The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    Sphere is tempting because I'd love to be able to say I was at the last Dead & Co show
  • radarradar Posts: 771
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:
    Dead & Co. just confirmed at least 15 shows for the Sphere in Vegas.  No dates yet. 
    Excited to see U2 there next week 
    +1. My show is on Wednesday 
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    How does it work at Waldbühne? Do you need to stay at your place once you get there or how does it work? Or do you get a stamp for each section?
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 374
    JABK said:
    How does it work at Waldbühne? Do you need to stay at your place once you get there or how does it work? Or do you get a stamp for each section?
    They close sections but you get stamped and can go get some beers, food, toilet, etc
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    edited January 31
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Tickets in the UK have in the past been pretty much guaranteed. Never failed yet.....its always made the tenclub membership 100% worth it to avoid battling the shit show that is the general release with ticketmaster
    i usually go for seating but for london i will try GA because of that.

berlin are all GA

for barcelona i will try seating (got them in 2018)
    Regarding Berlin. Will TC-tickets get you into a better section or is it like Wuhlheide where you have to show up early?
    You have to show up early and take advantage of the early entry with 10c tickets. 
    Wouldn‘t count on it this time. Waldbühne tends to sell blocks and seats recently. Wouldn‘t be surprised if GA and seating are separate for Berlin this time.
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Posts: 347
    that day at the studio of jimmy fallon show was one of the best things i ever experience in my life..
    we was 30 pj fans and they put us behind the band...i could touch Matt head,was so close...
    they played Mother from Pink floyd 3 times and then infront of us the band start talking which version they liked better so to keep for the show...that was wow to watch how everyone has a saying ..Mike was so funny saying i nailed ikt all 3 times keep any version u want..

Ole was played first time ever ,was very powerful..
    and All night was super fun..
    the stage manager of the show  change our potition after each song,so im different spots behind at every son
    most cool part,i was wearing a shrt saying  "I SAW PEARL JAM " 
    Eddie walks on stage,return back looks at me and says to me:
    'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"
    and then they start playing.

I wore a Mudhoney shirt to PJ in memphis. Ed looked my direction and put his eyes over his brow to see better. I pointed at my shirt. He nodded and clapped his hands.

I saw Mudhoney a couple months ago at a little bar with about 100 people. It was pretty rocking and I kept thinking about how they ALSO play before PJ so many times for thousands of people (had never seen them before).

That's cool about Jimmy Fallon, I remember seeing you in the crowd when it aired! Crazy it's been that long.
    Two of the times I've seen Mudhoney were in Nashville. Once at Jack White's Third Man Records. During their set, Jack White comes out, and he's just enjoying the music, like ten or so feet away.
     And another at the Basement East. During the opener, I look to my right, and there's Mark Arm, just hanging out like ten feet away, enjoying the music.
    Made me feel good that these guys are still fans of live shows and good music.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Tickets in the UK have in the past been pretty much guaranteed. Never failed yet.....its always made the tenclub membership 100% worth it to avoid battling the shit show that is the general release with ticketmaster

berlin are all GA

Regarding Berlin. Will TC-tickets get you into a better section or is it like Wuhlheide where you have to show up early?
    You have to show up early and take advantage of the early entry with 10c tickets. 
    Wouldn‘t count on it this time. Waldbühne tends to sell blocks and seats recently. Wouldn‘t be surprised if GA and seating are separate for Berlin this time.
    Interesting 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:

berlin are all GA

Interesting 
    If true, that might change my plan.
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    CopperTom said:
    JackD. said:
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:

berlin are all GA

Interesting 
    If true, that might change my plan.
    Me too love it there great seats if  you go early 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    CM189191 said:
    Does anyone here have insight into terrestrial radio playlists?

If Pearl Jam were planning to play a particular city in an upcoming tour, would they petition the local radio stations to increase airplay to sell tix?

Just wondering, as I feel like I've been hearing Pearl Jam on the local radio stations more frequently lately.  

That Pearl Jam is on the radio again. 

Twice in one day. 

On a station that might normally play Pearl Jam twice in a month.

...radio dj made sure to mention Vitalogy's 30th anniversary is coming up....
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,322
    CM189191 said:
    BF25394 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Does anyone here have insight into terrestrial radio playlists?

If Pearl Jam were planning to play a particular city in an upcoming tour, would they petition the local radio stations to increase airplay to sell tix?

Just wondering, as I feel like I've been hearing Pearl Jam on the local radio stations more frequently lately.  
    Pearl Jam would not petition anyone. A record company would "work" the band to radio, but Pearl Jam doesn't have a record company anymore.

Pearl Jam has a record company: Monkeywrench

Why wouldn't they want to push their songs to radio ahead of a tour announcement? 
    It's not a record company. It's a vanity label. They arrange distribution through a major, but they do not have dedicated people working their music to radio like they did when they were with Epic.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited January 31
    radar said:
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:
    Dead & Co. just confirmed at least 15 shows for the Sphere in Vegas.  No dates yet. 
    Have GA for Wednesday 2/7 and this morning I snagged a Red Zone for 2/10 on F2F. Hoping to find a good face value seat for 2/7 and drop the GA.

Also doing Wu-Tang on friday night. Just found out there's a $2,500 VIP package to play a hand of blackjack with "members" of the group lol 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    edited January 31
    SHZA said:
    radar said:
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:
    Have GA for Wednesday 2/7 and this morning I snagged a Red Zone for 2/10 on F2F. Hoping to find a good face value seat for 2/7 and drop the GA. Also doing Wu-Tang on friday night 
    Enjoy those shows. A friend invited me along for GA VIP at the Sphere in early December but I couldn’t make it work on short notice. Gutted.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688
    Psst is out.  Must be for the single though
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    Jamer196 said:
    Poncier said:
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:
    This Saturday night for me.

Going on March 1 & 2. Cannot wait!
    18 Feb for me 😁
    Me too, though it’ll be my second 😬
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • johanypmajohanypma Posts: 70
    SHZA said:
    radar said:
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:
    Have GA for Wednesday 2/7 and this morning I snagged a Red Zone for 2/10 on F2F. Hoping to find a good face value seat for 2/7 and drop the GA.

Also doing Wu-Tang on friday night. Just found out there's a $2,500 VIP package to play a hand of blackjack with "members" of the group lol 
    Have RZ for 2/7. Can’t wait
    Now that we know the title, I am comfortable sharing that the proposed title I was told by Josh K. in June was Eclipse. He also mentioned that it was also discussed that they could do a show in or near Niagara Falls or Buffalo in connection with the solar eclipse on April 8, as that area is in the path of totality. He had the album artwork he suggested in connection with the title on his phone.

Oddly enough, I was on my way to an astronomy lecture when I ran into him. We talked a bit about astronomy. It turns out they went in a different astronomical direction.
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    edited February 1
    BF25394 said:
    Now that we know the title, I am comfortable sharing that the proposed title I was told by Josh K. in June was Eclipse. He also mentioned that it was also discussed that they could do a show in or near Niagara Falls or Buffalo in connection with the solar eclipse on April 8, as that area is in the path of totality. He had the album artwork he suggested in connection with the title on his phone.

Oddly enough, I was on my way to an astronomy lecture when I ran into him. We talked a bit about astronomy. It turns out they went in a different astronomical direction.
    Hotels in the Buffalo area have been booked up for months due to the eclipse. Traveling for a Pearl jam show would have been challenging for most. Too bad it didn't happen as I happen to be bringing my family there to experience the totality event. 
    verceman said:
    BF25394 said:

Hotels in the Buffalo area have been booked up for months due to the eclipse. Traveling for a Pearl jam show would have been challenging for most. Too bad it didn't happen as I happen to be bringing my family there to experience the totality event. 
    Always have a backup plan for totality and check the forecast religiously as it approaches.  Clouds are a risk for sure.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

verceman said:
    BF25394 said:

The longer they went without announcing anything, the less likely I figured this theoretical show was because they were leaving no time for planning, which would be necessary for the reasons you allude to. Bear in mind that I was told about this seven months ago, and presumably it was something that had been discussed within the band prior to that, so they could have, in theory, put this on the table quite a while ago if it were actually going to to be a thing.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    radar said:
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:
    I am standing in GA 3 rows deep from the rail as I type this. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    pjl44 said:
    Sphere is tempting because I'd love to be able to say I was at the last Dead & Co show
    As my friend said to me when we were at the Final Tour stop in San Francisco last summer “There’s no such thing as a last Dead show”.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    The Sphere was good.   I did wonder, would bands still play it, even if they weren't going to do a residency, and it didn't make sense to spend the $$'s to make videos to fully utilize the screen?

The venue itself is amazing.   It was the most basic stage setup I've ever seen for U2.  A stage that looked like a turntable. Stage was reasonable size.  The venue is made for music.  All the seats face the stage, all the gear is built into the venue.  Sound is phenomenal.  Technically I think it would be a pretty good venue for concerts even if you didn't fully utilize the screen.    If it's nhl/nba arena vs sphere with limited use of the screen, sphere still wins.
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,478
    that day at the studio of jimmy fallon show was one of the best things i ever experience in my life..
    we was 30 pj fans and they put us behind the band...i could touch Matt head,was so close...
    they played Mother from Pink floyd 3 times and then infront of us the band start talking which version they liked better so to keep for the show...that was wow to watch how everyone has a saying ..Mike was so funny saying i nailed ikt all 3 times keep any version u want..

Ole was played first time ever ,was very powerful..
    and All night was super fun..
    the stage manager of the show  change our potition after each song,so im different spots behind at every son
    most cool part,i was wearing a shrt saying  "I SAW PEARL JAM " 
    Eddie walks on stage,return back looks at me and says to me:
    'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"
    and then they start playing.

Great story
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
    I had a dream that I woke up today and there was an email that said “Tour”.

Ah well, not the first dream that hasn’t come true!

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    If you haven’t booked your Vegas hotels and flights, you gotta book now

On top of PJ and EDC… Dead and Company just announced Sphere shows the same days/weekend
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    edited February 1
    I had a dream that I woke up today and there was an email that said “Tour”.

Ah well, not the first dream that hasn’t come true!
    I come to the same realization every time I have a dream about Kate Upton.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,771
    JimmyV said:
    Always try to have fun with it. The longer we wait, the longer we can hope for a Hartford show. 

THIS.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    If you haven’t booked your Vegas hotels and flights, you gotta book now

On top of PJ and EDC… Dead and Company just announced Sphere shows the same days/weekend
    Good call out.

Actually was $50 cheaper today compared to last week.  So that's a win.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    BF25394 said:

This is would have been cool. Also understand now why you were vague. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
This discussion has been closed.