Is the Vault vinyl series done?

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited March 2023
    Loujoe said:
    AA295481 said:
    mace1229 said:
    AA295481 said:
    The only bootleg I can't find, and I hope it will be released on the vault someday, was the show at Wrigley Field from 2013, it was the only time , in Chicago anyways, they played "Bugs" live 
    My prediction is they will release it as a vault, but had technical difficulties and Bugs was not recorded.
    Bummer! It makes sense it wasn't recorded, if memory serves, I think it was the first song after the rain
    I think mace is joking about how historically pj tends to leave a song or two off records. So bugs may be there if it ever comes out. ;)
    Haha, yes. That was just my prediction. They’ve left songs off before due to technical difficulties, tape changes, etc. So of course it would happen to the one song they never play. I’m just betting on Murphy’s law.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Just watched an interview with Jeff from Aug 2021. Two things of note: 

1) he said they have the next few mapped out
    2) he knows people want older shows, but most of them aren’t “on DAT”, or they are missing some of the show, etc. 
    i read an article from 2021 the other day that said the same thing. Wonder if it was the same interview. My first thought was I wonder if he was talking about rereleasing 1 and 2 as vinyl
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mace1229 said:

2) he knows people want older shows, but most of them aren’t “on DAT”, or they are missing some of the show, etc. 
    i read an article from 2021 the other day that said the same thing. Wonder if it was the same interview. My first thought was I wonder if he was talking about rereleasing 1 and 2 as vinyl
    it was an interview with some guy named Kyle. he was interviewing him about I Should Be Outside. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    They can sunset the thing any time, regardless of what Jeff said 2 years ago 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    pjl44 said:
    The vinyl obsession is so ridiculous and has killed the Vault series. Who wants to flip records six times to listen to a 2-3 hour show? If it wasn’t for the “need for vinyl” and pressing issues, we could and should be getting a monthly digital Vault show. Especially during these slow times, why not keep the fan base engaged with Vault releases via Nugs?

Gah! Sorry. This is a sore subject with me. 
    It's nice to have a physical copy of some of these shows and they do a nice job with the packaging
    You really think so? I have found the Vault packaging to be pretty uninspired, especially for what they cost. It's a sturdy package, but other than that it's pretty blah. Basically no liner notes. No color photos. Many of the photos are blurred or washed out.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,614
    edited March 2023
    I love the minimal, bootleggy vibe of it. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    They can sunset the thing any time, regardless of what Jeff said 2 years ago 
    I like that phrase. Very poetic. I'm gonna steal that. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    If flipping a record becomes a chore, maybe the hobby isn't for you.
    Never has been. I listen to every PJ show, every tour in order, as well as audience recordings of many other bands that I or other tapers tape, almost all digital/FLAC. 

And I don’t begrudge people that enjoy the activity, but I hate that bands have started to delay releases because of the vinyl supply chain issues. 
    I think I see where we diverge - I don't have the time, desire (or space) to listen to every show every tour
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169

Can't wait for the Vault 11 Atlanta '94 vinyl release. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    Zod said:
    That’s assuming they have tapes of those shows. As we’ve learned over the years, before 2000, they weren’t consistently recorded. It’s entirely possible we have the best of what they have in the archive. 

It feels like they recorded more and with better equipment the further a long they went.  We know they didn't record MSG '98 because of the extra money required, but that does indicate (along with lo2l) that a large part of the Yield tour was recorded.   I feel like there's more stuff out there.

#releasemissoula98

Hang on though.

I swear I've heard MSG 98 (at least Breath) on PJ radio...or am I hearing an audience recording? I know I've heard Eddie's speech about how the fans ask and ask and the band gives and gives....
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Zod said:
    That’s assuming they have tapes of those shows. As we’ve learned over the years, before 2000, they weren’t consistently recorded. It’s entirely possible we have the best of what they have in the archive. 

It feels like they recorded more and with better equipment the further a long they went.  We know they didn't record MSG '98 because of the extra money required, but that does indicate (along with lo2l) that a large part of the Yield tour was recorded.   I feel like there's more stuff out there.

#releasemissoula98

Hang on though.

I swear I've heard MSG 98 (at least Breath) on PJ radio...or am I hearing an audience recording? I know I've heard Eddie's speech about how the fans ask and ask and the band gives and gives....
    @NHidi@NHiding
    Can you share your suede?
    www.cluthelee.com
    Source. Ducking autos Pell. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Fuck!! Source. Not suede. Dammit Apple! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    edited March 2023
    Zod said:

#releasemissoula98

Hang on though.

@NHidi@NHiding
    LMAO. 

HAULTS MAUL!!!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Zod said:

#releasemissoula98

Hang on though.

@NHidi@NHiding
    LMAO. 

HAULTS MAUL!!!
    I’d say so!! LOL! Anticipate my words better duckers! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Vault Vinyl 11 please!
    ISO Vault 11 vinyl pre order link. 
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    The vinyl obsession is so ridiculous and has killed the Vault series. Who wants to flip records six times to listen to a 2-3 hour show? If it wasn’t for the “need for vinyl” and pressing issues, we could and should be getting a monthly digital Vault show. Especially during these slow times, why not keep the fan base engaged with Vault releases via Nugs?

Gah! Sorry. This is a sore subject with me. 
    2.5 hour show = 150 minutes / 6 = getting up every 25 minutes. Doesn’t seem too bad.

There is a lot of good literature out there correlating prolonged sitting with negative health effects. 
    This is awesome. The best rationale I've heard for these vinyl releases that have 1-2 tracks per side.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    edited May 2023
    What erroneous thoughts am I supposed to be angry about now????  

I heard Cameron is going to play only bongos going forward.  This is bullshit!
  • RB16012RB16012 Posts: 73
    demetrios said:
    When do we start requesting shows for vault 12?  =)

Ill start; A 1996 show, Bridge School, 2004 show
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    RB16012 said:
    demetrios said:
    When do we start requesting shows for vault 12?  =)

Ill start; A 1996 show, Bridge School, 2004 show
    I hope they rerelease Benny some day 
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    Regarding digital releases, did the "Instant Classic" series ever get more than one show?  I believe it was just the Missoula 2012 show, right?  Why did that fall apart?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Why do they drop two very expensive vinyls within weeks of each other?!  Some of us are not made of money
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    So do we think this is the last Vault vinyl in the series?  It would be nice if they could confirm.  
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    So do we think this is the last Vault vinyl in the series?  It would be nice if they could confirm.  
    They are making money, so no I don’t think there’s an end in sight. I’d say at least another 10 years of vault releases.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    Regarding digital releases, did the "Instant Classic" series ever get more than one show?  I believe it was just the Missoula 2012 show, right?  Why did that fall apart?
    Just the one show. Felt like poor planning on that series. IMO, we've had plenty of shows since then that should have been instant classics. :shrug: 
    matt84 said:
    They are making money, so no I don’t think there’s an end in sight. I’d say at least another 10 years of vault releases.
    But until they confirm, we should keep this thread alive and be angry we've lost a 10c exclusive.