• tylerjtylerj Posts: 298
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:
    All, it's not totally confusing as to why someone who listed  any show as 2nd priority would get a ticket and someone with 1st priority wouldn't. My understanding is they group those in 1st priority, run the randomizer/lottery and issue tickets to those who get picked. Once that's done they do that again for 2nd, 3rd, 4th priority etc until all the allotment is gone. 

I could be wrong. Someone let me know if they know otherwise. 
    No.  First priority are drawn first.  If tickets remain, they move on to second priority entries.  A first priority person should never lose and a second priority person win. 
    That's not how it's worked for the last few tours I don't believe. Been multiple past examples of 2nd, 3rd priority ppl getting tickets and 1st priority ppl getting nothing. it's caused a lot of butthurt for some folks. My first priority was Chicago N1. Haven't received an email yet. Yet some people at 2nd priority have reported getting reserved tickets. 
    That is the reason we put priority down. It makes no sense to have priority for pics if it was random as you said. In no way should someone that picked a show as a 2nd get it over someone that put it as a first. That is a broken system
    All I'm saying is there was a person here who said they got St Paul tickets for both nights at 5th and 6th priority and then there are people who put those as 1st and/or 2nd priority and haven't heard back yet. I guess they could still get tickets if they're sending out the emails by 10c number. 
    People are thinking about "priority" wrong here. This has *nothing* to do with who has "priority" to get drawn, it is *only* and *strictly* your own personal prioritization of your preference of shows to attend. How to translate those personal rankings into something that looks fair across a matrix of multiple people ranking multiple instances is an entire field of study and there are a thousand ways to do it depending on what factors are considered more important. 

Then what is the point of them asking it? Not looking for a fight, just seems to needlessly complicate things if it doesn't have any impact on what order people get drawn.
    Lol right it is so simlple

5000 pairs to go out for 10C

Priority 1 is drawn

3000 people have it as a first pick. All win

Priority 2 is drawn

2500 people have it as a second pick. 2000 win. 500 lose. 

Everyone after priority 2 loses 

This is not hard. 

With respect, you're very wrong because you're oversimplifying the problem space. Your example doesn't have 9 events with people ranking subsets of them. A forum post isn't the place to get into it, but for some enlightening lay-audience-oriented discussion take a look for example here: https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/372916/ranked-preference-matching-algorithm or google "ranked matching", "preference matching", "stable matching", "bipartite graphs", etc.
    What their (and other people are not getting) is that one has to be picked in the lottery first before priorities mean anything. Not picked in the lottery, and it doesn't matter what your priority is. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    relax people. let the process play out before you give up hope. they are an awful lot of emails that have to go out.  it's not over until it's over
  • Just got reserved for Austin N2. That's three out of seven requests (priority, 3, 5, 6)
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    jdopj said:
    Got Chicago 2
    but my seats are 215 and my number is 93xxx
    ??
    I got 22nd row on the floor, behind the pit. Truthfully, you will probably have a better vantage.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:
    All, it's not totally confusing as to why someone who listed  any show as 2nd priority would get a ticket and someone with 1st priority wouldn't. My understanding is they group those in 1st priority, run the randomizer/lottery and issue tickets to those who get picked. Once that's done they do that again for 2nd, 3rd, 4th priority etc until all the allotment is gone. 

No.  First priority are drawn first.  If tickets remain, they move on to second priority entries.  A first priority person should never lose and a second priority person win. 
    That's not how it's worked for the last few tours I don't believe. Been multiple past examples of 2nd, 3rd priority ppl getting tickets and 1st priority ppl getting nothing. it's caused a lot of butthurt for some folks. My first priority was Chicago N1. Haven't received an email yet. Yet some people at 2nd priority have reported getting reserved tickets. 
    That is the reason we put priority down. It makes no sense to have priority for pics if it was random as you said. In no way should someone that picked a show as a 2nd get it over someone that put it as a first. That is a broken system
    All I'm saying is there was a person here who said they got St Paul tickets for both nights at 5th and 6th priority and then there are people who put those as 1st and/or 2nd priority and haven't heard back yet. I guess they could still get tickets if they're sending out the emails by 10c number. 
    People are thinking about "priority" wrong here. This has *nothing* to do with who has "priority" to get drawn, it is *only* and *strictly* your own personal prioritization of your preference of shows to attend. How to translate those personal rankings into something that looks fair across a matrix of multiple people ranking multiple instances is an entire field of study and there are a thousand ways to do it depending on what factors are considered more important. 

Then what is the point of them asking it? Not looking for a fight, just seems to needlessly complicate things if it doesn't have any impact on what order people get drawn.

Priority 1 is drawn

Priority 2 is drawn

This is not hard. 

This is what I've always thought.  Not sure how the hell the lottery and priority rankings work.  And now people are getting multiple pairs for same show in Austin??  What a mess.
  • gjackxgjackx Posts: 42
    dmbolp said:
    So Austin N1 you either got: GA, 2 Pairs, Nothing?
    Nailed it!
  • mfc2006 said:
    DE4173 said:
    GA for Ft Worth 9/15 (night 2); GA Pit or Reserved & Reserved; first priority

Section 126, row 9 for 9/13 (night 1); GA Pit or Reserved & Reserved; second priority

Sample seating chart:

That is a BIG GA section!! Pumped!
    This isn’t the layout for the ft worth shows.  I got floor section 2 which isn’t on here.  Someone else posted an accurate one, normal
    pit size

• Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 117
    I miss the days of standing in line at the box office to get tickets that always went on sale at 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning. 

Show up on Friday night and start partying lol. Sometimes the camping out part turned out to better than the concert lol.

Kind of feel sorry for those who weren't around for the days before the explosion of cell phones and windows '98.
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 Atlantic City 09.30, Atlantic City 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14
    '24 Philly 09.07  Philly 09.09  Baltimore 09.12
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:

Priority 1 is drawn

Priority 2 is drawn

This is not hard. 

With respect, you're very wrong because you're oversimplifying the problem space. Your example doesn't have 9 events with people ranking subsets of them. A forum post isn't the place to get into it, but for some enlightening lay-audience-oriented discussion take a look for example here: https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/372916/ranked-preference-matching-algorithm or google "ranked matching", "preference matching", "stable matching", "bipartite graphs", etc.
    What their (and other people are not getting) is that one has to be picked in the lottery first before priorities mean anything. Not picked in the lottery, and it doesn't matter what your priority is. 
    If that is how it works that is a new way of running the lottery imposed by TM
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 13
    TK226422 said:
    Scored both Chicago shows section 200's. Taking my step-son to his first PJ show and taking my brother Thursday night.
    Thank You Ten Club and PJ!!!! See you all in September! 
    I took my son to his first PJ concert last Sept in OKC.  He wanted to go up to the front about 1/2 way thru the show.  He came back at the end with a tamborine from Ed, a handful of picks from Mike and Jeff's wristband.  Honestly, I was a little disappointed with Matt for not completing his collection, but kids today are a little spoiled.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,721
    I do not think anyone can explain what is happening today. There too many anomalies and differences from what we are used to (other than these sales being a shitshow on several occasions). Sending out extra pairs, priority 6 getting tix, low numbers at the back of the floor is definitely unusual.
  • Just got reserved for Austin N2. That's three out of seven requests (priority, 3, 5, 6)
    what time did that email come through?
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • turbomavturbomav Posts: 11
    So I got my 6, 7 and 9th priority choices so far. Just happy to get tickets!
  • jlm08726jlm08726 Posts: 5
    ComeToTX said:
    Has anyone used the Fan to Fan thing before? If you want to get rid of a ticket does just it just go up for the first random person to snag or can you specify a recipient?
    You place it up for sale and anyone can buy it. 
    As someone who put in for four shows and have been skunked, I’m very interested in the fan to fan… is there more info about it somewhere? I think I read that starting in May is when tickets can become listed. Thanks in advance!
  • gruene9gruene9 Posts: 6
    Just got N2 Austin reserved, section section 206!!!

03-San Antonio

09-Austin

13-Dallas

18-Seattle x 2

• fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    Wait a minute—people are getting tickets they didn’t even put in for? And many of us are sitting here with none? Who do we tag to get this looked into? 
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • marra2312marra2312 Posts: 53
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:

Priority 1 is drawn

Priority 2 is drawn

This is not hard. 

Except there's people here saying that they missed tickets for STP with it as priority 1.

And there's people with priority 3 and lower winning for STP (myself included). 

So it can't be quite as simple as you are suggesting (either that or we have a bunch of unreliable narrators here).
    JBob87 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:

Priority 1 is drawn

Priority 2 is drawn

This is not hard. 

If that is how it works that is a new way of running the lottery imposed by TM
    It is new and I believe it's been that way now since TM took over the lottery, which was maybe a tour or 2 ago. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• baldog27baldog27 Posts: 177
    I got a good one (All Selections were GA/Res Option)
    1.  Chi 2 Lost
    2.  Chi 1 Lost
    3.  Noble Lost
    4.  St Paul 1 Lost
    5.  Austin 1 Lost
    6.  St Paul 2 Lost

7.  Austin 2 WON

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    2nd Priority, Chicago N2 GA/Res, Res

Just got an email. Section 216, Row 6

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    seems like something is wrong with Austin night 1 ticket distribution

My friend just told me his buddy got 2 sets of tickets for Austin night 1, so yes, something is wrong......I put in for Fort Worth night 2 and Austin 1 and 2, I got Fort Worth and Austin night 2, but no word on Austin night 1 yet.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
    MK88178 said:
    Has anyone who only selected ga/res received reserved section?
    I selected ga/res for FW1 (2nd priority) and got seats
  • fixer123 said:
    Wait a minute—people are getting tickets they didn’t even put in for? And many of us are sitting here with none? Who do we tag to get this looked into? 
    Yes. This seems to be the case.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • NSLNSL Posts: 293
    NSL said:
    1. Indy Reserved - nothing
    2. ft worth n2 - Sec 113, Row 14
    3. ft worth n1 - Sec 121, Row 15

come on gimme something!

So weird, I got n1 about 30 minutes before n2 even though n2 was my 2nd priority.

yay!

2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    2024-08-26 - Noblesville, IN
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • SS5827SS5827 Posts: 10
    Me and the person I’m going with got Chicago 1 and I’m looking to trade a pair for Chicago 2 if anyone is interested.
  • browngwbrowngw Posts: 113
    Priority 1 Fort Worth Night 1

Priority 2 Fort Worth Night 2

Scored night one at 3:27 Section 122 Row 1

Scored night two at 3:41 Section 120 Row 11

Member number 719***

JimmyV said:

There may still be hope for Chicago folks! 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:

Priority 1 is drawn

Priority 2 is drawn

This is not hard. 

Agreed.  The lingering question (at least for Chicago) is whether or not people who chose GA or RES only (ie not RES) were in the pile of entries that were drawn after GA was chosen.  I have been following along all day and I don't recall seeing a single post where someone who chose GA or RES only was successful in getting a RES ticket. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    tylerj said:
    JimmyV said:

There may still be hope for Chicago folks! 

Email came in at 5:30pm eastern

"...I changed by not changing at all..."