FBech said:
    just_one said:
    the rest of the tour is : 

dublin 22/06
    manchester 25/06
    london 28&29/06
    berlin 02&03/07
    Barcelona 06&08/07

we are all just waiting for the annoucement at this point , it might change a day or two but these are the cities

when the come to lisbon , they always close the tour here. (2018 was an excepcion because of london night 2 that got cancelled due to eddie´s being sick and was rescheduled after lisbon)
    Hello to everybody, I am new to the forum. Why a short tour like this?
    because they want to? no one really 
    OK, thanks, please excuse me again, I am not familiar yet with the forum and sources, how do you know those are the only cities of the tour?

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    FBech said:
    just_one said:
    FBech said:
    just_one said:

dublin 22/06
    manchester 25/06
    london 28&29/06
    berlin 02&03/07
    Barcelona 06&08/07

we are all just waiting for the annoucement at this point , it might change a day or two but these are the cities

when the come to lisbon , they always close the tour here. (2018 was an excepcion because of london night 2 that got cancelled due to eddie´s being sick and was rescheduled after lisbon)
    because they want to? no one really 
    OK, thanks, please excuse me again, I am not familiar yet with the forum and sources, how do you know those are the only cities of the tour?

no one really has 100% certain , beside one or two people and one of those has alluded to a small tour.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    TinaE said:
    Jimmi said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m a little surprised 10c hasn’t sent out an email yet about the two festival dates. Makes me think there might be more dates coming soon. 
    I'm a bit  confuced. Cos in my acount not mail sent
    But I got in my sister email acount. About the two festivals

Nope, haven't received any mails either 🤔
    Me neither.....
    The weird thing is I didn't receive an email at my current 10c email address, but I DID get one at the address I formerly used about 15 years ago. 
    It was sent to my old email address too.  I switched mine about 2 or 3 years ago.  Usually both email addresses get sent the 10c emails.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,172
    FBech said:
    just_one said:

dublin 22/06
    manchester 25/06
    london 28&29/06
    berlin 02&03/07
    Barcelona 06&08/07

It’s the way they’ve been going recently with the last few tours (with exception of 22 Euro). Not ideal but if this works for them and keeps them touring for many years to come then all is good!
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 487
    edited December 2023
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    just_one said:
    was thinking about this during lunch break, its not out of the realm of possibility the rest of the tour being announced next friday and tickets sold around next wednesday or thursday.

gives mad cool a few days to sell tickets
    The idea is to give Mad Cool time to sell tickets without the general public knowing that their headliner has also two shows in Barcelona lined up.
    they also played barcelona before mad cool in 2018 so i cant see that being the reason, only if its because 2 nights that being said , with keane and pearl jam on the same day they will have no problem selling tickets
    Doesn’t matter what happend 2018 if Mad Cool payed them extra to announce their headline shows later. This is not about being kind or „how they want to do this“. It‘s business. And the way it looks PJ changed their way in announcing European tours to a standard that a lot of bands have: Festivals first to being able to ask for extra cash.

So with Mad Cool starting their general sale on Friday, I am 100% sure, we won‘t see the rest of the tour before Christmas. Mad Cool didn‘t pay for a heads up for their announcement but for an exclusive time frame where they are the only ticket available to see PJ in Spain. And that timeframe only starts on Friday and will at least last week.
    Post edited by JackD. on
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    just_one said:
    was thinking about this during lunch break, its not out of the realm of possibility the rest of the tour being announced next friday and tickets sold around next wednesday or thursday.

The idea is to give Mad Cool time to sell tickets without the general public knowing that their headliner has also two shows in Barcelona lined up.
    they also played barcelona before mad cool in 2018 so i cant see that being the reason, only if its because 2 nights that being said , with keane and pearl jam on the same day they will have no problem selling tickets
    Doesn’t matter what happend 2018 if Mad Cool payed them extra to announce their headline shows later. This is not about being kind or „how they want to do this“. It‘s business. And the way it looks PJ changed their way in announcing European tours to a standard that a lot of bands have: Festivals first to being able to ask for extra cash.

So with Mad Cool starting their general sale on Friday, I am 100% sure, we won‘t see the rest of the tour before Christmas. Mad Cool didn‘t pay for a heads up for their announcement but for an exclusive time frame where they are the only ticket available to see PJ in Spain. And that timeframe only starts on Friday and will at least last week.
    makes sense unfortunally , flight tickets will get more expensive,
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    Frankman77Frankman77 Holland Posts: 6
    edited December 2023
    RideRick said:
    I'm still a bit shocked that Italy may not be on the tour this year.

Me 2! Or the Netherlands..
    Netherlands will be add.  Always Ziggodome, Always Amsterdam.  No sweat.  Or i will lay down my TenC membership  :D
    Careful what you say you’ll do.  It’s been speculated an insurance settlement prevents shows in summer 2024 in Amsterdam, Vienna and Prague.  
    But what does that mean? A ban from the countries or a ban from the 2022 venues that were cancelled? Because, if it's the latter, than there are other options I'd say. 
    Post edited by Frankman77 on
  • Options
    RideRick said:

Netherlands will be add.  Always Ziggodome, Always Amsterdam.  No sweat.  Or i will lay down my TenC membership  :D
    Careful what you say you’ll do.  It’s been speculated an insurance settlement prevents shows in summer 2024 in Amsterdam, Vienna and Prague.  
    But what does that mean? A ban from the countries or a ban from the 2022 venues that were cancelled? Because, if it's the latter, than there are other options I'd say. 
    That’s fineprint on the insurance contracts. And it‘s just speculation not based on actual knowledge. There could be a lot of other reasons why they do not honor the postponed shows. But it‘s very likely their are not coming to those cities.
  • Options
    @JackD.u might be right but until next tuesday im still hoping for a euro announcement. they can decrease the window for lottery from lets say 2 days and general sale on friday
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    two things,

I went to both LA shows and it was a full arena as far as I saw. 

Man, those who post dates backwards really confuse the shit out of me early morning before coffee!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    just_one said:

It is standard for most festivals to prevent headliners from playing shows within a certain distance or announcing dates (perhaps within a certain distance or region) until a threshold of ticket sales have been met. The good news for Pearl Jam fans is that there has been a trend for bands to announce dates much further out so they can collect the money way ahead of the shows.  I think that means any announcements will be farther out than they have in the past. Pure speculation though :).
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    RideRick said:

That’s fineprint on the insurance contracts. And it‘s just speculation not based on actual knowledge. There could be a lot of other reasons why they do not honor the postponed shows. But it‘s very likely their are not coming to those cities.
    Confirming I am only speculating.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    just_one said:

Only thing mad about this to me is they would be releasing dates/tickets in early January when people are less willing to spend. Its bad enough they left it till so close to Christmas and a lot of other summer shows were announced prior, leaving it later again seems madness. Something tells me a Friday evening announcement (especiallyif Mad Cool day sells out) 10c deadline the Sunday, then General sale be before next Wednesday.
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    be patient. I think they will announce the rest of the tour this week. at last next Monday. Festivals are different and they dont just sell out because of PJ. mad cool/nas have a really good line up. if I'd live in Madrid I would go there anyway...
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    chiefnjk said:
    Rest of European dates tomorrow, all NA dates in Feb?
    It's tomorrow, what time will we get the rest of the Euro dates?
  • Options
    TinaE said:
    Jimmi said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m a little surprised 10c hasn’t sent out an email yet about the two festival dates. Makes me think there might be more dates coming soon. 
    I'm a bit  confuced. Cos in my acount not mail sent
    But I got in my sister email acount. About the two festivals

Nope, haven't received any mails either 🤔
    Me neither.....
    The weird thing is I didn't receive an email at my current 10c email address, but I DID get one at the address I formerly used about 15 years ago. 
    Same here!
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    damnaxe said:
    be patient. I think they will announce the rest of the tour this week. at last next Monday. Festivals are different and they dont just sell out because of PJ. mad cool/nas have a really good line up. if I'd live in Madrid I would go there anyway...
    Really? Subjective, I guess.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    2024 seems to be quite bad for Euro festival lineups. There aren't that many major artists available compared to this past summer.

For example Download lineup is pretty much crap. They had to settle for something like their 20th choices for headliners. Lollapalooza Stockholm announced that they are not happening in 2024. Etc etc
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    If the 10 days of Christmas are giving tour hints, it must be just cities, not venues. No way could regular tour shows be at The Showbox.
  • Options
    Pj day in mad cool with Keane is pretty awesome! Wouldnt mind that in NOS alive
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 403
    JackD. said:
    RideRick said:

Not so long ago, someone here talked about an interview with Pete Townshend. It was supposedly about just such a case, about such a contract or insurance agreement. Does anyone have a source for this? I haven't found anything about it in the depths of the internet.
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    JackD. said:
    RideRick said:

Not so long ago, someone here talked about an interview with Pete Townshend. It was supposedly about just such a case, about such a contract or insurance agreement. Does anyone have a source for this? I haven't found anything about it in the depths of the internet.
    That was me and here you go:

No. It’s not a farewell tour. Apart from anything else, we still have people who have tickets for the U.K. 2019 tour. We’re very, very keen to do that tour and we’ll be doing that tour in 2023. By the way, the reason we weren’t doing that tour in the U.K. now is because our insurers insist that we couldn’t do it because they had to pay out on it. They didn’t want us muddying the waters until 2023.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/pete-townshend-who-tour-interview-keith-moon-1296914/amp/
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 403
    Thank you very much. 
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    So the Kraken and Sonics referenced in today’s IG post. I guess it’s Climate Pledge for Seattle dates. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    Side note..Kraken are doing so bad right now. 
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    damnaxe said:
    Really? Subjective, I guess.
    of course. just my opinion. and hope 😉
  • Options
    Much EU discussion - keep up the good work - but -

Who has the list of Official Unofficial Rumored USA Pearl Jam Dates(tm) as it stands at present?   I recall seeing it
    but having no luck bringing it back to the front - 

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,445
    Allspread said:

Who has the list of Official Unofficial Rumored USA Pearl Jam Dates(tm) as it stands at present?   I recall seeing it
    but having no luck bringing it back to the front - 

Check the first page of this thread 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,024
    Go to the first page of this thread, they’re all listed there
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    Allspread said:

but having no luck bringing it back to the front

You kinda answered your own question. Go back to the first page/post.
This discussion has been closed.