Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,664
    Remember the good old F5 days?  Log in at a certain time, refresh until you get the tickets you wanted. 

Then you had the anticipation of seeing what seats you were going to get when you picked up your printed tickets, that probably only cost $60.  For some reason, even though that was nearly 2 decades ago, the 10C seats were better then too, despite logic dictating that one's seats should improve over time.
  • Triberjay25Triberjay25 Posts: 116
    Someone please.- 

https://youtu.be/KtQl2hLfHE0
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 554
    This seemed to be going fairly normal until we hit Austin
    They're keeping Austin weird
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,329
    confirmed for Austin!  Reserved seating both nights
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    now im getting pissed.  I got neither of my austin nights and folks are getting multiple sets?  GUTTEDDDDDDDD
    yes I finally got Austin . Crappy uppers... while people getting much better seats they didnt request 

• presententspresentents Posts: 139
    I think how it works is each tour has a certain amount of dates, this tour...9. Priority 1= 9 entries Priority 2= 8 entries and so on. So that is how someone with 8 shows gets all and some with just 1 or a few get none. I just scored Austin N2 on my 3rd priority so one of my 7 entries got picked and none of my previous 17 entries did. 
  • Got 2 pairs for both Austin shows.  Both reserved floor.  Rows 11 and 12.  If anyone would be interested in swapping Pit for these let me know.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,379
    JimmyV said:
    2nd Priority, Chicago N2 GA/Res, Res

Just got an email. Section 216, Row 6
    This is an interesting development.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    My guess is people with high member numbers will still hear somehting
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:
    All, it's not totally confusing as to why someone who listed  any show as 2nd priority would get a ticket and someone with 1st priority wouldn't. My understanding is they group those in 1st priority, run the randomizer/lottery and issue tickets to those who get picked. Once that's done they do that again for 2nd, 3rd, 4th priority etc until all the allotment is gone. 

I could be wrong. Someone let me know if they know otherwise. 
    No.  First priority are drawn first.  If tickets remain, they move on to second priority entries.  A first priority person should never lose and a second priority person win. 
    That's not how it's worked for the last few tours I don't believe. Been multiple past examples of 2nd, 3rd priority ppl getting tickets and 1st priority ppl getting nothing. it's caused a lot of butthurt for some folks. My first priority was Chicago N1. Haven't received an email yet. Yet some people at 2nd priority have reported getting reserved tickets. 
    That is the reason we put priority down. It makes no sense to have priority for pics if it was random as you said. In no way should someone that picked a show as a 2nd get it over someone that put it as a first. That is a broken system
    All I'm saying is there was a person here who said they got St Paul tickets for both nights at 5th and 6th priority and then there are people who put those as 1st and/or 2nd priority and haven't heard back yet. I guess they could still get tickets if they're sending out the emails by 10c number. 
    People are thinking about "priority" wrong here. This has *nothing* to do with who has "priority" to get drawn, it is *only* and *strictly* your own personal prioritization of your preference of shows to attend. How to translate those personal rankings into something that looks fair across a matrix of multiple people ranking multiple instances is an entire field of study and there are a thousand ways to do it depending on what factors are considered more important. 

Then what is the point of them asking it? Not looking for a fight, just seems to needlessly complicate things if it doesn't have any impact on what order people get drawn.
    Lol right it is so simlple

5000 pairs to go out for 10C

Priority 1 is drawn

3000 people have it as a first pick. All win

Priority 2 is drawn

2500 people have it as a second pick. 2000 win. 500 lose. 

Everyone after priority 2 loses 

This is not hard. 

Yeah it did seem like a relatively simple system in the past lotteries. If someone got a certain show with priority 2 or 3, then anyone who had that show as priority 1 necessarily would’ve scored as well (since the lottery for each show only got to the priority 2 or 3 entries after the priority 1 entries were exhausted). I’m guessing they used a different algorithm this time around. But what it is, I have no idea
  • El BobEl Bob Posts: 16
    jlm08726 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Has anyone used the Fan to Fan thing before? If you want to get rid of a ticket does just it just go up for the first random person to snag or can you specify a recipient?
    You place it up for sale and anyone can buy it. 
    As someone who put in for four shows and have been skunked, I’m very interested in the fan to fan… is there more info about it somewhere? I think I read that starting in May is when tickets can become listed. Thanks in advance!
    I found that started off very slow last time but the closer the show date came the more and more seats appeared.  You just have to keep an eye on it.
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    tylerj said:
    JimmyV said:
    2nd Priority, Chicago N2 GA/Res, Res

Just got an email. Section 216, Row 6
    There may still be hope for Chicago folks! 
    This. There's probably hope for all venues. Stay faithful, as this ain't done. Thank you 10c!
  • quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    Curious how there can be so many resale listings on seatgeek already…is there anyone who can explain that to me?

rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:
    All, it's not totally confusing as to why someone who listed  any show as 2nd priority would get a ticket and someone with 1st priority wouldn't. My understanding is they group those in 1st priority, run the randomizer/lottery and issue tickets to those who get picked. Once that's done they do that again for 2nd, 3rd, 4th priority etc until all the allotment is gone. 

No.  First priority are drawn first.  If tickets remain, they move on to second priority entries.  A first priority person should never lose and a second priority person win. 
    That's not how it's worked for the last few tours I don't believe. Been multiple past examples of 2nd, 3rd priority ppl getting tickets and 1st priority ppl getting nothing. it's caused a lot of butthurt for some folks. My first priority was Chicago N1. Haven't received an email yet. Yet some people at 2nd priority have reported getting reserved tickets. 
    That is the reason we put priority down. It makes no sense to have priority for pics if it was random as you said. In no way should someone that picked a show as a 2nd get it over someone that put it as a first. That is a broken system
    All I'm saying is there was a person here who said they got St Paul tickets for both nights at 5th and 6th priority and then there are people who put those as 1st and/or 2nd priority and haven't heard back yet. I guess they could still get tickets if they're sending out the emails by 10c number. 
    People are thinking about "priority" wrong here. This has *nothing* to do with who has "priority" to get drawn, it is *only* and *strictly* your own personal prioritization of your preference of shows to attend. How to translate those personal rankings into something that looks fair across a matrix of multiple people ranking multiple instances is an entire field of study and there are a thousand ways to do it depending on what factors are considered more important. 

Then what is the point of them asking it? Not looking for a fight, just seems to needlessly complicate things if it doesn't have any impact on what order people get drawn.

Priority 1 is drawn

Priority 2 is drawn

This is not hard. 

With respect, you're very wrong because you're oversimplifying the problem space. Your example doesn't have 9 events with people ranking subsets of them. A forum post isn't the place to get into it, but for some enlightening lay-audience-oriented discussion take a look for example here: https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/372916/ranked-preference-matching-algorithm or google "ranked matching", "preference matching", "stable matching", "bipartite graphs", etc.
    I am not wrong at all. This is how it was done and should be done. It is the only way that makes sense and only way that works. 

They do a city

They fill GA first the same order as I said up top. GA is now filled. 

They then go to reserved for that same city. 

They fill it the same way I listed above until all reserved seats are taken. 

Move on to the next city. 

The only other option they can do is fill all 9 cities GA's first. Then individually go to each city and do reserved after. It ends up with the same results. 
  • jlm08726jlm08726 Posts: 5
    El Bob said:
    jlm08726 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Has anyone used the Fan to Fan thing before? If you want to get rid of a ticket does just it just go up for the first random person to snag or can you specify a recipient?
    You place it up for sale and anyone can buy it. 
    As someone who put in for four shows and have been skunked, I’m very interested in the fan to fan… is there more info about it somewhere? I think I read that starting in May is when tickets can become listed. Thanks in advance!
    I found that started off very slow last time but the closer the show date came the more and more seats appeared.  You just have to keep an eye on it.
    Ok thanks a ton 
  • thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 410
    edited April 2023
    KV4053 said:
    7xxxxx member here, just got an email for Austin 2. (Not a great seat, sec 215 in the back left of the arena, but at least in the building). Would be nice if Austin 1 comes through as well, but knowing I get the last night of the tour either way is nice.
    1996; 9/28 New York
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    Curious how there can be so many resale listings on seatgeek already…is there anyone who can explain that to me?

Speculative selling. I don't fully understand it.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    KV4053 said:
    This could be the case, but there is no correlation.  Member numbers ranging from very low to very high have been getting ticket confirmations.  That is on top of the fact that the confirmations range from Priority #1 to Priority #6.  There is zero rhyme or reason at this stage.

• logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    So, I got a 2nd pair of tix for Austin1. Is this happening to others? Just this show?
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    logan5ive said:
    So, I got a 2nd pair of tix for Austin1. Is this happening to others? Just this show?
    A bunch of us.  So far all for Austin 1.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • logan5ive said:
    This is so funny.  Seems like Austin is the only one this is happending to

2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    logan5ive said:
    Yeah 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287

Anyone can log into SeatGeek, or Stubhub, or any other ticket site and claim they have tickets and create a listing...speculators looking for suckers to pay them a fortune now, they'll take that cash and buy cheaper tickets later for their buyers
  • RG292419RG292419 Posts: 79
    20 minutes ago I hit N2 Chicago, my #1 priority. 200-Level side (High 10c#, 599xxx iirc).

I also put in for N1 Chicago, haven't heard yet.

Requested GA/Reserved and Reserved for both.

95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • RB16012RB16012 Posts: 73
    Anyone get two separate confirmations for the same night with different seat locations? The second email has worse seats. Ugh.
    mfc2006 said:
    DE4173 said:
    GA for Ft Worth 9/15 (night 2); GA Pit or Reserved & Reserved; first priority

Section 126, row 9 for 9/13 (night 1); GA Pit or Reserved & Reserved; second priority

Sample seating chart:

That is a BIG GA section!! Pumped!
    This isn’t the layout for the ft worth shows.  I got floor section 2 which isn’t on here.  Someone else posted an accurate one, normal
    pit size
    Sorry. That was me posting a sample seating chart because I didn't see a Pearl Jam one. Sorry for the misinformation. ✌️
    1996; 9/28 New York
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,113
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:

Priority 1 is drawn

Priority 2 is drawn

This is not hard. 

With respect, you're very wrong because you're oversimplifying the problem space. Your example doesn't have 9 events with people ranking subsets of them. A forum post isn't the place to get into it, but for some enlightening lay-audience-oriented discussion take a look for example here: https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/372916/ranked-preference-matching-algorithm or google "ranked matching", "preference matching", "stable matching", "bipartite graphs", etc.
    Folks all I'm saying is sometimes they'll hide the lyrics to a new song in plain sight