Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Looking through all these pages upon pages…I don’t see “that” many confirmed fans for Reserved Noblesville.  Just seems a bit odd if they are indeed “done” drawing names.
  • SlettelleirSlettelleir Posts: 108
    They should just reset everything and start 100% over.  Still plenty of time to push things back a couple days.  Now I’m gonna be charged twice and will have hundreds of dollars tied up for a few days waiting for the refund to clear.  
  • It’s clear as day they fucked up the “lottery” for all the shows taking place outside of Texas. If you selected GA or reserved for any show not taking place in Texas and didn’t win GA, I don’t think you were reentered in the reserve drawing. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,874
    tylerj said:
    There's unlikely any lottery issue to fix, as far as anyone knows. This is literally from the 10c presale page 

"Ticket requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority."

Not to beat the dead horse but 100% of people who ranked a show first priority should get that show before anyone at all who ranked it second or lower gets it.  Period, full stop.  And there are numerous examples today of this not holding true.  

The not guaranteed part means if there are more priority 1 entries than tickets you might not get one.  But you would only lose to other priority 1 people.

They def fucked it up.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    Imagine if you were a 700xxx-er who landed 4 awesome tickets and now has to hand them back! Talk about gutted.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • tylerjtylerj Posts: 298
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    There's unlikely any lottery issue to fix, as far as anyone knows. This is literally from the 10c presale page 

"Ticket requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority."

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree, we know for a fact that they have messed up the seat assignments for 5 shows, and issued multiple pairs for another show.

Given those mistakes, it would hardly be an absurd position for someone to hold serious doubts about the veracity of any part of this specific process.
    I don't disagree. Plenty of good reasons to be skeptical. Not getting a first priority, though, and someone getting a 2nd, 3rd, etc in of itself is not proof the lottery didn't work as intended. It's pretty clear priority plays some role but maybe not as big as people had hoped. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,533
    Chicago 
    Unfulfilled. 

Gutted. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Honestly feels like we’re right back where we were 24 hours ago…we know nothing. Tomorrow, they might feel like taking away all our tickets, and they would, and there would be nothing we could do about it. Fucking shitshow.
    They should void all reserved seats and redraw. They won’t do that, but that’s what they should do. This is coming from someone who won Chicago night 2 with a third priority. 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Kwieneke said:
    Chicago 
    Unfulfilled. 

Gutted. 
    Wouldn't read into that until after tomorrow.

Seems everyone got them, who hadn't already been assigned tickets.

Process seems to have been halted earlier today and I would imagine new tickets will be awarded (not reassigned) tomorrow
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    tylerj said:

No shit, but it doesn’t say people who had that show as 2nd or 3rd priority will get picked ahead of you
  • matt3846matt3846 Posts: 156
    It’s clear as day they fucked up the “lottery” for all the shows taking place outside of Texas. If you selected GA or reserved for any show not taking place in Texas and didn’t win GA, I don’t think you were reentered in the reserve drawing. 
    I think you’re right. I think this is what they are attempting to correct with the “seat reassignments”.
  • JK109224 said:
    Imagine if you were a 700xxx-er who landed 4 awesome tickets and now has to hand them back! Talk about gutted.
    *timidly raises hand*
  • tylerjtylerj Posts: 298
    edited April 2023
    tylerj said:

Not to beat the dead horse but 100% of people who ranked a show first priority should get that show before anyone at all who ranked it second or lower gets it.  Period, full stop.  And there are numerous examples today of this not holding true.  

The not guaranteed part means if there are more priority 1 entries than tickets you might not get one.  But you would only lose to other priority 1 people.

They def fucked it up.  
    I interpret "taking your priority into consideration" as meaning it plays some role in getting tickets but not exactly the way you described as wanting it to be. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

tylerj said:
    tylerj said:

They def fucked it up.  
    I take "taking your priority into consideration" as meaning it plays some role in getting tickets but not exactly the way you described as wanting it to be. 
    Well if you only list 1, that's pretty clear cut, yeah?

I know, I know, it's tense today :)
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • matt3846 said:
    It’s clear as day they fucked up the “lottery” for all the shows taking place outside of Texas. If you selected GA or reserved for any show not taking place in Texas and didn’t win GA, I don’t think you were reentered in the reserve drawing. 
    I think you’re right. I think this is what they are attempting to correct with the “seat reassignments”.
    But that doesn’t explain why I won Chicago as a second or third priority and others who had it number 1 didn’t get them because they only selected GA or reserved. For the first few shows they didn’t reenter the ga or reserved people who didn’t get GA
    tylerj said:

They def fucked it up.  
    What is so hard to understand about this?
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    There is no “reentering” - if you choice GA or Reserved you get GA unless it’s full then you get Reserved.. or if you choose only reserved you get that or nothing… there isn’t two different lotteries… 
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

I'd say 10c and Tickets received some rather unpleasant emails in the last few hours...
    Doug87 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Chicago 
    Unfulfilled. 

Gutted. 
    Wouldn't read into that until after tomorrow.

Seems everyone got them, who hadn't already been assigned tickets.

Process seems to have been halted earlier today and I would imagine new tickets will be awarded (not reassigned) tomorrow
    Possible. Also possible that all seats are allocated but two (or hell, three or eight or 27.5) people were all incorrectly assigned the same seats while other seats were assigned to nobody. 
    Nothing can or will surprise me after the events of today
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    My guess about how tomorrow will pan out:

- St Paul, Chicago, Noblesville seats get corrected and re-processed
    - Maybe, just maybe more reserved seats become available after the shuffle and others get Res tickets that weren’t informed today
    - Draws continue for some venues that didn’t finish today (lawn seats in Indy, rear stage in Chicago, etc)
    - Emails confirming people not getting tickets to end the long, anxious wait
    - 500+ new threads ask the same questions

Don’t count anything out yet. 
  • bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 163
    I didn't look at the last 10 pages but to catch me up, does this mean they can take away your ticket now? Or if you got one today are you guaranteed to keep it, just different seat?
  • myoung321 said:
    There is no “reenteting” - if you choice GA or Reserved you get GA unless it’s full then you get Reserved.. or if you choose only reserved you get that or nothing… there isn’t two different lotteries… 
    That’s how it was intended to work, but no one who only selected Ga or reserved won a reserved ticket. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    bbiggs said:
    Where is the "the process worked perfectly and as it is designed" crowd?
    Lol
  • ML217499ML217499 Posts: 3
    Just to add insult to injury, watch them send out the commemorative tickets with the original seat assignments on them. 
    Ugh hadn't even thought of this... 
    6/30/98 • 4/18/03 • 6/16/03 • 6/26/06 • 10/19/14
  • Well, it sounds like there are a lot of disappointed people on here. I requested two pit/general admission tickets to the 9/15 (Friday) show in Fort Worth, and I got them. I wasn't nearly as interested in the other three Texas shows, because they're occurring on Wednesday, Monday, and Tuesday, which are tough days for people that have responsibilities and have to travel 300-500 miles each way. Perhaps I'll see some of you in Fort Worth. Cheers! 
    bchambers05 - they are going to reallocate tickets. So ignore what you've received so far.

matt3846 said:
    But that doesn’t explain why I won Chicago as a second or third priority and others who had it number 1 didn’t get them because they only selected GA or reserved. For the first few shows they didn’t reenter the ga or reserved people who didn’t get GA
    Thank you
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    where is that Groundhog Day meme now.. ?