The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• AponeApone Posts: 586
    JABK said:
    I'm a little confused about Waldbühne because I try to avoid as much hassle as possible with concerts. People are saying that there aren't any bad places in Waldbühne and if you have a chance you should experience it, but does anyone have experiences with how much in advance you need to get there to get decent seats? And when you get your seat you will have it without anyone taking it if you go get drinks or taking a toiletbreak? And I don't need to be on the floor/pit. Cheers everyone...hope we get an announcement soon...
    Assuming it is the same as 2022 (as some have commented that perhaps it now has changed) I got in without 10c early entry at gate opening time and was 5 or 6 rows back on Stones side.  As mentioned above, you will get a stamp to leave and re-enter the section and people next to you will keep your seat.
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2; 2024: Manchester, London
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    Are we still confident 13 February holds true?

I mean the date came up in November. Anything could have changed. I have a feeling it‘s way too quiet for a major announcement like that only one week ahead.
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • dani11dani11 Posts: 43
    just_one said:
    Keep the subject above what is the general consenssus about these shows and their priority when the time comes.

London/berlin/Barcelona 

At first i was thinking of putting london as seating (both nights) as my 1st and 2nd priorities. After the general talk here i've decided to go as GA

Was thinking of putting Barcelona night 1 and 2 as 3rd and 4th as seating as i got it in 2018 but it was as 1st priority

Might put berlin as 5th and 6th as in the 2022 tour there was tickets available for a long time, it wasnt a super fast sold out .

London seems to be the hardest one right? What do u guys think of my way of thought? Some tips will be most welcomed
    I'm also interested in this.

Any thoughts on which shows to pick (maybe do 2 or 3 out of London, Barcelona, Berlin) ...are 2nd nights generally 'better' than first nights?

The Berlin venue looks great but a little concerned about weather...although July is most likely to be good weather.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    edited February 6
    JackD. said:

I mean the date came up in November. Anything could have changed. I have a feeling it‘s way too quiet for a major announcement like that only one week ahead.
    all signs seem to point for it.

i find it frustated if in the next newsletter we get yet another keep your membership updated , i mean its the 3rd one !! 

we are way of from a perfect world at this point but an announcement feb 13th with a full world tour would be the way to go with lotteries separated by leg.

Feb 13 world tour announcement

europe lotery announced on the 15th and general sale on the 16th
    us lotery from the 20th till 22th and general sale on the 23th

no idea about australia though lol, maybe the week after?
    Post edited by just_one on
    Sorry, but I don't believe anything anymore. Not even on February 13th. The announcement, if it comes, will come when PJ's MGMT wants to make it.
    pearljamonline.it
    for all its worth PJ is not alone in the "still announcing" tours for this summer. AC/DC still havent announced anything yet but just did a reel on instagram teasing something...
    edited February 6
    Yep, 2 teases for AC/DC, at the beginning of 2024, another today.
    pearljamonline.it
    raindog80 said:
    June 12 & 14 for Munich, leaked by their own mayor  =)
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    True, leaked 3 months ago. 05/25 at RCF Arena in Reggio Emilia, my city, is another leaked date. 
    pearljamonline.it
    raindog80 said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    True, leaked 3 months ago. 05/25 at RCF Arena in Reggio Emilia, my city, is another leaked date. 
    any leaks about a date in portugal?
    Not yet. 
    pearljamonline.it
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

i find it frustated if in the next newsletter we get yet another keep your membership updated , i mean its the 3rd one !! 

we are way of from a perfect world at this point but an announcement feb 13th with a full world tour would be the way to go with lotteries separated by leg.

Sorry if I missed something, but what „all signs“ expect for someone posting the date on Facebook in November?

Honest question. I just don‘t want to get my hopes up for next week based on outdated info.
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

Sorry if I missed something, but what „all signs“ expect for someone posting the date on Facebook in November?

Honest question. I just don‘t want to get my hopes up for next week based on outdated info.
    as jon bon jovi said in Keep the faith , we gotta keep the faith!! (great song btw)

i just find the whole thing frustated at this point to be honest, we have the dates for months why take so damn long? but hey february 13th its the next mark...hopefully the last one lol
    raindog80 said:
    Not yet. 
    really hope they come here , never saw them live and its on my bucketlist. If italy is in May if they come here it might be around that and not get in the way of PJ around europe
  • LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 160
    JackD. said:

I mean how many more reminders to keep your membership up to date you think we are going to get? 
    The album is done, so I don't see a reason to drag this announcement any longer. Unless they are waiting for my tax return check to arrive, lol
    edited February 6
    LS164963 said:
    JackD. said:

I mean how many more reminders to keep your membership up to date you think we are going to get? 
    The album is done, so I don't see a reason to drag this announcement any longer. Unless they are waiting for my tax return check to arrive, lol
    That comment was valid weeks ago. So yeah, I don‘t get my hopes up for next Tuesday cause someone posted the date on Facebook in November.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    One week
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    👍
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    JABK said:
    I'm a little confused about Waldbühne because I try to avoid as much hassle as possible with concerts. People are saying that there aren't any bad places in Waldbühne and if you have a chance you should experience it, but does anyone have experiences with how much in advance you need to get there to get decent seats? And when you get your seat you will have it without anyone taking it if you go get drinks or taking a toiletbreak? And I don't need to be on the floor/pit. Cheers everyone...hope we get an announcement soon...
    Saw some things saying it may have changed to allocated areas so not sure if this is still true but ...

I've always went for 10C early entry but you don't need to if you go just after that there will still be plenty good seats just don't leave it too late or you may be way up the back 

People around you will keep your seat if you need to go to the bar or toilet and you will get a wristband or stamp if you are in the lower sections to let you back in 

It really is a fantastic venue I just hope they don't change it to allocated seats 
    Cheers to you very much!
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    Apone said:
    JABK said:
    Assuming it is the same as 2022 (as some have commented that perhaps it now has changed) I got in without 10c early entry at gate opening time and was 5 or 6 rows back on Stones side.  As mentioned above, you will get a stamp to leave and re-enter the section and people next to you will keep your seat.
    And cheers to you very much! Berlin is one of my favourite cities in Europe besides Prague, good beer and döner kebabs, and I've heard nothing but great things about Waldbühne...I'm leaning towards Berlin night 2 if the rumours are true 🤞
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    In 2020 Canada was a separate lottery from US.  So you could have a top priority for Canada and a separate top priority for US.
    Only makes sense if u have more than one Canadian show. 
    Van1
    Van2
    2 shows 
    So u want a seperate lottery for the 2 Van shows? 🤣 I’ll be making Vancouver my top choice in the NA lottery 😉
    ... different currencies, tax laws etc so needs different sites
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    euchrid said:
    In 2020 Canada was a separate lottery from US.  So you could have a top priority for Canada and a separate top priority for US.
    Van1
    Van2
    2 shows 
    So u want a seperate lottery for the 2 Van shows? 🤣 I’ll be making Vancouver my top choice in the NA lottery 😉
    ... different currencies, tax laws etc so needs different sites
    🤣🤣🤣
  • dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    Keep the subject above what is the general consenssus about these shows and their priority when the time comes.

London/berlin/Barcelona 

At first i was thinking of putting london as seating (both nights) as my 1st and 2nd priorities. After the general talk here i've decided to go as GA

Was thinking of putting Barcelona night 1 and 2 as 3rd and 4th as seating as i got it in 2018 but it was as 1st priority

Might put berlin as 5th and 6th as in the 2022 tour there was tickets available for a long time, it wasnt a super fast sold out .

London seems to be the hardest one right? What do u guys think of my way of thought? Some tips will be most welcomed
    I'm also interested in this.

Any thoughts on which shows to pick (maybe do 2 or 3 out of London, Barcelona, Berlin) ...are 2nd nights generally 'better' than first nights?

The Berlin venue looks great but a little concerned about weather...although July is most likely to be good weather.
    Nowadays there isn’t much difference between first and second nights, but I would choose 2 nights in 1 city as there’s more likely to be a good variance of set list between the 2 nights.
  • If this is the way of doing things from now on then it’s a bit of a pisser as i won’t be doing any euro shows as the flight prices are ridiculous and only going to be more expensive by the time the announcement is made.. so I’ve cancelled my work holidays that I’d earmarked for the Euro tour and booked a Thailand trip in November instead , so frustrating why they don’t announce earlier like they used to :|
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022
    Manchester 2024
    edited February 6
    If this is the way of doing things from now on then it’s a bit of a pisser as i won’t be doing any euro shows as the flight prices are ridiculous and only going to be more expensive by the time the announcement is made.. so I’ve cancelled my work holidays that I’d earmarked for the Euro tour and booked a Thailand trip in November instead , so frustrating why they don’t announce earlier like they used to :|
    i just dont cancel it because its our 10th year wedding anniversary(we did the 2014 euro tour as our honeymoon) and my wife´s 40th birthday so we already know at this point that its gonna be expensive.

Doubt we will ever do something like this again, so many shows and they wont be touring in 10years so what the hell , its gonna be expensive but its one last time!

its really a shame if this is the way they announce the european tours from now on , hope its a one off because of the new album
    Post edited by just_one on
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

The person who gave us all the tour dates confirmed the 13th. It didn’t come from Facebook. Anything could change at any time but it’s as well sourced as any piece of info here.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    I just hope we finally get some dates in NY and Philly.  It’s been too long!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Van1
    Van2
    2 shows 

There was separate priorities for the 4 Canadian dates in 2020 (cue the debate as to whether that's a separate lottery or not as they ran at the same time).  Wouldn't surprise me if that happened again, even for just two dates.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    mpedone said:
    Van1
    Van2
    2 shows 

There was separate priorities for the 4 Canadian dates in 2020 (cue the debate as to whether that's a separate lottery or not as they ran at the same time).  Wouldn't surprise me if that happened again, even for just two dates.
    I would argue it doesn’t matter whether they run at the same time. If the priorities for one are separate from the other they’re different lotteries.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
This discussion has been closed.