Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Yes, we're assuming Philly is Wells Fargo. Originally Camden, and then we got a hint that it's in Philly proper. Man it would be sick if Boston was TD Garden instead of Fenway.

Their touring patterns since after 2016 have made no sense to me. Why are you going back to LA? Just play Ohana. Why are you going back to Wrigley? You just played the United Center x2. Why are you going back to Berlin? Play Munich. Boston is overdue as well as all of New England and upstate NY, but where is Ohio (12M residents), Georgia (11M residents), Florida (22M residents), and Michigan (10M residents)?? Hoping those places see shows in 2025 on a short run.

The boys are 60+, I'm not sure how much longer they're going to keep doing this. I would bet this is their last new album for a while. I'm going to attend as many shows as possible because there will never be a live band I am into as much as this one. If they're skipping Italy (MINDBOGGLINGLY), you have to assume they need a final run to hit some markets. Can't imagine them going to Europe in 2025, three years in a row. My guess is a short run of Southeast and Midwest shows in 2025, along with 8-10 dates in South America (Mexico City x2, Buenos Aires x2, Santiago x2, Sao Paulo x2).
    💯 agree!  I think we'll still see some touring in 2025.  Probably S America in early 2025 then maybe 10 dates through the Midwest in the spring and back to Europe for another 10 dates in the summer.  Then probably a long break that may result in "retirement" so to speak.  Maybe get an Ed solo record in a few years.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,258
    Eddie just posted a photo from Nashville last year. So that must mean they're playing Nashville again.  ;)
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    njhaley1 said:
    steven87 said:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but does anyone think there’s a chance that they’ll headline the Sea, Hear, Now festival in Asbury Park? Obviously they’re good friends with Danny Clinch and that festival happens right around the time that PJ will be in town. 
    Doubt it since they just played it a couple of years ago. Also, based on the rumored tour dates, the timing doesn’t seem to work since it sounds like PJ will be in the area the first week of September, a few weeks before the festival usually happens. But you never know. 
    Probably a challenge with ohana likely the last week of Sept. 
    They actually did both SHN and Ohana in 2021 (and I went to both which was a blast!) But I just don’t see them playing either this year. 
  • Options
    pepsipepsi Posts: 4
    Anybody knows if in the next europe tour, lottery ticket will allow having single tickets instead of buying pairs? Thank you!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    pjl44 said:
    That Bottlerock post is deplorable.  Telling people their only shot at VIP is to buy blind.  That’s awful.  
    I buy blind for Newport Folk every year. For a lot of people these festivals are about more than the precise lineups. You just trust they'll do a good job with curation.
    That's such a great festival. Bought blind to go for the first time two summers ago and it was honestly one of the most incredible weekends of my entire life.
    It's the best. Summer camp for music geeks. Never ever disappoints.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921
    Bunting10 said:
    With everyone being reminded that the first page has all of the current “rumors” (“” meaning that confidence level is in the upper 90% for all), it got me looking at it too.  I assume it’s safe to say Philly is at Wells Fargo?  Should we update that? I think it was all but confirmed that it is an Arena in Philadelphia.  
    Thank you - Updated 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    edited December 2023
    The Boston Discovery Guide, which I believe is used for tourists, appear to have up to date concert acts for 2024 in the region and they sure are teasing Pearl Jam at Fenway in September with their listed photo:

https://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/boston-concerts.html
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 622
    devonfz said:
    I like that they’re giving out hints to the cities on the West Coast so with 10 club shutting down for Christmas does anyone really think they’re going to do this big ticket sale before then I doubt it gotta be January which is pretty normal for them. They’ll roll out the new album. And announce the West Coast 
    I don’t think selling tickets on same date would be wise for anyone, but announcing all the dates at once, especially the 2 NA legs at the same time would be appreciated and I’m hoping for that, but not expecting it.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 287
    pepsi said:
    Anybody knows if in the next europe tour, lottery ticket will allow having single tickets instead of buying pairs? Thank you!
    I hope so. I plan to do 5 shows solo. Would rather not have to find buyers for the extra tickets.
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    mikeyb107 said:
    Any ideas at who would be supporting them in Europe?
    My Morning Jacket
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    The Boston Discovery Guide, which I believe is used for tourists, appear to have up to date concert acts for 2024 in the region and they sure are teasing Pearl Jam at Fenway in September with their listed photo:

https://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/boston-concerts.html
    Nice find 
  • Options
    mikeyb107 said:
    Any ideas at who would be supporting them in Europe?
    Would love it to be Bad Nerves. I know Stone is a massive fan and he's trying to sign them to Loosegroove.
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 449
    seanclax said:
    pepsi said:
    I hope so. I plan to do 5 shows solo. Would rather not have to find buyers for the extra tickets.
    I'm in the same boat. Let me know what you're going for and what you get and let's see if we can help each other out.

Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,347
    I just received the email for the festival shows! Glad they are still sending them out 

Same here. Hoped for more dates in it
    I got it yesterday evening too...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,254
    Their touring patterns since after 2016 have made no sense to me. Why are you going back to LA? Just play Ohana. Why are you going back to Wrigley? You just played the United Center x2. Why are you going back to Berlin? Play Munich. Boston is overdue as well as all of New England and upstate NY, but where is Ohio (12M residents), Georgia (11M residents), Florida (22M residents), and Michigan (10M residents)?? Hoping those places see shows in 2025 on a short run.

The boys are 60+...
    I think a lot of it is convenience. They know the venues, promoters, probably like certain hotels and if they can repeat rather than have to do anything that might even be remotely challenging then that appeals at this stage. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Hi everyone 

Apologies for the no doubt silly question. 

As a 10C member, can I enter for two tickets in the lottery? Like, can I get two tickets and take my wife who isn’t a member?

thank you
  • Options
    lavilalavila Ireland Posts: 34
    Hi everyone 

As a 10C member, can I enter for two tickets in the lottery? Like, can I get two tickets and take my wife who isn’t a member?

thank you
    It has normally be two tickets for the 10C member, then you can take anyone you want...
  • Options
    lavila said:
    Hi everyone 

thank you
    It has normally be two tickets for the 10C member, then you can take anyone you want...
    Brilliant. Thank you for the quick reply!
  • Options
    FBechFBech Sevilla Posts: 23
    Why not some other date in europe? it seems strange to go only to UK, Portugal, Spain and Germany
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 287
    FBech said:
    Why not some other date in europe? it seems strange to go only to UK, Portugal, Spain and Germany
    Its a small tour. These are the easiest country's for everyone else to get to.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,661
    FBech said:
    It’s the new touring model for them.  Less cities, 2 nights per city.  

Same amount of $$ with less travel.

The NA tour is only going to end up being 12-13 cities for the entire year, which is also very low for a new album release

Its just the way it is now
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,504
    edited December 2023
    FBech said:
    It’s the new touring model for them.  Less cities, 2 nights per city.  

Same amount of $$ with less travel.

The NA tour is only going to end up being 12-13 cities for the entire year, which is also very low for a new album release

Its just the way it is now
    The costs to tour are higher... and if they want to keep prices lower they need to move around less. That's why residencies are popular for many. 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    dani11dani11 uk Posts: 42
    FBech said:
    Yes it's interesting...outside of UK/Ireland, and festivals, their only shows in Europe are Berlin and Barcelona (well, as far as we know). But with the extra legs in US, Australia, it makes sense it's shorter. 
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    edited December 2023
    Just booked the 28th and 29th June at London city Travelodge ( fully refundable of course ) hoping to get the cable car to the venue across the Thames..arrive in style!!
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    FBech said:
    Going to Ireland too

• Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 294
    edited December 2023
    If we assume they're posting their "10 days" Insta posts in the general order of the shows, I'm expecting a couple Europe posts next, a couple East coast posts, a couple AUS posts, and then on day 10 they'll release the ~~tour dates~~ album more likely? 
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 648
    njhaley1 said:
    If we assume they're posting their "10 days" Insta posts in the general order of the shows, I'm expecting a couple Europe posts next, a couple East coast posts, a couple AUS posts, and then on day 10 they'll release the ~~tour dates~~ album more likely? 
    Doubt we get the album until next year.  Also doubt we get the US or Aus/NZ dates until next year.  It may be the Europe shows?  Which is weird because they should probably be teasing Europe.  If the next tease is like London or something then I think it will be the Europe announcement.  
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,151
    dani11 said:
    FBech said:
    Yes it's interesting...outside of UK/Ireland, and festivals, their only shows in Europe are Berlin and Barcelona (well, as far as we know). But with the extra legs in US, Australia, it makes sense it's shorter. 
    They would almost certainly normally be going to the Netherlands as well but I imagine the 2022 Amsterdam cancellation is causing issues with the insurers 
  • Options
    Just booked the 28th and 29th June at London city Travelodge ( fully refundable of course ) hoping to get the cable car to the venue across the Thames..arrive in style!!
       It's a good ride.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    njhaley1 said:
    I don’t think they’re posting them in order, at least based on the rumors we’ve seen so far. The first three shows are rumored to be Vancouver, Portland, and Sacramento. 
This discussion has been closed.