The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    CM189191 said:
    Does anyone here have insight into terrestrial radio playlists?

If Pearl Jam were planning to play a particular city in an upcoming tour, would they petition the local radio stations to increase airplay to sell tix?

Just wondering, as I feel like I've been hearing Pearl Jam on the local radio stations more frequently lately.  
    I can't imagine that would be necessary. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • nshansha Posts: 6
    What are the chances of getting tickets to a UK show and being part of the ten club? 

First time trying to get tickets for pearl jam. Hoping to see them in manchester! 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    edited January 31
    nsha said:
    What are the chances of getting tickets to a UK show and being part of the ten club? 

First time trying to get tickets for pearl jam. Hoping to see them in manchester! 
    You will have another chance at getting tickets if you join 10c, provided you do this before the tour is announced. The cut of date is usually 2 or 3 days prior to the announcement being made. I don't think the UK shows have been tough tickets for 10c members in the past, club gigs aside. 
    Ultimately, chances depend on how many other members put in for the show vs how many tickets 10c get.

Post edited by ilockyer on
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    nsha said:

Almost guaranteed for GA unless they do a small golden circle. Reserved will be tough.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Tickets in the UK have in the past been pretty much guaranteed. Never failed yet.....its always made the tenclub membership 100% worth it to avoid battling the shit show that is the general release with ticketmaster
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    that day at the studio of jimmy fallon show was one of the best things i ever experience in my life..
    we was 30 pj fans and they put us behind the band...i could touch Matt head,was so close...
    they played Mother from Pink floyd 3 times and then infront of us the band start talking which version they liked better so to keep for the show...that was wow to watch how everyone has a saying ..Mike was so funny saying i nailed ikt all 3 times keep any version u want..

Ole was played first time ever ,was very powerful..
    and All night was super fun..
    the stage manager of the show  change our potition after each song,so im different spots behind at every son
    most cool part,i was wearing a shrt saying  "I SAW PEARL JAM " 
    Eddie walks on stage,return back looks at me and says to me:
    'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"
    and then they start playing.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,323
    CM189191 said:

If Pearl Jam were planning to play a particular city in an upcoming tour, would they petition the local radio stations to increase airplay to sell tix?

Just wondering, as I feel like I've been hearing Pearl Jam on the local radio stations more frequently lately.  
    Pearl Jam would not petition anyone. A record company would "work" the band to radio, but Pearl Jam doesn't have a record company anymore.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    that day at the studio of jimmy fallon show was one of the best things i ever experience in my life..
    we was 30 pj fans and they put us behind the band...i could touch Matt head,was so close...
    they played Mother from Pink floyd 3 times and then infront of us the band start talking which version they liked better so to keep for the show...that was wow to watch how everyone has a saying ..Mike was so funny saying i nailed ikt all 3 times keep any version u want..

the stage manager of the show  change our potition after each song,so im different spots behind at every son
    'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"

So great! Would love to  have the chance some day!

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    pdalowsky said:
    Tickets in the UK have in the past been pretty much guaranteed. Never failed yet.....its always made the tenclub membership 100% worth it to avoid battling the shit show that is the general release with ticketmaster
    i usually go for seating but for london i will try GA because of that.

berlin are all GA

for barcelona i will try seating (got them in 2018)
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Posts: 347

'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"

I wore a Mudhoney shirt to PJ in memphis. Ed looked my direction and put his eyes over his brow to see better. I pointed at my shirt. He nodded and clapped his hands.

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426

'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"

awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688

'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"

Awesome!
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938

'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"

Yessir, I remember watching it air on TV for the first time and spying you rocking in the background crowd w/ the other PJ fans :rock_on: #hailhail
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    I love that “I saw your shirt” story.  Priceless.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • that day at the studio of jimmy fallon show was one of the best things i ever experience in my life..

'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"

I wore a Mudhoney shirt to PJ in memphis. Ed looked my direction and put his eyes over his brow to see better. I pointed at my shirt. He nodded and clapped his hands.

I saw Mudhoney a couple months ago at a little bar with about 100 people. It was pretty rocking and I kept thinking about how they ALSO play before PJ so many times for thousands of people (had never seen them before).

That's cool about Jimmy Fallon, I remember seeing you in the crowd when it aired! Crazy it's been that long.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Dead & Co. just confirmed at least 15 shows for the Sphere in Vegas.  No dates yet. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    JojoRice said:
    Dead & Co. just confirmed at least 15 shows for the Sphere in Vegas.  No dates yet. 
    Excited to see U2 there next week 
    JojoRice said:
    I guess this is exciting, especially if it dovetails with PJ in LV.  (Book your room now - can’t imagine the price goes down when the Deadheads start booking.)

I do feel a little ripped off by their last tour ever last year.  Yes, technically a residency is not a tour, and it’s great the music will continue, but that was a pretty shady ploy.  Legal, yeah, but unethical in my opinion, not that they care what I think.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,465

'I SAW YOUR SHIRT"

Epic
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    JojoRice said:
    I guess this is exciting, especially if it dovetails with PJ in LV.  (Book your room now - can’t imagine the price goes down when the Deadheads start booking.)

I do feel a little ripped off by their last tour ever last year.  Yes, technically a residency is not a tour, and it’s great the music will continue, but that was a pretty shady ploy.  Legal, yeah, but unethical in my opinion, not that they care what I think.  
    Right away they said they planned to continue playing some shows together, just that this would be the last full tour they’d be committing to between Billy’s health (which he ended up not being part of the tour anyway) and John wanting to be able to spend more time on his solo career, etc. I expect that in years to come they’ll get together for their annual Mexico weekend as well.

So i don’t feel ripped off at all. Especially with how good the tour last year was (the weekend at Wrigley most of all)!
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    Especially because the gap is so short, they were probably already in talks with the Sphere before the final tour ended. If a band does a farewell and then changes their minds 4 years later that’s one thing, but knowing where you next run of shows will be WHILE on farewell tour is pretty lame.
  • Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 79
    edited February 2
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:

berlin are all GA

Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022, Barcelona x 2 2024
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:

berlin are all GA

Regarding Berlin. Will TC-tickets get you into a better section or is it like Wuhlheide where you have to show up early?
    You have to show up early and take advantage of the early entry with 10c tickets. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    BF25394 said:
    CM189191 said:

Pearl Jam would not petition anyone. A record company would "work" the band to radio, but Pearl Jam doesn't have a record company anymore.

Pearl Jam has a record company: Monkeywrench

Why wouldn't they want to push their songs to radio ahead of a tour announcement? 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    CM189191 said:

I can't imagine that would be necessary. 
    No? Why not?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
     ..Mike was so funny saying i nailed it all 3 times keep any version u want..

Gotta love Mike. (And I'm sure he did nail it all 3 times).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:
    This Saturday night for me.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:

Going on March 1 & 2. Cannot wait!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

kmcmanus said:
    Especially because the gap is so short, they were probably already in talks with the Sphere before the final tour ended. If a band does a farewell and then changes their minds 4 years later that’s one thing, but knowing where you next run of shows will be WHILE on farewell tour is pretty lame.
    Thank you.  Everyone else seems to be an apologist for them.  

If they have a show that’s within the window of the PJ shows, I’m not saying I wouldn’t go if a ticket is available for a reasonable price, but it was still cheesy the way this happened.  

• Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 374
    Poncier said:
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:

Going on March 1 & 2. Cannot wait!
    18 Feb for me 😁
This discussion has been closed.