Indy/Noblesville: Roll Call and Discussion

Comments

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    Kwieneke said:
    max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    I can’t say for 💯 as I never been but from what I’ve read seems to be safe an all sidewalk. Seems to be 20-30 min walk??Don’t think you get mugged or shot…mattbel123 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    Staying at the Embassy Suites…
    plan is to walk to the show..Got pit tickets but not hanging around the pit line to get the rail… I rather tailgate then stand on line all day!
    I'm not far from Embassy, but is it safe to walk to the venue?

Confirmed for reserved (hopefully keep my current seats). I'll be at the Embassy Suites off Tegler Dr (walking distance). I live in the city proper but always get a hotel close for shows at Deer Creek (yeah...it's Ruoff now but it'll always be Deer Creek to me). There are three hotels within walking distance (ES, Holiday Inn Express, and Wyndham). Safe walk to and from the venue.
    Walking towards DC from those hotels puts you at the back entrance of the venue...so if you have reserved or lawn, you can get in line there. But if you have PIT, you'll have to walk around to the front to "get in line".
    I'm a DC veteran so if anyone has any questions about the venue, the area around the venue, etc., just let me know :)
    @flanosmasseur, what about the Add-Ons available? Any of those worth it? We got reserved seating, no clue what seats yet with all of the reassigning, just curious your take on those.
    Most of these add ons are already sold out. they are pretty limited 
    If I'm not mistaken, the Coors VIP Deck and Overlook Lawn Deck are separately priced tickets (or an add-on if you have lawn seats). The VIP rooms/clubs listed are are not worth the price you pay. There are LOTS of places on each side of the amphitheater to procure food/beverages, along with ample room to move around.

I forgot to mention, the only merch booths INSIDE the venue (two that I'm aware of) are directly after you walk in the front entrance and a 50-60 yards beyond that. So, if you want merch, it might behoove you to get in line at the front entrance. Obviously, we have no idea if/where there will be an exterior merch booth at this point.

I definitely hope they have one outside. I cant imagine the mess inside for those merch booths 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 251
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    I can’t say for 💯 as I never been but from what I’ve read seems to be safe an all sidewalk. Seems to be 20-30 min walk??Don’t think you get mugged or shot…mattbel123 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    plan is to walk to the show..Got pit tickets but not hanging around the pit line to get the rail… I rather tailgate then stand on line all day!

Confirmed for reserved (hopefully keep my current seats). I'll be at the Embassy Suites off Tegler Dr (walking distance). I live in the city proper but always get a hotel close for shows at Deer Creek (yeah...it's Ruoff now but it'll always be Deer Creek to me). There are three hotels within walking distance (ES, Holiday Inn Express, and Wyndham). Safe walk to and from the venue.
    Walking towards DC from those hotels puts you at the back entrance of the venue...so if you have reserved or lawn, you can get in line there. But if you have PIT, you'll have to walk around to the front to "get in line".
    I'm a DC veteran so if anyone has any questions about the venue, the area around the venue, etc., just let me know :)
    @flanosmasseur, what about the Add-Ons available? Any of those worth it? We got reserved seating, no clue what seats yet with all of the reassigning, just curious your take on those.
    If I'm not mistaken, the Coors VIP Deck and Overlook Lawn Deck are separately priced tickets (or an add-on if you have lawn seats). The VIP rooms/clubs listed are are not worth the price you pay. There are LOTS of places on each side of the amphitheater to procure food/beverages, along with ample room to move around.

I forgot to mention, the only merch booths INSIDE the venue (two that I'm aware of) are directly after you walk in the front entrance and a 50-60 yards beyond that. So, if you want merch, it might behoove you to get in line at the front entrance. Obviously, we have no idea if/where there will be an exterior merch booth at this point.

I definitely hope they have one outside. I cant imagine the mess inside for those merch booths 
    @Kwieneke True. However, the first one you encounter does have a "queue" line, like at the airport, which makes things go much quicker. The other one, however, is kind of like a "make your own line" situation (like five separate lines). And if you're in a line with people who keep holding up shirts to themselves wondering if they'll fit, good luck on the poster lol
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    pjbugs007 said:

@Kwieneke True. However, the first one you encounter does have a "queue" line, like at the airport, which makes things go much quicker. The other one, however, is kind of like a "make your own line" situation (like five separate lines). And if you're in a line with people who keep holding up shirts to themselves wondering if they'll fit, good luck on the poster lol
    I was there for Jack Johnson last summer and he had a surprisingly long line for merch that had to weave around bars and other concessions if i remember correctly. it looked awful lol 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    edited May 2023
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    pjbugs007 said:

I was there for Jack Johnson last summer and he had a surprisingly long line for merch that had to weave around bars and other concessions if i remember correctly. it looked awful lol 
    Not sure if it had anything to do with the security detail at the time but I've been there for DMB the past three years and they had everyone who wasn't in the roped off queue (but still in line) funnel back away from the vendor stations.
    But to address your original point, I agree...an exterior merch tent will help immensely with crowd bottlenecks
    Post edited by flanosmasseur on
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • MargieJ70MargieJ70 Posts: 2
    My daughter & I are staying in Westfield.  Should we Uber? Or drive in? 
  • MargieJ70MargieJ70 Posts: 2
    Has anyone gotten the separate email with instructions to get tickets? 
    MargieJ70 said:
    It’s an easy and safe drive. Depends on if you want to pay for Uber and wait to get out of the lot after. 
  • cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 201
    MargieJ70 said:
    Has anyone gotten the separate email with instructions to get tickets? 
    I'm still waiting.. got 2 emails so far but i'm assuming the 3rd will have instructions to actually get the tix.
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    pjbugs007 said:

Worse than this?
    Things were different then
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    Kwieneke said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    It’s extremely safe. Almost no crime in the area and lots of sidewalks with lighting the whole way 
    This is good to know. I'm at the Holiday Inn, so I'm planning on walking if the weather is good.
    Evel K said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    pjbugs007 said:

Worse than this?
    sigh. I have to admit i spent some time in that monster of a line. met some really cool people though and the time flew by 
    Kwieneke said:
    Evel K said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    pjbugs007 said:

Worse than this?
    sigh. I have to admit i spent some time in that monster of a line. met some really cool people though and the time flew by 
    Yeah, I was at the show as well...stayed at the Hilton next to Bridgestone. Saw the line when I went to meet my friend for dinner/drinks on Broadway St and said to myself "Well, Ebay it is" lol
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
    MargieJ70 said:
    I think if you want to Uber to the venue, you'll be fine. However, after the show, I would suggest walking towards the hotels listed in the beginning of the thread before hitting the app.

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • cifrancgxcifrancgx Posts: 350
    I scored a pair of reserved seats.  They are currently in SEC C, Row M which are excellent (right side of the stage).  I am not sure if they will get reassigned however.  I was notified I got those seats on Wednesday, April 26th at 2:00PM.  After I didn't hear anything on the 24th and 25th and my status was "Unfulfilled" I assumed I lost out.  I am driving from Columbus Ohio. I plan on driving back to Columbus after the show however.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    cifrancgx said:
    I scored a pair of reserved seats.  They are currently in SEC C, Row M which are excellent (right side of the stage).  I am not sure if they will get reassigned however.  I was notified I got those seats on Wednesday, April 26th at 2:00PM.  After I didn't hear anything on the 24th and 25th and my status was "Unfulfilled" I assumed I lost out.  I am driving from Columbus Ohio. I plan on driving back to Columbus after the show however.
    Whats your member number?  110xxx ish?
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Man... that drives me nuts. Just get a shirt and move out of the way. You were in line for this long and you still don't know what you want?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
    I will be there... reserved seats.
    Excited to have a show in my home state again, so I can just drive home afterward... about an hour's drive with no traffic.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    BSully said:
    Man... that drives me nuts. Just get a shirt and move out of the way. You were in line for this long and you still don't know what you want?
    I agree. But the women’s sizes are so erratic that I have wasted more than a few dollars buying ones in my usual size that turn out to be so small that they look like they are for children. I really have to look at them in a few sizes to see what will fit. If they made the women’s sizes more consistent, then problem solved. 
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    GlowGirl said:
    I agree. But the women’s sizes are so erratic that I have wasted more than a few dollars buying ones in my usual size that turn out to be so small that they look like they are for children. I really have to look at them in a few sizes to see what will fit. If they made the women’s sizes more consistent, then problem solved. 

Its not just womens sizes either :(

Mens sizes arent great, especially if you are between sizes...that said, it should be a quick thing and not checking out the design and all that...know what you want test 2 sizes, move one and let the next person get a chance!  lol...
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
    PhartN said:
    GlowGirl said:

Mens sizes arent great, especially if you are between sizes...that said, it should be a quick thing and not checking out the design and all that...know what you want test 2 sizes, move one and let the next person get a chance!  lol...
    I could almost size up two entire sizes with their shirts now. They're small 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    PhartN said:
    GlowGirl said:

Right. There is plenty of time in line to pick out the design. But having to hold up several sizes and think about if they will fit can also take up too much time. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    Holding them up I can deal with. Trying them on should result in getting kicked out of the venue.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Originally reserved a room at the Holiday Inn in Carmel when I considered flying to Indianapolis but decided to save the points. Will be driving down the day before and staying overnight at the Holiday Inn in Gas City (couldn’t resist) and wake up early and refreshed for show day. Hoping for great weather that weekend so we can enjoy the experience…Camden weather was fantastic last September and really made it a fun time. 

Now we wait for seniority to be correctly allocated.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    Originally reserved a room at the Holiday Inn in Carmel when I considered flying to Indianapolis but decided to save the points. Will be driving down the day before and staying overnight at the Holiday Inn in Gas City (couldn’t resist) and wake up early and refreshed for show day. Hoping for great weather that weekend so we can enjoy the experience…Camden weather was fantastic last September and really made it a fun time. 

hoping for better weather in Indy than we had for 2010...
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Kwieneke said:
    100 Pacer said:

hoping for better weather in Indy than we had for 2010...
    Perfect temps post-tornado warning lol
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    I love traveling for shows, but I just can't believe they are back playing Indy again so I don't have to travel this time!
    BSully said:
    I love traveling for shows, but I just can't believe they are back playing Indy again so I don't have to travel this time!
    I'm convinced that they planned on playing the 9th also....curious why they gave that one to the pumpkins. Maybe EV didn't like the idea of a back to back show. That would make sense.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    BSully said:
    I'm convinced that they planned on playing the 9th also....curious why they gave that one to the pumpkins. Maybe EV didn't like the idea of a back to back show. That would make sense.
    I remember hearing that rumor about a hold for that evening and it makes sense given that everywhere got two nights except for Indy 
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 316
    Kwieneke said:
    BSully said:
    I remember hearing that rumor about a hold for that evening and it makes sense given that everywhere got two nights except for Indy 
    Hope since Indy only got 1 night we get a deep cut heavy set
    joe159 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    BSully said:
    Hope since Indy only got 1 night we get a deep cut heavy set
    I doubt it....they haven't been there in 13 years so I'm guessing it will be the more recent big hits setlist with one or two oddities