Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• Came from Pa.   Already at the hotel when I got the announcement .  Hope everyone is ok.

Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,175
    My flight was canceled this morning and I was devastated because all other flights from News York were also canceled or fully booked. At 11 AM there was no way I was going to make it to this show.  I'm so sorry for everyone else, but I got hella lucky when the postponement announcement was made. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Jed said:
    My flight was canceled this morning and I was devastated because all other flights from News York were also canceled or fully booked. At 11 AM there was no way I was going to make it to this show.  I'm so sorry for everyone else, but I got hella lucky when the postponement announcement was made. 
    Man you must have had one hell of an emotional rollercoaster today. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    Duster72 said:
    How long is the merch line right now? Thinking about driving up.
    We got in line at 2 and are almost to the front. It’s about the same length as it was when we got in it, but they put up a tent next to the trailer, so gave four additional checkouts open now.
  • Anyone have any luck cancelling hotels?
    No, they were charging $75 cancellation fees at the Holiday Inn.
    No they said yesterday was the deadline to cancel and get a refund. Fortunately I booked a place before the dates were announced so I am only out just over $100. Could have been worse. 
  • Rebooked a flight after having our previous one canceled at 4am this morning. Overpaid but it felt like a miracle. Took off at 1:30. Just turned off airplane mode. Ouch is an understatement. Hope that everyone is ok both in and out of the band. I’ll keep an eye out for any fans around Indy the next day or two. Be well everyone 
  • I realize this isn't exactly the target audience, but Janelle Monae is playing tonight in Indianapolis and she's an incredible performer if you need something fun to do.
  • HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 104
    Looking for Indy flag if anyone is in merch line or has an extra. Missed it this morning. Will buy or trade for it.
  • purplecow said:
    I realize this isn't exactly the target audience, but Janelle Monae is playing tonight in Indianapolis and she's an incredible performer if you need something fun to do.
    Yup. Shes amazing. 
  • Anyone have any luck cancelling hotels?
    No, they were charging $75 cancellation fees at the Holiday Inn.
    No they said yesterday was the deadline to cancel and get a refund. Fortunately I booked a place before the dates were announced so I am only out just over $100. Could have been worse. 
    Yup, same for me. Out $132 which isn't nearly as bad as many who took flights.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,154
    Let’s hope all is well in PJ band land, could even be an immediate family member who is ill. Maybe someone had to fly home!? Who knows! What I do know is that these decisions don’t get made lightly. Bummer for all involved, band, fans, venue etc…let’s hope Indy gets a make up show asap. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

• 7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • incredebellincredebell Posts: 19
    edited September 2023
    Sacramento and Vegas are still waiting for rescheduled 2022 dates. They were completely ignored for this 2023 mini tour. 

So I wouldn't consider it a given that Indy will get a 2024 date. Who knows how far along in the supposed 2024 tour planning process they are. Who knows the logistics involved with that.

Even assuming Indy gets a 2024 date, all it takes is one band member getting sick and it could get postponed again. Or bad weather could cause it to get postponed.

I almost want to book multiple shows next year just as an insurance policy in case one of them gets postponed.

I'm wallowing in the moment, but... between the merch ridiculousness, show postponements, the struggle to get tickets, the shorter setlists, I wonder if it's worth the trouble anymore.

Post edited by incredebell on
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 441
    Sacramento and Vegas are still waiting for rescheduled 2022 dates. They were completely ignored for this 2023 mini tour. 

So I wouldn't consider it a given that Indy will get a 2024 date. Who knows how far along in the supposed 2024 tour planning process they are. Who knows the logistics involved with that.

Even assuming Indy gets a 2024 date, all it takes is one band member getting sick and it could get postponed again. Or bad weather could cause it to get postponed.

I almost want to book multiple shows next year just as an insurance policy in case one of them gets postponed.

I'm wallowing in the moment, but... between the merch ridiculousness, show postponements, the struggle to get tickets, the shorter setlists, I wonder if it's worth the trouble anymore.

Sacramento and Vegas were canceled. They aren't getting rescheduled.  There is a difference between canceled and postponed. 
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • seanwon said:

Sacramento and Vegas were canceled. They aren't getting rescheduled.  There is a difference between canceled and postponed. 
    My bad, I thought they were postponed. So maybe there is hope for Indy. Hopefully they don't change it to cancelled later.
  • Sacramento and Vegas are still waiting for rescheduled 2022 dates. They were completely ignored for this 2023 mini tour. 

It's probably worth going to all the early shows of the tour. Its the shows at the middle and end that seem to be more at risk. I missed Amsterdam night 1 last summer. Was right at the front of the line
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Huge contingency of us at Sun King in Fishers. Super bummed out, but trying to lift each other up. 
  • seanwon said:

All I've heard all night is how it's been postponed and there gonna come back and do the best show. Acting like this is different to all the shows people missed out on last summer. Postponed or cancelled makes no difference to your emotions when you at the venue and they pull the plug
  • seanwon said:

All I've heard all night is how it's been postponed and there gonna come back and do the best show. Acting like this is different to all the shows people missed out on last summer. Postponed or cancelled makes no difference to your emotions when you at the venue and they pull the plug
    Exactly. 
  • Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    seanwon said:

My bad, I thought they were postponed. So maybe there is hope for Indy. Hopefully they don't change it to cancelled later.
    Easily see them cancelling it. Honestly never come here for a reason. Now they don't have to. Sucks man it's been so long since they've been here. I was sooooo excited for tonight 😞
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315

Having the same discussion with myself after spending airfare for 3, etc.  It’s not the band’s fault, stuff happens…but this trip will probably be the last one where I fly in to see them…if they are where I am..or I can drive…I’m in.  But doing flights and hotels (and time frankly)…isn’t in my future. 

That being said, I’m sure the next set list will be ridiculous and my jealousy will rage…followed by a firm commitment to empty my bank account to see them for one of the only 4 shows next year somewhere in Europe…
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Is anyone surprised how late in the day they made the announcement? 
  • RT228921 said:
    Is anyone surprised how late in the day they made the announcement? 
    Not really. Disappointing, but it tells me whoever was sick was literally giving it their all and was hoping to make it.
  • RT228921RT228921 Posts: 93
    edited September 2023
    Ya, that’s what I was thinking too. Hope it’s not Ed’s voice. Rest of tour in jeopardy then. I found about about tonight’s show on the flight to Indy. Ooof
    Post edited by RT228921 on
  • RT228921 said:
    Ya, that’s what I was thinking too. Hope it’s not Ed’s voice. Rest of tour in jeopardy then. I found about about tonight’s show on the flight to Indy. Ooof
    Bummer, I’m sorry man. I made a 6 hour drive and found out as I checked into the hotel.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I got lucky as this is a home show for me, I'm only out the less than hour drive.
    So, we hung out, got the merch we wanted, and got a nice dinner.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • I literally deplaned and got back on the same plane back to Denver. Bummed about missing PJ. Bummed about no St. Elmo’s spicy shrimp cocktail. 

• I'm wallowing in the moment, but... between the merch ridiculousness, show postponements, the struggle to get tickets, the shorter setlists, I wonder if it's worth the trouble anymore.

The second Chicago show was beyond incredible so in my opinion yes it’s still worth it. I just got back to Chicago from Indy.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580

The second Chicago show was beyond incredible so in my opinion yes it’s still worth it. I just got back to Chicago from Indy.
    I will second this.  I am back at hope still trying to process what just happened today but the Chicago N2 show was one of the best I've ever been to.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    RT228921 said:
    Is anyone surprised how late in the day they made the announcement? 
    Not really. Disappointing, but it tells me whoever was sick was literally giving it their all and was hoping to make it.
    You're not as jaded as I am. I think that's a business decision. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.