KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 92
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    Annoucement  - dec 15th
    10c lotery results - dec 20th
    general sale - dec 22th

its our only hope i think
    Not my hope anyway.  If it's gonna be that close to Christmas I'd much prefer it in January.
    for those travelling this is the best option.

flight tickets will be expensive in the new year
    You don't need to speak for everyone travelling, I'm travelling.  Dropping a few thousand euro expense the week of Christmas is certainly not the best option for me.

I always get good flight deals in the January sales too.
  • Options
    Mad cool is not even selling day tickets, just 4-day tickets for now, so I don't understand how anouncing the tour will impact their sales.. I don't think anyone who is only interested in PJ will buy a 4-day ticket..
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,229
    Forgive me because I don't fly much but do all flights go up after new year or are we talking about International flights
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 287
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    Annoucement  - dec 15th
    general sale - dec 22th

Not my hope anyway.  If it's gonna be that close to Christmas I'd much prefer it in January.

You don't need to speak for everyone travelling, I'm travelling.  Dropping a few thousand euro expense the week of Christmas is certainly not the best option for me.

You don't have to buy flights the day of the announcement.
    A lot of us would be well chuffed with an announcement and lottery before Christmas 
  • Options
    GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Italy Posts: 72
    hadrielia said:
    Mad cool is not even selling day tickets, just 4-day tickets for now, so I don't understand how anouncing the tour will impact their sales.. I don't think anyone who is only interested in PJ will buy a 4-day ticket..
    NICE NOTE!
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 287
    matt84 said:
    Really hoping the full tour is announced all at once, and I’m expecting it will be. 
    Are you hoping that because your not going to any European showd?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    If they are in fact doing the announcement all at once in February those of us doing multiple legs are going to need a second mortgage lol. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    If they are in fact doing the announcement all at once in February those of us doing multiple legs are going to need a second mortgage lol. 
    Would announcing at the same time but with staggered sales and lotteries be an option?
  • Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 92
    seanclax said:
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    Annoucement  - dec 15th
    general sale - dec 22th

You don't have to buy flights the day of the announcement.
    A lot of us would be well chuffed with an announcement and lottery before Christmas 
    I don't but I'm gonna have to put up for a lot of tickets, especially if it's the whole tour announcement.

I'm not speaking for everyone.  I'm speaking for myself, I would not like an announcement the week of Christmas and I don't think it's that hard to understand why.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 622
    just_one said:
    matt84 said:
    Really hoping the full tour is announced all at once, and I’m expecting it will be. 
    the lotery system cant handle a full blown (4 legs) world tour
    Why? Doesn’t mean they have to have sales at the same time.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    I think anything is possible. We often get trapped in That's The Way They Always Do It or That's How They Did It Last Time.
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    It's gonna be so exciting to get pumped up for a tour only for them to play the same cities they do every other tour. They can literally sell out anywhere they play, but I guess they just expect everyone to travel.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    As someone who is pretty much local shows only at this point I'm pro- bigger lottery
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
    edited December 2023
    the only thing that scares me is the flight prices getting higher the later the tour is announced. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    As someone who is pretty much local shows only at this point I'm pro- bigger lottery
    Considering they can’t even have Canada and the USA on the same lotto I don’t think much is going to change with your odds unless leg 1 and leg 2 USA are split. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    Considering they can’t even have Canada and the USA on the same lotto I don’t think much is going to change with your odds unless leg 1 and leg 2 USA are split. 
    I think you're probably right but as someone who has lost the Fenway lottery more than once I'll take every little edge I can get!
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    BV84003 said:
    It's gonna be so exciting to get pumped up for a tour only for them to play the same cities they do every other tour. They can literally sell out anywhere they play, but I guess they just expect everyone to travel.
    Don’t go then homie. One less lottery request to sift through 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    deb1211 said:
    Forgive me because I don't fly much but do all flights go up after new year or are we talking about International flights
    In my experience, the best time to buy for domestic is typically about 2-3 months out. I find that the prices usually drop somewhat during that period. I don’t fly much internationally though, so I don’t have any insight into that. 
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    eboweddie said:
    The only talk was 'Who are Pearl Jam'. Most didn't know. Hilarious.  I don't know who's going to make the announcement. Its too close to.xmas imo. Tickets won't be cheap and its an unfair timing if announced this week. People have a lot.of expense this month 
    I’m increasingly meeting people who have never heard of PJ.  It doesn’t even surprise me any more.  But it’s such an odd thing to think about. 
    We hired movers to get us to our new home. One of them asked "What's a Pearl Jam", in reference to my stickers. I said "oh, its a band, they've been around since the 90s"
    "Oh, are you in it?"
    *tilts head like a dog*
    Other mover: "Didnt your dad ever make you listen to Pearl Jam?"
    *knife through the heart*
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    PJNB said:
    And based on last year’s debacle, could you imagine how many redraws/reassignments they’d have to do if they ran the lottery for all 4 legs at the same time? It would take until about 2026 to get it all sorted out 🤣
  • Options
    FBechFBech Sevilla Posts: 23
    edited December 2023
    Pardon me again for my lack of experience in the Ten Club. I have been a fan since the release of "Ten" back in 92, but I entered the fan club like a month ago. How does that lottery drawing work? is there going to be pre sale option for every show? Is that like a contest or every menber can buy presale tickets? I looked to the Ticket policy section but I still dont get to understand some points.
    Post edited by FBech on
  • Options
    FBech said:
    Pardon me again for my lack of experience in the Ten Club. I have been a fan since the release of "Ten" back in 92, but I entered the fan club like a month ago. How does that lottery drawing work? is there going to be pre sale option for every show? Is that like a contest or every menber can buy presale tickets? I looked to the Ticket policy section but I still dont get to understand some points.
    You'll see details when they announce it but historically the broad strokes are:

- Enter for as many shows as you want
    - Prioritize them
    - Up to 2 tickets per show
    - If you get drawn for seats, they are assigned by seniority (If you just joined Ten Club don't expect great seats)
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,400
    pjl44 said:
    FBech said:
    You'll see details when they announce it but historically the broad strokes are:

- Prioritize them
    - If you get drawn for seats, they are assigned by seniority (If you just joined Ten Club don't expect great seats)
    Slightly different for Euro shows, I think. Seniority doesn't really matter because its usually just lottery for GA early entry.
    Unless they adopt the US approach this time.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 180
    edited December 2023
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is probably due to the fact there may be different Ticketmaster entities. One Canada. One USA. While it’s all Ticketmaster, they may need to split the business between countries. That’s my best guess. I don’t think it’s anything to do with a Pearl Jam restriction. 

If they do full tour at once, just do smaller batches of shows when drawing lottery results. I think that’s where issues arose last year. Trying to get big chunks of info out. 
  • Options
    The Rock said:
    pjl44 said:
    FBech said:

- Prioritize them
    Slightly different for Euro shows, I think. Seniority doesn't really matter because its usually just lottery for GA early entry.
    There's seats for euro shows as well but you are correct in that it's mostly GA

Euro shows have always been 2 tickets as well no option previously for 1
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,083
    Since you just joined, you'll probably get GA.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,400
    The Rock said:
    pjl44 said:
    FBech said:

- Prioritize them
    There's seats for euro shows as well but you are correct in that it's mostly GA

Euro shows have always been 2 tickets as well no option previously for 1
    I wish they would give us the option of 1 ticket. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    10c seats in Europe are worse than general sale anyway.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    blairs1 said:
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is probably due to the fact there may be different Ticketmaster entities. One Canada. One USA. While it’s all Ticketmaster, they may need to split the business between countries. That’s my best guess. I don’t think it’s anything to do with a Pearl Jam restriction. 

If they do full tour at once, just do smaller batches of shows when drawing lottery results. I think that’s where issues arose last year. Trying to get big chunks of info out. 
    Thats correct. I am just saying I do not think all 4 legs will be in the same lotto. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,726
    10c seats in Europe are worse than general sale anyway.
    That's true. My Zurich seats were OK, but the weeks leading up to the show, there loads of great seats very close to the stage available 
    Kearnsy
This discussion has been closed.