Is the Vault vinyl series done?

Comments

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,242
    edited May 2023
    static111 said:
    Why do they drop two very expensive vinyls within weeks of each other?!  Some of us are not made of money
    This is a very good question. @Santos L. Halper Did the band consider static111’s finances prior to deciding the release date of vault 11?
    Post edited by mookieblalock on
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    static111 said:
    Why do they drop two very expensive vinyls within weeks of each other?!  Some of us are not made of money
    This is a very good question. @Santos L. Halper Did the band consider static111’s finances prior to deciding the release date of vault 11?
    Nah this is a bad take. He has a good point. They hit us up for $50 two and a half weeks ago, now they want another 90? $140 in a two paycheck span is more than some of my bills. 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,242
    kmcmanus said:
    static111 said:
    Nah this is a bad take. He has a good point. They hit us up for $50 two and a half weeks ago, now they want another 90? $140 in a two paycheck span is more than some of my bills. 
    They didn’t “hit you up” for anything. You just really wanted something they were offering. Sounds like a you problem.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    AO253126 said:
    The vinyl obsession is so ridiculous and has killed the Vault series. Who wants to flip records six times to listen to a 2-3 hour show? If it wasn’t for the “need for vinyl” and pressing issues, we could and should be getting a monthly digital Vault show. Especially during these slow times, why not keep the fan base engaged with Vault releases via Nugs?

Gah! Sorry. This is a sore subject with me. 
    2.5 hour show = 150 minutes / 6 = getting up every 25 minutes. Doesn’t seem too bad.

There is a lot of good literature out there correlating prolonged sitting with negative health effects. 
    This is awesome. The best rationale I've heard for these vinyl releases that have 1-2 tracks per side.
    Totally, because people have no ability to stand up and move around independent of whether there's a record on...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    static111 said:
    It's a shame that you're being forced to buy these completely superfluous items, especially the one that has been available in various formats already for almost 30 years.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    static111 said:
    This is amazing lol.  Can’t afford it, don’t buy it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    It'd be nice if we had an end date for this sale.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I hope this means the Vault series will continue, and now that we're caught up on vinyl releases for previous vaults, hopefully we get something brand new next year :)
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Posts: 1,596
    Excellent news! Ordered.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    So people are complaining they're releasing too much stuff now?
    We really will complain about anything. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    ^^I don't like that comment! 

Love you all. Def stuck on the vaults.

Because I cannnn't, I wooonn't, I don't stop
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    This vault is a no brainer.  This has to be the most popular pj boot ever.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,244
    I hope they keep going with Vault series. I also hope the next one is something we haven’t already had a good recording of. Although I ordered 11 and am happy to get it on vinyl. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    I can afford it.  Just like the over priced concert tickets.  I just feel like spending over $100 on PJ stuff in a couple weeks is crazy person behavior.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    BF25394 said:
    static111 said:
    It's a shame that you're being forced to buy these completely superfluous items, especially the one that has been available in various formats already for almost 30 years.
    I think it is hilarious some of the replies you guys are coming up with.  I'm unsure where anyone thought I was having my arm twisted.  I have the bootleg.  It would be nice to have it on vinyl.  They don't usually release two good sets of vinyl within weeks of each other.  I set myself a monthly budget for vinyl so I don't compulsively buy too much.  This month RSD cleaned out the budget.  I think it is great that they are releasing some of the good shows from when they kicked so much ass, I just wish it was announced next month.  If this was Benaroya hall reissue, no questions I would throw my budget out the window.  For this set I will be disappointed I didn't get it but I'm ok with that.
    Scio me nihil scire

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,725
    If like most vaults, it could very well still be available next month.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I don't know why anyone ever thought the Vault series was coming to an end? There has been zero evidence whatsoever supporting that. None.
    If like most vaults, it could very well still be available next month.
    That is what I am hoping for.
    Scio me nihil scire

edited May 2023
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    I can afford it.  Just like the over priced concert tickets.  I just feel like spending over $100 on PJ stuff in a couple weeks is crazy person behavior.
    In the last 30 days we've had both cars needing a tow for repairs and hospital visits totaling over $6,000. The way I look at it, I can't really afford any more expenses right now....but at that rate will I even notice an extra $80 charge on the credit card? Nope.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,046
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    In the last 30 days we've had both cars needing a tow for repairs and hospital visits totaling over $6,000. The way I look at it, I can't really afford any more expenses right now....but at that rate will I even notice an extra $80 charge on the credit card? Nope.
    Yikes! I hope things settle down for you. That's a lot to deal with in a month. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    edited May 2023
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    My problem is that I don't use credit cards except for all out emergencies, and not ordering the vault on time just doesn't qualify as an emergency for me.

Sorry about your short term bad circumstances hopefully everything turns around real quick.
    Scio me nihil scire

edited May 2023
    I buy everything on my card and usually pay it off. May take an extra month or 2 this time.
    Its a card through Costco with cash awards. I just got my yearly award last month, was $1200 (so timing was good on that). When I cashed it the guy was surprised, asked if I took a big trip or something. I said no, just put everything on it. Utility's, phone, everything autopay is on it. And use it for almost all purchases. We usually end up with around $1200 cash back every year.  We get a check around August too for usually about $200. I think that one is just based off if Costco purchases and the other one is all purchases. I don't know, they send me a check and I cash it. Pays to use it though. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    I buy everything on my card and usually pay it off. May take an extra month or 2 this time.
    Its a card through Costco with cash awards. I just got my yearly award last month, was $1200 (so timing was good on that). When I cashed it the guy was surprised, asked if I took a big trip or something. I said no, just put everything on it. Utility's, phone, everything autopay is on it. And use it for almost all purchases. We usually end up with around $1200 cash back every year. 
    My buddy was telling me to do this with a Costco card as well.  $1200 would pay for the yearly cost of my Pearl Jam addiction!
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Its a card through Costco with cash awards. I just got my yearly award last month, was $1200 (so timing was good on that). When I cashed it the guy was surprised, asked if I took a big trip or something. I said no, just put everything on it. Utility's, phone, everything autopay is on it. And use it for almost all purchases. We usually end up with around $1200 cash back every year. 
    My buddy was telling me to do this with a Costco card as well.  $1200 would pay for the yearly cost of my Pearl Jam addiction!
    Yup. I edited to add we get about $200 in the summer too. Not a bad gig. 
    I know a lot of people get flights with theirs, but I like having the cash, can fly a lot of places for that $1400 we get if we wanted to.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    static111 said:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I don't know why anyone ever thought the Vault series was coming to an end? There has been zero evidence whatsoever supporting that. None.
    You are not wrong. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,725
    JimmyV said:
    You are not wrong. 
    but someone said something on Facebook once so it has to be true. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    So what show will be next for Vault 12?
    I'm starting to doubt we'll ever get another 95 or 96 show. They were playing a 95 on PJ radio this morning, and the sound was awful. I was disappointed with he official Soldier Field release. I think maybe those recordings aren't as good as we thought or hoped.
    I think they will do Benny soon. Probably not 12, but before 15 is my guess.
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    For ‘96, I’d simply take something in the style of LO2L at this point. I’m assuming they have some stuff - just maybe not complete shows.