Options

Name something *great* a PJ fan has done for you!

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited October 2008 in The Porch
In the spirit of spreading happiness and balancing some of the negativity that his been brought up regarding bad PJ fans in the past few weeks, I want to start a thread to share the *great* things PJ fans do for each other. So, if you have ever had a PJ fan on this board (or elsewhere) do something nice for you, post it here! Just make sure it's not something that's going to get that good PJ fan in trouble. ;)

I can name many, but I'll start out with just one (for now):

elwayvedder from this board was kind enough to pick me up a couple of the PJ tote bags during the East Coast tour. I desperately wanted some and he was kind enough to help me out. :)
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    somebody i didnt even know bought me both EV solo posters from the west coast and sent them to me for free and wouldnt let me pay even after i insisted!
  • Options
    I've received free bootlegs from demetrios and Tangerine.
    All of which are still very much appreciated!!
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    I've received free bootlegs from demetrios and Tangerine.
    All of which are still very much appreciated!!
    2 great ppl there :)
  • Options
    i've received cd's and DVD's from great fans!!!! thanks so much!!!
    ur all so awesome!!!! :D:D:D:D

I also want to add ****that some have been GREAT FRIENDS :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    I've gotten a Grand Rapids dvd and Philly 05 dvd from 2 different members here. I forgot the names, but whoever it was thanks!

edit: great thread BTW!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    the first thing that comes to mind is not appropriate for an all ages board ;)
    and like that... he's gone.
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:

LOL
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:

I don't know if Senrock! would want people to know that about her anyway...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Ummmm....???

How about sex??

Yes thats right.
  • Options
    hmm where to start
    1st Mark Richards - many boots, dvd's over the years, and then getting my board signed by Ed ( even though he didnt want to hassle Ed)

2nd the 3 interegators from Newcastle 06 australia, getting the petition started and arranging pre show party which raised $4000 for the local kiddies hospital that my little one attends often. then giving her a stickman T. also their support in my efforts to raise funds for CF.

3 rd the many many jammers who supported me when I held my charity auction, those who bidded, those who gave support and encouragement and especially those who donated $$ directly to CFNSW.

I cannot thank all of these people enough, what a wonderfull group. a wonderfull xperience for me, gave me a new and hopefull outlook on others for the first time in a long time.
    GREAT THREAD
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    demetrios - i don't think we eeven need to explain why he should be on many peoples lists :)

beerbaron - sold me his spare to London 07... and made me warm up to toronto people hahaha.

darkstar - saves me in katowice and hooks me up with plane ticket venice ticket and a place to sleep. OH and... sends me shoes to save on UPS postage ;)

jbiz - teaches me the ropes and drives me places even though i fall asleep and am no fun on a roadtrip

cropdustress - puts me up for over a week in a place i'da never gone if it wasnt for her - croatia is beautiful

there are too many to name (hinny, hitch-hiker, einatshaul, pegasus... heineken helen, emmi...) i could go on forever here hahaha.

especially equallyworthless & wife - they provide me with sofa to sleep on, weekly. (HAHA!) and give me poptarts and chocolate chai tea in the morning!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    gndcd402 wrote:
    somebody i didnt even know bought me both EV solo posters from the west coast and sent them to me for free and wouldnt let me pay even after i insisted!

I have had a similar experience, a guy over at BRY helped me out with all three of the east coast solo posters and a zippo, and was quite offended when i sent payment as he was doing it as a favour.....Become good friends too, great guy.

A guy on here offered me his ten club tickets,

I could go on, Pearl jam fans and the Pj community are second to none, they truely are awesome.
  • Options
    EisiEisi Posts: 61
    Dirty Stuart sent me a Benaroya dvd boot, completely free of charge. I love him for that :)

When i went to the Copenhagen show in 2007 i had two extra tickets and was looking to offload them and contacted a guy from Liverpool here on the board who needed one. When we met in Copenhagen i desperatly tried to give him the ticket but he insisted he would pay for it. We settled on a small fee, lower than face value.

That´s the only thing i've been able to do for a fellow PJ fan as of yet.
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I don't know if Senrock! would want people to know that about her anyway...

WHAT THE.... :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    I was looking for a Detroit Ames poster, the one with the car into the tree, and a guy had it for me to buy at cost that he bought it from 10C.

He was going to ship it out around the time I was getting married and going on a honeymoon, so I PM'd him to see if I could send him the money before he sends the poster. Just in case he tried to get in contact with me while I was away and thought I wasnt responding.

Anyway his reply was "Consider it a wedding present, no charge"

I couldnt even pay him for the postage!

His name is SABOTAGE and I dont know him from a bar of soap and visa versa, but he gave me a poster as a wedding present.

Time to thank you in the public arena mate!! Top bloke.
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    equallyworthless and wife, doin'the-evolution, pegasus, theseeker74 and everyone else involved for including me in the tour plans for the east coast, even though i did very little to help out with booking! it was all done when i tried to help
    KPearljammer for sending me the beacon shirt and a plethora of dvd's which will be coming with it, also driving 6000 miles on the tour and helping out with rides for his friends
    doin'the-evolution again for still remaining friends with me after we lost each other in the Katowice crowd, and then found each other then lost each other again... i said i would watch out for her!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    someone named Low_Light03 helped me split a video that i downloaded from here...:)
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    There was this page (and still is) somewhere on the net..Thank you Pearl jam or something..Peace Love Pearl Jam I can't find the web now.
    Anyway there is a funny coincidence I remember from there. first there is the thank you note from one girl and then some guy which friend passed away and this girl met him in one club and kind of helped huim get throught it..
    Well read it yourself I found it quite amazing and the girl probably doens't even know..
    AHHA found it >>>
    http://www.peacelovepearljam.com/typj/sitemission.html
    Girl on Page 2 and guy no page 5.

One Pearl Jam fan bought me 2 beers in a row once :D
  • Options
    In November 2006 at Pearl Jam's third concert in Melbourne, I was sitting in my seat at Rod Laver and this fan came up to me and asked if I was by myself, I said yes and she said would you like to sit with us one of our friends couldn't make it tonight so we have a spare ticket for the very front row right in front of the stage. It was the Best night of my life!!
    1995 Melbourne, 1998 Melbourne, 2003 Melbourne, 2006 Melbourne, 2009 Melbourne.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Pearl Jam fans kick ass!!
    I'd like to give a big thanks to everybody who donated items to the Newcastle pre-show fundraiser, especially Einat, who very kindly donated a George W. Bush mask which Ed had signed and given to her.
    Without everybody's help the event would have been a complete failure. Thank you!!
  • Options
    a BIG thanks again to mindi for picking me up a Zippo Lighter @ one of Ed's solo shows! Thanks mindi your Awesome!
  • Options
    Evolutionary and his trusty metal steed always save the day!
    He often ferries me about for meet ups and even drops everything to take me and mine miles out of his way because we drink too much and miss the last train home (:o) ... Legend.

Chime ALWAYS gives me the heads up on gigs/tour posters via the power of text and it's thanks to her that I own an REM Twickenham poster :D

Fifthelement took away the niggling pain of missing the East Coast shows by getting us T-shirts :D

Audiodave made me the happiest and luckiest girl alive when he told me he loves me :o:D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    wow... soooo many! whether it be for pearl jam or non-pearl jam related stuff

I was diving...
    tie-dye lady for the pearl jam stuff AND the Rob stuff ;)
    yellowled24
    ozsmalltowngirl - i get reminded of every day
    spoiled pj-wise by OzJammer! and other stuff :o
    heyjose - yeeeeh
    ozpjman - I OWE YOU ONE
    elcielo, shela, jurasica and pajo -helped me with some translation issues!
    Jeanie - being an understanding ear during some tough times

South of Seattle that keeps me in 'chapstick' :eek: and comebackgirl for passing it downunder... then Zoso for dropping it off in my letter box :D 3 person effort haha :D

most recently ozsmalltowngirl for offering me her Toronto poster from the poster sale in a trade with mine... so overwhelmed

a lovely community here, i'm saddened not everyone on my list is here as often
    wah
  • Options
    oh my gosh there is so many people... I'm going to give one recent example because if I start listing I'll never finish...

stylo17- out of nowhere sent me a PM telling me he had a surprise for me, and a few days later he dropped of (in my mailbox) a PJ Australia towel :D (he knew I really wanted one) and he had an extra one and gave it to me :)

I'm ecstatic! I love my towel and I'm forever thankful of such a giving gesture, he didn't ask me for anything as a trade, or for any money, I had to beg him to take some bootlegs from me and an EV pin.

rocknrullgrl and her hubby - picked up from the airport for the Camden show and drove us to the show (at which we had a great time watching 5 against 1 perform in the parking lot) and we were suppose to crash at the airport because our flight was at 6am and we wanted to save on hotel stay since we only had like 4 hours to sleep, well after we got there they offered a room in their house to crash in and they woke their asses up at 4:30am so that we could be at the airport at 5am :) We thank them for that til this day..

LukinFan is sending me something special this week :D

Just like these two I have sooooo many stories of great things my PJ friends have done for me....:)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    So many things . . .

Idratherbe – way too much - boots, shirts, dog tags – but most of all her friendship and many, many hours and days of kick ass good times!

Vedderfan10 – surprised me with some ITW stuff – completely out of the blue. She also sent me some old WHO pins she had lying around. She’s one cool woman!

Lostdawg – went shopping at a rare record store in Connecticut and picked up the Pete Townshend solo record “Who Came First” and made a CD of it for me.

jayscott - sent me a couple of Philllies figurines (that I'm looking at on my desk at work as I type this). Miss you jayscott, wish you still came around. :(

pineappleana - burned a copy of a certain thing that's not mentionable here :) but much appreciated

and last but not least, UCONNDAVE (RIP) surprised me with 2nd row seats for the Reading VFC show and 4th row seats for the Toledo VFC show.

Over the years I've had mostly positive experiences with PJ people, I'm happy to say.
  • Options
    Front Row Garden Night 2 - Thank You Nixon!!!
  • Options
    Been my best friends and the love of my life :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    aside from being my VERY BEST FRIEND, MrsVedder78 has hooked me up with some awesome boots!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    Got road head each day to and from all 3 jones beach shows in 2000
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    posted on behalf of the missing Pegasus...

I need to give Big thanks to:

Demetrios, for not only all the freebies, but putting up with my bad singing and manic jumping at the shows this year.

Hinny for giving me his Dusseldorf poster because he knew what it meant for me (He's got a huge bone-crunching hug coming his way on Friday!) and for reminding us it's about each other more than about just a band.

Kpearljammer for the freebies, and spending literally 4 days on the phone to get us the Beacon tickets (and getting in 12 people in total!!), and driving me all along the East Coast whilst putting up with my grumping, and hooking me up with some great upgrades…

Pinon and AMENt TO THAT for organizing the Magic bus in 06!

And Pin again for having us crazies wrecking her place for a whole weekend, twice! And for the Elk sausage ;)

Heineken Helen too! (the weekend partying, not the sausage).

Magda for picking up and sending me that EV poster.

Conguita and Parasol and Loveforall for housing me, transporting me and showing me a great time in Lisbon last year (and the year before).

thecandleofthought and energyman for buying the umbrellas in Lisbon 06 so we didn't cook!

Pjbiz for trying to be the voice of reason whilst being the devil at the same time!

TheSeeker74 for being such a great non-PJ concerts buddy! (PJ ones too of course!)

vedder_soup for being a great friend and risking the wrath of the mods by posting this for me, and delivering aforementioned Dusseldorf poster from the other side of the world ;)

And all the people who hooked me up with tickets/upgrades/rides/B&Ps/floor or bed to sleep on…

The list could go on, and will expend no doubt!

PJ fans rule!!!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!