Options

Name something *great* a PJ fan has done for you!

Comments

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    SENROCK! wrote:
    if i remember correctly, i believe it was meisterder who said he was grateful for you guys hookin up his gf with the ticket!

theres so many names to name here that have done alot of me. it maytake a while to write it out so i'll start with pearljgirl2010......

theres been something that i have wanted to do for soooooo long but never knew HOW to even go about it. One day pearljgirl & i were pming and before i knew it, she sent me some books of hers to help me learn about this specific topic. I was SO appreciative because i would have NEVER learned what I did hadd it not been for her!!! She is a very special person!!! Thank you Janet~ :)

aw shucks :-) you're welcome--I'm glad to give you the jumpstart...I do need an update though!!

yes--meistereiders gf--GTF34 is good people, just like SENROCK (with all of her awesome volunteering for WishList...)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Demtrios invited me to EV Toronto 2 and he wouldnt let me pay him for the ticket

see my appreciation thread

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=299232

Then he got banned :(
  • Options
    Demetrios hooked me up with bootlegs ect. and met him at EV Night 2 in TO.
    MrMerkinball helped me out with parking at EV Night 2 in TO.
    ~===================================~
    ~Toronto 2003, Kitchener-London-Hamilton 2005~
    ~
    Toronto I & II 2006
    ~
    ~===================================~
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    being a friend of LukinFan is all I can say
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Thank you again to Tom (I don't know if he posts here, or what his screenname is if he does), for selling me his extra tenth row Ten Club ticket to Chicago Night #2. It was the best seat I've had so far, and one of the best shows I've been to! THANK YOU SO MUCH TOM!!!

Tom - if you read this, PM me so I know who you are!
    PJ fan since 1991 (I was 14); Ten Club member since '95.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i'm reading again from page 1
    can't get enough!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Well...not to name names, but...

"Someone" sent me something really cool. He always thinks of others. :)

"Someone" else flew into Chicago to buy my extra C2 tickets. (Wait--was that good on me for selling them at face?). She is one cool chick. :)

"Someone" else sent me something special.

All or most of you have been the bitter (and sometimes sweet) pill I need when I am having a shit day.
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    jeffgq. in 2004 there was a CRAZY thread that hooker started about the kissimmee show. everyone was great in there jeffgq announced he hadd an exxxtra ticket in the 4th row. He was gonna give it to anyone in the thread that either won a quiz or something he started within the thread. I dont remember correctly but......i just know that the night before i was leaving to florida, he called and told me i was the lucky winner of his exxxtra ticket for free! :eek: i didnt even play the game!!!! We were all in xxxboxxxjunkies room having a pre-party and in walks jeffgq. we met for the first time and it was my firstever "blind date" to a pearl jam show AND being that close! i still thank him and we are still frenz!

more to come......
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    That dude who sold me his 10 Club Ticket for MSG2 this year was pretty rad.

I wish I knew your name. You were tall and had big hair and were wearing black. You didn't want to sit on stage left because you sat there the night before and sold your two tickets to me and some other girl.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Black Diamond. The dude is new here but he is freakin FABULOUS! In a short amount of time, we've become good frenz and shared personal stuff. within DAYS of talking here, he knew i liked KID ROCK and couldnt make it to the show in NYC so he went FOR me and reported back details!!!! :D Black D has an AMAZING wife and kids and when i needed help creating a gift for my goddaughter last week, he stayed up LATE helping me!

ANNNND tonite he emailed me a VERY SPECIAL PRESENT!!! :D Im not sure i should say what it is but let me tell you, if any of you know me you know i LOVE Kid Rock and Black D literally surprised the sh*t out of me!!!! I am SOOOOOO grateful!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Black Diamond. The dude is new here but he is freakin FABULOUS! In a short amount of time, we've become good frenz and shared personal stuff. within DAYS of talking here, he knew i liked KID ROCK and couldnt make it to the show in NYC so he went FOR me and reported back details!!!! :D Black D has an AMAZING wife and kids and when i needed help creating a gift for my goddaughter last week, he stayed up LATE helping me!

ANNNND tonite he emailed me a VERY SPECIAL PRESENT!!! :D Im not sure i should say what it is but let me tell you, if any of you know me you know i LOVE Kid Rock and Black D literally surprised the sh*t out of me!!!! I am SOOOOOO grateful!!!

Maybe he could send you all the ashtrays and lighters is his house now that this nice chap is off the bungers. :D

Without naming names there are a group of us aussies that are pretty friendly and do a bit for each other. Even been on a coupla holidays together!

But they dont post here anymore coz the uptight mods gave us stick for being friendly.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    I have to give a posthumous shout-out to the uconndave! He hooked me up with an extra pair of tix to the VFC St Louis show in 04. If that wasn't enough he made it possible for me to get 2nd row center for the same show. RIP buddy..
  • Options
    i still can't figure out how the hell i didn't meet you in hartford and mansfield...it's mindboggling...i was with most of those same people!

Yeeeeah I don't know how we screwed that one up. :)
    Give it another shot next tour? Haha
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    i joined the pit initially to get advice about foreign shows on the Euro 06 tour.....and i remember getting great advice, then i moved onto starting to find copies of bsides, demos & gigs i didnt have. slowly started to crawl the MT a bit, and then AET.

i can remember getting help of various forms with all that stuff specifically from LukinFan, Mookie, |Release Me|, Pegasus, HHelen, hard2imgn, Ledbetterdays, Darkstar, and im probably forgetting about others.

all the cool fuckers on here make this place feel like home. aside from that i have to thank Rhino for his "Ode to a bun" poem, which i have been laughing at hysterically ever since i read it!
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I have not gotten any new things because that is not my thing, but I can say that I have a lot of people on here that responded to my thoughts on a couple of hard times I had this summer and for that I love you guys. It may sound funny to some other people but honestly there have been things I have been through that have been so hard to deal with and when I voice them here and people respond kindly, I feel a million times better.

That is the great thing that I have gotten from many people here.....
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I like the Pearl Jam fans that don't crash the website when I'm looking for tickets to my hometown shows :)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Small Town Beck for buying me a hat on the 08' east coast tour.

Thanks!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    I've received free bootlegs from Demetrios several times :)
  • Options
    PatricSaintIII...... in 06 this guy gave me some very exxxclusive news on something VERY pearl jam related that, made my life. Hadd he not shared this heads up, i never would have got to exxxperience what i did. :) And with my closest frenz no less! THANK YOU!!!

patrickredeyes. earlier this year, this awesome guy went above and beyond with something that.....means SO much to me. I hope to someday return the favor. Everytime i get the chance, i tell him how much i appreciate it. :)

more to come.....

• Options
    In fact, I don't know his name here ... he's one of the people running the site pjportugal.blogspot.com which has an enormous DVD list... when trying to start trading with my DVD collection beside the available downloads he burned me 17(!) blanks I sent to him ... THANK YOU MAN! ... AGAIN ... AND AGAIN :) That was really great!
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    T-Shirt friend 1 - Jürgen (Juergen):

Last year I helped a friend moving ... he found an old black PJ-shirt and gave it to me :) the front is a huge and coloured "Pearl Jam" logo, filling out the whole front of the shirt...the back is "Love is the law, Love under will" - maybe you know it, couldn't find a picture in the net ... but it's a rare and old item ... I'm really glad about it :)

THANK YOU, BUDDY!

T-Shirt friend 2 - Sonja:

I met her as a colleague when we worked in the service of our university library...and since I was (and am) a huge fan the topic lead to the thrilling fact that HER FIRST PJ-SHOW (she did not know the boys really before) WAS MANSFIELD III 2003 ... she lost her boot, I borrowed her mine and after I helped her moving she gave to me a white Riot Act shirt (the "scarecrow" motive which is still avaivalable in the "goods" section of pearljam.com.

THANK YOU, SONJA! :)

...anyone wanna move these days? ;)
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Definitely the friendships. Other than going to gigs together (and not just PJ) there has been getting each other merch, selling each other 10c tickets at face, sending each other bootlegs, even being sent vinyl someone wouldn't let me pay them for (you're a star!) ... but what it has produced is amazing friends ... and has meant I've had some lovely holidays too :D

Next holiday with PJ friends ... next month ... can't wait!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    writersu wrote:
    I have not gotten any new things because that is not my thing, but I can say that I have a lot of people on here that responded to my thoughts on a couple of hard times I had this summer and for that I love you guys. It may sound funny to some other people but honestly there have been things I have been through that have been so hard to deal with and when I voice them here and people respond kindly, I feel a million times better.

That is the great thing that I have gotten from many people here.....

nicely worded....and ditto
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    JordyWordy wrote:
    nicely worded....and ditto

Thanks, nice to meet you............
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Off the top of my head:
    Lizardking hooked me up with the Albany 06 poster...
    Boston Lou with a few poster hookups...

Not to mention the countless times the good people here have hooked me up with various links to articles/pics/tabs/songs, ect... :)
  • Options
    I really don't want to name names, but if she reads this she knows who she is. In August, and at the last minute, I decided to hop on a bus down to DC to see Ed solo. I had planned to leave the following morning on the earliest bus out which meant I would have a seven hour wait after the show. A fan I met from New Mexico invited me to stay in her hotel room. Although I'd been feeling adventurous enough to stay on the streets, I gratefully accepted. My husband and kids - who were quite worried about me - were equally grateful.

Also, I forgot his screen name, but a fellow named Nate from Cali hooked me up with a last minute ticket for MSG 2. I was able to see the show with 2 of my daughters.

Most memorable was August 5th when I waited outside the United Palace Theater with a handful of fans waiting for Ed to get off the bus. He came over and said "hello", shook hands, etc. We all walked away in awe and it was a great experience to share.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    let me see....pj fans have done the following for me:
    ( in no particular order )

bought me a tote bag when i begged...
    made me copies of awesome bootlegs...
    let me sleep at their home...
    drove me around seattle...
    drove me around canada...
    drove me ...around....
    made me feel super welcome when i was traveling to shows alone...
    accepted me with open arms..open hearts..open minds...
    let me share a tent...a smoke...food...drinks...and dancing
    got me super awesome ticket upgrades...
    got me upfront, right in front of mike during VFC (thanks shaley!)...
    listened when no one else cared...
    let me cry on their shoulder, even though they didn't know it at the time...
    stop me from cutting myself one desperate night...
    let me just hang out with them...
    made me feel like a million dollars...
    renewed my faith in the human race...
    remind me that even after all this time, they're still my friends...

i love everyone i've ever met in the world of pearl jam....
    the bond is unbreakable.
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    I'd like to think I've put out a little of my own good PJ karma over the years to deserve all the good fortune I've had.

There have been sooo many people that have made being a PJ fan such a wonderful experience. From sharing bootlegs, places to stay, rides, hotels, tickets, etc. Some have been fellow fans who I've met along the way...Demetrios offered me his spare solo Ed ticket in LA and refused to take pmt along with all the boots, and other pj goodies of course, countless people from here and other boards have sent me stuff just out of the goodness of their hearts and out of love for the band.

The best part though is that I've met a good handful of really close friends that I would do anything for, and that's priceless. I consider them family.
  • Options
    Small Town Beck for buying me a hat on the 08' east coast tour.

Thanks!

Ahh thanks :)

You are a good friend as many cool people on here are and I didn't really include that in the something cool that a PJ fan has done for me. So thank you :)
  • Options
    i needed that cigarette. thanks

i don't mind menthol
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play