Options

Name something *great* a PJ fan has done for you!

Comments

• Options
    so sooooooooo many. I could be here all day, whether it's people giving me their spare tickets, letting me crash in their place, burning boots for me cos they know I can't, sending me merch from concerts I can't go to or just being a really really great friend, there are far too many names to mention! :o but just let it be known: I love you all :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I had an old skool dance off with Irish Al once... that was great!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Wow......I mean wow.

Has this group always been like this?

It really makes a person feel good to see such solidarity. Im new to this group along with my wife....and we havent been sent anything or asked really for anything....but I shared my feelings and experince.....and the messages people took the time out of their day to write to us were simply awesome..... heartfelt, genuine and honest words. It keeps us talking about this group all the time.

I just bought my very first poster and a few shirts for the family last week and attended my first show ever Ed Solo Toronto 1 and I must say Im hooked. We traded copies of the East Coast Sniper for a West Coast Sniper to a really nice fella(The Antreaper) and it was our first real interaction with this awesome group of music lovers. We wish we had more to offer but that comes with experince......cant wait to see the Band play live as we have only seen ED.

we look forward to paying it forward as we intend on riding the wave where it takes us.

So I guess what Im saying is we havent needed to having anything sent to us etc....to feel the positive vibe from this group.....its just there all around....Thank you for that.....from the new guy!
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:

So I guess what Im saying is we havent needed to having anything sent to us etc....to feel the positive vibe from this group.....its just there all around....Thank you for that.....from the new guy!
    :) it really is a wonderful group of people we got here!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    so sooooooooo many. I could be here all day, whether it's people giving me their spare tickets, letting me crash in their place, burning boots for me cos they know I can't, sending me merch from concerts I can't go to or just being a really really great friend, there are far too many names to mention! :o but just let it be known: I love you all :)

YOU!! :eek:

YOU got Dave and me together!!

That was pretty great... :o

Thank you :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    YOU!! : eek:

YOU got Dave and me together!!

That was pretty great... : o

Thank you : )
    :o that would have happened anyway... I just have no patience for two people being crazy about eachother and being too shy to do anything so I just wanted to speed it up a bit :D It was for my own sanity more than anything... purely selfish reasons :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :o that would have happened anyway... I just have no patience for two people being crazy about eachother and being too shy to do anything so I just wanted to speed it up a bit :D It was for my own sanity more than anything... purely selfish reasons :D

doesn't surprise me one jot :rolleyes:

Thanks for speeding it up though ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    doesn't surprise me one jot :rolleyes:

Thanks for speeding it up though ;)
    :D no probs... I'll hold it over your head for life though :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    a few honorary mentions. ;)

Heineken Helen - I'm FOREVER grateful for the spare Dublin 06 ticket she sold me!!! my first Pearl Jam concert. AND for letting me stay at her house for I don't know how many nights in total. :D

many thanks to everyone who's lent me a small space to sleep on (Helen, Irish Al, redrock..)

Irish Al and dunky - a couple of amazing fellas. always good to have a chat with. (btw, I witnessed the dance off dunky mentioned (and sort of was a part of it), good stuff!)

must thank Byrnzie for the coolcoolcool 06 tour hoodie he got me.

Jennytree, stonesgstring and Binaural - thank JU for the spare 07 tickets!!

everyone else.. (I'm gonna steal Helen's thing) love you all. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    aside from being my VERY BEST FRIEND, MrsVedder78 has hooked me up with some awesome boots!

I have to thank you too for picking me up a lighter at the Ed show after I regreted not buying one for myself in Vancouver, and that awesome LP you got me for Xmas :) and that special something that I still haven't received but that you are sending that I'm sure I'm going to like - LOL!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Being new to the pit it is extraordinary to see such empathy and solidarity within the group.

I certainly hope I get the opportunity to do my share and be a part of this moving exchange of kindness.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I've got a couple...

GivenToFly34....two words. SANTA BARBARA!! If you hadn't responded to my email re: extra ticket, well....
    walkunafraid--we exchanged tickets to Bridge School 06 and that worked out swimmingly!
    Mike-ummmmm.....cds, posters, etc out the wazoo.
    Demetrios...my mailbox surprise last week!!

Most importantly, WISHLIST FOUNDATION...i can't think of any other fans who have done as much as these guys...THANK YOU!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Pegasus - picked me up a shirt that was only for sale in Europe and got mad when I sent her a little extra $$ for it.

SOLAT - sent me the Make Poverty History DVD

Yamahita - sent me a SF DVD
    #FHP
  • Options

Most importantly, WISHLIST FOUNDATION...i can't think of any other fans who have done as much as these guys...THANK YOU!!!

I have to agree with you, definately WISHLIST FOUNDATION should be at the top of the list because they are a wonderful group of people that have done wonderful things :D

SO BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF THEM!

~Urs~
  • Options
    arielariel Posts: 191
    Cardinal wrote:
    Wow......I mean wow.

Has this group always been like this?

we look forward to paying it forward as we intend on riding the wave where it takes us.

....to feel the positive vibe from this group.....its just there all around....Thank you for that.....from the new guy!

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Cardinal, however, I do have to thank Canadian Viking for helping me get better seats to both Ed shows instead of just the one, and generally being a fantastic guy and a patient and tolerant host in TO. I really hope to repay that sometime.

Julienova was nice enough to send me a nice surprise, considering we’d never had any interaction – it made my day, and again, hopefully I can repay her too.

LukinFan for taking me at my word on something – really appreciate that.

Some great PJ people on another site that have helped me out with a few things – one in particular for a show I really wanted.

Other people for just being friendly and welcoming when I was at those shows, and then others who’ve PM’d info regarding something they read in a post here or there and trying to be helpful.

Like Cardinal – I’m doing my best to pay it forward, and can’t wait to see the band hopefully in the not too, too distant future :)
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • Options
    I drove to Tampa spur of the moment to try to attend the show that night.When i was checking into the hotel asked the guy standing behind me if he had an extra ticket.He said he had a extra 10c ticket and sold it to me for face value.I tried to buy him beers and such and he said he was just glad to help me out.What a cool ass cat.If it was a hockey game our seats were on the 3rd row from the glass right at the blue line and ed was the goalie .I owe you big time Boris.
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    cool thread.

i can't remember all, but i'll try.

in 98 my teacher gave me a tape of christmas singles. that was the best!

brian spencer of pjonline sent me 5 pj dvds.

avedavnia(sp) sold me an extra 10c ticket for my friend to use. (face value)

some guy found an ed vedder pick after an 08 show and gave it to me.

i've given out many pj chick keychains. made by me.

i really think pj has inspired people to be better. and i love that! power of the pj
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Berne, Switzerland, September 2006:
    I wasn't a ten club member yet and hadn't heard about the practice of opening the doors for ten club ticket holders earlier than for the other fans. Was pretty disappointed then, bitching around a little bit but finally resigned.
    A little later a guy came over and gave me his extra wrist band - I was so perplexed, I couldn't even thank him properly or ask his name.

So, if you happen to be around here and read this: Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Just a few...

Hinny for letting me crash on Hotel room floors across Australia.

Einat for introducing me to my wife.

and Jason for organize rides all the time.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I've received free bootlegs from demetrios and Tangerine.
    All of which are still very much appreciated!!

YES!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Okay, now that I have time, I want to mention some of the others:

- yamahita picked up the awesome Riot Act vinyl for me and was willing to trade it for one of my extra EV posters. woohoo!

- LukinFan kindly hooked me up with a couple very awesome boots that need not be mentioned. Very cool of him!

- a number of people (too many to mention, but i'll try: washedinblack91, coachchris, gndcd402, LongRd, Niko80, yoke) helped me out when I was looking for something Reznor-ish that Eddie had performed :D

- pjtradeking has been tremendously generous in offering to help me with a number of boots over the last few months

- wolfbear went out of her way to send me a whole bunch of awesome boots, complete with her original artwork, when we were only going to do a smaller exchange. just extremely generous of her!

- a whole bunch of people helped me with my project of finding a copy of every version of Release ever recorded (i got up to all but 17 versions thanks to the help of many PJ fans!)

- jblagg was also very helpful in hooking me up with a very special bootleg

- cutback is another who has been helpful in helping me get ahold of some much desired bootlegs :)

- Firecloud is yet ANOTHER who has helped me with boots :)

- meme sent me her PJ gym bag for FREE after my PJ Superbowl pool. what a gracious act!

- animal, pjtradeking, and i think a few others helped me play an April Fools joke on the board a few years back...about a "hidden track" on Avocado...anyone remember that? :D

I'm sure there are a ton of others, but those are the ones I remember from most recently. There really are a TON of generous, giving people on here. It's great to be part of such a wonderful community!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    pearl jam fans are some of the MOST generous people i have met!

a HUGE thank you to the guy i sat next to at toronto 2 08. he reads the pit often, but doesn't post here. thank you!!!!!!
  • Options
    doin'the-evolution
    both Italian Ames 06 poster for me because I wasn't able to reach computer that day and she sent it to me for free and wouldn't let me pay.

thank you doin'the-evolution, come to Croatia again ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    To those who joined me or have been cheering us on as we quit smoking on the AET thread.

You know who you are and how important you are to me

BD
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    To those who joined me or have been cheering us on as we quit smoking on the AET thread.

You know who you are and how important you are to me

BD

Oh that's great!!!!!!
    I wanna join you guys on that thread :) I just quit smoking on Monday last week.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Release30 invited me to stay and tailgate with him and his friends before WPB 08 and I had a freakin blast!

D and so many other people on here have hooked me up with some many boots, it's unreal!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Putting down individual things people have done is kinda tough. But the general enrichment of my life due to the people I've met through this board is amazing. So here are a few names anyway who've made me much happier over the past couple of years.

Doin' the-evolution, Heineken Helen, wolfamongstwolves, Dunkman, _Wash, Ausiodave, BurtsChips, redrock,....and so on and on. There's loads more. Right now I'm feeling lazy, so don't be offended if you've been left off this short list.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    im gunna go with everyone here and sharing the expierence of shows!!!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    i was hooked up with eddie vedder solo boston 2 fan club tickets the day of the show from this message board. i was going to go but then i work up that saturday and i decided, why the fuck not. i had a 2 hours ride ahead of me but was able to find someone on here that wanted to sell his. worked out perfectly. met him at the venue like 2 hours before and it was great.
  • Options
    Putting down individual things people have done is kinda tough. But the general enrichment of my life due to the people I've met through this board is amazing. So here are a few names anyway who've made me much happier over the past couple of years.

Doin' the-evolution, Heineken Helen, wolfamongstwolves, Dunkman, _Wash, Ausiodave, BurtsChips, redrock,....and so on and on. There's loads more. Right now I'm feeling lazy, so don't be offended if you've been left off this short list.
    :o awwww... that would be the main thing... just the friends I've made. It's not so much about doing stuff for people cos once those people are in your life it's like 'what's mine's yours' :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life