Is the Vault vinyl series done?

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    drfox said:
    Different to the 10c singles as they were “free” items. 
    I mean we paid for them. Tenclub just decided they could remove them, not replace them with anything else for a higher profit margin, but not loose members. Which i guess was true. We were a tad taken for the fools that we as a collective are.
    I think most people lowered their membership status to digital when they took away the record.
    I'm also guessing they probably about broke even with the whole analog thing. Between the shirt, Deep and single with shipping, they weren't making a lot off that extra $20.
    And now that everyone lowered their status to digital, they just made one, upped the price by $15, but donate $5 to charity and give us a $10 download. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    I think the vast majority of people maintain 10C accounts for the ticket privileges at this point. I wouldn't expect changing/removing perks like the single, mag, shirt, etc. to move the needle a ton.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    Let us pray it's not done.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    axeljohan said:
    Did they ever mention access to vault releases as a benefit of being in the club before the 2022 update? Because from the new description, I would take the “Exclusive Merchandise” part of the benefits where it says “vinyl” to include the vault. 

But yes, the Ten Club will do something until they don’t. So I’m not sweating this until we hit the summer. 
    Could we take this as the club's motto?
    Isn't it more like the Ten Club won't do something until it does?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    pjl44 said:
    I think the vast majority of people maintain 10C accounts for the ticket privileges at this point. I wouldn't expect changing/removing perks like the single, mag, shirt, etc. to move the needle a ton.
    Yah, that's what I keep mine for.   I feel like it's expensive just for ticket access.  Sort of feels like fan clubs I would of joined 10 to 20 years ago, where I'd hop on a bands fan club, use the presale access, then not renew it the next year.  50 dollar premium for getting good tickets kind of thing.
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    Yah, that's what I keep mine for.   I feel like it's expensive just for ticket access.  Sort of feels like fan clubs I would of joined 10 to 20 years ago, where I'd hop on a bands fan club, use the presale access, then not renew it the next year.  50 dollar premium for getting good tickets kind of thing.
    Oh yeah. I've done that with Metallica, R.E.M., a few others. Pearl Jam really hooks ya with the seniority aspect though.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited March 2023
    They don't need to do a vinyl pressing as far as I'm concerned. I would rather get a full show than a shortened one just to fit on a record or two. 

Imo, it would be foolish to stop the vault series, especially since many PJ fans have had these shows bootlegged for years and would happily pay to get them in better sound quality. 

It would be super helpful if the PJ camp communicated better with their fans about what is happening. I know we get an email a month, but with all do respect, I think we can all agree it is lacking. 

There are so many classic shows from 1991-1998 that could be a vault release. I assume most PJ fans will buy a special show regardless of the format it is presented in (CD, MP3, record, etc) and PJ already has the recordings. 

It seems like minimal work to get profit and keep some of the fires burning. Hopefully the PJ camp realizes this and keeps the vault releases going.

I can think of ten shows from the 90's that would be great candidates for future release. It would help build their legacy as a live act (similar to the Grateful Dead's 'Dick Picks' series). The profits could also be used for charity. It seems like a win win to keep it going. 

Hoping Kat, Sea or someone from the PJ camp hears these points and considerations.  :-)
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,614
    edited March 2023
    That’s assuming they have tapes of those shows. As we’ve learned over the years, before 2000, they weren’t consistently recorded. It’s entirely possible we have the best of what they have in the archive. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    That’s assuming they have tapes of those shows. As we’ve learned over the years, before 2000, they weren’t consistently recorded. It’s entirely possible we have the best of what they have in the archive. 

It feels like they recorded more and with better equipment the further a long they went.  We know they didn't record MSG '98 because of the extra money required, but that does indicate (along with lo2l) that a large part of the Yield tour was recorded.   I feel like there's more stuff out there.

#releasemissoula98
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,085
    Zod said:

It feels like they recorded more and with better equipment the further a long they went.  We know they didn't record MSG '98 because of the extra money required, but that does indicate (along with lo2l) that a large part of the Yield tour was recorded.   I feel like there's more stuff out there.

#releasemissoula98
    If (if) not a full show. Atleast something that can be put together as "Yield Tour East Coast leg compilation" or whatever.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Zod said:

#releasemissoula98
    Let's make this trend! :plus_one:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    Release more Pearl Jam Vault vinyl! 
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108
    The only bootleg I can't find, and I hope it will be released on the vault someday, was the show at Wrigley Field from 2013, it was the only time , in Chicago anyways, they played "Bugs" live 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    AA295481 said:
    The only bootleg I can't find, and I hope it will be released on the vault someday, was the show at Wrigley Field from 2013, it was the only time , in Chicago anyways, they played "Bugs" live 
    My prediction is they will release it as a vault, but had technical difficulties and Bugs was not recorded.
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108
    edited March 2023
    mace1229 said:
    AA295481 said:
    My prediction is they will release it as a vault, but had technical difficulties and Bugs was not recorded.
    Bummer! It makes sense it wasn't recorded, if memory serves, I think it was the first song after the rain
    Post edited by AA295481 on
  • todd141todd141 Posts: 9
    mace1229 said:
    drfox said:
    Different to the 10c singles as they were “free” items. 
    I mean we paid for them. Tenclub just decided they could remove them, not replace them with anything else for a higher profit margin, but not loose members. Which i guess was true. We were a tad taken for the fools that we as a collective are.
    I think most people lowered their membership status to digital when they took away the record.
    I'm also guessing they probably about broke even with the whole analog thing. Between the shirt, Deep and single with shipping, they weren't making a lot off that extra $20.
    And now that everyone lowered their status to digital, they just made one, upped the price by $15, but donate $5 to charity and give us a $10 download. 
    I don't think fan clubs should be about profit at all.  If they broke even, that should be good enough in my opinion.  Just sayin'
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited March 2023
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    AA295481 said:
    mace1229 said:
    AA295481 said:
    Bummer! It makes sense it wasn't recorded, if memory serves, I think it was the first song after the rain
    I think mace is joking about how historically pj tends to leave a song or two off records. So bugs may be there if it ever comes out. ;)
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    The vinyl obsession is so ridiculous and has killed the Vault series. Who wants to flip records six times to listen to a 2-3 hour show? If it wasn’t for the “need for vinyl” and pressing issues, we could and should be getting a monthly digital Vault show. Especially during these slow times, why not keep the fan base engaged with Vault releases via Nugs?

Gah! Sorry. This is a sore subject with me. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,242
    The vinyl obsession is so ridiculous and has killed the Vault series. Who wants to flip records six times to listen to a 2-3 hour show? If it wasn’t for the “need for vinyl” and pressing issues, we could and should be getting a monthly digital Vault show. Especially during these slow times, why not keep the fan base engaged with Vault releases via Nugs?

2.5 hour show = 150 minutes / 6 = getting up every 25 minutes. Doesn’t seem too bad.

There is a lot of good literature out there correlating prolonged sitting with negative health effects. 
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    I hope they release a Vault box set of shows that haven’t been released! Just do it in one lump sum! Bam!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    I’ve always hoped for Leeds 2014.
    Once it became about vinyl it became less about the contents of the vault, and that's a shame. Many of the shows people ask for in these threads are already available on CD and in lossless formats. They want them on vinyl, which is fine and an obvious moneymaker for the band, but it has nothing to do with any vault. 

It's nice to have a physical copy of some of these shows and they do a nice job with the packaging
    edited March 2023
    pjl44 said:

It's nice to have a physical copy of some of these shows and they do a nice job with the packaging
    I’d rather have the complete show since digital has no limitations than nice packaging. Like @JimmyV said, for me it’s about the music. I guess it’s no different than how merch-madness has taken over the concerts. 
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    I think this dovetails nicely into the discussion how much they actually have in the vault in complete form. 

edited March 2023
    If flipping a record becomes a chore, maybe the hobby isn't for you. Its kinda ingrained in the thing. 

Also, with the way the band releases stuff, theres no guarantee we would be getting more if things were digital only.

I mean, could they? for sure. But they also could release vinyl at the same clip. I think in general the band and management are measured in terms of what gets put out into the world. We may not like their reasons (or get explanations for them), but at the end of the day it is their content. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    If flipping a record becomes a chore, maybe the hobby isn't for you.
    Never has been. I listen to every PJ show, every tour in order, as well as audience recordings of many other bands that I or other tapers tape, almost all digital/FLAC. 

And I don’t begrudge people that enjoy the activity, but I hate that bands have started to delay releases because of the vinyl supply chain issues. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Just watched an interview with Jeff from Aug 2021. Two things of note: 

1) he said they have the next few mapped out
    2) he knows people want older shows, but most of them aren’t “on DAT”, or they are missing some of the show, etc. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Just watched an interview with Jeff from Aug 2021. Two things of note: 

1) he said they have the next few mapped out
    2) he knows people want older shows, but most of them aren’t “on DAT”, or they are missing some of the show, etc. 
    Is that the same interview where he said something along the lines of "we usually are working on two at any given time, and right now one is a mix of soundboard and audience recordings?"