Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    All of those people with the lower numbers that are so disappointed... Did you get to see some great shows in the past? Better than any of us chopped livers with the "bad" numbers? Oh, the times of "front row tickets!" - I barely scraped by them. You pay how much for that membership? Is it like 30 bucks right now? A year? I understand wanting better tickets, we all want to have the best we can, but some of y'all really come across as a bit entitled. The band probably enjoys seeing newer faces and enthusiasm up front every so often too. Times change. I had the most wonderful experiences with this band, and before the last Baltimore show (the only one I could afford last time around and that was first postponed and then cancelled because of venue issues) I had won some and lost some. And I was always happy to get 10c tix so I did not have to deal with the general sale. Things have gotten so much better than during the PJ20 sale (where I got lucky!). Why not be happy for newer members too? Do you want it all just for yourselves? Because you pay a measly membership fee? I hope everyone who got tickets will enjoy the shows, I know I will, being in the fucking building and meeting with good friends, old and new. (I do feel with the ones that are now seemingly shut out because of CC balance limits.)
    Seems that those who are in the 300 sections with better seniority than - let’s say you - have every reason to be upset,  yet many congratulated those who recently received seats that belong to those who have been paying membership fees since the 90’s (were you even born yet?) .  I’m positive that this is not how the band intended for this lottery.  So try hard to be respectful of what the band intended.  Your post was definitely not necessary and totally disrespectful and antagonistic.  

Condescending too. People can f off with their own interpretations of what the membership benefits mean when it comes to the lottery & seniority based seating. 

The membership benefits are laid out clear as day, and the band didn't honor them.  

People have a right to be upset when they don't get what they pay for. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    edited April 2023
    myoung321 said:
    CB6978 said:
    logan5ive said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjtroy34 said:
    Innocent question…what is so bad about center floor seats behind the pit?  Wish I could find a few earlier posts to quote, but they are here.  
    No elevation and there a ton of people in front of you. Otherwise they are fine. If you are tall it's a good spot. 
    I’d rather be anywhere in 100/200 levels than on the floor behind the pit. Very hard to see, uncomfortable, etc. Just my opinion 
    this
    Hard disagree. If you’re not in GA and have an assigned seat these are the absolute best seats in any house. 
    Lemme guess...You're not short. I'm 5'9". My wife is 5'2". I'd rather have just about any seat in the house other than the back of the floor. Can't see shit back there. 
    We've sat on the 2nd row of the floor twice and hated it... I'm 6"0 and my wife hated it even more, she's 5'4"... 
    I am 5' 11" and can usually see ok most of the time until everybody holds up the cell phones and then unless you are 6'6" and above you are screwed. My wife is 5'4" also, she is SOL when it comes to the floor.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • loladog1loladog1 Posts: 95
    mikeliska said:
    https://tenclub-us.shop.ticketstoday.com/EventList.aspx

Is that asking for an access code for everyone else now?
    Yep
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23 - LV 5/16/22 - LA 5/22/24
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,289
    JimmyV said:
    Can't believe we went through sandwiches and Greta Van Fleet and I never thought to make it about dogs. For Shame!

Truth. Dogs FTW. Every. Single. Time.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    mace1229 said:
    Ince.es said:
    I did this for the Chicago shows... I will update it here:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297793/chicago-shows-which-was-your-priority/

This is absolutely fucked up. You are telling me sections 121 and 113 have no 10 club allocation? Is this all going to be premium? If so, this is just terrible. SECOND these seating spots are absolutely jacked up.
    Actually, seating doesn't look as backwards seeing it layer out. With the exception of the first few being in the 300s, it more or less follows seniority. 

Go through there and see how many are misplaced. Let’s say it’s 10-12, example the 203xxx, thats right around my number in the 300s section. Guy right BELOW him is 110. All im saying, if thats you and your number, how would you feel being the "well its not that bad they only misplaced a few." This is just a small sample size for now as well, so I'll also say I'd like to see it when it’s more full but clearly off to a bad start.
    But where are sections 112,113,121,122?
    those were always my seats?
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    Well it looks like I wasn't chosen for Indy lawn. It was my priority 3. The way they worded it saying they had the majority of tickets for the lawn,  it seemed like a given that they would be available for anyone who put in for them.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    All of those people with the lower numbers that are so disappointed... Did you get to see some great shows in the past? Better than any of us chopped livers with the "bad" numbers? Oh, the times of "front row tickets!" - I barely scraped by them. You pay how much for that membership? Is it like 30 bucks right now? A year? I understand wanting better tickets, we all want to have the best we can, but some of y'all really come across as a bit entitled. The band probably enjoys seeing newer faces and enthusiasm up front every so often too. Times change. I had the most wonderful experiences with this band, and before the last Baltimore show (the only one I could afford last time around and that was first postponed and then cancelled because of venue issues) I had won some and lost some. And I was always happy to get 10c tix so I did not have to deal with the general sale. Things have gotten so much better than during the PJ20 sale (where I got lucky!). Why not be happy for newer members too? Do you want it all just for yourselves? Because you pay a measly membership fee? I hope everyone who got tickets will enjoy the shows, I know I will, being in the fucking building and meeting with good friends, old and new. (I do feel with the ones that are now seemingly shut out because of CC balance limits.)
    Seems that those who are in the 300 sections with better seniority than - let’s say you - have every reason to be upset,  yet many congratulated those who recently received seats that belong to those who have been paying membership fees since the 90’s (were you even born yet?) .  I’m positive that this is not how the band intended for this lottery.  So try hard to be respectful of what the band intended.  Your post was definitely not necessary and totally disrespectful and antagonistic.  

Condescending too. People can f off with their own interpretations of what the membership benefits mean when it comes to the lottery & seniority based seating. 

The membership benefits are laid out clear as day, and the band didn't honor them.  

People have a right to be upset when they don't get what they pay for. 
    +1 it is as simple as that. 10C still has a chance to address this. If it goes unmentioned then we know where we stand. 
  • BH304897BH304897 Posts: 137

• superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 399
    jdopj said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ince.es said:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297793/chicago-shows-which-was-your-priority/

This is absolutely fucked up. You are telling me sections 121 and 113 have no 10 club allocation? Is this all going to be premium? If so, this is just terrible. SECOND these seating spots are absolutely jacked up.
    Actually, seating doesn't look as backwards seeing it layer out. With the exception of the first few being in the 300s, it more or less follows seniority. 

Go through there and see how many are misplaced. Let’s say it’s 10-12, example the 203xxx, thats right around my number in the 300s section. Guy right BELOW him is 110. All im saying, if thats you and your number, how would you feel being the "well its not that bad they only misplaced a few." This is just a small sample size for now as well, so I'll also say I'd like to see it when it’s more full but clearly off to a bad start.

Exactly my friend, mine too. Thats what I touched on in my first post about this. Im guessing premium?
  • logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    on2legs said:
    I’m not seeing any shows this tour but I feel awful for how this turned out for everyone.  

Two thoughts come to mind…

1.  It’s extremely important that seniority be honored for seating assignment.  Not only does it show loyalty to fans, but more importantly seniority is why people renew their memberships every year.  We pay dues every year - even when there are no tours. Sometimes it’s 3,4, or 5 years between tours in some areas.  If you fail to honor seniority for seat assignment then there’s zero incentive to keep your membership active in non touring years.  Instead we could just renew when the tour rumors begin and take random seat assignments. 

2. The fiasco created here by Ticketmaster is another example of why monopolies are so bad.  It’s not just that we are forced to pay whatever fees they feel like charging, but there is really no alternative for the next tour.  In any other business, the ten club would seek out another vendor to handle its business after the way Ticketmaster botched this sale.  But the reality is there are no alternatives.  They have no choice but to go back to Ticketmaster on the next tour. So there’s zero incentive for TM to spend the money to fix what went wrong and we will get more of the same awful service next time. 
    100%.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    Well it looks like I wasn't chosen for Indy lawn. It was my priority 3. The way they worded it saying they had the majority of tickets for the lawn,  it seemed like a given that they would be available for anyone who put in for them.
    I know 3 people that had Indy RES as a first pick and did not hit while others hit it on their second. The way they did this is completely broken and us the fans are at the mercy of what ever it is they fucked up.  
  • JseeteenakJseeteenak Posts: 122

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    jdopj said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ince.es said:

Exactly my friend, mine too. Thats what I touched on in my first post about this. Im guessing premium?
    This...........it sure seems like the sections that were previously 10C seats(some of the best in the house) are now Pearl Jam Premium.  
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    This entire shitshow has been a slap in the face to people who have been paying their dues for decades! I think all of you old-school members should band together and cancel your memberships in protest. ;)
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 569

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    PJNB said:
    I know 3 people that had Indy RES as a first pick and did not hit while others hit it on their second. The way they did this is completely broken and us the fans are at the mercy of what ever it is they fucked up.  
    You saw people win Indy res with 2nd priority? Damn, I know you and I both lost out on 1st priority. 
  • Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 184

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    Kevinman said:
    jdopj said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ince.es said:

This...........it sure seems like the sections that were previously 10C seats(some of the best in the house) are now Pearl Jam Premium.  
    That's how I interpret this. 

I had way better seats for Denver in '14 and the two Philly shows in '16 than I have for St Paul N1, and I don't know what else to chock that up to other than the premiums pushing us back. 

I'm in the lower bowl, so no complaints... I feel for the people in the 300s in Chicago. 
    Anybody with Chicago 1 as priority 1 still waiting? 

My fiancé had: Chicago 1, Indy then Chicago 2. Nothing but crickets. But she did sign up at the very last minute. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    jdopj said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ince.es said:

I got 112, I don't know, I understand the frustration.  seems like they really scrambled the numbers maybe for a wider variety of people.  Not sure when it's all done VF and public sale, seat assignments change when we "claim" our seats prior to shows.  I mean at this point anything can happen.  I hope it works out for everyone in some way.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    logan5ive said:
    on2legs said:
    I’m not seeing any shows this tour but I feel awful for how this turned out for everyone.  

1.  It’s extremely important that seniority be honored for seating assignment.  Not only does it show loyalty to fans, but more importantly seniority is why people renew their memberships every year.  We pay dues every year - even when there are no tours. Sometimes it’s 3,4, or 5 years between tours in some areas.  If you fail to honor seniority for seat assignment then there’s zero incentive to keep your membership active in non touring years.  Instead we could just renew when the tour rumors begin and take random seat assignments. 

2. The fiasco created here by Ticketmaster is another example of why monopolies are so bad.  It’s not just that we are forced to pay whatever fees they feel like charging, but there is really no alternative for the next tour.  In any other business, the ten club would seek out another vendor to handle its business after the way Ticketmaster botched this sale.  But the reality is there are no alternatives.  They have no choice but to go back to Ticketmaster on the next tour. So there’s zero incentive for TM to spend the money to fix what went wrong and we will get more of the same awful service next time. 
    100%.
    I’m going to respectfully disagree that there are no alternatives to handle the lottery process.

There are plenty of other vendors that could more efficiently handle this process.

much smaller bands, but have seen My Morning Jacket, Primus, and Wilco use Music Today with great success and later those other tickets were sold by Ticketmaster so that would be an option.

on a larger scale, Radiohead doesn’t do a lottery but sells tickets through their own store Waste, with great success too, especially in the days where you got a date for when it would go live but not a time (if willing to be dedicated and stay up, you likely got tickets).

I get the TM hate, but I think it’s likely clear that there was a communication gap between 10 Club and TM at least in the initial set up stages to tell them exactly how to run this process, step by step.

that’s on Ten Club. TM is very clear that they execute to whatever the artist tells them. If the artists doesn’t provide enough specifics, that’s when things get fucked up.

truly believe the origin of this mess likely belong to Ten Club for not being super clear up front, as most of us could have managed this better with a spreadsheet based on knowing how the process is supposed to be executed.
    amethgr8 said:
    when I try to pull up my requests to see if they are unfulfilled, it page now requesting a code.  Probably due to VF.  not sure, anyone can see their requests?
    I think it is that way for everybody now.
    Doug87 said:
    logan5ive said:
    on2legs said:

100%.
    I’m going to respectfully disagree that there are no alternatives to handle the lottery process.

There are plenty of other vendors that could more efficiently handle this process.

much smaller bands, but have seen My Morning Jacket, Primus, and Wilco use Music Today with great success and later those other tickets were sold by Ticketmaster so that would be an option.

on a larger scale, Radiohead doesn’t do a lottery but sells tickets through their own store Waste, with great success too, especially in the days where you got a date for when it would go live but not a time (if willing to be dedicated and stay up, you likely got tickets).

I get the TM hate, but I think it’s likely clear that there was a communication gap between 10 Club and TM at least in the initial set up stages to tell them exactly how to run this process, step by step.

that’s on Ten Club. TM is very clear that they execute to whatever the artist tells them. If the artists doesn’t provide enough specifics, that’s when things get fucked up.

truly believe the origin of this mess likely belong to Ten Club for not being super clear up front, as most of us could have managed this better with a spreadsheet based on knowing how the process is supposed to be executed.
    Think about it this way, how many times, at your work, have you seen the simplest things get fucked up because someone wasn’t given enough context, instruction, or guidance.

for me, it’s at minimum a weekly occurrence and maybe even daily (though smaller scale stuff obviously).
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    edited April 2023
    Doug87 said:
    logan5ive said:
    on2legs said:

100%.

Im not 100% ready to blame 10c but their lack of communication regarding this whole process and all the problems is somewhat telling
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 

My fiancé had: Chicago 1, Indy then Chicago 2. Nothing but crickets. But she did sign up at the very last minute. 
    Yes, not a word from anyone, high ten club number, signed up for presale very early in the process.
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I think they may be finishing up Indy today, we will see.  I didn't see a lot of posts regarding tickets, but pretty engrossed in this thread...exclusively.  nothing starts until 10am PST seemingly.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
    Kwieneke said:
    Doug87 said:
    logan5ive said:
    on2legs said:

100%.

Im not 100% ready to blame 10c but their lack of communication regarding this whole process and all the problems is somewhat telling
    Sure, TM could have asked for specific instructions too as example but probably didn’t think they needed them as a lottery is a lottery (or so they probably thought).

point being everyone wants to make TM the evil empire and I don’t think it’s quite that simple per se.

that’s all I’m saying with the statement above.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830

Buddy of mine had Chi 1 and first, Chi 2 as second, no response so far (checked card, checked spam folder, etc). 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Kwieneke said:
    Doug87 said:
    logan5ive said:
    on2legs said:

100%.

Their lack of communication is consistent with every other time there have been issues and people are looking for answers..........crickets
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    Doug87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    logan5ive said:
    on2legs said:

100%.

Think about it this way, how many times, at your work, have you seen the simplest things get fucked up because someone wasn’t given enough context, instruction, or guidance.

for me, it’s at minimum a weekly occurrence and maybe even daily (though smaller scale stuff obviously).
    All Ticketmaster does is sell tickets.  It’s not like they asked Home Depot to handle the ticket sales.  Not sure how much context, instruction, or guidance you need for this considering TM has handled the ticket lottery and seat assignment for past tours. This is clearly on TM. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore