The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• enddemenddem Posts: 67
    JD87070 said:
    enddem said:
    New 10c member. Firstly, thanks to everyone for sharing info on expected dates and tips on when/where to book etc. I hope you'll indulge a ticketing-related question. I'm only looking to get in--don't really care about seats and, to be honest, not comfortable paying much beyond the 160-200 range when I'm shelling out for family who aren't as invested in the band as me. If I'm just looking to get in, am I better served doing the 10c lottery/drawing or throwing in for the general on-sale? I was able to score Austin 2 tix last April through the general on-sale after winning that lottery and then grab face value Night 1 tix off Ticketmaster over the summer. My sense is the general on-sale will be fine for one of the dates I'm considering (Portland) but might be tricky for the others (Seattle 2, if the Climate Pledge rumor stands up, and Philly 2 if a work thing happens for me). Thanks in advance! 
    In last year’s tour, there were very few face value tickets in the general on-sale. Most of what was left after the 10c lottery was the higher priced tickets. But the demand might not be as great this year since it was only 9 shows last year. The nice thing about 10c is you’re getting face value tickets if you get them, so couldn’t hurt to put in for them and see what happens, then try your luck at general on sale if you strike out.
    Thanks, JD8 and mpedone!
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 471
    Last year I was lucky enough to get tickets through the lottery, one GA night and one seated night. I had also signed up for the verified fan but like people have said, once you get in there the tickets disappear fast and aren't that great. You really just have to rely on the F2F. That has been a game-changer. I was able to upgrade like six times before getting really good seats. It's just a bummer that some states don't have the F2F available, they still allow reselling them at ridiculous prices, which is how I got screwed in 2022 going to Denver and having to sit in the nosebleeds. 

I think NY still allows that, so if you don't get tickets through the lottery for MSG this fall, you might be screwed. 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,194
    URthekey said:
    Got my OFF day activity all squared away …. Now let’s roll out those ON dates!!!

See you there. Just bought single GA as well
    See you in the pit boys!!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD), 9/15/24 (MA), 9/17/24 (MA)
  • Last year I was lucky enough to get tickets through the lottery, one GA night and one seated night. I had also signed up for the verified fan but like people have said, once you get in there the tickets disappear fast and aren't that great. You really just have to rely on the F2F. That has been a game-changer. I was able to upgrade like six times before getting really good seats. It's just a bummer that some states don't have the F2F available, they still allow reselling them at ridiculous prices, which is how I got screwed in 2022 going to Denver and having to sit in the nosebleeds. 

I think NY still allows that, so if you don't get tickets through the lottery for MSG this fall, you might be screwed. 
    Correct. There is no fan 2 fan for NYC, people will resell on stubhub for insane amounts. Even after the verified fan sale was over, unless you had gotten a verified code, you still were not allowed to buy any face value tix that dropped on TM, you could only buy the expensive platinum ones. 

I've never won a 10c lottery for a NYC show, and I no longer get verified. Hoping my luck changes this go around.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Verified fan registration page is coming. You know it is. So if u get shut out of 10c tix, be prepared to go the verified fan route. Just saying.
    Verified Fan is useless
    100% 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,441
    Last year I was lucky enough to get tickets through the lottery, one GA night and one seated night. I had also signed up for the verified fan but like people have said, once you get in there the tickets disappear fast and aren't that great. You really just have to rely on the F2F. That has been a game-changer. I was able to upgrade like six times before getting really good seats. It's just a bummer that some states don't have the F2F available, they still allow reselling them at ridiculous prices, which is how I got screwed in 2022 going to Denver and having to sit in the nosebleeds. 

Correct. There is no fan 2 fan for NYC, people will resell on stubhub for insane amounts. Even after the verified fan sale was over, unless you had gotten a verified code, you still were not allowed to buy any face value tix that dropped on TM, you could only buy the expensive platinum ones. 

I've never won a 10c lottery for a NYC show, and I no longer get verified. Hoping my luck changes this go around.
    So based on the fact that F2F was available for Chicago last year (which like NY, has a law prohibiting restrictions on ticket transferability), I suspect that F2F will actually be available for MSG as well. But like Chicago, since you can resell on the secondary market for way over face, I suspect the number of tickets popping up on F2F will be very limited. 
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 471
    edited February 5
    Here's where there needs to be some serious strategy. If I'm trying to go to the NYC and Philly shows, would it be wise to put both NYC nights as my top 2 priorities (since if I don't get it I'm stuck with the crazy prices)  in the lottery and the Philly nights 3rd and 4th priority since I can potentially get F2F tickets to the Philly shows? But I know NYC will have some serious demand, so it might be a lost cause anyway, and I should just focus all my effort on Philly. 

I guess it's not even worth stressing over at the moment, I'm just excited for the eventual announcement!
    Post edited by runstaples on
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    edited February 5
    Here's where there needs to be some serious strategy. If I'm trying to go to the NYC and Philly shows, would it be wise to put both NYC nights as my top 2 priorities (since if I don't get it I'm stuck with the crazy prices)  in the lottery and the Philly nights 3rd and 4th priority since I can potentially get F2F tickets to the Philly shows? But I know NYC will have some serious demand, so it might be a lost cause anyway, and I should just focus all my effort on Philly. 

I guess it's not even worth stressing over at the moment, I'm just excited for the eventual announcement!
    Yes. That's exactly what you should do.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    edited February 5
    Keep the subject above what is the general consenssus about these shows and their priority when the time comes.

London/berlin/Barcelona 

At first i was thinking of putting london as seating (both nights) as my 1st and 2nd priorities. After the general talk here i've decided to go as GA

Was thinking of putting Barcelona night 1 and 2 as 3rd and 4th as seating as i got it in 2018 but it was as 1st priority

Might put berlin as 5th and 6th as in the 2022 tour there was tickets available for a long time, it wasnt a super fast sold out .

London seems to be the hardest one right? What do u guys think of my way of thought? Some tips will be most welcomed
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Isoworld13Isoworld13 Posts: 223
    URthekey said:
    Got my OFF day activity all squared away …. Now let’s roll out those ON dates!!!

Did the same exact thing. got Sec 308 how bout you?

1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
    2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
    2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
    2022 MSG. Nashville
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    just_one said:
    Keep the subject above what is the general consenssus about these shows and their priority when the time comes.

London/berlin/Barcelona 

At first i was thinking of putting london as seating (both nights) as my 1st and 2nd priorities. After the general talk here i've decided to go as GA

Was thinking of putting Barcelona night 1 and 2 as 3rd and 4th as seating as i got it in 2018 but it was as 1st priority

Might put berlin as 5th and 6th as in the 2022 tour there was tickets available for a long time, it wasnt a super fast sold out .

London seems to be the hardest one right? What do u guys think of my way of thought? Some tips will be most welcomed
    Seats are always harder than GA in Europe, maybe swap London and barca?
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,762
    edited February 5
    URthekey said:

I think this is a great show to see from the heights. You’ll get a complete overview, but all that was available from presale was GA - so of course I snagged.
    + more room to dance.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    URthekey said:
    URthekey said:

I think this is a great show to see from the heights. You’ll get a complete overview, but all that was available when from presale was GA - so of course I snagged.
    + more room to dance.
    a friend of mine was just there seeing U2...he's a big Dead fan. He said that the seating is very steep and narrow so GA might be the only place to stand and move. He said very few people were standing for U2 because of that and that the visuals were so incredible you just wanted to sit and take it all in.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    just_one said:

London/berlin/Barcelona 

Good idea but isnt general sale for london harder than for barcelona?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    URthekey said:
    URthekey said:

I think this is a great show to see from the heights. You’ll get a complete overview, but all that was available from presale was GA - so of course I snagged.
    + more room to dance.
    Got a 100 level.  Would have preferred higher for the screen but I’m in for face value on the off night at least.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

London/berlin/Barcelona 

Probably and this year may be different as it's a shorter tour but the only place that I can remember being difficult for GA is Amsterdam 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    URthekey said:

I saw U2 from that section my first show. Be careful....lol
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

London/berlin/Barcelona 

Probably and this year may be different as it's a shorter tour but the only place that I can remember being difficult for GA is Amsterdam 
    Ideally i would prefer all seating but that seems really hard,specially london
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    URthekey said:
    URthekey said:

I think this is a great show to see from the heights. You’ll get a complete overview, but all that was available when from presale was GA - so of course I snagged.
    + more room to dance.
    a friend of mine was just there seeing U2...he's a big Dead fan. He said that the seating is very steep and narrow so GA might be the only place to stand and move. He said very few people were standing for U2 because of that and that the visuals were so incredible you just wanted to sit and take it all in.
    I saw 5 shows..2 in seats and 3 in GA. Seats really steep esp if Dead and Co fans are partaking.... that's why my last 3 shows were all GA. As long as you're not in 100s row 20 or further back you'll see plenty of screen 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

London/berlin/Barcelona 

I thought for Europe the hardest GA was the one with the golden circle for 10c only. 

Other then that the odds of GA is like 90% whereas the reserved seating was like below 50% and I only hit on one of the shows I put in for, my top priority..back in 2019 for the expected 2020 shows that never happened. 

Mostly Europe its much harder to get reserved seating since no one wants to be stuck on the floor which is the entire floor and not a partial floor like US.  So its a mad house front to back. Very gross.
  • I had a shitty work weekend. R we talking like this planning because any dates have been confirmed? 
    April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal                          May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008 Comcast Center, Mansfield     October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford                                 August 5, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston             September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston                          September 4, 2018 Fenway Park, Boston

June 22, 2024 Marlay Park, Dublin                 September 15, 2024 Fenway Park, Boston                        September 17, 2024 Fenway Park, Boston     

“If I had known then, what I know now."          “It makes much more sense to live in the present tense”   “There's an upside of down." 
    I had a shitty work weekend. R we talking like this planning because any dates have been confirmed? 
    No nothing confirmed but 

Its feb 6th here so if the annoucement really is feb 13th we are one week away
  • MattayMattay Posts: 35
    If there’s an Asian leg, then a Singapore gig would be so tempting!

• UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited February 6
    In 2020 Canada was a separate lottery from US.  So you could have a top priority for Canada and a separate top priority for US.
    Only makes sense if u have more than one Canadian show. 
    Van1
    Van2
    2 shows 
    So u want a seperate lottery for the 2 Van shows? 🤣 I’ll be making Vancouver my top choice in the NA lottery 😉
    Post edited by UseUrIllusions on
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Mattay said:
    If there’s an Asian leg, then a Singapore gig would be so tempting!

OMG, that’ll be the day! I’m from Singapore, but fully prepared to go to Aus this November for the shows.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    In 2020 Canada was a separate lottery from US.  So you could have a top priority for Canada and a separate top priority for US.
    Only makes sense if u have more than one Canadian show. 
    Van1
    Van2
    2 shows 
    So u want a seperate lottery for the 2 Van shows? 🤣 I’ll be making Vancouver my top choice in the NA lottery 😉
    I don’t have a preference.  Was just responding to someone saying there’s only one CDN show. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    On the subject of lottery priorities do the east coast US shows usually only go to first priority or can you be successful with second, third etc?
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    I'm a little confused about Waldbühne because I try to avoid as much hassle as possible with concerts. People are saying that there aren't any bad places in Waldbühne and if you have a chance you should experience it, but does anyone have experiences with how much in advance you need to get there to get decent seats? And when you get your seat you will have it without anyone taking it if you go get drinks or taking a toiletbreak? And I don't need to be on the floor/pit. Cheers everyone...hope we get an announcement soon...
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    I went to the other outdoor one can't spell it but it was absolutely fine to sit around the edges and move around and come back. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited February 6
    JABK said:
    I'm a little confused about Waldbühne because I try to avoid as much hassle as possible with concerts. People are saying that there aren't any bad places in Waldbühne and if you have a chance you should experience it, but does anyone have experiences with how much in advance you need to get there to get decent seats? And when you get your seat you will have it without anyone taking it if you go get drinks or taking a toiletbreak? And I don't need to be on the floor/pit. Cheers everyone...hope we get an announcement soon...
    Saw some things saying it may have changed to allocated areas so not sure if this is still true but ...

I've always went for 10C early entry but you don't need to if you go just after that there will still be plenty good seats just don't leave it too late or you may be way up the back 

People around you will keep your seat if you need to go to the bar or toilet and you will get a wristband or stamp if you are in the lower sections to let you back in 

It really is a fantastic venue I just hope they don't change it to allocated seats 
    Post edited by BlueLedbetter on
This discussion has been closed.