Ft Worth Nights 1 & 2 : Roll Call & Discussion

Comments

• Did you all see the email from Dickies about the restaurant? Looks like a nice option before the show...IF you are in seats and not needing to hold a spot in GA.

Has anyone ever been there? To the Ariat Club before a show?
    ----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
  • danofundanofun Posts: 985
    will we be spared the hellacious temps?!..

• shep said:
    Y'all all are fucking nuts.

It's been 110+ plus degrees here the last week (Houston anyway). You can literally cook an egg on the pavement - it would take 20 min, but you can technically do it.

And it's still going to be near this temp in 3 weeks shy of a miracle or a hurricane.... 

And you're even considering standing/sitting/whatever on a sidewalk all day to be 20-feet closer to the stage when you could be enjoying a cold beer or relaxing? Wow.

Stop and think about it for a minute. The two times I have had GA, I walked in about 20 minutes before the band went on and been no more than 20-25 ft from the stage. Grabbing a hold of the rail and holding my bathroom breaks for 3 hours, let alone spending a day in the searching Texas heat and risking heat stroke (for those unaccustomed to the heat here) is wild.

But then again, people would call me nuts to attending four shows in a row... Or running 13 miles in this heat twice a week...

Good luck.

Yeah, I mean if you just HAVE to be on the rail to get a drink of Ed's wine or whatever, go for it at 6 AM. Otherwise, show up at doors and still be 20 feet from the stage. Also, more room at the back of the pit and it sounds better. To each their own, I'm in seats both nights and thrilled not to roast in a GA line
  • Checking in for both nights.  In the seats.  I had GA for the first time in St. Paul and wish I had put in for the TX shows as well, though my Ft Worth seats are the best seats I've had yet for any PJ show.  Looking forward to the shows.

Hoping the heat keeps some people away as I struck out on the local merch for St. Paul.  Hoping for some good road trip souvenirs from TX.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Did you all see the email from Dickies about the restaurant? Looks like a nice option before the show...IF you are in seats and not needing to hold a spot in GA.

Has anyone ever been there? To the Ariat Club before a show?
    was wondering the same.  love to hear from some locals to see if that is a good option or not.
  • SvootSvoot Posts: 12
    N1: Section 14
    N2: Will see if tickets come up.
  • May have an extra GA for FW night 1. Should know today or tomorrow. Will let you guys know if I am going to put it up on F2F.
  • Checking in night 1 & 2 - night 1 GA - my advice- chairs-umbrella-sunglasses-sunblock-water-find some shade 🍀
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    danofun said:

cold front?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • wbutler29 said:
    May have an extra GA for FW night 1. Should know today or tomorrow. Will let you guys know if I am going to put it up on F2F.
    @craigraether is looking for a single GA for FW1 
    ----
  • Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 453
    I am also looking for a single as well for myself! Coming in solo from Colorado
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024: Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • LukinFan said:
    danofun said:

cold front?
    Looks like it - devine timing 
  • Just got the email with show information...

I think the show is good to go for tomorrow!

See you all there! 
    ----
    Just got the email with show information...

See you all there! 
    the generic one from Ticketmaster? I think the Indy people said they got that one too. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    shep said:

It's been 110+ plus degrees here the last week (Houston anyway). You can literally cook an egg on the pavement - it would take 20 min, but you can technically do it.

And it's still going to be near this temp in 3 weeks shy of a miracle or a hurricane.... 

And you're even considering standing/sitting/whatever on a sidewalk all day to be 20-feet closer to the stage when you could be enjoying a cold beer or relaxing? Wow.

Stop and think about it for a minute. The two times I have had GA, I walked in about 20 minutes before the band went on and been no more than 20-25 ft from the stage. Grabbing a hold of the rail and holding my bathroom breaks for 3 hours, let alone spending a day in the searching Texas heat and risking heat stroke (for those unaccustomed to the heat here) is wild.

But then again, people would call me nuts to attending four shows in a row... Or running 13 miles in this heat twice a week...

Good luck.

Yeah, I mean if you just HAVE to be on the rail to get a drink of Ed's wine or whatever, go for it at 6 AM. Otherwise, show up at doors and still be 20 feet from the stage. Also, more room at the back of the pit and it sounds better. To each their own, I'm in seats both nights and thrilled not to roast in a GA line
    Completely agree on going in at door time and on the back of the pit. I usually get close for the first 45 minutes or so, then hang in the back. And that's what I plan on doing on Friday as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LukinFan said:
    Just got the email with show information...

See you all there! 
    the generic one from Ticketmaster? I think the Indy people said they got that one too. 
    That email was just meant to give us hope....got it....read it....gutted
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mfc2006 said:
    shep said:

Good luck.

Completely agree on going in at door time and on the back of the pit. I usually get close for the first 45 minutes or so, then hang in the back. And that's what I plan on doing on Friday as well.
    I'll see you in the back on Friday, buddy!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    I usually end up near the back in GA too. My seats for 3/4 of the TX shows are the front row of the floor, so I haven’t tried too hard to upgrade. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    LukinFan said:
    mfc2006 said:
    shep said:

Good luck.

I'll see you in the back on Friday, buddy!
    Hell yes, man! Text me and we'll meet up for sure!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    Got a 10c email with FTW1 event details around 1:00pm. Keep the hope alive!
  • ReevesNationReevesNation Posts: 26
    edited September 2023
    N2 Sec 107

Is there going to be a Ten Club meetup before the shows for both nights? 
    Post edited by ReevesNation on
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 570
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • I feel like this has been mentioned in other threads but can't find the answer.  My ticket buddy might be there later than I am tomorrow, but I'm wanting to get inside in hopes that there are still posters available.  If I give him my login, can I go in by just scanning one of the tickets and then he can get in on the other?  
    3-19-94 - Detroit, MI
    9-21-96 - Toronto, Ontario
    8-18-98 - E. Lansing, MI
    8-23-98 - Auburn Hills, MI
    10-7-00 - Auburn Hills, MI
    9-20-22 - Oklahoma City, OK
    9-22-22 - Denver, CO
    9-13-23 - Ft. Worth, TX
    9-15-23 - Ft. Worth, TX
    9-18-23 - Austin, TX
    9-19-23 - Austin, TX
  • See ya'll tomorrow night. I'm in sec 106. Bringing my son to his 1st PJ concert.
  • Wife and I will be in for FW2 and Austin1

#16 & 17 for myself and 2 & 3 for my lady. Can’t wait! 

Section 122 Row 9

We also have a pair for Section 125 Row 16 that are will to sell but we would like to see what seat is the best first lol 
  • armydub said:
    I feel like this has been mentioned in other threads but can't find the answer.  My ticket buddy might be there later than I am tomorrow, but I'm wanting to get inside in hopes that there are still posters available.  If I give him my login, can I go in by just scanning one of the tickets and then he can get in on the other?  
    that should work
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • armydub said:
    I feel like this has been mentioned in other threads but can't find the answer.  My ticket buddy might be there later than I am tomorrow, but I'm wanting to get inside in hopes that there are still posters available.  If I give him my login, can I go in by just scanning one of the tickets and then he can get in on the other?  
    I think it might actually kill both tickets once you are inside. I only used one of my tickets at St. Paul 2 and I remember just being curious what happened to the other and it was as if they were both scanned.
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Honk when you pass me on the way up to fort Worth from Houston
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • KV4053 said:
    Honk when you pass me on the way up to fort Worth from Houston
    Honk from The Woodlands. 
  • Wife and I will be in for FW2 and Austin1

#16 & 17 for myself and 2 & 3 for my lady. Can’t wait! 

Section 122 Row 9

We also have a pair for Section 125 Row 16 that are will to sell but we would like to see what seat is the best first lol 
    I’m looking for Austin 1 for my wife and I- if you need to get rid of 2 good tickets-let me know please