Comments

• marra2312marra2312 Posts: 53
    marra2312 said:
    goblues82 said:
    DKedzie said:
    goblues82 said:
    myoung321 said:
    JK109224 said:
    Imagine if you were a 700xxx-er who landed 4 awesome tickets and now has to hand them back! Talk about gutted.
    “Handed back” is being nice, you mean more like ripped out of their hands 
    LoL. They were never theirs to begin with. 

Nah... The tickets were theirs to begin with. TM gave them the tickets. Then took them back.
    I get it... It's unfair to both sides.
    If you had good seniority, but got bad (or no) seats, that's unfair.
    If your seniority was less good, and got great seats, and then were taken back by TM later, that's unfair.
    Bottom line... It's a sh*t show!
    What did Ticketmaster actually give them? Did they have the actual tickets in their account or did they have a number in an email? 

“…those people to trust the system…And then to be told that is wrong is understandably disappointing.”
    -said everyone that understands the long established priority and seniority system.

I mean, yeah, that's the point. They've screwed up a system and fucked a bunch of people over. And in doing so, they gave false hope to another bunch of people, who are now getting fucked over themselves potentially to correct the first mistake.

Both groups are right to be pissed. They are just pissed in slightly different ways.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    marra2312 said:
    marra2312 said:
    goblues82 said:
    DKedzie said:
    goblues82 said:
    myoung321 said:
    JK109224 said:
    Imagine if you were a 700xxx-er who landed 4 awesome tickets and now has to hand them back! Talk about gutted.

Nah... The tickets were theirs to begin with. TM gave them the tickets. Then took them back.
    If your seniority was less good, and got great seats, and then were taken back by TM later, that's unfair.
    What did Ticketmaster actually give them? Did they have the actual tickets in their account or did they have a number in an email? 

“…those people to trust the system…And then to be told that is wrong is understandably disappointing.”
    -said everyone that understands the long established priority and seniority system.

I mean, yeah, that's the point. They've screwed up a system and fucked a bunch of people over. And in doing so, they gave false hope to another bunch of people, who are now getting fucked over themselves potentially to correct the first mistake.

Both groups are right to be pissed. They are just pissed in slightly different ways.
    I guess I disagree that the parties were equally fucked over. But, agree everyone can be pissed if they want.
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    marra2312 said:
    marra2312 said:
    goblues82 said:
    DKedzie said:
    goblues82 said:
    myoung321 said:
    JK109224 said:

Sums it up pretty well. As a newer member, i’m fine with and completely understand the seating reassignments. I mean, yeah it would suck to have been told you were getting good seats and then have them taken away, but i’d feel worse being the other way around where i know i got tickets that i didn’t really deserve.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    I really wish they were including Austin in the relocation process. Those are some really shitty seat allocations.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137

Happened to a bunch of people.  You’ll prob get an email saying they’re morons, have no idea what they’re doing, and your second set of tix were a mistake.  They’ll delete the second set from your account and refund you.
    Thanks, presumed as much. 
    Seems disorganisation reigns. 
    I’ll wait a couple of days to hear something. Hopefully they take the seats in 203 back which were the duplicate allocation. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    I had Indy as #1 and only choice, reserved only.  I've received nothing.  I am keeping the fingers crossed but at this point, WHO KNOWS??  I am curious how many people had Indy as a 1st choice., if that means anything at this point.  its been 13 years since last show here.
    2 out of 4 of my family had it as their #1 choice.  The wife and I had opposite St Paul shows as number 1.  Indy was #2 for us.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• marra2312marra2312 Posts: 53
    marra2312 said:
    marra2312 said:
    goblues82 said:
    DKedzie said:
    goblues82 said:
    myoung321 said:
    JK109224 said:

I guess I disagree that the parties were equally fucked over. But, agree everyone can be pissed if they want.

I don't think I (or indeed anyone else) said anywhere that both sides were equally screwed.

Just that both sides had been screwed and both sides can be pissed, as you say.

Frankly, even if someone isn't in either group affected, I think we should all be pissed. It's been a shambles that should inspire little confidence in the process in the future, for anyone. A mess for all concerned. Not a good day.
  • LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    I had section 105 for St Paul 2 so hopefully I get bumped a bit closer…

I was 6 rows from the stage at MSG on 9/11 after holding those 10C tickets for 2.5+ years… lol

Figured I’d at least be in that ballpark for St Paul.

Fingers crossed I get an upgrade!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    They weren't the closest, but I liked my Chicago 2 seats. Oh well. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Read through a few pages here, it really seems like it's a mess. I had St Paul night 2 as my first priority, and St Paul night 1 as my 3rd priority.  Didn't get either request. But several people have shared that they got both nights, with lower draw priorities. One woman said St Paul was her 3rd and 5th priority... and she got them both. Seems odd. Any one have any theories? 

Is this why people are assuming the "having to redo" seniority isn't the only reason for the redoing St Paul 1/2, CHicago 1/2 and Indy? I mean, they didn't say they were re-doing the entire draw... only seating assignemnts. This is so confusing. 

Also, I have to say that I think there were seniority seating issues in the last tour, that was done just before Covid. My husband has a very low number, and there were friends of ours who have higher numbers, even double his number, that were seated several rows in front of his seats. It happened at all of the shows he received tickets for. 

Did anyone else experience this kinnd of thing on the last tour?   
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
    Honestly - just happy to be in the building.  Flights booked, AirBNB booked, Paisley Park tour booked.  Going to be a great weekend in Minnesota… 
  • artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 133
    Even though it would kinda suck for people with seniority, the whole thing could be simplified by stating that the whole thing is a lottery, regardless of your membership number.
    They obviously can't properly handle distributing tickets based on priority. They just screw it up, multiple times.
    So just tell everyone that everyone has an equal shot at whatever type of tickets, and be done with it, and nobody can say they were promised this or that.
    I was a 10C member since mid 90's, and when they played at United Center around 2006, I was thinking that I'd probably get good seats because I maintained my membership for that long, and tickets were assigned by seniority.
    My seats for that show were in the second to last row in the furthest back section, and non-TenClub members were sitting in front of me.
    After that I just figured their ticketing system never really works.

• Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 117
    Ever since the 2020 ten club sale when they partnered up with ticketmaster, this is how the lottery system has worked. 

First and foremost, this is a lottery. When you pick the shows you would like to attend, its asks you to prioritize them. Now this the hard pill that everyone seems to be having a hard time swallowing......you have to win the lottery for the show you selected to get tickets.

I repeat, you have to first win the lottery for the show, and yes there is a separate lottery drawing for each show from the fans that selected the particular show, but you have to win the lottery first.

Priority and seniority do not come into play during the lottery process. Means nothing. zip, zero. You must first win the lottery for the show you entered.

The problem is and whats causing all the confusion is no one knows if they won the lottery or not, and the winners start posting their winning seats on here. Nothing wrong with this either, but those who didn't win start freaking out about show priority, GA or reserved an so on, not knowing all along they were never going to get tickets for that show because they didn't win the lottery for it.

Now, show priority comes into effect for the winners of the lottery for that one particular show are selected.  

So to recap.

Step one is the lottery. 

Step two is show priority (more to explain on this see below)

Step 3 is when and only when seniority comes into play. Seniority doesn't mean jack shit until you made it thru the first two steps. It's as simple as that when it comes to Ten Club seniority numbers.

Ok, back to show priority and how it works.

Scenario 1:
    I had DFW 1 as my first and only priority but BlahBlah got tickets to DFW 1 with priority three.
    ===You lost the lottery for that show and Blah Blah won the lottery,

Scenario 2:
    I had CHI 1 and CHI 2  and as my first and second priorities and struck out but won AUS 1 an and DFW 2 with my third and fourth priorities. WTF ?
    ===You lost the lottery for both CHI 1 and CHI 2 but won the lottery for AUS 1 and DFW 2

Scenario 3:
    I had AUS 1 (priority 1) and CHI 1 (priority 2) and won both, Yay! for me. Now the person from scenario 2 chimes in but wait a minute as I had CHI 1 as my first priority and lost but you won with CHI 1 as your priority 2? Thats bullshit.
    ===You lost the lottery for CHI 1 while Yay! won the lottery for CHI 1.  There were enough seats available after every lottery winner with priority 1 was exhausted and thrown into the ticket pool they were able to move onto people who the lottery for CHI 1 with priority 2 selected.

Scenario fouer
    Well I had CHI 1 as my first priority and CHI 2 as my second. Lost out on CHI 1 but scored reserved seats for CHI 2. Seems weird, something fishy is going on. How come I didn't both?
    ===You lost the lottery for CHI 1 and won the lottery for CHI 2. 

Scenario five:
    Well how the fuck are people getting tickets with their third, fourth, fifth, etc priorities and I got nothing.
    ===Some shows are more in demand than others. Seems like both CHI shows were the highest, so anyone that had them as their third priority or higher were shut out.
    === The Texas shows were less in demand and after filling the available Ten Club seats with the people that had these shows as their first and second priorities. There were enough left over to fill third priorities, fourth priorities and so on until they were out of seats. 

And this right here, scenario five, is how how show priority works. I guess it can be confusing, so I hope this helps. 

In the future, try using a little strategy when prioritizing the shows you want to see. Well all pretty much which shows are always in high demand, so rank them as number one and number two and the less demand shows can be prioritized after them.
    ===Well why the fuck would they do it like this ?

They do it like this to hopefully give everyone a chance to see a show. Not the same people at every show. Simple as that.

My only suggestion to fix this and stop all the confusion is to run the lottery say on day one and notify all the winners and losers. Then that way everyone knows if they're in the ticket pool or out before the seat selection begins and would make the process way more transparent. Started a thread about this here.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297765/a-petition-to-ten-club-regarding-fan-club-tickets

I have never traveled far to see my favorite band, stuck mostly to shows within a three to four drive, and many were right in my backyard. But my backyard is Philadelphia, And these shows are always in high demand (because we are the best crowds which the band feeds of off and the shows here are always above average). So this current system is like a double edged sword, its fucking hard to score tickets thru Ten Club for people like me. Back in the old days, we would always get tickets to at least one home show thru Ten Club. You had to designate which stop on the tour was your home show. I sure as fuck would have liked to have had that option the last ten years or so after being shut out more than once in my own backyard lol. But if you want to really see a certain show, you'll get in, one way or another. Ticket drops day of the show etc. I guess this applies to those who live close to the show, pretty hard to jump on a plane and make it to a show you just scored tickets to four hours earlier. So to all those who got shut out in Chicago, you still have hope.
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 Atlantic City 09.30, Atlantic City 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14
    '24 Philly 09.07  Philly 09.09  Baltimore 09.12
    artforbw said:
    So just tell everyone that everyone has an equal shot at whatever type of tickets, and be done with it, and nobody can say they were promised this or that.

I mean they do say it’s a lottery.  Lottery winners get seated by seniority.

I will say that every show I’ve attended with 10C tickets has gotten progressively better with the seats other than this one.  Regardless - just happy to have a couple seats in the building.  If the reassignment upgrades me then that’s just gravy… 
  • cifrancgxcifrancgx Posts: 350
    My request has unfulfilled for the status now. 

Mine does as well. The Status says "Processing Complete" and when I open it next to my request (I only put in for 2 "Reserved · Seating" tickets to the Indy show) it says "Unfulfilled".  So I guess I am out of luck.

George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
    artforbw said:
    Even though it would kinda suck for people with seniority, the whole thing could be simplified by stating that the whole thing is a lottery, regardless of your membership number.
    They obviously can't properly handle distributing tickets based on priority. They just screw it up, multiple times.
    I was a 10C member since mid 90's, and when they played at United Center around 2006, I was thinking that I'd probably get good seats because I maintained my membership for that long, and tickets were assigned by seniority.
    My seats for that show were in the second to last row in the furthest back section, and non-TenClub members were sitting in front of me.
    After that I just figured their ticketing system never really works.

This sounds like someone in the United Center ticket office pulled a good pair of fan club seats and swapped them for crappy seats. This has happened to a couple of people I know. They sent emails to 10c asking what happened and they let them know that was not their original ticket allocation. This was some time back. 
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
    Ever since the 2020 ten club sale when they partnered up with ticketmaster, this is how the lottery system has worked. 

First and foremost, this is a lottery. When you pick the shows you would like to attend, its asks you to prioritize them. Now this the hard pill that everyone seems to be having a hard time swallowing......you have to win the lottery for the show you selected to get tickets.

I repeat, you have to first win the lottery for the show, and yes there is a separate lottery drawing for each show from the fans that selected the particular show, but you have to win the lottery first.

Priority and seniority do not come into play during the lottery process. Means nothing. zip, zero. You must first win the lottery for the show you entered.

The problem is and whats causing all the confusion is no one knows if they won the lottery or not, and the winners start posting their winning seats on here. Nothing wrong with this either, but those who didn't win start freaking out about show priority, GA or reserved an so on, not knowing all along they were never going to get tickets for that show because they didn't win the lottery for it.

Now, show priority comes into effect for the winners of the lottery for that one particular show are selected.  

So to recap.

Step one is the lottery. 

Step two is show priority (more to explain on this see below)

Step 3 is when and only when seniority comes into play. Seniority doesn't mean jack shit until you made it thru the first two steps. It's as simple as that when it comes to Ten Club seniority numbers.

Ok, back to show priority and how it works.

Scenario 1:
    I had DFW 1 as my first and only priority but BlahBlah got tickets to DFW 1 with priority three.
    ===You lost the lottery for that show and Blah Blah won the lottery,

Scenario 2:
    I had CHI 1 and CHI 2  and as my first and second priorities and struck out but won AUS 1 an and DFW 2 with my third and fourth priorities. WTF ?
    ===You lost the lottery for both CHI 1 and CHI 2 but won the lottery for AUS 1 and DFW 2

Scenario 3:
    I had AUS 1 (priority 1) and CHI 1 (priority 2) and won both, Yay! for me. Now the person from scenario 2 chimes in but wait a minute as I had CHI 1 as my first priority and lost but you won with CHI 1 as your priority 2? Thats bullshit.
    ===You lost the lottery for CHI 1 while Yay! won the lottery for CHI 1.  There were enough seats available after every lottery winner with priority 1 was exhausted and thrown into the ticket pool they were able to move onto people who the lottery for CHI 1 with priority 2 selected.

Scenario fouer
    Well I had CHI 1 as my first priority and CHI 2 as my second. Lost out on CHI 1 but scored reserved seats for CHI 2. Seems weird, something fishy is going on. How come I didn't both?
    ===You lost the lottery for CHI 1 and won the lottery for CHI 2. 

Scenario five:
    Well how the fuck are people getting tickets with their third, fourth, fifth, etc priorities and I got nothing.
    ===Some shows are more in demand than others. Seems like both CHI shows were the highest, so anyone that had them as their third priority or higher were shut out.
    === The Texas shows were less in demand and after filling the available Ten Club seats with the people that had these shows as their first and second priorities. There were enough left over to fill third priorities, fourth priorities and so on until they were out of seats. 

And this right here, scenario five, is how how show priority works. I guess it can be confusing, so I hope this helps. 

In the future, try using a little strategy when prioritizing the shows you want to see. Well all pretty much which shows are always in high demand, so rank them as number one and number two and the less demand shows can be prioritized after them.
    ===Well why the fuck would they do it like this ?

They do it like this to hopefully give everyone a chance to see a show. Not the same people at every show. Simple as that.

My only suggestion to fix this and stop all the confusion is to run the lottery say on day one and notify all the winners and losers. Then that way everyone knows if they're in the ticket pool or out before the seat selection begins and would make the process way more transparent. Started a thread about this here.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297765/a-petition-to-ten-club-regarding-fan-club-tickets

I have never traveled far to see my favorite band, stuck mostly to shows within a three to four drive, and many were right in my backyard. But my backyard is Philadelphia, And these shows are always in high demand (because we are the best crowds which the band feeds of off and the shows here are always above average). So this current system is like a double edged sword, its fucking hard to score tickets thru Ten Club for people like me. Back in the old days, we would always get tickets to at least one home show thru Ten Club. You had to designate which stop on the tour was your home show. I sure as fuck would have liked to have had that option the last ten years or so after being shut out more than once in my own backyard lol. But if you want to really see a certain show, you'll get in, one way or another. Ticket drops day of the show etc. I guess this applies to those who live close to the show, pretty hard to jump on a plane and make it to a show you just scored tickets to four hours earlier. So to all those who got shut out in Chicago, you still have hope.
    Wow. How long did it take you to type that up? lol

Good points tho

"First and foremost, this is a lottery. When you pick the shows you would like to attend, its asks you to prioritize them. Now this the hard pill that everyone seems to be having a hard time swallowing......you have to win the lottery for the show you selected to get tickets.

Priority and seniority do not come into play during the lottery process."
    So, you are saying there is a pre-lottery, lottery? Has that information every been shared in a "how ticketing works" explanation from 10c or TM? If it was, I must have missed it. 

So you're theory is that everyone who has, say... St Paul Night 1 on their list at all is put into the pre-lottery lottery, it doesn't matter what their priority selection is. Then tickets are distributed to the people who won the pre-lottery lottery based on priority. 

Huh. I guess that could be happening. But I don't think that detials has evern been shared if that is indeed the way they are doing it. (Unless i missed it.)   
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    edited April 2023
    I’d take a bad seat right now over no email at all. Indy was my only show request. I didn’t opt for lawn; guess I should have.  

That’s on me. 
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• cifrancgx said:

Mine does as well. The Status says "Processing Complete" and when I open it next to my request (I only put in for 2 "Reserved · Seating" tickets to the Indy show) it says "Unfulfilled".  So I guess I am out of luck.

where would i find this information at?
  • cifrancgxcifrancgx Posts: 350
    cifrancgx said:

I went to the link in the "Your Pearl Jam Ten Club Ticket Request" email I got when I originally put in the request.  Here is the link...

George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Ince.esInce.es Posts: 315
    cifrancgx said:

https://tenclub-us.shop.ticketstoday.com/Requests.aspx

My both requests say "Unfulfilled". Let's see if I get the VF code...
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net

"First and foremost, this is a lottery. When you pick the shows you would like to attend, its asks you to prioritize them. Now this the hard pill that everyone seems to be having a hard time swallowing......you have to win the lottery for the show you selected to get tickets.

Priority and seniority do not come into play during the lottery process."
    So, you are saying there is a pre-lottery, lottery? Has that information every been shared in a "how ticketing works" explanation from 10c or TM? If it was, I must have missed it. 

So you're theory is that everyone who has, say... St Paul Night 1 on their list at all is put into the pre-lottery lottery, it doesn't matter what their priority selection is. Then tickets are distributed to the people who won the pre-lottery lottery based on priority. 

Huh. I guess that could be happening. But I don't think that detials has evern been shared if that is indeed the way they are doing it. (Unless i missed it.)   
    It’s a lottery for every show.  If you picked every show then you go into every lottery, regardless of priority.  Maybe you get more lottery balls for your top picks?  No idea…

But if you get lucky and win your lottery(s) then that’s when your seniority comes into play for seating assignments.

At least that’s how I understand it.  Guessing if you put in for only one show your lottery odds are improved but again - I have no idea… 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,412
    What a fucking disaster. And we are supposed to trust tm to sort this out? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    There was nothing wrong with the lotteries in recent years.  Don’t they always say if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it?

Hope this is the end of the Res/GA option experience.  Congrats to the lucky 1% who actually scored Noblesville tickets 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    edited April 2023
    Just want to remind everyone that all but one of these shows are in the same time zone. So Verified Fan will (almost) all be going on sale at the same time, and TM only allows you to be in one queue at a time. So, choose whichever show is most important to you and go for that one. 
    Post edited by aisleseats on
  • jmbethonyjmbethony Posts: 56

Wtf?

The Ten Club presale will now end Wednesday, April 26.

Ten Club Members-Only Ticket Request Confirmations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 3 days, beginning Monday, April 24 and ending Wednesday, April 26.

• steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    Wow, looks like I missed a lot overnight. Can someone give me a very quick update (cause I don’t have time to read through all this)? I had Chicago N1 (checked all options- GA/Reserved, Reserved, and Rear/Side) as 1st priority and when I click on the ticket status link, it says unfulfilled. So I’m assuming that means I lost, despite the fact that other people who had that show ranked as priority 2 or 3 won. However, I haven’t yet received an email confirming that I lost. Does anyone know if they have run the lottery for the side/rear view tickets yet?
  • Beachman44Beachman44 Posts: 176
    Doug87 said:
    iwasthere said:
    The thing is I am pretty sure Austin had some of the same issues. My 163xxx seat is behind someone with 433xxx. Seems slightly off. 
    Yeah, My 173,xxx seat is also behind some MUCH higher numbers in Austin. Which are in almost an identical location each night. 
    This leads me to believe that the real issue for Indy, St Paul, and Chicago isn’t seating by seniority.

it’s that priority 1 people got screwed hence why it was halted.

Was less of an issue for Texas so no need to redo, otherwise, why wouldn’t they be redoing Texas as well.

seems to have similar inconsistencies seating wise.

my belief is they saw how St Paul, Chicago and Indy got screwed up and stopped it then and there and changed the process and implemented it when they moved on to Texas.

then tonight they realized there’s no way to fix St Paul, Indy, and Chicago without redoing seats as likely many more priority ones to accommodate that would have been stuck with seats completely inconsistent with their seniority as in like 100xxx - 250xxx people in the 200 level, etc. so you make the announcement. 

We’ll see tomorrow but I feel pretty good about this hypothesis.
    I hope you are right. Friend and I are in this boat. Both P1 for St. Paul. Both nothing. Status shows unfulfilled now. Thinking it is over for us. 
    9/29/1996, 8/28/1998, 8/29/1998, 9/8/1998, 8/25/2000, 9/1/2000, 9/2/2000, 4/28/2003, 5/03/2003, 7/5/2003, 7/6/2003, 10/01/2004, 9/19/2005, 10/1/2005, 10/3/2005, 5/27/2006, 5/28/2006, 5/30/2006, 6/26/2006, 4/15/2008. 6/19/2008, 6/20/2008, 6/22/2008, 8/16/2008, 10/28/2009, 10/30/2009, 10/31/2009, 5/13/2010, 9/3/2011, 9/4/2011, 9/2/2012, 10/21/2013, 10/22/2013, 10/27/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016, 4/28/2016, 4/29/2016, 9/2/2018, 9/18/2021, 9/14/2022, 8/31/2023, 9/2/2023, 9/3/2024, 9/7/2024
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 763
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    baldog27 said:
    I got a good one (All Selections were GA/Res Option)
    1.  Chi 2 Lost
    2.  Chi 1 Lost
    3.  Noble Lost
    4.  St Paul 1 Lost
    5.  Austin 1 Lost
    6.  St Paul 2 Lost

7.  Austin 2 WON

Let me fix this for you.

I got a good one (All Selections were GA/Res Option)
    1.  Chi 2 Lost -- LOST LOTTERY 
    2.  Chi 1 Lost -- LOST LOTTERY 
    3.  Noble Lost -- LOST LOTTERY 
    4.  St Paul 1 Lost  -- LOST LOTTERY 
    5.  Austin 1 Lost -- LOST LOTTERY 
    6.  St Paul 2 Lost -- LOST LOTTERY 

7.  Austin 2 WON -- WON LOTTERY

You have to win the lottery for the show you selected FIRST to even be in the ticket pool.

If you do win , thats when priority and seniority applies. 

Been this way since 2020 tour. 

Some shows are higher in demand then others, thus the reason you won seats with 7th priority.

The only way to fix this and to erase all the confusion is to make the lottery selection a separate process and send the emails to everyone win or lose. Then everyone knows if they won or lost for that show. Then those that won, priority and seniority would then apply to the seat you get.

Yeah its an extra step, but maybe Pearl Jam could convince TM to do it in the future.
    Is there a source for this? It would explain a lot if that's actually been publicly stated at some point. 
    No it is a completely made up fallacy.

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2023/

Go down to the how do tickets work for 10c members?  It factually states tickets are randomized with consideration based on priority. Ergo, priority 1 should always trump priority 2 and so forth.
    It says "To level the playing field, ticket requests are fulfilled in a randomized selection process while still considering show priority." 
    "Ergo, priority 1 should always trump priority 2 and so forth" definitely does not follow from that statement. In fact they leave it deliberately vague. 

Consider Person A, Person B, and shows GG, OK, LY. Priorities highest to lowest: 
    Person A: GG, LY, OK. 
    Person B. GG, OK, LY. 

GG and LY have greater demand than supply. OK does not. 

Person A gets chosen for GG, Person B does not. 

Person B gets chosen for OK and LY. Person A does not. 

Now, person B has gotten a ticket for OK at #3, whereas A did not get it at #2. According to your theory, that's definitely B A D. Furthermore, person B got two shows and Person A only got one!

On the other hand, Person A got their first choice, and Person B didn't. So maybe it all balances out? People will have different opinions, and those are the kinds of factors that go into trying to design a process for this scenario. 

If the people designing the solution make different choices, there's a world where Person A gets GG and LY, Person B gets only OK. Now Person A has their first pick (B doesn't), and more shows than B, but B has OK even though they had a lower priority on it than Person A did. Is that Bad and Wrong and Person A should definitely have gotten that seat instead, making for a clean sweep? 
    I think you have some of this messed up with your example but in no way should LY hit for Person B and Person A misses. Thats not how this has ever worked or should work. 
    It may be true that it hasn't worked that way before. Dunno. I respect your opinion that this isn't how it should work, I also disagree. Reasonable people can have a different opinion on that. Personally, I think that since Person A already got their first choice *and* third choice, and Person B didn't, it's more than reasonable for Person B to hit LY while Person A doesn't. And I'm not saying this exact thing is happening here. I'm just trying to illustrate that different people can reasonably have different opinions about what is most "fair", and you can't please everybody, and with a matrix of three different inputs (show, priority, GA/Reserve vs. only Reserve) across thousands of people, a lot of people are going to be unhappy and think it makes no sense no matter what you do. 

It's also possible that their selection process is entirely unfair and idiotic -- but I don't think we have the evidence to say that, and I think people are far underestimating how difficult a problem this is to solve when one requirement is a futile hope to have at least a veneer of "fairness" across the opinions of tens of thousands of people. 
    Explain to me how 8 people I know put Chicago night 2 as a first and only pick. They have not heard anything yet and others put it as a 3rd pick and won. Also the people that put it as a 3rd pick won 4 other shows. 
    Good question. I don't know. I also don't know that all of those assertions are true (and neither do you), which makes it a tough discussion to have. We also don't know what selections they all made beyond show date, nor do we know that the people who haven't heard anything yet won't hear anything, nor do we know that the people who made it their first and only pick weren't disqualified (correctly or incorrectly) for some perceived attempt to game the system (which is a stated policy), nor do we know a thousand other things. Which is annoying. But also makes me not super keen on making judgements just yet, when the process hasn't even completed. 

I got notified of the tickets I won in reverse order of the priority I ranked them in. I see that a lot of people are reporting that they have gottten their 3rd, 4th, 6th choices but not their 1st or 2nd. I think their 1st and 2nd choices are forthcoming, and they just have not gotten those emails yet, especially in the case of Chicago, that involves the largest # of tickets. Also, it seems lower member #s started being notified first, so higher #s may have to wait longer to get their final confirmations. The process isn't over yet, so many of these situations that seem like discrepancies, may actually resolve as the process completes.

That said, Austin1 was my #1 priority and last to be confirmed. I also was one of those that got a second ticket confirmation for that show (a worse ticket, that they reversed a few minutes later). So I see that glitches can arise that don't exactly inspire confidence. Hopefully they will continue to tweak and improve our system.

I love the fact that we know our seat assignments right away, a huge improvement. I'm sure the whole system is more complex than meets the eye.

* IT IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO EDIT THIS.
      I WROTE IT BEFORE I HAD TIME TO TRUDGE THROUGH 40 + PAGES OF THIS NIGHTMARE, AND NO LONGER WISH TO COMMENT.

@kat

PLEASE DELETE POST
    Post edited by OfThePearl on