Ft Worth Nights 1 & 2 : Roll Call & Discussion

Comments

• ShaggyShaggy Posts: 13
    SF281234 said:
    N2 - GA PIT

Flying in from NYC and first time in Texas. Is downtown Fort Worth a nice area to stay? Are there restaurants and bars in that area? It seems like a short 8-10 min. drive to the arena. Thanks.
    Yes, downtown Ft Worth has stuff to do if you stay there.  There are many restaurants there and some fun stuff to see, like the Water Gardens.  Not the best restaurants and not the best activities in town, but you can enjoy yourself there. I live in Dallas and we have done a summer "Staycation" in downtown Ft Worth.  The town is actually quite small so you can get around to different things easily.

For food, please don't leave town without trying one of the BBQ spots mentioned above.  All are excellent and you won't be disappointed.

* The Stockyards is a good place to visit. Restaurants, bars, shops, tourists, history - all with a "Cowtown" atmosphere.
    * Closer to the arena, for those interested in a little culture, the Kimbell Museum should not be missed.  Next door is the Modern Art Museum.  Also not to be missed.
    * The Ft Worth Zoo can be added to the list for the "Pearl Jam" tourist spots. Eddie played a private party there a few years back that caused a lot of noise complaints from the neighbors.  And it is a great zoo.

• SF281234SF281234 Posts: 38
    Shaggy said:
    SF281234 said:
    N2 - GA PIT

Flying in from NYC and first time in Texas. Is downtown Fort Worth a nice area to stay? Are there restaurants and bars in that area? It seems like a short 8-10 min. drive to the arena. Thanks.
    Yes, downtown Ft Worth has stuff to do if you stay there.  There are many restaurants there and some fun stuff to see, like the Water Gardens.  Not the best restaurants and not the best activities in town, but you can enjoy yourself there. I live in Dallas and we have done a summer "Staycation" in downtown Ft Worth.  The town is actually quite small so you can get around to different things easily.

For food, please don't leave town without trying one of the BBQ spots mentioned above.  All are excellent and you won't be disappointed.

* The Stockyards is a good place to visit. Restaurants, bars, shops, tourists, history - all with a "Cowtown" atmosphere.
    * Closer to the arena, for those interested in a little culture, the Kimbell Museum should not be missed.  Next door is the Modern Art Museum.  Also not to be missed.
    * The Ft Worth Zoo can be added to the list for the "Pearl Jam" tourist spots. Eddie played a private party there a few years back that caused a lot of noise complaints from the neighbors.  And it is a great zoo.

Thanks Shaggy…very helpful! 
    05/20/10 New York, NY
    05/21/10 New York, NY
    07/19/13 Chicago, IL
    10/18/13 Brooklyn, NY
    10/19/13 Brooklyn, NY
    12/04/13 Vancouver, BC
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/22/14 Denver, CO
    05/01/16 New York, NY
    05/02/16 New York, NY
    08/05/16 Boston, MA
    08/18/18 Chicago, IL
    09/02/18 Boston, NY
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    SF281234 said:
    N2 - GA PIT

I am also coming from NYC and it will also be my first time in Texas (apart from changing planes in Dallas once or twice). I am hitting both Fort Worth and Austin. What airline are you taking? I haven’t gotten plane tickets yet. 
  • cwjacwja Posts: 135
    For those of you flying in there are two airports in the area. 

DFW Is the biggest and most convenient to Fort Worth. All of the airlines, except Southwest fly in to DFW. There is a train station in Terminal B that will take you to downtown FW. If you’re renting a car you’re looking at around a 30 minute drive give or take 10 minutes depending on traffic and the weight of your foot. 

Dallas Love Field is where all Southwest flights arrive and depart. Delta and Alaska also have a few flights there. Public transportation is a little trickier but possible. The drive is probably closer to 45 minutes. 

• SF281234SF281234 Posts: 38
    GlowGirl said:
    SF281234 said:
    N2 - GA PIT

I am also coming from NYC and it will also be my first time in Texas (apart from changing planes in Dallas once or twice). I am hitting both Fort Worth and Austin. What airline are you taking? I haven’t gotten plane tickets yet. 
    Nice! I wish I was going to Austin.
    I will be flying Delta or American Airlines. I didn’t book any flight yet.
    05/20/10 New York, NY
    05/21/10 New York, NY
    07/19/13 Chicago, IL
    10/18/13 Brooklyn, NY
    10/19/13 Brooklyn, NY
    12/04/13 Vancouver, BC
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/22/14 Denver, CO
    05/01/16 New York, NY
    05/02/16 New York, NY
    08/05/16 Boston, MA
    08/18/18 Chicago, IL
    09/02/18 Boston, NY
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    SF281234 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SF281234 said:
    N2 - GA PIT

Nice! I wish I was going to Austin.
    I will be flying Delta or American Airlines. I didn’t book any flight yet.
    Cool. I will likely book Delta if I can. I have miles with them. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    edited May 2023
    LukinFan said:
    What are the best record shops, breweries, restaurants, pizza in the Ft Worth area? Anything worth checking out close to the venue? We’re staying about a mile away. 
    There are several new smaller record shops in Ft. Worth that I haven't had a chance to check out yet living in Dallas.

Doc's Records is in Ft. Worth, and they're pretty good.  If you have time, check out Forever Young in Grand Prairie and Josey Records in Carrolton (Dallas).
    Also Good Records in Dallas is great.

For breweries, I don't know of a ton in FTW, but know a lot in the Dallas (Odd Muse, Tupps, Deep Ellum, Celestial, Community, Manhattan...to name a few) area. Paging @White Discussion....he knows all of the best beer spots in DFW.

We aren't going to Night 1, but have GA for night 2. And this thread reminded me to book a room! So, thanks for that!
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    edited May 2023
    LukinFan said:
    LukinFan said:
    What are the best record shops, breweries, restaurants, pizza in the Ft Worth area? Anything worth checking out close to the venue? We’re staying about a mile away. 
    There are several new smaller record shops in Ft. Worth that I haven't had a chance to check out yet living in Dallas.

Doc's Records is in Ft. Worth, and they're pretty good.  If you have time, check out Forever Young in Grand Prairie and Josey Records in Carrolton (Dallas).
    Awesome! I’ll add them to the list. I appreciate it. Any BBQ or Tex-Mex joints you’d recommend in the area? Breweries?
    Docs and Josey are great. Forever Young has everything but they are very over priced and their organization is the worst of any record store I've ever seen. Panther City is small but cool. If you venture a little further east Born Late is loaded with hard to find stuff, including lots of boots. It's owned by drummer Henry Vasquez who played in Saint Vitus for a long time. Great dude.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:

For breweries, I don't know of a ton in FTW, but know a lot in the Dallas (Odd Muse, Tupps, Deep Ellum, Celestial, Community, Manhattan...to name a few) area. Paging @White Discussion....he knows all of the best beer spots in DFW.

We aren't going to Night 1, but have GA for night 2. And this thread reminded me to book a room! So, thanks for that!
    Good Records is owned by a friend of mine but their current location is not my favorite. And it couldn't be much further from FTW. It's probably close to an hour away.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    ZoSoTim said:
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:

Good Records is owned by a friend of mine but their current location is not my favorite. And it couldn't be much further from FTW. It's probably close to an hour away.
    Agreed, but some people may be venturing into Dallas during their time there. I just thought it was worth a mention. And I agree on the new location...I liked it better on Greenville.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Sooooo close… Seattle Sounders play FC Dallas on Sept 16th…. Got excited when first thought it was the day between shows, unfortunately it’s the day after show 2 …. Sooo close.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

mfc2006 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:

Agreed, but some people may be venturing into Dallas during their time there. I just thought it was worth a mention. And I agree on the new location...I liked it better on Greenville.
    No slam on Ft Worth, just facts… Dallas has a ton more of everything, record shops, clubs, restaurants, entertainment..etc.. unless you’re interested in historic cattle stockyards I’d suggest heading to Dallas between shows.. 

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    PJHOOKEM said:
    LukinFan said:
    LukinFan said:

Awesome! I’ll add them to the list. I appreciate it. Any BBQ or Tex-Mex joints you’d recommend in the area? Breweries?

As far as BBQ you’ll be in one hell of an area. Some of Texas top 50 in the area. Heims (go to original location. Much better than new location) Hurtados and Panther City. Of those 3 Panther City is my go to.

Goldees is about 15 minutes out of town and is the #1 ranked BBQ place in Texas. Expect lines. 

Rahr and Sons brewery and Martin House are in Fort Worth. Martin House is known for making some pretty unique beers. Love that place. Plenty of other little breweries there as well. 

Awesome! Thank you!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • cwjacwja Posts: 135
    Rahr & Sons does a tasting every Wednesday starting at 5. $15 gets you 3 pints and there are usually food trucks there. Not a bad spot to pregame even if it isn’t particularly close to Dickie’s.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,805
    Excited for N2, taking my youngest son to his first PJ concert
    252XXX FLR3
    Have fun! That’s awesome! Took my son to his first PJ shows last fall in Nashville and St. Louis. He loved it!
    myoung321 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:

No slam on Ft Worth, just facts… Dallas has a ton more of everything, record shops, clubs, restaurants, entertainment..etc.. unless you’re interested in historic cattle stockyards I’d suggest heading to Dallas between shows.. 
    That's not all that accurate but whatevs.
    252XXX FLR3
    How old? Just curious because my wife and I had a recent discussion on when to start taking our kids to shows.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

My son’s first indoor show was when he was 10, almost 11. He’s a big Jack White fan so I took him to see him. He loved it. Brought ear plugs for him. He fatigued a bit since he was on the rail in GA, but he did great!  After that, I did seated for him. Made things a bit easier. He’s good for GA now, being 14 and a year of marching band behind him. He’s got no issues standing.

Just took my 10 year old daughter to a show in GA and she rocked it. No complaints! Although she heard a few choice words from the headliner (was taking her for the opener). But she’s mature enough to know to not repeat them!
    My son’s first indoor show was when he was 10, almost 11. He’s a big Jack White fan so I took him to see him. He loved it. Brought ear plugs for him. He fatigued a bit since he was on the rail in GA, but he did great!  After that, I did seated for him. Made things a bit easier. He’s good for GA now, being 14 and a year of marching band behind him. He’s got no issues standing.

Just took my 10 year old daughter to a show in GA and she rocked it. No complaints! Although she heard a few choice words from the headliner (was taking her for the opener). But she’s mature enough to know to not repeat them!
    Very cool! I was thinking around 8-10 years old
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Cool, yeah I say do it! Fun memories for sure! So glad I bought the 2020 PJ tickets for him which we did last fall of course as a big road trip. He loved it.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964
    LukinFan said:

Very cool! I was thinking around 8-10 years old
    very cool, Im a lot older than your son but also a huge Jack White fan. Had the rail earlier this year in Los Angeles. Wife needed ear plugs too, JW doesn't eff around at live shows!

my wife and the our friends are all about going to the stockyards. Going Saturday after night 2

• GlorifiedGEEGlorifiedGEE Posts: 169
    LukinFan said:
    252XXX FLR3
    How old? Just curious because my wife and I had a recent discussion on when to start taking our kids to shows.
    He just turned 12.  We have Reserved seats.. hes tough, but not that tough.
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • StephanieL19StephanieL19 Posts: 212
    GA N2. :)

Hopeing to get tix for N1 as well. Checked ticketmaster today and just premium for $900 up there at the moment. Fingers crossed for F2F  =)

Decided to cash in Marriott Bonvoy points and booked the Hotel Drover. 
    ----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
  • DH29712DH29712 Posts: 6
    edited May 2023
    DH29712 said:
    N1 FLR3, Row 2 (with the wife)
    N2 FLR2; Row 10 (just me)
    10C 168XXX

The shake up is making me nervous.

Just got TM tix confirmation for both FW nights at 3:04CST and 3:07CST…

N1 stayed the same but my seat numbers moved down a couple
    N2 I moved to FLR 1, Row 6
    Post edited by DH29712 on
    Ft Worth N2 #264XXX

Was section 3 floor all the way at the back.

Now, sec 107, r21, seat 15-16.

Not as good as my Nashville seats, but with higher demand, I’m happy with the reseating! 

My wife is short, so off the floor with some height and halfway across the floor closer to the stage feels much better!
  • StephanieL19StephanieL19 Posts: 212
    Hi :)

Our N2 in FT. Worth stayed the same, GA FLOOR

We did not score for N1, so praying we can get on the F2F for N2 in TX!

-Stephanie
    ----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
    ZoSoTim said:
    myoung321 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:

It’s been accurate my entire life… I was born in the area and lived there for many years. I have many relatives that live all around DFW and visit frequently. As I said, no slam… Fort Worth has always been Dallas’ little sister, so to speak. 

I mean it is called the Dallas / Forth Worth area, not the Fort Worth/ Dallas area for a reason….😂😂

• PJHOOKEMPJHOOKEM Posts: 43
    edited May 2023
    myoung321 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    myoung321 said:

It’s been accurate my entire life… I was born in the area and lived there for many years. I have many relatives that live all around DFW and visit frequently. As I said, no slam… Fort Worth has always been Dallas’ little sister, so to speak. 

I mean it is called the Dallas / Forth Worth area, not the Fort Worth/ Dallas area for a reason….😂😂
    There was a time I would agree with you but Fort Worth has enough pretty cool things that there is no reason to venture to Dallas if you don't have to... born here, raised here, still live here. If you're coming into town and can't make it to Dallas you're not missing anything. 

Post edited by PJHOOKEM on
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    Looking for a single for the second Fort Worth show.  Trying to make it to the second Fort Worth show
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• EL91640EL91640 Posts: 111
    Coming in from Denver for night 2 - Section 208 
    "For when the music hits I feel no pain at all"