rebooting for tomorrow, the plane wasn't taking off from Philly to Indy so we had to gamble, not wanting to be stuck there tomorrow. 
    Ah. Yeah there's no ETA on a departure at the moment. I have friends locally, so I won't stay here all night.

And we just gained 2 more, so now it's 5 against 1 lol
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
    Ah. Yeah there's no ETA on a departure at the moment. I have friends locally, so I won't stay here all night.

And we just gained 2 more, so now it's 5 against 1 lol
    Awesome.  Sorry I missed the chance to say hello.  Somewhere down the line, bud.  
    Good luck getting out tonight!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    edited September 2023
    I just wish they could have announced it at least the day before the show. These several hour postponements are brutal for all involved. It really sung in this morning when I had to make the drive back home. I need to move on, definitely stuck in a moment that really stings. I took a vacation this week for Pearl Jam and two Springsteen shows. All of them got postponed.
    Post edited by mattbel123 on
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I just wish they could have announced it at least the day before the show. These several hour postponements are brutal for all involved. It really sung in this morning when I had to make the drive back home. I need to move on, definitely stuck in a moment that really stings. I took a vacation this week for Pearl Jam and two Springsteen shows. All of them got postponed.
    It was likely a business decision. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Yeah it is a bummer.  I drove from Columbus Ohio with a friend. When we arrived at a restaurant not far from the venue at around 3:00PM I got the notification that my tickets were "updated." At first I was unsure what that meant, but then looked at the tickets in my Apple Wallet and the date now said "TBA"  I immediately went to the PJ Indy 2023 Facebook group I am a member of and that is where I read the news that the show was postponed. We ended up going to the venue anyway to check out the merch line because my friend thought that poster was pretty "badass" and wanted one. The mech line seemed way too long to stand in the hot sun so we ended up leaving empty handed and headed back to Columbus. For me it was about 9 hours of time wasted, 425 miles round trip in my car, a tank of gas. But, it was a nice day and I nice drive. I got off easy compared to others that traveled a lot farther, paid for hotel rooms, flights, car rentals etc... I am bummed considering how long I have waited for this show and it was my first PJ show in 7 years, but it happens. It was just unfortunate that I didn't find out until I arrived in Noblesville. Hopefully they can reschedule this at a date I can make. I was very happy with the seats I got from 10C (SEC C, ROW M) so hopefully I will be able to get those same seats if and when it is rescheduled.

I am heading to Cincinnati this Friday for The National's "Homecoming 2023" 2 day Festival. I bought a 2 day VIP ticket for that show and DID get a hotel room so hopefully none of the guys in The National get sick.  The National is playing both Fri and Sat and they will have other bands like Pavement, The Walkmen, Patti Smith and other artists. :-)

George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    After flying in Saturday, we went to merch line, stood for 2 hours, got right to the front and heard the guy in the trailer announce that it was canceled.  Stood there in disbelief, checked twitter, and then marched up to the trailer like a zombie.  I just bought what I’d already agreed to buy, then stood there with my young adult daughters and felt completely sick.  We’d been talking about this show together since the date was announced, and then 5 hours from showtime…

we chatted with lots of folks after…everyone just seemed so sad.  That’s the impact these guys have on all of us…they can give us the highest of highs, and unfortunately like yesterday, the lowest of lows.  I don’t have any anger…life can be crap sometimes…being able to commiserate with everyone the last 24 hours who saw us at the Embassy Suites, the restaurants..etc…we all just looked glazed over in disbelief.  But I’d also add the empathy we all had for each other’s stories was helpful…we all just wanted to see the boys…they’d been cookin’ and we all knew we just missed out on a great show.  I’ll make more money…but the lost opportunity of some amazing songs last night will linger.  I hope no one in Ft Worth or Austin has to feel the pit in my stomach that I’m still working through today.  Hoping for something positive out of the reschedule and hoping there are much closer shows to me in the PNW in 2024.  Won’t go back to see.them on a plane again due to the scars…but can’t wait to see them shred near me in 2024.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Posts: 581
    edited September 2023
    I already feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Pearl Jam postponed, my flight home to New York cancelled. If Rodgers is out for the year after 4 plays, I'm becoming a priest. Giving up.

I did, however, meet two absolutely fantastic PJ fans from New York who are also stuck here, and now we're PJ BFFs, so there was some good to come out of this weekend.

• I already feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Pearl Jam postponed, my flight home to New York cancelled. If Rodgers is out for the year after 4 plays, I'm becoming a priest. Giving up.

I did, however, meet two absolutely fantastic PJ fans from New York who are also stuck here, and now we're PJ BFFs, so there was some good to come out of this weekend.
    I’m so sorry. I had Springsteen postpone two shows on me this week and then as I got to Indy, Pearl Jam did the same. To top it off, I took this week off of work for the concerts only to have all three postponed. Feels like a bad dream. It sunk in hard this morning when I made the drive home.
  • I already feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Pearl Jam postponed, my flight home to New York cancelled. If Rodgers is out for the year after 4 plays, I'm becoming a priest. Giving up.

That's awesome. Y'all get home safe and come back and see us on the reschedule. 
  • Hankj25 said:
    After flying in Saturday, we went to merch line, stood for 2 hours, got right to the front and heard the guy in the trailer announce that it was canceled.  Stood there in disbelief, checked twitter, and then marched up to the trailer like a zombie.  I just bought what I’d already agreed to buy, then stood there with my young adult daughters and felt completely sick.  We’d been talking about this show together since the date was announced, and then 5 hours from showtime…

we chatted with lots of folks after…everyone just seemed so sad.  That’s the impact these guys have on all of us…they can give us the highest of highs, and unfortunately like yesterday, the lowest of lows.  I don’t have any anger…life can be crap sometimes…being able to commiserate with everyone the last 24 hours who saw us at the Embassy Suites, the restaurants..etc…we all just looked glazed over in disbelief.  But I’d also add the empathy we all had for each other’s stories was helpful…we all just wanted to see the boys…they’d been cookin’ and we all knew we just missed out on a great show.  I’ll make more money…but the lost opportunity of some amazing songs last night will linger.  I hope no one in Ft Worth or Austin has to feel the pit in my stomach that I’m still working through today.  Hoping for something positive out of the reschedule and hoping there are much closer shows to me in the PNW in 2024.  Won’t go back to see.them on a plane again due to the scars…but can’t wait to see them shred near me in 2024.
    Great post. It was really stupefying or something like that. Unique feeling with all that was wrapped up in it. 
  • To the guy I met at the airport bar that was going to Phoenix…I want to thank you for talking about the sadness of missing our favorite band.I hadn’t been able to speak to anybody about it and you were the first person I commiserated with.  It was a therapy session.  I really love this fan group.  I’m glad you got to spend time with your brother and sister and I’m sure you are glad to be home with your own. 
  • I met some really great people at the Embassy last night.  They did a little Happy Hour for us (open bar!!) and had the nfl games on. Everyone banded together and made the most of the night chatting and telling their stories with a big Bluetooth speaker taking requests on the patio around the fire pits.  I had a bit too much and had to go to bed early to get up for my 7a flight back to Bogota but I’m glad the community was still able to have a good night together.  Whoever has that Given to Fly white Jeep is my new hero btw.  Great meeting you all. See you at the rescheduled date!  
    * Grant Park, Chicago - Aug 05, 2006
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 24, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 27, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 28, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 30, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Indianapolis - May 07, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 3, 2011 (PJ20)
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 4, 2011 (PJ20)
    *Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 19, 2013
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    *Golden 1 Center, Sacramento - May 18, 2022 -- CANCELLED
    *MGM Grand Arena - May 20, 2022 --CANCELLED 
    *Ball Arena, Denver - Sept 22, 2022
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville- Sept 10, 2023 -- POSTPONED FML
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville - Aug 26, 2024
  • As a final kick to the groin, my checked bag is still in Indianapolis, and no one knows what NY flight it's gonna be on.

The only way to fully erase the stink and the bad juju from this weekend is to come back WHEN the show is rescheduled. I choose to believe it will be rescheduled, and I will 100% be there.

• As a final kick to the groin, my checked bag is still in Indianapolis, and no one knows what NY flight it's gonna be on.

The only way to fully erase the stink and the bad juju from this weekend is to come back WHEN the show is rescheduled. I choose to believe it will be rescheduled, and I will 100% be there.
    It's going to kick ass. They'll make it right.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    As a final kick to the groin, my checked bag is still in Indianapolis, and no one knows what NY flight it's gonna be on.

💯 We are now more determined than ever to get back. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
    edited September 2023

Probably the first time I’ve seen a band throw the promoter under the bus like this.  Maybe bands are starting to fight back at some of the sketchy booking and ticket sales practices….
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore

I'm still numb.. but I hope they actually reschedule this soon
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • It would be nice to know something earlier, but I won't expect to hear about a reschedule date until the rest of the expected/rumored 2024 tour is announced, or just before that. Hopefully I am wrong.
  • It would be nice to know something earlier, but I won't expect to hear about a reschedule date until the rest of the expected/rumored 2024 tour is announced, or just before that. Hopefully I am wrong.
    Yup. The current rumor (I stress: RUMOR) is May which would make sense with the hypothetical album/tour timetable we all kinda expect. But they won’t announce it by itself if it’s part of a larger tour, and they won’t announce a May 2024 tour until next year (very possibly not til March even). So I don’t expect to hear anything until at least January and maybe not even then.
  • kmcmanus said:
    It would be nice to know something earlier, but I won't expect to hear about a reschedule date until the rest of the expected/rumored 2024 tour is announced, or just before that. Hopefully I am wrong.
    Yup. The current rumor (I stress: RUMOR) is May which would make sense with the hypothetical album/tour timetable we all kinda expect. But they won’t announce it by itself if it’s part of a larger tour, and they won’t announce a May 2024 tour until next year (very possibly not til March even). So I don’t expect to hear anything until at least January and maybe not even then.
    Basically hurry up and wait for the announcement.
  • We left Chicago on Sunday morning with beautiful weather and made a little side-trip to visit Shannon Hoon's grave, which I always wanted to do. It was a lovely, peaceful moment with nobody else around the cemetery, the sun shining and insects buzzing. Then we moved on towards Noblesville. We drove directly to the venue because I wanted to try and get a shot at a duffel bag and felt that 12.30 would still be early enough to get lucky. Lol The merch line was pretty much extending to the end of the parking lot. I walked all the way up to the front and asked a security guy to ask if they have the bags still and they did not. They had a ridiculously small amount to begin with (PJ, make more bags and sell them on here to take the wind out of the sails of all these flippers on eBay, thanks!). So we decided to go and check into the hotel, wait for my BIL and nephew, whom we were treating to his first show, get set in the hotel and then meet up with friends later. We decided to have a Frosty with fries on the way to the hotel, and in the parking lot I checked my social media and saw the news. We decided quickly to stop BIL and nephew in their tracks, managed to cancel our hotel room free of charge, and drove back home to Michigan. I am still bummed about the whole thing because Chicago 2 felt more like an appetizer and Noblesville was supposed to be the main course, along with meeting lots of friends. In the end it worked out well for us because we apparently got covid for the first time in Chicago. It's been a pretty nasty week, and it did not really feel great to watch the awesome sets unfold at the Texas shows. But oh well. Here's to hoping for a rescheduled date and more shows next year. If they don't play 3+ hours anymore it just means we will have to go to more shows now :D

• treestrees Posts: 1,866
    cifrancgx said:
    Yeah it is a bummer.  I drove from Columbus Ohio with a friend. When we arrived at a restaurant not far from the venue at around 3:00PM I got the notification that my tickets were "updated." At first I was unsure what that meant, but then looked at the tickets in my Apple Wallet and the date now said "TBA"  I immediately went to the PJ Indy 2023 Facebook group I am a member of and that is where I read the news that the show was postponed. We ended up going to the venue anyway to check out the merch line because my friend thought that poster was pretty "badass" and wanted one. The mech line seemed way too long to stand in the hot sun so we ended up leaving empty handed and headed back to Columbus. For me it was about 9 hours of time wasted, 425 miles round trip in my car, a tank of gas. But, it was a nice day and I nice drive. I got off easy compared to others that traveled a lot farther, paid for hotel rooms, flights, car rentals etc... I am bummed considering how long I have waited for this show and it was my first PJ show in 7 years, but it happens. It was just unfortunate that I didn't find out until I arrived in Noblesville. Hopefully they can reschedule this at a date I can make. I was very happy with the seats I got from 10C (SEC C, ROW M) so hopefully I will be able to get those same seats if and when it is rescheduled.

I am heading to Cincinnati this Friday for The National's "Homecoming 2023" 2 day Festival. I bought a 2 day VIP ticket for that show and DID get a hotel room so hopefully none of the guys in The National get sick.  The National is playing both Fri and Sat and they will have other bands like Pavement, The Walkmen, Patti Smith and other artists. :-)

Hello Columbus Ohio neighbor

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • We left Chicago on Sunday morning with beautiful weather and made a little side-trip to visit Shannon Hoon's grave, which I always wanted to do. It was a lovely, peaceful moment with nobody else around the cemetery, the sun shining and insects buzzing. Then we moved on towards Noblesville. We drove directly to the venue because I wanted to try and get a shot at a duffel bag and felt that 12.30 would still be early enough to get lucky. Lol The merch line was pretty much extending to the end of the parking lot. I walked all the way up to the front and asked a security guy to ask if they have the bags still and they did not. They had a ridiculously small amount to begin with (PJ, make more bags and sell them on here to take the wind out of the sails of all these flippers on eBay, thanks!). So we decided to go and check into the hotel, wait for my BIL and nephew, whom we were treating to his first show, get set in the hotel and then meet up with friends later. We decided to have a Frosty with fries on the way to the hotel, and in the parking lot I checked my social media and saw the news. We decided quickly to stop BIL and nephew in their tracks, managed to cancel our hotel room free of charge, and drove back home to Michigan. I am still bummed about the whole thing because Chicago 2 felt more like an appetizer and Noblesville was supposed to be the main course, along with meeting lots of friends. In the end it worked out well for us because we apparently got covid for the first time in Chicago. It's been a pretty nasty week, and it did not really feel great to watch the awesome sets unfold at the Texas shows. But oh well. Here's to hoping for a rescheduled date and more shows next year. If they don't play 3+ hours anymore it just means we will have to go to more shows now :D

Which hotel was nice?

Which hotel was nice?

We were booked for Staybridge Suites. They pretty much said "We know it is not your fault." But hubby is also a member of whatever stuff they have there and we had not checked in yet.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Is anyone still in disbelief a week later?

I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I belong in a nut house because I keep talking about it.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • BSully said:

I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I belong in a nut house because I keep talking about it.
    Yes.  Still feeling the sting.  
  • BSully said:

Yeah man. The shock and disappointment of a second no show in a row for me, with the uncertainty of when this show might get rescheduled messed me up all week. I mourned Vegas for a few weeks last year honestly and was on my way to the same struggle this year, despite all efforts to move past that grief. Thankfully my wife either understood my feelings or was just tired of seeing me sulking so that when I told her I thought I needed to go to Austin, she said do what you need to do. I regretted not just going to OKC or some other show last year and had told myself I’d do whatever I needed to to see them this year. So an impromptu trip to Austin it is. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I keep thinking about it because of all the what-ifs for me. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks.

Made plans months ago. My parents were going to watch our kids for the weekend and we booked a hotel.
    Despite reminding my parents a few times over the summer, about 3 weeks before the show they mention a trip they are taking. They totally forgot. I was obviously extremely annoyed and bummed. Determined to still go we look for other options. We couldn’t find any except to take our kids with us and make it a family weekend, where I’d go to the show by myself and the wife do something with the kids Sunday night. 
    About a week before the show we decided against that. The added expense of taking the kids only to go to the show by myself wasn’t worth it. Frustrated, I sold my tickets. We booked the hotel on Priceline super deal, so we couldn’t get a refund, but that was still the best option.
    Then they cancel day of. I flew out to Sacramento last year for that show so I understand the frustration. It was mixed feelings. I felt terrible for everyone who went but relieved I made the decision to not go.

Then Monday night/Tuesday morning I’m feeling out of breathe. I get in to see my Dr,, he sends me to the ER. I spent 3 days in the hospital with multiple blood clots in my lungs. Looks like they have been slowing building from a clot breaking in my leg. I had no pain and no dings anything was wrong.

If we did go and the show was on, there’s a good chance I’d be dead right now with all the traveling and energy for the weekend.
  • BSully said:

I’m still in disbelief because all three of the shows I had planned on my vacation got postponed. However, getting my first tattoo the other day helped a little.