Options

Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    I don’t have skin in the game because I got GA, but it really upsets me how this was handled.
    Especially those who paid for tickets, and for one reason or another, the sale was declined with the double charge and now have none.
    TM ticket policy clearly states all sales are final. How they can not honor their own contract is beyond me and leave people without tickets they paid for.
    And there was definitely something shady with the reassigning. Very few people got an upgrade, while it appears almost everyone was downgraded into nosebleeds, despite having 20+ years in. I wouldn’t be upset for anyone if the seniority was clearly followed. But, again, how can you sell thousands of tickets and take them back?
    There shouldn’t be a public sale until all who paid for a ticket still has one.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    We still have to go through the claiming tickets stage. I won't be at all surprised if that too becomes an issue and some of these seats change again. What a mess. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    All of those people with the lower numbers that are so disappointed... Did you get to see some great shows in the past? Better than any of us chopped livers with the "bad" numbers? Oh, the times of "front row tickets!" - I barely scraped by them. You pay how much for that membership? Is it like 30 bucks right now? A year? I understand wanting better tickets, we all want to have the best we can, but some of y'all really come across as a bit entitled. The band probably enjoys seeing newer faces and enthusiasm up front every so often too. Times change. I had the most wonderful experiences with this band, and before the last Baltimore show (the only one I could afford last time around and that was first postponed and then cancelled because of venue issues) I had won some and lost some. And I was always happy to get 10c tix so I did not have to deal with the general sale. Things have gotten so much better than during the PJ20 sale (where I got lucky!). Why not be happy for newer members too? Do you want it all just for yourselves? Because you pay a measly membership fee? I hope everyone who got tickets will enjoy the shows, I know I will, being in the fucking building and meeting with good friends, old and new. (I do feel with the ones that are now seemingly shut out because of CC balance limits.)
    How long did it take you to write that garbage? I’m not going to waste my time responding to 90% of it, but I will point out the obvious fact that we didn’t make the TC rules…the band did. And the rules they set are that reserved seating is based on seniority. Meaning…and I’ll type this slowly for you…the longer that you’re in TC, the better seats you receive, if you are fortunate enough to be selected in the lottery. Again, THEIR rules. I’ll let other people respond to the rest of your nonsensical post. Cheers! 
    +1 like you said it’s not worth responding too the garbage! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    danofun said:
    Ince.es said:
    I did this for the Chicago shows... I will update it here:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297793/chicago-shows-which-was-your-priority/

Very cool! May I suggest adding priority selection to the chart? Could possibly provide some additional insight..
    Priority should not affect to your seat, only seniority if I am not wrong.
    It should not but something funny happened giving these seats out. Whether you picked RES/GA only option RES only or both should be mentioned too.
    👆
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    As I type this it has been more than 30 hours since this page was updated. It remains the only public comment from 10c on this issue. 

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour-presale-timeline

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JG242853JG242853 Posts: 97
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t have skin in the game because I got GA, but it really upsets me how this was handled.
    Especially those who paid for tickets, and for one reason or another, the sale was declined with the double charge and now have none.
    TM ticket policy clearly states all sales are final. How they can not honor their own contract is beyond me and leave people without tickets they paid for.
    And there was definitely something shady with the reassigning. Very few people got an upgrade, while it appears almost everyone was downgraded into nosebleeds, despite having 20+ years in. I wouldn’t be upset for anyone if the seniority was clearly followed. But, again, how can you sell thousands of tickets and take them back?
    There shouldn’t be a public sale until all who paid for a ticket still has one.

Yes to all the above - I actually was downgraded in the reassignment from 2 shows to one!! Wtf. Charged for all 3 lol 
    Randall's Island, NY 9/29/1996, Randall's Island, NY 6/8/1997 (Ed and Mike), Jones Beach, NY 8/23/2000, Los Angeles, CA  7/10/2006, Hartford, CT 6/27/2008, Los Angeles, CA 10/6/2009, San Diego, CA 11/21/2013, Los Angeles, CA 11/24/2013, MSG, NY 5/1/2016,
    Seattle, WA 8/10/2018, Los Angeles, CA 5/6/2022, 5/7/2022, Camden, NJ 9/14/2022, St Paul 8/31/2023, St Paul 9/2/2023
  • Options
    Does anyone have the tickets they won in their Ticketmaster or 10 Club account yet?  My credit card charge went through but I don’t see the tickets anywhere.  Thanks
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    Does anyone have the tickets they won in their Ticketmaster or 10 Club account yet?  My credit card charge went through but I don’t see the tickets anywhere.  Thanks
    Check your email
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    You will be emailed tickets to claim at a later date. 
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    PJNB said:
    Do we think that happens before tomorrow’s general sale or a much later date?
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    I’m not seeing any shows this tour but I feel awful for how this turned out for everyone.  

Two thoughts come to mind…

1.  It’s extremely important that seniority be honored for seating assignment.  Not only does it show loyalty to fans, but more importantly seniority is why people renew their memberships every year.  We pay dues every year - even when there are no tours. Sometimes it’s 3,4, or 5 years between tours in some areas.  If you fail to honor seniority for seat assignment then there’s zero incentive to keep your membership active in non touring years.  Instead we could just renew when the tour rumors begin and take random seat assignments. 

2. The fiasco created here by Ticketmaster is another example of why monopolies are so bad.  It’s not just that we are forced to pay whatever fees they feel like charging, but there is really no alternative for the next tour.  In any other business, the ten club would seek out another vendor to handle its business after the way Ticketmaster botched this sale.  But the reality is there are no alternatives.  They have no choice but to go back to Ticketmaster on the next tour. So there’s zero incentive for TM to spend the money to fix what went wrong and we will get more of the same awful service next time. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Do we think that happens before tomorrow’s general sale or a much later date?
    I think things are so fucked up right now with the TM/10C Lotto I am not sure anyone knows. It was a week later last time though. 
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    I have a pending Charge but no email yet anyone here have the same issue? pending charge would be for indy show but still no email
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    keelycan said:
    I have a pending Charge but no email yet anyone here have the same issue? pending charge would be for indy show but still no email
    Check your status. Does it say unfulfilled or something else?
  • Options
    Ince.es said:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297793/chicago-shows-which-was-your-priority/

Does anyone think we’ll ever get an explanation on how seats were actually assigned? In the past, once you were selected in the lottery your seats were determined by you fab club number. 

This is clearly not the case, at least for the show I’ve been paying attention to Chicago N2.  Clearly something was either messed up and they can’t/won’t fix it or they included different criteria in the seat selection portion. 

Would really like to understand the process…and definitely would like to know it spelled out prior to next lottery.
    Easy and most logical answer; there’s more money to made selling the lower level seats, that normally get assigned to 10 c members, on the secondary market sites that Ticketmaster is in business with. No coincidence that the only shows that allow resale are the shows that 10c members got the shaft 
  • Options
    Curious as to why we do not have rejection emails yet. I had Chi 2 first pick down and did not get tickets but still no you lost email. 
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    This may sound really stupid,  but since no denial emails yet, you think this morning they'll try add more members to shows or should I continue to drink my coffee and get my morning started 🤔 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    Curious as to why we do not have rejection emails yet. I had Chi 2 first pick down and did not get tickets but still no you lost email. 
    Imagine it’s due to the pending charges (folks with card issues).

if something goes wrong there, sadly for those folks, they likely will go to someone else.
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 372
    Ince.es said:

This is absolutely fucked up. You are telling me sections 121 and 113 have no 10 club allocation? Is this all going to be premium? If so, this is just terrible. SECOND these seating spots are absolutely jacked up.
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745

2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Ince.es said:

This is absolutely fucked up. You are telling me sections 121 and 113 have no 10 club allocation? Is this all going to be premium? If so, this is just terrible. SECOND these seating spots are absolutely jacked up.
    Someone really needs to approach PJ management about increasing the prices of the majority of their seats (higher quality) and ditching this PJ Premium concept.

The money they actually take home from this can easy made up by revising their pricing model AND still be very reasonable pricing (using a 2 tier system which they are at the point that they should do anyways).

10% is a lot of seats when you’re talking about a high demand show, ignoring even locations aspect of it.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    setlist41 said:
    This may sound really stupid,  but since no denial emails yet, you think this morning they'll try add more members to shows or should I continue to drink my coffee and get my morning started 🤔 
    I suspect tonight will be when any additional (reallocated) tickets would go out.

person posted that they had until 9pm EST to resolve their card issue per their email.
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    Ince.es said:

I bet there are a TON of VIP/Friends and family holds for the Chicago shows as well. Gotta fit the whole rosters of the Cubs, Bulls, Bears, Hawks and maybe even Sox down there somewhere. 
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706

• Options
    edited April 2023
    JBob87 said:
    Ince.es said:

I bet there are a TON of VIP/Friends and family holds for the Chicago shows as well. Gotta fit the whole rosters of the Cubs, Bulls, Bears, Hawks and maybe even Sox down there somewhere. 
    You raise an excellent point.

I’d bet the prime hold backs that get released later will be larger than normal.
  • Options
    Ince.es said:

Actually, seating doesn't look as backwards seeing it layer out. With the exception of the first few being in the 300s, it more or less follows seniority. 
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    when I try to pull up my requests to see if they are unfulfilled, it page now requesting a code.  Probably due to VF.  not sure, anyone can see their requests?
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,440
    All of those people with the lower numbers that are so disappointed... Did you get to see some great shows in the past? Better than any of us chopped livers with the "bad" numbers? Oh, the times of "front row tickets!" - I barely scraped by them. You pay how much for that membership? Is it like 30 bucks right now? A year? I understand wanting better tickets, we all want to have the best we can, but some of y'all really come across as a bit entitled. The band probably enjoys seeing newer faces and enthusiasm up front every so often too. Times change. I had the most wonderful experiences with this band, and before the last Baltimore show (the only one I could afford last time around and that was first postponed and then cancelled because of venue issues) I had won some and lost some. And I was always happy to get 10c tix so I did not have to deal with the general sale. Things have gotten so much better than during the PJ20 sale (where I got lucky!). Why not be happy for newer members too? Do you want it all just for yourselves? Because you pay a measly membership fee? I hope everyone who got tickets will enjoy the shows, I know I will, being in the fucking building and meeting with good friends, old and new. (I do feel with the ones that are now seemingly shut out because of CC balance limits.)
    Seems that those who are in the 300 sections with better seniority than - let’s say you - have every reason to be upset,  yet many congratulated those who recently received seats that belong to those who have been paying membership fees since the 90’s (were you even born yet?) .  I’m positive that this is not how the band intended for this lottery.  So try hard to be respectful of what the band intended.  Your post was definitely not necessary and totally disrespectful and antagonistic.  

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    static111 said:
    pjalli said:
    static111 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    ZS55810 said:

100% agree. The entitlement associated with so many of these posts is really gross. It seems like most people got into the band when they were 15 or 16 and still act like teenagers when things don’t go their way. 

It’s a concert - either you got tickets or you didn’t, and when you enter a lottery you don’t get to pick your seat. It’s part of the game and always has been. Getting a ticket to a show has never been a guaranteed part of the club membership, but so many people on here are acting like it’s their birthright to see this band every time they play. Wish you all could just chill. 
    Most of the people are aren’t complaining about not winning the lottery. It’s the people like 93xxx who has 300 level seats instead of 100 level when some guy who joined in 2015 has great seats who have a legitimate gripe. Your point is taken, but seniority isn’t being taken into account in some cases 
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but I think people have a legitimate gripe. One of the tenants of the 10C was that seating assignment is based upon membership. The lottery is one thing, either you get a ticket or you don't, and membership seniority has nothing to do with that selection. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, once you got selected for the lottery, your seats were ostensibly based upon your seniority in the fan club. It's one of the reasons we all continue to pay the membership fee.  For some reason, this tour, that is obviously not the case, and understandably some people are frustrated by that fact.  I don't think 10C intended that seat assignments to be completely random, but there's obviously been some sort of change or error that has not been adequately explained to 10C members. I think the fault lies directly at the feet of TM, but that's just me. 
    Yes they literally lay this out as a benefit of being a member and paying your dues.  How some people think that expecting to get what you pay for is crying is beyond me.  I think they have a serious hero worship complex.
    Exactly this. I mean words should have meaning right? We pay our increasing annual membership dues in exchange for a dwindling amount of benefits, one of the few remaining is supposedly seniority-based seating. The tour post by the band detailed how this was supposed to work for this tour (with seniority factored in), we made our purchase decisions, and then they didn't follow through on what we were told would be the process. But I'm not allowed to care?
    The sole benefit is having the chance to get tix at face value. Thats it. Thats what you pay for. The singles and t shirts are gone. If you expect more, need to adjust. Its changed and with that your expectations need to change too. 
    Where does it state that the benefit of having a membership is a chance at tickets for face value?
    Ten Club Membership Benefits:
    • Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    Clearly states seniority based seating rewards and improving the ticketing program.  I don't see over paying for 300 level tickets anywhere in the benefits.
    On a base level. When you break it all down, that is the end all benefit. A chance for tix. 

Alternative: no tix and resale. 
    Seniority-based seating. It’s right there, and it didn’t happen.
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 372
    edited April 2023
    mace1229 said:
    Ince.es said:

Actually, seating doesn't look as backwards seeing it layer out. With the exception of the first few being in the 300s, it more or less follows seniority. 

Go through there and see how many are misplaced. Lets say its 10-12, example the 203xxx, thats right around my number in the 300s section. Guy right BELOW him is 110. All im saying, if thats you and your number, how would you feel being the "well its not that bad they only misplaced a few." This is just a small sample size for now as well, so I'll also say I'd like to see it when its more full but clearly off to a bad start.