Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

1192021222325»

Comments

• mace1229 said:
    I keep thinking about it because of all the what-ifs for me. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks.

Made plans months ago. My parents were going to watch our kids for the weekend and we booked a hotel.
    Despite reminding my parents a few times over the summer, about 3 weeks before the show they mention a trip they are taking. They totally forgot. I was obviously extremely annoyed and bummed. Determined to still go we look for other options. We couldn’t find any except to take our kids with us and make it a family weekend, where I’d go to the show by myself and the wife do something with the kids Sunday night. 
    About a week before the show we decided against that. The added expense of taking the kids only to go to the show by myself wasn’t worth it. Frustrated, I sold my tickets. We booked the hotel on Priceline super deal, so we couldn’t get a refund, but that was still the best option.
    Then they cancel day of. I flew out to Sacramento last year for that show so I understand the frustration. It was mixed feelings. I felt terrible for everyone who went but relieved I made the decision to not go.

Then Monday night/Tuesday morning I’m feeling out of breathe. I get in to see my Dr,, he sends me to the ER. I spent 3 days in the hospital with multiple blood clots in my lungs. Looks like they have been slowing building from a clot breaking in my leg. I had no pain and no dings anything was wrong.

If we did go and the show was on, there’s a good chance I’d be dead right now with all the traveling and energy for the weekend.
    Holy shit! Glad you’re okay and still with us all!
  • mace1229 said:
    I keep thinking about it because of all the what-ifs for me. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks.

Made plans months ago. My parents were going to watch our kids for the weekend and we booked a hotel.
    Despite reminding my parents a few times over the summer, about 3 weeks before the show they mention a trip they are taking. They totally forgot. I was obviously extremely annoyed and bummed. Determined to still go we look for other options. We couldn’t find any except to take our kids with us and make it a family weekend, where I’d go to the show by myself and the wife do something with the kids Sunday night. 
    About a week before the show we decided against that. The added expense of taking the kids only to go to the show by myself wasn’t worth it. Frustrated, I sold my tickets. We booked the hotel on Priceline super deal, so we couldn’t get a refund, but that was still the best option.
    Then they cancel day of. I flew out to Sacramento last year for that show so I understand the frustration. It was mixed feelings. I felt terrible for everyone who went but relieved I made the decision to not go.

Then Monday night/Tuesday morning I’m feeling out of breathe. I get in to see my Dr,, he sends me to the ER. I spent 3 days in the hospital with multiple blood clots in my lungs. Looks like they have been slowing building from a clot breaking in my leg. I had no pain and no dings anything was wrong.

If we did go and the show was on, there’s a good chance I’d be dead right now with all the traveling and energy for the weekend.
    Here’s to a full recovery for you, and hopefully a show close to you on the next tour with reliable childcare when the time comes! 
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    mace1229 said:

Glad you're doing ok.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    edited September 2023
    mace1229 said:

Holy shit man glad you're ok.

I had a blood clot in my leg April 6th. I noticed that day that my leg was swollen and a little painful. It got slightly worse in the afternoon. I went home complaining about it and my wife took me to the ER.

There was a clot in my calf...small breakoff to my lung that they didn't consider high risk so they sent me home. After 90 days on Eliquis I had a scan done. There are still some small clots in my leg so another 90 days on Eliquis for me.

Crazy shit. Getting old sucks balls.

I figured that me sitting at a desk all day might have led to it but who knows. The hematologist that I visited said "you've been sitting at a desk for 30 years with no clots" so I'm not sure if my theory is any good or not. They were asking me if I had done any travelling where I might have been sitting for a long period of time so I was a bit confused since I just got done telling them that I sit at a desk from 8am-8pm from Feb 1 through April 15.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BSully said:
    Is anyone still in disbelief a week later?

I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I belong in a nut house because I keep talking about it.
    Yes.. just walking around all sad and shit waiting on something official to be announced (good news)
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • mace1229 said:

Wow. Glad to hear that you're still with us. Here's to continued better health for you.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Maybe some good to come out of this for me after all lol.

I met some fellow NY PJ fans while at the Indy airport heading home. Spent most of the day on Monday with them, when our flights were cancelled, and we all ended up on the same flight Tuesday morning.

One of them, without telling me, or her friend (who wasn't even at the show), sends her friend and I a text, saying that "You two live close to each other, and I think you should meet"  :open_mouth:

Turns our her friend and I do live super close to each other, so we had coffee yesterday, and it went very well. A ton of fun. We're gonna do something else later this week. :)
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 201
    edited September 2023
    Maybe some good to come out of this for me after all lol.

I met some fellow NY PJ fans while at the Indy airport heading home. Spent most of the day on Monday with them, when our flights were cancelled, and we all ended up on the same flight Tuesday morning.

One of them, without telling me, or her friend (who wasn't even at the show), sends her friend and I a text, saying that "You two live close to each other, and I think you should meet"  :open_mouth:

Turns our her friend and I do live super close to each other, so we had coffee yesterday, and it went very well. A ton of fun. We're gonna do something else later this week. :)
    Who needs Tinder when you have PJ to bring people together.. :D
    Post edited by cmikehelton on
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • The postponement thread got closed due to some others bashing each other over COVID vaccines.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    mace1229 said:

Wow. I am glad you are ok.