The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    edited December 2023
    BST was fun but I’m pretty sure someone said it’s O2 this year.  
    It's 50/50. No reliable information apart from the date.
    Same which Manchester 
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    just_one said:
    leddead said:
    Is 12/11 the rumored announcement date for just Europe, or both Europe and US?
    Europe. They never announce 2 tours at once
    Real dumb dumb question, but why would the Europe tour be announced first if the first leg is rumored to be NA in May? It's just always the way it's been done logistically speaking?
    With all of the rumors between multiple countries, albums, etc

I think this could FINALLY be the year where they just give us the entire year at once, simultaneously with the new album announcement, and we all rejoice in the ability to actually plan out vacations and trips many months in advance
    "Many months in advance" is something very subjective. Europe is rumored to be in June. That's only six months away. Would be very grateful if they announce it this month.

Just for comparison. There is a pop singer in Germany. Called Helene Fischer. Schlager music. She is incredibly popular in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. She also recently announced her tour for June/July. But not for 2024, not for 2025, but for 2026! I am aware that this is a very extreme example. But there are also enough internationally renowned bands like Metallica, Blink 182 and so on who are also able to give their fans planning security. For more than five or six months in advance. And please don't say "Pearl Jam have always done it differently to everyone else." Yes, I'm aware of that. But is that cool?
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Zen23 said:
    just_one said:
    leddead said:
    Real dumb dumb question, but why would the Europe tour be announced first if the first leg is rumored to be NA in May? It's just always the way it's been done logistically speaking?

I think this could FINALLY be the year where they just give us the entire year at once, simultaneously with the new album announcement, and we all rejoice in the ability to actually plan out vacations and trips many months in advance
    "Many months in advance" is something very subjective. Europe is rumored to be in June. That's only six months away. Would be very grateful if they announce it this month.

Just for comparison. There is a pop singer in Germany. Called Helene Fischer. Schlager music. She is incredibly popular in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. She also recently announced her tour for June/July. But not for 2024, not for 2025, but for 2026! I am aware that this is a very extreme example. But there are also enough internationally renowned bands like Metallica, Blink 182 and so on who are also able to give their fans planning security. For more than five or six months in advance. And please don't say "Pearl Jam have always done it differently to everyone else." Yes, I'm aware of that. But is that cool?
    God I hate her music 😄
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    You are not alone.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    Zen23 said:
    just_one said:
    leddead said:

I agree completely.  But to your point, 6 months advanced notice in the PJ world is an improvement based on recent tours.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
    The Sphere means NO Last Kiss to the back.

So...
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    edited December 2023
    Was there confirmation band was at the sphere test facility in Burbank, or just that they flew to Burbank?  Watt is based in Beverly Hills right, possibly just some final work on the record or other pre-release "stuff"?
    Post edited by LaFleur on
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    The COVID Curse with this band would prevent me from purchasing flights for overseas shows, even if dates were confirmed by the band.

I would think that there will be pre-order leaks for the album soon, like Amazon/Japan or something like that.
    For sure, if traveling to far away lands, one must be prepared to enjoy the trip whether the shows happen or not.  
    Agreed.  Planning a trip to UK for the first time.  If Pearl Jam are there in June, all the better!!
  •  i guesds whole mixed was marron 5 playing at  Park MGM, Las Vegas, ,which is 5k venue..pj is set for MGM grand garden arena  with 17k 
    i guess that was the pro and people got confuced

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    GT1015 said:
    The COVID Curse with this band would prevent me from purchasing flights for overseas shows, even if dates were confirmed by the band.

I would think that there will be pre-order leaks for the album soon, like Amazon/Japan or something like that.
    For sure, if traveling to far away lands, one must be prepared to enjoy the trip whether the shows happen or not.  
    Agreed.  Planning a trip to UK for the first time.  If Pearl Jam are there in June, all the better!!
    They are definitely going to be there in June 
  • PJ at the sphere is not happening you guys....why would a band with the least stage setup play a place like the sphere. 
  •  i guesds whole mixed was marron 5 playing at  Park MGM, Las Vegas, ,which is 5k venue..pj is set for MGM grand garden arena  with 17k 

Agreed that MGM makes the msot sense. I'll try to dig up the article but I remember hearing the Sphere was basically residency-only given the timeline it takes to create the imagery for the backdrop...doesn't work as well for 2-3 night stands. I know Phish has a small run there but they incorporate more theatrical elements (see MSG last year) than bands like Pearl Jam do. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    If they play the sphere just project the DTE video on a loop and give everyone motion sickness 20 minutes in

Ahh damn!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    PJ at the sphere is not happening you guys....why would a band with the least stage setup play a place like the sphere. 
    That’s what I’m thinking.  Pearl Jam is a no-frills band. Their  music is what sells tickets. They have no Pyro, no smoke machines, and no flames throwers burning up the stage.  

I could be wrong, but the sphere doesn’t seem to be in their DNA. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    D-Rod said:
    PJ at the sphere is not happening you guys....why would a band with the least stage setup play a place like the sphere. 
    That’s what I’m thinking.  Pearl Jam is a no-frills band. Their  music is what sells tickets. They have no Pyro, no smoke machines, and no flames throwers burning up the stage.  

I could be wrong, but the sphere doesn’t seem to be in their DNA. 
    Wont happen this year or next year, but I could see them doing a 4 night stretch there someday for sure
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • I think the sphere is wishful thinking, but beyond the visuals it is supposed to sound great  that alone could be enough for the band (or any band) to play there.
  • I bought it and was in the midst of changing plans to attend Vegas rather than aiming for Vancouver/Portland. 

As it is, anyone know much about Vancouver and/or Portland in early May? I know it's definitely not ideal time to visit North Cascades or Crater Lake National Parks. Don't know much otherwise. Vancouver Island looks like paradise but likely not enough time to visit there.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    ^ Book a ferry and day trip there May 5, if that looks nice to you! 
  • I bought it and was in the midst of changing plans to attend Vegas rather than aiming for Vancouver/Portland. 

As it is, anyone know much about Vancouver and/or Portland in early May? I know it's definitely not ideal time to visit North Cascades or Crater Lake National Parks. Don't know much otherwise. Vancouver Island looks like paradise but likely not enough time to visit there.
    I bet crater lake will still be worth going! I went in a January and it was still beautiful. Cold, but beautiful. I was driving through so I made a detour to go. 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    The Sphere means NO Last Kiss to the back.

So...
    It sucks that they started mixing in Elderly Woman to the back of the stage crowd because you had to wait for the song to start before rushing out for piss and a beer.

Oh, where, of where can the baaaaatttthhhrrrooooommmm be?
  • Spunkie said:
    You think a day trip to Vancouver Island is enough? I follow a travel couple on YouTube and they showed quite a few very interesting things to do there. 

I bet crater lake will still be worth going! I went in a January and it was still beautiful. Cold, but beautiful. I was driving through so I made a detour to go. 
    Thanks for the insight. I thought it was crazy snowy and impassable throughout the winter.
    edited December 2023
    Spunkie said:
    You think a day trip to Vancouver Island is enough? I follow a travel couple on YouTube and they showed quite a few very interesting things to do there. 
    I was just thinking that you should overnight as there you definitely have time. Book early ferry back to Van though, as wind and cancellations put first comers in best position! Even if you don't rent a car, I've done this trip plenty with transit because I started driving later in life.

You could also do it on the 7th isn't there a nice break between Portland and Vancouver?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
    Spunkie said:
    Spunkie said:
    I was just thinking that you should overnight as there you definitely have time. Book early ferry back to Van though, as wind and cancellations put first comers in best position! Even if you don't rent a car, I've done this trip plenty with transit because I started driving later in life.

You could also do it on the 7th isn't there a nice break between Portland and Vancouver? @Zod and @oftenreading are islanders 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663

Thanks for the insight. I thought it was crazy snowy and impassable throughout the winter.
    I was 21 young and dumb and didn’t research much so maybe I just completely lucked out with the snow. There was a lot, but the roads were completely clear. 
  • ChrrieChrrie Posts: 99
    Williston said:
    Maroon 5 tickets for 5/17 in Vegas secured.... lol

Have to wonder if we see an Adam Levine drumming appearance at the 5/16 Vegas show
    They are playing 18th as well, so PJ can’t be playing MGM and T-Mobile is being used by Kane Brown. The Sphere is starting to become more possible.
    Think the Sphere fits, likely wasn't the original plan, but moved to the front. Along with the burbank test stage rumor, members of the band have been to the Sphere to check out U2, then again, who in music hasn't, but the Sphere isn't as far fetched as many believed in the begining. 366 ft tall Mike shredding to Black is just as entertaining as some random visuals of the desert. What U2 did isn't far off from what PJ would/could do for a show. 
    PJ fans better hope it's not the Sphere. Based on the U2 Ticket prices.
    PJ fans lost their collective shit and longed for 1991 Eddie when PJ tickets went past $100.

Phish had three pricing levels: $108, $137, and $181 for the best seats and GA. Honestly way more reasonable than I thought it was going to be for the second band to play there.

I was in the not gonna happen crowd when it comes to PJ playing the Sphere but the sound is absolutely incredible and I would want them to play there for that alone even if nothing was projected on the screen. That said even U2 had a few songs that only utilized the middle area for some live closeups which would still look awesome. 

can always do bar hopping in Portland where locally brewed IPA is everywhere...
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft. Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023) | Portland, OR (May 10, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 16, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 18, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 28, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 30, 2024) | Manchester (June 25, 2024) | Missoula (August 22, 2024) | Indianapolis (August 26, 2024) | Chicago (August 31, 2024) | Philadelphia (September 09, 2024) | Baltimore (September 12, 2024)

that the same arena they were supposed to play in 2022 that got cancelled, the MGM Grand Arena? Had a ticket to that one...
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft. Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023) | Portland, OR (May 10, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 16, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 18, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 28, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 30, 2024) | Manchester (June 25, 2024) | Missoula (August 22, 2024) | Indianapolis (August 26, 2024) | Chicago (August 31, 2024) | Philadelphia (September 09, 2024) | Baltimore (September 12, 2024)
This discussion has been closed.