Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Just hoping we don’t get 5-7 new songs on a 24 song set. 3 new songs is fine. Some of the 2022 shows were so gigaton and ten heavy. 2023 was perfect
    I am in the opposite camp. Saw three Gigaton shows between 2022 and 2023, but only got to hear five tracks combined from the album. That was disappointing. Love the old stuff, but I do still want to hear the new stuff.
    I was really looking forward to them when the album came out. And I ended up getting all of them except for Comes Then Goes. But I got a lot of them repeatedly (8 times for DOTC). So it got to the point where I dreaded it every time they'd start to play one, especially with the shorter setlists. That just meant one less chance for a rarity.
    I hear you. Repeats were an issue. By luck of the draw I got Who Ever Said, DOTC and Seven O'clock all more than once. 

Still hoping to hear Retrograde in particular and some of the others.
    I only made it to 1 Gigaton show (woulda been 2 but Indy…) and those are the exact 3 I got. I hope QE and Retrograde survive to the next tour because those were the 2 I was really hoping for.
    I'm probably the odd man out on QE...it just doesn't do much for me. Retrograde is great. 
    I always feel like the odd man out...cause retrograde is mid for me.

I wasn't a fan either until I saw it live at Ohana. Nice opener!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,533
    Is Buckle Up a nod to Ralph Nader?
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    Is Buckle Up a nod to Ralph Nader?
    Well, a lot of people here definitely seem to be of the opinion that the song is unsafe at any speed...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    DF220512DF220512 Greeley, CO Posts: 13

Pearl Jam May 16, 18th
    Melanie Martinez May 17th
    Dead and Company May 16,17,18th
    EDC Festival May 17, 18, 19th
    Maroon 5 Residency - May 17, 18th

Absolutely loaded weekend
    Don’t forget Santana. That was my original plan… he’s there that weekend too. 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    verceman said:
    BF25394 said:
    Now that we know the title, I am comfortable sharing that the proposed title I was told by Josh K. in June was Eclipse. He also mentioned that it was also discussed that they could do a show in or near Niagara Falls or Buffalo in connection with the solar eclipse on April 8, as that area is in the path of totality. He had the album artwork he suggested in connection with the title on his phone.

Oddly enough, I was on my way to an astronomy lecture when I ran into him. We talked a bit about astronomy. It turns out they went in a different astronomical direction.
    Hotels in the Buffalo area have been booked up for months due to the eclipse. Traveling for a Pearl jam show would have been challenging for most. Too bad it didn't happen as I happen to be bringing my family there to experience the totality event. 
    Always have a backup plan for totality and check the forecast religiously as it approaches.  Clouds are a risk for sure.  
    Good suggestions. Not sure how far we will be  able to drive away to avoid clouds if there is overcast skies in Buffalo. Doesn't cloud cover usually span quite a distance? We're driving up from New Jersey on Friday and our plan is basically to hit Niagara Falls and Anchor Bar for the weekend and hope for good weather on the 8th. 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    verceman said:
    verceman said:
    BF25394 said:
    Now that we know the title, I am comfortable sharing that the proposed title I was told by Josh K. in June was Eclipse. He also mentioned that it was also discussed that they could do a show in or near Niagara Falls or Buffalo in connection with the solar eclipse on April 8, as that area is in the path of totality. He had the album artwork he suggested in connection with the title on his phone.

Oddly enough, I was on my way to an astronomy lecture when I ran into him. We talked a bit about astronomy. It turns out they went in a different astronomical direction.
    Hotels in the Buffalo area have been booked up for months due to the eclipse. Traveling for a Pearl jam show would have been challenging for most. Too bad it didn't happen as I happen to be bringing my family there to experience the totality event. 
    Always have a backup plan for totality and check the forecast religiously as it approaches.  Clouds are a risk for sure.  
    Good suggestions. Not sure how far we will be  able to drive away to avoid clouds if there is overcast skies in Buffalo. Doesn't cloud cover usually span quite a distance? We're driving up from New Jersey on Friday and our plan is basically to hit Niagara Falls and Anchor Bar for the weekend and hope for good weather on the 8th. 
    It does, but is usually coming off of lake Erie. Erie PA down to Cleveland or across the bridge to Toronto may be alternates (I don't know where totality is expected so maybe not). 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,497
    verceman said:
    verceman said:
    BF25394 said:

It’s very tricky to stick the landing when the forecast is questionable.  For the 2017 eclipse my son and I drove to the intersection between I-75 and I-70 the day before the eclipse and pored over various weather forecasts at a Bob Evans before deciding the viewing location with the best forecast for the next day.  At that point we decided to head west on the 70 and placed our bet on Clarksville, TN which was perfect.  I forget what place we had been planning on prior to that but I recall seeing that whatever it was, the people there only saw a cloud.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    verceman said:
    verceman said:
    BF25394 said:

It’s very tricky to stick the landing when the forecast is questionable.  For the 2017 eclipse my son and I drove to the intersection between I-75 and I-70 the day before the eclipse and pored over various weather forecasts at a Bob Evans before deciding the viewing location with the best forecast for the next day.  At that point we decided to head west on the 70 and placed our bet on Clarksville, TN which was perfect.  I forget what place we had been planning on prior to that but I recall seeing that whatever it was, the people there only saw a cloud.  
    OK cool I was thinking we would be SIL if it was cloudy and to just be ok with that, but your story is helpful! 
  • Options
    verceman said:
    verceman said:
    verceman said:
    BF25394 said:

OK cool I was thinking we would be SIL if it was cloudy and to just be ok with that, but your story is helpful! 
    There won’t be another one of these for decades.  Gotta give yourself the best shot you can.  The key is stay flexible as much as possible as long as possible on the location.  Buffalo is a great place to be that morning because you can go hundreds of miles east or west by 3pm depending on the forecast.  I may end up in Buffalo as well for that very reason.

It was completely awesome in 2017 and the only down side is it’s really short and unless you have professional grade equipment there’s no great way to get a good picture of it.  

Since this is a PJ forum, the connection to PJ of my 2017 trip is that on the radio on the way back is when the news of the Let’s Play Two record broke.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    As per the PJ website Bottlerock is sold out.  So let’s go with US tour dates now! 

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,966
    It's just starting to hit me they're playing a new album on the tour!!!! And the first stop is in my hometown! I am super excited!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    Spunkie said:
    It's just starting to hit me they're playing a new album on the tour!!!! And the first stop is in my hometown! I am super excited!
    Me too! Except for I don't live in Vancouver. But, otherwise, me too!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ^me neither anymore! But closest city my province gets big acts in!  

I'm so happy the guys are gonna bring there new sweet sounds soon!
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    mpedone said:
    100 Pacer said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is it typically harder to score Seattle tickets through 10C than other cities? We have traveled several times for PJ shows but haven't done Seattle yet and would like to this time around. We would most likely put in for seats for both nights. Thanks in advance! 
    People were getting Chicago as a 7th pick last year. 

If they get the same amount of tickets and don’t botch the lotto again you should be good with reserved for both nights as your first and second picks. 
    Would depend on the venue though, Chicago’s arena seats more than most arenas do. United Center’s stated concert capacity is 6,000 more than Climate Pledge Arena’s. But still, especially with more shows this year than last, you should be able to get 10C tix for both.
    Now we know why so many people got nose bleed seats! 

I find it interesting that the UC is able to add 2500 seats for a concert vs a hockey game but Climate Pledge can only add 100. 

Back on discussion I guess. Anyone got those Seattle dates locked down?

Yo! Those seats were awful!

I would prefer to see fewer 10C seats but better seat locations...even if that means I miss out on a getting drawn for a show. Waaaayyyy too many 10C in the 300's that could have ended up purchased for face/close to face.

But I don't expect that at all.
    You're telling me that as a member, if I put my name in a draw, they could stick me with the shit tickets. Jesus. Guess it's GA or nothing.
    What’s your membership number? If you’re a relatively new member you might be better off waiting until the lottery and public on sale conclude before attempting on F2F. 
    Oh it's the shits. I renew membership when I feel my voice may contribute to the community.deb1211 said:
    My number sucks since I let it lapse years ago but I just do the lottery and then sell after I score better seats on f2f. Hopefully it keeps working 
    I hear this often. Some of us like Tyler/1ThoughtUnKnown has had housing insecurities over the years, or no/poor credit, making renewals a luxury.

Remember when we used to get names like "Ghosts" when they counted our posts? Maybe the 10 Club administrators/benefacticiaries who have had a financial secure life need to revisit how we value members. Or count when we initially joined, not when we were able to pay?

I'm in this same boat. Was a member back in 2003, but life got in the way. Rejoined in 2016 (fortunately before the more recent glut of memberships). Now have a 400K number. Got lucky in the Fenway lottery in 2018 and ended up in the 2nd row, but usually our seats aren't great. Decent-but-nothing-special. Got lucky in the "re-lottery" for the postponed 2020 show in Hamilton, but other than that, we're usually on the far side of whatever venue we're in. Been lucky to be in the lower bowl, but still pretty far away.
    Managed to snag a couple of pairs of F2F tickets for the doomed Baltimore show in 2020. That took literal HOURS of refreshing and rushing through the checkout process (and at odd times of day). It all depends on the venue and the date (Baltimore was a tiny venue on a Saturday, with 0 shows in the Boston or Philly area, so demand was pretty high), but it is doable.
    Fair warning, though, if you go secondary market (whatever that looks like) for Fenway, it might be worth taking an extra minute to take a good look at where the seat actually is. There is a non-zero chance you will be directly behind a large steel pole. Fun!
    Curious to see what demand will be like for Baltimore with Philly and Fenway shows as well.

The rumored dates for Fenway seem pretty terrible. Sunday and Tuesday in September. That's our local show, but we'll probably only be able to get to Sunday, as my partner is a professor and has to teach clinical Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, so a show in Boston Tuesday night is a non-starter for us. Philly is better, as there's a Saturday in there, but Saturday-Monday in September isn't great either. On the other hand, Baltimore is on a Thursday. I think it will still be tough (smaller venue and people not wanting to miss out on the non-makeup makeup date), but I'm guessing not as crazy as 2020. I think that of the NYC-Philly-Baltimore-Boston swing, Philly on Saturday is going to be the hardest get.
    Does everyone else think Philly on Saturday will be the hardest to get?  I asked this several pages back but was wondering what everyone thought.  I can only do one city and am down to NYC or Philly.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,370
    I had a dream that I woke up today and there was an email that said “Tour”.

Ah well, not the first dream that hasn’t come true!
    You're not the only one this happens to ;)
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    MM70435 said:
    mpedone said:
    100 Pacer said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is it typically harder to score Seattle tickets through 10C than other cities? We have traveled several times for PJ shows but haven't done Seattle yet and would like to this time around. We would most likely put in for seats for both nights. Thanks in advance! 

If they get the same amount of tickets and don’t botch the lotto again you should be good with reserved for both nights as your first and second picks. 
    Would depend on the venue though, Chicago’s arena seats more than most arenas do. United Center’s stated concert capacity is 6,000 more than Climate Pledge Arena’s. But still, especially with more shows this year than last, you should be able to get 10C tix for both.

I find it interesting that the UC is able to add 2500 seats for a concert vs a hockey game but Climate Pledge can only add 100. 

I would prefer to see fewer 10C seats but better seat locations...even if that means I miss out on a getting drawn for a show. Waaaayyyy too many 10C in the 300's that could have ended up purchased for face/close to face.

You're telling me that as a member, if I put my name in a draw, they could stick me with the shit tickets. Jesus. Guess it's GA or nothing.
    What’s your membership number? If you’re a relatively new member you might be better off waiting until the lottery and public on sale conclude before attempting on F2F. 
    Oh it's the shits. I renew membership when I feel my voice may contribute to the community.deb1211 said:
    My number sucks since I let it lapse years ago but I just do the lottery and then sell after I score better seats on f2f. Hopefully it keeps working 
    I hear this often. Some of us like Tyler/1ThoughtUnKnown has had housing insecurities over the years, or no/poor credit, making renewals a luxury.

Remember when we used to get names like "Ghosts" when they counted our posts? Maybe the 10 Club administrators/benefacticiaries who have had a financial secure life need to revisit how we value members. Or count when we initially joined, not when we were able to pay?

I'm in this same boat. Was a member back in 2003, but life got in the way. Rejoined in 2016 (fortunately before the more recent glut of memberships). Now have a 400K number. Got lucky in the Fenway lottery in 2018 and ended up in the 2nd row, but usually our seats aren't great. Decent-but-nothing-special. Got lucky in the "re-lottery" for the postponed 2020 show in Hamilton, but other than that, we're usually on the far side of whatever venue we're in. Been lucky to be in the lower bowl, but still pretty far away.
    Managed to snag a couple of pairs of F2F tickets for the doomed Baltimore show in 2020. That took literal HOURS of refreshing and rushing through the checkout process (and at odd times of day). It all depends on the venue and the date (Baltimore was a tiny venue on a Saturday, with 0 shows in the Boston or Philly area, so demand was pretty high), but it is doable.
    Fair warning, though, if you go secondary market (whatever that looks like) for Fenway, it might be worth taking an extra minute to take a good look at where the seat actually is. There is a non-zero chance you will be directly behind a large steel pole. Fun!
    Curious to see what demand will be like for Baltimore with Philly and Fenway shows as well.

The rumored dates for Fenway seem pretty terrible. Sunday and Tuesday in September. That's our local show, but we'll probably only be able to get to Sunday, as my partner is a professor and has to teach clinical Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, so a show in Boston Tuesday night is a non-starter for us. Philly is better, as there's a Saturday in there, but Saturday-Monday in September isn't great either. On the other hand, Baltimore is on a Thursday. I think it will still be tough (smaller venue and people not wanting to miss out on the non-makeup makeup date), but I'm guessing not as crazy as 2020. I think that of the NYC-Philly-Baltimore-Boston swing, Philly on Saturday is going to be the hardest get.
    Does everyone else think Philly on Saturday will be the hardest to get?  I asked this several pages back but was wondering what everyone thought.  I can only do one city and am down to NYC or Philly.
    Just a guess, but I'd assume MSG will be the most difficult.  Then probably Philly. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,672
    MM70435 said:
    mpedone said:
    100 Pacer said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

Just a guess, but I'd assume MSG will be the most difficult.  Then probably Philly. 
    I would assume Philly.  But then again, the two shows last year at the United Center had tons of seats available.  

MSG tickets will be readily available, but priced at resale prices via StubHub.  Philly will be locked into the F2F prices
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
    MSG had the toughest odds in 2016. 

With the scalpers being involved now I would guess it’s even harder. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,089
    I wish the lottery system still showed the odds like it used to. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    JojoRice said:
    #SteinerMath
    https://youtu.be/msDuNZyYAIQ?t=28
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,089
    JojoRice said:
    #SteinerMath
    Big Poppa Pump spittin' facts!!  I should show this to my students when they are doing their math. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    #SteinerMath
    Big Poppa Pump spittin' facts!!  I should show this to my students when they are doing their math. 
    PLEASE RECORD THAT!
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,332
    JojoRice said:
    Same- that was a helpful tool. I also wish there was still a GA only option. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471
    MM70435 said:
    mpedone said:
    100 Pacer said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

Yes Philly on a Saturday night no doubt is the one to go for! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Theo Epstein is apparently back with the Red Sox. Odds he makes an appearance on stage at the Fenway shows?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    MSG had the toughest odds in 2016. 

With the scalpers being involved now I would guess it’s even harder. 

Still worried about these guys? Wasn't there already an effective genocide?
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 707
    mpedone said:
    Theo Epstein is apparently back with the Red Sox. Odds he makes an appearance on stage at the Fenway shows?
  • Options
    MM70435 said:
    mpedone said:
    100 Pacer said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

Springsteen is playing that week in Bmore too so there will be plenty of people parlaying a mid atlantic roadtrip
  • Options
    annah52annah52 Spain Posts: 1
    edited February 2
    Hi! first time trying to get PJ tickets through the TC and I need some extra info 😅
    I'll try to get GA tickets for Barcelona, can anyone tell me how the TC tickets system usually works, including lottery process, please? 
    Is the lottery system mandatory for all the concerts? 
    Is there early entrance with TC tickets? 
    Sorry for all these silly questions (I Know) but help me please 😂😂
    Thanx a lot!
    Post edited by annah52 on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,648
    The process changes a bit on every tour.  Just be sure to read the instructions carefully when the email goes out.  You'll have days/a week before you need to enter so don't be in a huge hurry to submit. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
This discussion has been closed.