Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,013
    I hope there is a little Aussie teaser in one of these daily posts for 10 days of Xmas. 🤞
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    If the 10 days of Christmas are giving tour hints, it must be just cities, not venues. No way could regular tour shows be at The Showbox.
    This is what I think it is as well. If I remember correctly, the social media hints last year were for the cities in general, not necessarily for the specific venues. So I think they’re just hinting at the cities. What’s interesting to me is that they’ve only hinted at US cities so far, and not European ones, even though the European tour announcement is presumably coming sooner. Maybe the European and US tours will be announced at the same time? That would surprise me, but I guess we’ll see. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
    God i just hope they announce the rest of the euro tour before x-mas
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,400
    So if the ten days of PJ thing is about the tour then day 10 would be one week from today. That's pretty close to Christmas to be announcing, isn't it?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 648
    With everyone being reminded that the first page has all of the current “rumors” (“” meaning that confidence level is in the upper 90% for all), it got me looking at it too.  I assume it’s safe to say Philly is at Wells Fargo?  Should we update that? I think it was all but confirmed that it is an Arena in Philadelphia.  
  • Options
    I think we should update the lisbon and Madrid with dates and after that write official
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,152
    Just looking at my old emails - 2014 Euro tour was announced on Friday 13th Dec and 10c entries allocated on Wednesday 18th. Still hope for an announcement before Christmas 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    If people are feeling good about the rumor, BottleRock is running presales tomorrow and Thursday

• Options
    Also an Amex presale live now
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 648
    February 13th was floated around by a couple of people that seemed to have knowledge.  Not sure if that is the US Tour only or US/australia/NZ or the album or what.  Either way, I believe there is something to that date.  With that said I think the Euro tour does make sense to be announced earlier, hard to imagine they would just stay pat with only two festivals on the tour page.  

Also maybe they pushed up the date from 2/13?  Idk
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,152
    Bunting10 said:
    February 13th was floated around by a couple of people that seemed to have knowledge.  Not sure if that is the US Tour only or US/australia/NZ or the album or what.  Either way, I believe there is something to that date.  With that said I think the Euro tour does make sense to be announced earlier, hard to imagine they would just stay pat with only two festivals on the tour page.  

Also maybe they pushed up the date from 2/13?  Idk
    Also seems crazy if they do not announce anything until Feb 13th when they had the tease in the Dec newsletter. That’s 9 weeks away
  • Options
    That Bottlerock post is deplorable.  Telling people their only shot at VIP is to buy blind.  That’s awful.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,419
    I just received the email for the festival shows! Glad they are still sending them out 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 965
    I just received the email for the festival shows! Glad they are still sending them out 

Same here. Hoped for more dates in it
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    edited December 2023
    Breaking news from yesterday morning in my inbox. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Same here!!
  • Options
    Could Ohana also be in the cards for PJ even though they're playing LA x 2?
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    That Bottlerock post is deplorable.  Telling people their only shot at VIP is to buy blind.  That’s awful.  
    I buy blind for Newport Folk every year. For a lot of people these festivals are about more than the precise lineups. You just trust they'll do a good job with curation.
  • Options
    The way it's worded I assume you can buy single day VIP later?
  • Options
    Lesbelges said:
    Could Ohana also be in the cards for PJ even though they're playing LA x 2?
    I really hope so. Went to my first Ohana this year and can’t wait to go back
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,618
    edited December 2023
    Yes, we're assuming Philly is Wells Fargo. Originally Camden, and then we got a hint that it's in Philly proper. Man it would be sick if Boston was TD Garden instead of Fenway.

Their touring patterns since after 2016 have made no sense to me. Why are you going back to LA? Just play Ohana. Why are you going back to Wrigley? You just played the United Center x2. Why are you going back to Berlin? Play Munich. Boston is overdue as well as all of New England and upstate NY, but where is Ohio (12M residents), Georgia (11M residents), Florida (22M residents), and Michigan (10M residents)?? Hoping those places see shows in 2025 on a short run.

The boys are 60+, I'm not sure how much longer they're going to keep doing this. I would bet this is their last new album for a while. I'm going to attend as many shows as possible because there will never be a live band I am into as much as this one. If they're skipping Italy (MINDBOGGLINGLY), you have to assume they need a final run to hit some markets. Can't imagine them going to Europe in 2025, three years in a row. My guess is a short run of Southeast and Midwest shows in 2025, along with 8-10 dates in South America (Mexico City x2, Buenos Aires x2, Santiago x2, Sao Paulo x2).
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 152
    I like that they’re giving out hints to the cities on the West Coast so with 10 club shutting down for Christmas does anyone really think they’re going to do this big ticket sale before then I doubt it gotta be January which is pretty normal for them. They’ll roll out the new album. And announce the West Coast 
  • Options

Same here. Hoped for more dates in it
    JimmyV said:
    Breaking news from yesterday morning in my inbox. 
    Same here. Hope they're getting the kinks out of sending the notifications, I was getting a little concerned.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    I buy blind for Newport Folk every year. For a lot of people these festivals are about more than the precise lineups. You just trust they'll do a good job with curation.
    That's such a great festival. Bought blind to go for the first time two summers ago and it was honestly one of the most incredible weekends of my entire life.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but does anyone think there’s a chance that they’ll headline the Sea, Hear, Now festival in Asbury Park? Obviously they’re good friends with Danny Clinch and that festival happens right around the time that PJ will be in town. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but does anyone think there’s a chance that they’ll headline the Sea, Hear, Now festival in Asbury Park? Obviously they’re good friends with Danny Clinch and that festival happens right around the time that PJ will be in town. 
    Doubt it since they just played it a couple of years ago. Also, based on the rumored tour dates, the timing doesn’t seem to work since it sounds like PJ will be in the area the first week of September, a few weeks before the festival usually happens. But you never know. 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 295
    steven87 said:
    Doubt it since they just played it a couple of years ago. Also, based on the rumored tour dates, the timing doesn’t seem to work since it sounds like PJ will be in the area the first week of September, a few weeks before the festival usually happens. But you never know. 
    Probably a challenge with ohana likely the last week of Sept. 
  • Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 249
    I believe that SHN is trying not to repeat headliners at the moment, so it's unlikely. I could see Ed playing solo there though.
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    Any ideas at who would be supporting them in Europe?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    Let’s hope not.  Last year it was oversold and the sound was putrid.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.