Ft Worth Nights 1 & 2 : Roll Call & Discussion

Comments

• jseth33jseth33 Posts: 2
    Appreciate it!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Question...

We are debating leaving Fort Worth on Saturday and heading to Austin.... or should we kick back and sleep, and rest on Saturday, and go to Austin on Sunday. 

Thoughts? What are ya'll doing? 

Personally, high tailing it out of FW Saturday morning to Austin.

I don't like Dallas and you couldn't gift me 50-yard to tickets to the cowgirls.... Well you could, but they'd go straight onto StubHub.

Too much fun to be had in Austin. Staying just east of the I35 (but out of the dicey spots) Saturday thru Wednesday morning. Planning on  brewery hopping Saturday afternoon, either on the northside near ABW or on the south near meanwhile/st. Elmo/pinthouse and making our back to the city proper for some 6th or Rainey experience. Sunday is a maybe on a BBQ lunch follow by a trip out to jester king for sure. Undecided about evening yet.

Monday is still TBD at this stage...

But regardless, you should get the hell out of dodge. The metroplex is so devoid of anything resembling character.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • shep said:
    Question...

We are debating leaving Fort Worth on Saturday and heading to Austin.... or should we kick back and sleep, and rest on Saturday, and go to Austin on Sunday. 

I don't like Dallas and you couldn't gift me 50-yard to tickets to the cowgirls.... Well you could, but they'd go straight onto StubHub.

Too much fun to be had in Austin. Staying just east of the I35 (but out of the dicey spots) Saturday thru Wednesday morning. Planning on  brewery hopping Saturday afternoon, either on the northside near ABW or on the south near meanwhile/st. Elmo/pinthouse and making our back to the city proper for some 6th or Rainey experience. Sunday is a maybe on a BBQ lunch follow by a trip out to jester king for sure. Undecided about evening yet.

But regardless, you should get the hell out of dodge. The metroplex is so devoid of anything resembling character.
    Not familiar with either location but i am looking forward to spending some time up by the Stockyards (staying at the Hyatt place Stockyards) and taking in the cowboy/western culture. The honky tonks seem like a decent time and open containers on street! Headed to Jets game on Sun before headed out so will be staying in the area.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Question...

Jets/Cowboys on Sunday and driving to Austin on Monday. 
    Heading to the Jets/Cowboy’s game with my good buddy @RatherStarved
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    ^ I’m doing the game too, Texas football v Wyoming day before also

all 4 Texas shows

gonna be nuts

Waiting to get tix, hoping they drop a little more
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 942
    Texas A&M is playing at home on Saturday as well. Not too far from DFW and a better experience than TU. 
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    wbutler29 said:
    Texas A&M is playing at home on Saturday as well. Not too far from DFW and a better experience than TU. 
    I like the cut of your jib.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    shep said:
    Question...

That is an awesome plan. Love all those spots you mentioned - especially JK and Pinthouse. We just moved back to Houston & I'm excited to check out all of the breweries!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    I was originally planning to go to FW2 & Austin 2, but had to scrap the Austin plans. So, FW2 is the only show I'm going to on this tour. I'm driving in on Thursday night or Friday morning from Houston & can't wait to meet up with a bunch of buddies that I haven't seen in awhile. Quick trip & will head home on Saturday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • What time would you all say we should line up on Friday night in Fort Worth for GA? 
    ----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
  • danofundanofun Posts: 985
    edited August 2023
    Long time 10Cer and scored first pit tickets for Baltimore 2020… After a 3 year wait l, we’ll be in the pit for FW1 & FW2. Look forward to seeing many of you there!
    Post edited by danofun on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    What time would you all say we should line up on Friday night in Fort Worth for GA? 
    If you are talking about the Friday show some people will be in line Thursday night. If you want to get close try to get there as early in the morning as possible. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    What time would you all say we should line up on Friday night in Fort Worth for GA? 
    If you are talking about the Friday show some people will be in line Thursday night. If you want to get close try to get there as early in the morning as possible. 
    Current temps are over 100 degrees! I would love to be close. This would be my first time (30 years later) having GA (other than festival shows). Early morning is what? 
    ----
    GlowGirl said:
    Current temps are over 100 degrees! I would love to be close. This would be my first time (30 years later) having GA (other than festival shows). Early morning is what? 
    There are definitely people more experienced with GA lines than I am. But last year I got rail for Camden and got in line around 6:15am. The other shows I was in 2nd row from rail and got in line ranging from 6:45am to 9:00am. St. Louis was really hot and they gave us numbered wristbands and we left and came back around 5:00pm and lined up by number. They did that so we wouldn’t be in the heat all day. I think I got there around 6:30/6:45am and my number was 39 - which put me in the second row. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    shep said:
    Question...

If you end up south definitely check out Vacancy. It’s right by St. Elmo. Also, Still Bourbon distillery is right between them if you want something stronger. They have a good food truck as well. 

The new Hi Sign taproom is great as well and not far from Meanwhile. 

I’d be down to meet up if you go the south route. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ISO 2 GA FW2 - Currently have Sect 114 Row 8 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    There are definitely people more experienced with GA lines than I am. But last year I got rail for Camden and got in line around 6:15am. The other shows I was in 2nd row from rail and got in line ranging from 6:45am to 9:00am. St. Louis was really hot and they gave us numbered wristbands and we left and came back around 5:00pm and lined up by number. They did that so we wouldn’t be in the heat all day. I think I got there around 6:30/6:45am and my number was 39 - which put me in the second row. 
    Supposedly it might be a random draw for first in line to discourage the overnight camping. Would be a big change from the usual so will be interesting to see if it actually happens 

SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Supposedly it might be a random draw for first in line to discourage the overnight camping. Would be a big change from the usual so will be interesting to see if it actually happens 

If they don’t announce it beforehand you still need to get there early just in case. But it will be interesting to see if they do that. 
    ComeToTX said:
    shep said:
    Question...

If you end up south definitely check out Vacancy. It’s right by St. Elmo. Also, Still Bourbon distillery is right between them if you want something stronger. They have a good food truck as well. 

The new Hi Sign taproom is great as well and not far from Meanwhile. 

I’d be down to meet up if you go the south route. 
    These are great additions thanks. Vacancy was on my radar - had not heard of Hi Sign. Will check it out. 

A break for bourbon just might be the right amount of spice this afternoon outing needs!

I actually stopped into pinthouse on Monday for some to-gos.. everything is so good from there... The raga rice lager, magical pils, and electric jellyfish are delicious.

It's starting to sound like a pearl jam brewery tour taking shape...

I love ABW, but it seems there's a little more push towards the south side this time... I will get myself a peacemaker and a pearl snap before I leave town tho...

I'll reach out when we firm up some plans Cameron.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    Sweet!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow! 6:00am! Ok, we've never done this...always had seats, but it sounds like an adventure. I wonder if there will be wristbands considering the weather and how hot it will be. I checked the weather 10 days out, and it is ranging from 100-107. 

What do you do all day? Do you bring a chair? Uber food? Would love some tips and tricks. 
    ----
  • SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

So it is possible people could get there at 6am and draw a higher number and not be first?

Hmm... I would be happy to go there at 5 or 6am and get a wristband and come back as to not waiting all day in over 100 deg weather.
    How, where would we find out about when/what will happen? 
    ----
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow! 6:00am! Ok, we've never done this...always had seats, but it sounds like an adventure. I wonder if there will be wristbands considering the weather and how hot it will be. I checked the weather 10 days out, and it is ranging from 100-107. 

What do you do all day? Do you bring a chair? Uber food? Would love some tips and tricks. 
    Some people bring chairs. We order pizza or other food to be delivered to the line. I stop all food and drink several hours before the show because once you get your spot in the venue it can be hard to leave it and go to the bathroom depending on how nice the crowd is around you. Sometimes it is easy to get back to your  spot. Sometimes It is more difficult. The regular way they do numbered wristbands is to give them out in order based on the lineup. The first person will get #1 and so on. Then when we come back later we line up in order by number. So it is advantageous to get there early and get a low number. If they do the rumored number lottery system (which I have never done before) apparently they give you a numbered wristband in the order you get there. But then when we come back later they draw a random number to be first in line and then line up in order starting with that number. So if they pick number 78, they would be first and 79 would be second, etc. and 77 would be last in line. If they do that there is not really an advantage to get there early. You just have to get there within the timeframe they are giving out numbers. Anyone who comes too late to get a number will line up after the last number in line. 

But as long of a day as it is, I have had fun in line. I have met great people. Also, the people around you will let you get out of line to grab, food, find a bathroom, hang out with friends in other parts of the line, get merch, etc. just make friends with the people around you. I have always had a blast. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Some people bring chairs. We order pizza or other food to be delivered to the line. I stop all food and drink several hours before the show because once you get your spot in the venue it can be hard to leave it and go to the bathroom depending on how nice the crowd is around you. Sometimes it is easy to get back to your  spot. Sometimes It is more difficult. The regular way they do numbered wristbands is to give them out in order based on the lineup. The first person will get #1 and so on. Then when we come back later we line up in order by number. So it is advantageous to get there early and get a low number. If they do the rumored number lottery system (which I have never done before) apparently they give you a numbered wristband in the order you get there. But then when we come back later they draw a random number to be first in line and then line up in order starting with that number. So if they pick number 78, they would be first and 79 would be second, etc. and 77 would be last in line. If they do that there is not really an advantage to get there early. You just have to get there within the timeframe they are giving out numbers. Anyone who comes too late to get a number will line up after the last number in line. 

But as long of a day as it is, I have had fun in line. I have met great people. Also, the people around you will let you get out of line to grab, food, find a bathroom, hang out with friends in other parts of the line, get merch, etc. just make friends with the people around you. I have always had a blast. 
    I appreciate all the info! Thank you so much :)

When/where would we find out if they will be handing out wristbands rather than having everyone wait in 100+ weather? Is that a 10C thing, or a venue thing. Will it be posted somewhere? Could we call ahead to the venue perhaps? 
    ----
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

When/where would we find out if they will be handing out wristbands rather than having everyone wait in 100+ weather? Is that a 10C thing, or a venue thing. Will it be posted somewhere? Could we call ahead to the venue perhaps? 
    I think it is more of a decision of the venue than it is 10C. Both times I was in a numbered wristband situation I did not know until I got there. You may want to ask the venue, but things could change. Let us know if you find anything out.

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

I think it is more of a decision of the venue than it is 10C. Both times I was in a numbered wristband situation I did not know until I got there. You may want to ask the venue, but things could change. Let us know if you find anything out.

The two shows last year handed out the GA numbered bracelets early in the day and there was no line at the GA entrance that day until an hour before they were let in.  
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

The two shows last year handed out the GA numbered bracelets early in the day and there was no line at the GA entrance that day until an hour before they were let in.  
    Hi :)

Do you mean the two shows you went to a Dickies, last year? 
    ----
    Y'all all are fucking nuts.

It's been 110+ plus degrees here the last week (Houston anyway). You can literally cook an egg on the pavement - it would take 20 min, but you can technically do it.

And it's still going to be near this temp in 3 weeks shy of a miracle or a hurricane.... 

And you're even considering standing/sitting/whatever on a sidewalk all day to be 20-feet closer to the stage when you could be enjoying a cold beer or relaxing? Wow.

Stop and think about it for a minute. The two times I have had GA, I walked in about 20 minutes before the band went on and been no more than 20-25 ft from the stage. Grabbing a hold of the rail and holding my bathroom breaks for 3 hours, let alone spending a day in the searching Texas heat and risking heat stroke (for those unaccustomed to the heat here) is wild.

But then again, people would call me nuts to attending four shows in a row... Or running 13 miles in this heat twice a week...

Good luck.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    shep said:

It's been 110+ plus degrees here the last week (Houston anyway). You can literally cook an egg on the pavement - it would take 20 min, but you can technically do it.

And it's still going to be near this temp in 3 weeks shy of a miracle or a hurricane.... 

And you're even considering standing/sitting/whatever on a sidewalk all day to be 20-feet closer to the stage when you could be enjoying a cold beer or relaxing? Wow.

Stop and think about it for a minute. The two times I have had GA, I walked in about 20 minutes before the band went on and been no more than 20-25 ft from the stage. Grabbing a hold of the rail and holding my bathroom breaks for 3 hours, let alone spending a day in the searching Texas heat and risking heat stroke (for those unaccustomed to the heat here) is wild.

But then again, people would call me nuts to attending four shows in a row... Or running 13 miles in this heat twice a week...

Good luck.
    I gotta agree. It's one thing to wait outside all day in Minnesota when it's 75 degrees... 100+ not so much 
  • SHZA said:
    shep said:

Good luck.
    I gotta agree. It's one thing to wait outside all day in Minnesota when it's 75 degrees... 100+ not so much 

Yeah, I can't sit out all day like that. I do love the idea of showing up in the morning, grabbing a wristband and coming back later on :) 

----