• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964
    Alright have Vegas flights and hotel MGM all Booked. May 16-19,

LETS GO
    same here! MGM Park for me

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    SHZA said:
    LukinAtU said:

now if the band will do their part and announce
    Costco had a couple of sales on $500 SW gift cards for $430, limit of 5 per member per sale. I bought 10 and booked all my domestic flights to lock in the rates. No change fees if the announced dates wind up being different 
    I've never flown Southwest. I've always been afraid. The last 20 years, I will only book a flight if I can get aisle seat exit row, or first class. And from what I understand, SW doesn't let you pick your seats, or the way you can seems confusing for a newbie.
    I'll  chime in on this too... I fly SW almost exclusively. It is always the less expensive domestic option for me and I always end up in a window or aisle seat in the first 10 rows. Kind of like with my PJ reserved seats.
    Not hard to do without paying for the early bird option.
  • deb1211 said:
    I saw that ancient phone picture and thought it was an album cover for a second 😆 🤣 That's looks like the phone this guy I liked had in middle school in the corvette his parents gave him 
    I thought it was a nod to Michael Douglas in Wallstreet or Paul E Dangerously the wrestling manager.
  • DEGBTI said:
    Alright have Vegas flights and hotel MGM all Booked. May 16-19,

LETS GO
    same here! MGM Park for me

I might have a technical training class in Vegas when those shows take place .. nothing better than company paying for flights, hotels, meals etc and see a couple of shows while there.
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft. Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023) | Portland, OR (May 10, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 16, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 18, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 28, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 30, 2024) | Manchester (June 25, 2024) | Missoula (August 22, 2024) | Indianapolis (August 26, 2024) | Chicago (August 31, 2024) | Philadelphia (September 09, 2024) | Baltimore (September 12, 2024)
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Posts: 347
    deb1211 said:
    I saw that ancient phone picture and thought it was an album cover for a second 😆 🤣 That's looks like the phone this guy I liked had in middle school in the corvette his parents gave him 
    I thought it was a nod to Michael Douglas in Wallstreet or Paul E Dangerously the wrestling manager.
    I appreciate you bringing up the Dangerous Alliance
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • FBechFBech Posts: 43
    Hello, I am recent menber of the forum and I am thinking about going to Berlin, can we know for sure that these rumours are accurate?
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,725
    FBech said:
    Hello, I am recent menber of the forum and I am thinking about going to Berlin, can we know for sure that these rumours are accurate?
    Nothing is official until it's official, but the sources have been correct thus far on 2024 shows. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    FBech said:
    You can't be sure until it is officially announced. But if you really want to know, invest a few hours. Read this thread from the beginning. You will get a good sense of what is frivolous, what is clueless, and what is very likely true and reliable. Then you can decide for yourself what to believe to help you make decisions.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Saturday rooms at the MGM are off the charts 
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    deb1211 said:
    Me too ✋️ 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 100
    estarr31 said:
    Well well well....MMJ and PJ same day? I'm only a drive away so wouldn't need to stay the night. Any thoughts on Bottlerock experiences? Worth it? My wife would like to see the other headliner Mana and MMJ. 
    Have you hear Maná?
    Is a mexican band... well, please give it a try and tell us your experience please 
    Maná and PJ is a dream show....but I will be in Costa Rica that week.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,083
    The Rock said:
    deb1211 said:
    Me too ✋️ 
    So now the topic will veer off from Southwest Airlines to ECW and wrestling talk.  B)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    edited January 11
    In a sense, some of us should be lucky Indy got postponed.

August - Missoula - Grizzly Stadium
    August 29 & 31 - Chicago - Wrigley
    September 3 & 4 - NYC - MSG
    September 7 & 9 - Philadelphia - Wells Fargo
    September 12 - Baltimore - CFG Bank Arena

That ...would suck. It's essentially Home/Away with NYC, Philly and the 2020 show thrown in. Take out Baltimore and you get:

September 15 & 17- Boston - Fenway

But it's the new format. Two shows in major cities and "we know you'll fly to see us."
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    In a sense, some of us should be lucky Indy got postponed.

September 12 - Baltimore - CFG Bank Arena

That ...would suck. It's essentially Home/Away with NYC, Philly and the 2020 show thrown in. Take out Baltimore and you get:

September 15 & 17- Boston - Fenway

But it's the new format. Two shows in major cities and "we know you'll fly to see us."
    A lot of artists are starting to take this route nowadays. 

Coldplay just does a some cities but multiple dates in them.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,725
    A large part of traveling to shows for me is seeing them in different venues and places and experiencing those cities that I otherwise wouldn't be going out of my way to travel to.  I will be less excited if the trend continues and I've checked the interesting (to me) places off of the list.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    SHZA said:
    LukinAtU said:

Costco had a couple of sales on $500 SW gift cards for $430, limit of 5 per member per sale. I bought 10 and booked all my domestic flights to lock in the rates. No change fees if the announced dates wind up being different 
    I've never flown Southwest. I've always been afraid. The last 20 years, I will only book a flight if I can get aisle seat exit row, or first class. And from what I understand, SW doesn't let you pick your seats, or the way you can seems confusing for a newbie.
    I'll  chime in on this too... I fly SW almost exclusively. It is always the less expensive domestic option for me and I always end up in a window or aisle seat in the first 10 rows. Kind of like with my PJ reserved seats.
    Agree. I usually find SW around half the cost of other airlines when I plan the annual family vacay. And then on top of that they don't charge for bags.
    The open seating thing while a bit of a pain is generally no big deal.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,414
    PLAY CINCY!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Poncier said:
    SHZA said:
    LukinAtU said:

Agree. I usually find SW around half the cost of other airlines when I plan the annual family vacay. And then on top of that they don't charge for bags.

I can't grasp the open seating. I'm sure they have a good reason but I can't think what it is. 

I'm actually a proponent of "one seat, one carry on slot" that is right above your fucking seat. These assholes that have multiple bags that forces me to walk ten feet down the aisle to store my bag pisses me off. I don't understand the lack of discipline there either.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    Poncier said:
    SHZA said:
    LukinAtU said:

I can't grasp the open seating. I'm sure they have a good reason but I can't think what it is. 

I'm actually a proponent of "one seat, one carry on slot" that is right above your fucking seat. These assholes that have multiple bags that forces me to walk ten feet down the aisle to store my bag pisses me off. I don't understand the lack of discipline there either.
    I believe the open seating is the fastest way to board the plane so it allows them to have more time in the air making money and less on the ground burning money.  Ironically despite being the fastest it is the least liked process by customers.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    PLAY CINCY!!!!!!!
    +1
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    PLAY CINCY!!!!!!!
    I agree!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I just don’t understand playing Wrigley again when you were just in Chicago. Those shows could be used in Michigan and Ohio, with people from Chicago traveling to those areas. Fenway I get, it’s been 5-6 years since Boston had a show and you’re picking a big venue….still wish it was TD. Boston arena show is on my bucket list. 
    Philly is understandable since you only played one show, in Camden, 2 years ago (from the rumored ‘24 date). MSG is the same idea, one show, two years ago in the biggest metro area in the country. 
    I know 2023 was short but I’m just happy they got to Minny and Texas…with Indy in the original plans. Hoping they draw the straight line a little more east in 2025. Michigan - Ohio - Carolinas - Georgia - Florida. 
    Banff is on my list, and will be waiting for a Calgary show to make it happen. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    I just don’t understand playing Wrigley again when you were just in Chicago. Those shows could be used in Michigan and Ohio, with people from Chicago traveling to those areas. Fenway I get, it’s been 5-6 years since Boston had a show and you’re picking a big venue….still wish it was TD. Boston arena show is on my bucket list. 
    Philly is understandable since you only played one show, in Camden, 2 years ago (from the rumored ‘24 date). MSG is the same idea, one show, two years ago in the biggest metro area in the country. 
    I know 2023 was short but I’m just happy they got to Minny and Texas…with Indy in the original plans. Hoping they draw the straight line a little more east in 2025. Michigan - Ohio - Carolinas - Georgia - Florida. 
    Unsolicited personal recommendation: Don't wait. Book it and make it happen! Banff is beautiful! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    I just don’t understand playing Wrigley again when you were just in Chicago. Those shows could be used in Michigan and Ohio, with people from Chicago traveling to those areas. Fenway I get, it’s been 5-6 years since Boston had a show and you’re picking a big venue….still wish it was TD. Boston arena show is on my bucket list. 
    I always wonder if Chicago is a result of the survey we took years ago….”how far have you traveled to see a show?”.  Maybe??? It is kinda in the middle of everything (US) . We’ve been to Wrigley every time and indoors last year for both shows….we just keep staying in different parts since the place is so big!  
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    As a Michigander, i wholeheartedly agree! But, Chicago is a much easier city to travel to and stay in, plus it’s Ed’s hometown. And of course playing Wrigley instead of Comerica Park or Little Caesars Arena is a no-brainer. Hope they get to LCA someday though.
  • pjl44 said:
    What did I sign up for?

=) 
  • Just booked everything but flights and a few activities for an 18 day trip in New Zealand and Australia.  Everything refundable though except a couple activities.  May try skydiving for the first time in Queenstown, NZ.   See one show in Auckland, Sydney, and Melbourne.  
    Skydiving is fun, done several tandem jumps.
    Serious question...so as I've gotten older, I have definitely experienced an enhanced fear of heights.  However, I have a medical condition considered at this point in time "terminal" so I want to get out of my comfort zone and do as much as possible...I have considered sky diving but not sure.  What's it like and did you feel safe?
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Arranged flight to Seattle this afternoon; my daughter and I had already booked flights to Alaska for our yearly "escape the Phoenix hell" trip, so I tacked on a few days to catch the shows. 🤞🤞
    Sort out your itinerary way ahead of time - Banff is bonkers these days. Lots of places require advance booking (Lake Louise, Moraine lake, etc.).  Try the gondola, canoeing, backpacking, hot springs. 

On our summer road trip this past year, my daughter and I stayed in Invermere, 2hrs away, but the drive was beautiful. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    To address our housing crisis and homelessness in BC, including Vancouver, new laws are going into effect May 1st 2024. Short-term rentals, like AirBnBs, are illegal except in primary residences* $3,000 fine.

* https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/housing-tenancy/short-term-rentals

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    A large part of traveling to shows for me is seeing them in different venues and places and experiencing those cities that I otherwise wouldn't be going out of my way to travel to.  I will be less excited if the trend continues and I've checked the interesting (to me) places off of the list.  
    Same. I’ve seen them in every city on the upcoming rumored dates other than Portland. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
This discussion has been closed.