The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 287
    matt84 said:
    dani11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    New daily video shows Hyde Park in London ... if they play there again in 2024, I'm skipping it.. but if O2.. count me in
    We're you not there last year.
    The whole weekend was immense.
    Agree. As crazy as it sounds (as I prefer smaller indoor venues) Hyde Park last year was much much better than the O2 in 2018.
    Hyde Park as a venue was better than I was expecting! And of course the shows were great. The weather helped too.

I actually almost didn't go because I'd heard so many bad things about the venue...finishing early, bad sound, plus it being a festival maybe they play less songs. I thought location in London was great to get in/out of (compared to O2 Arena). 

But don't see them playing Hyde Park again next year, it's too soon. I'll go to O2 Arena but I think it will be hard to top the Hyde Park shows last year
    It used to be bad. Saw RHCP in 2004, Bruce in 2009 and PJ in 2010. Only in the last few years has the sound improved. Also the BST festival has an awesome festival vibe, despite it being mostly a headline show.
    The sound was the best I've heard it last year. But also the closest I've ever been to the stage so that probably helped.

Was also there at the chilli Peppers gig in 04.
    How fucking good was James brown that day?
    Jesus christ his band could play.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,229
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:
    dani11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    New daily video shows Hyde Park in London ... if they play there again in 2024, I'm skipping it.. but if O2.. count me in
    Agree. As crazy as it sounds (as I prefer smaller indoor venues) Hyde Park last year was much much better than the O2 in 2018.
    Hyde Park as a venue was better than I was expecting! And of course the shows were great. The weather helped too.

I actually almost didn't go because I'd heard so many bad things about the venue...finishing early, bad sound, plus it being a festival maybe they play less songs. I thought location in London was great to get in/out of (compared to O2 Arena). 

But don't see them playing Hyde Park again next year, it's too soon. I'll go to O2 Arena but I think it will be hard to top the Hyde Park shows last year
    It used to be bad. Saw RHCP in 2004, Bruce in 2009 and PJ in 2010. Only in the last few years has the sound improved. Also the BST festival has an awesome festival vibe, despite it being mostly a headline show.
    The sound was the best I've heard it last year. But also the closest I've ever been to the stage so that probably helped.

James Brown played at my work once..he was something else. For some dumb reason I didn't get a picture with him, but I did get to hold his bag of cash as he insisted on being paid in cash. 
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,125
    ISO 2 GA for Seattle 1 and 2
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • Options
    TKeTKe Posts: 24
    edited December 2023
    seanclax said:
    Last year's Hyde Park shows were my first PJ shows.I was dead center on the rail in front of Ed and he actually spoke to me (and I will remember it forever). I still preferred Budapest as a show and I was about 4 rows behind rail there. But that's just me.
    Post edited by TKe on
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:
    dani11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:

James Brown played at my work once..he was something else. For some dumb reason I didn't get a picture with him, but I did get to hold his bag of cash as he insisted on being paid in cash. 
    I guess that makes him feel good.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,229
    deb1211 said:
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:
    dani11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:

I guess that makes him feel good.  
    Haha I see what you did there. 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,000
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    London 2 2018 was the second greatest show I’ve ever seen
    What was the best Leeds?
    Yes, Leeds was just an unreal experience. Way more than just for the set list, it’s the best arena I’ve been to, the band was in great spirits, and there was just some unreal performances. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    dani11dani11 uk Posts: 42
    TKe said:
    seanclax said:
    Last year's Hyde Park shows were my first PJ shows.I was dead center on the rail in front of Ed and he actually spoke to me (and I will remember it forever). I still preferred Budapest as a show and I was about 4 rows behind rail there. But that's just me.
    That's cool the Hyde Park shows were the first time I saw them too (near front but not rail). I also went to Budapest after! I think that was a nice mix of big and smaller shows, and varying setlists...would like a similar mix this time around.

I saw RHCP at NOS Alive last year, partly because it was a cheaper ticket than the UK, they play the same amount of songs whether it's a festival or own gig, and I really wanted to see Lisbon. Great weather, sold out and felt like it, found it harder to get near front, and stage seemed set down more so harder to see the stage further back. But all in all pretty good.

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    deb1211 said:
    seanclax said:
    matt84 said:
    dani11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:

That must have been the payback.
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 346
    tino_11 said:
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    What was the best Leeds?
    Yes, Leeds was just an unreal experience. Way more than just for the set list, it’s the best arena I’ve been to, the band was in great spirits, and there was just some unreal performances. 
    I have to agree, even though i wasn’t there. Last summer i played that show just by chance on Spotify,  and it was reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly fricken good. Like, REALLY good👍👍👍
  • Options
    How was Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag not the go-to there?
  • Options
    nicolaginicolagi England Posts: 13
    I was lucky enough to be at Leeds, billed as a night with Pearl Jam, with no support. Hands down the best gig I've been to of theirs. Unfortunately think the days of a setlist that long are a thing of the past 😞
    Nicola (England)
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    What was the best Leeds?
    Hard to disagree was an amazing night
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,013
    One of my all time favourite boots
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 583
    tino_11 said:
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    What was the best Leeds?
    The best Pearl Jam show I have been to 
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 622
    Patiently waiting for Leeds to become a future vault release.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    tino_11 said:
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    What was the best Leeds?
    Still love the extended sirens outro from that show........I know they did it a fair bit across the 2014 dates but that was easily the best one. And that RVM???? that was intense - simply the best I ever saw them perform it. 
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 583
    pdalowsky said:
    tino_11 said:
    tino_11 said:
    matt84 said:
    seanclax said:
    What was the best Leeds?
    Still love the extended sirens outro from that show........I know they did it a fair bit across the 2014 dates but that was easily the best one. And that RVM???? that was intense - simply the best I ever saw them perform it. 
    Yeah I remember the Sirens outro.  It went on for so long after the song stopped, even interupted Eddie from memory as he was starting to talk.  I also remember that RVM as it was the first time I had seen them perform it live.

The whole thing was incredible, the deep cuts, the arena, the sound of the band. lenght of show etc etc.  Just perfection,
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    22nd June Pearl Jam Marley Park Dublin.  Confirmed.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,726
    eboweddie said:
    Where do you see that (not that i dont believe you)
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
    eboweddie said:
    where?
  • Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 92
    eboweddie said:
    You just post this and bounce?
  • Options
    KidAOK said:
    eboweddie said:
    You just post this and bounce?
    seems so lol
  • Options
    GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Italy Posts: 72
    It's a scam
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Options
    Nothing on the Irish promoters site anyway.
  • Options
    Promoter production meeting. Green Day. Hozier and PJ. One more slot for another concert.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    Kevykev1987Kevykev1987 Ireland Posts: 5
    eboweddie said:
    Promoter production meeting. Green Day. Hozier and PJ. One more slot for another concert.  
    Where you seeing this?
  • Options
    Good to know it is in that park.  Validates my decision to skip that one.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,726
    eboweddie said:
    Excellent. Thanks for posting.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    eboweddie said:
    Where you seeing this?
    Maybe he was part of the meeting ? Lol
This discussion has been closed.