Options

Name something *great* a PJ fan has done for you!

Comments

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    this thread makes me happy.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    last year at lolla i meet a group of guys who waited all day on the rail with me and they were wicked cool...then this year at bonnaroo the same group of guys were waiting with us to make the dash to the pit line...we were making plans to get there first it was really funny. im 18 and not the biggest kid so they all kinda looked after me too when people started to try to get to the front of the pit line to get in and we were getting crushedd
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    If it wasn't for Dirty Tom I would have never got to meet Eddie in Chicago! A bunch of us were standing outside the front of Stanley's trying to get in and Tom had saw Eddie pull up at the side. Eddie stopped to making a phone call before entering Stanley's (a private party) and Tom came to the front of Stanley's and got me. When Eddie was finished with his call he came over and greated us and gave me a hug. It was such an awesome night, and I will always be grateful to him.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,835
    lets quietly and RESPECTFULLY contact the mods and 10c the get LukinFan and Demetrios and that Bostonlou guy reinstated
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Oz Jammer - hooked me up with some/alot of awesome sounds, not wanting payment, just a beer next tour :)
    ozsmalltowngirl - my surrogate mother on this board and others, and answering my dumb questions
    Samule - sent me some sweetness at the beginning of this year.

All the Aussies that ive had the pleasure to chat with, have all hepled out in someway or another over the past two years.

And I know they are always there if I need them :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Wow..after reading through those last 9 pages I can truly see how touched all of you are-

As you can see this is my first post :x but I've been a fan for a lonnng time and I've read the forums as a guest for a while as well. After reading all of that I'm happy to see that Pearl Jam has such a strong following in more ways than one.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I'm an Aussie and one of our Aussie fan club members sent me the complete set of MP3s Aussie tour 2007 so I didnt have to stuff around buying them when I was not well off financially. That's was such a nice thing to do, I really want to meet the guy and thank him but our club isn't up and running at the moment. Next time the boys come out I'll make it my business to meet the guy who sent me these and thank him personally. I've also been sent some other boots for nothing. There are some gr8 Aussie fans in Melbourne where I come from. Cheers guys if you ever see this message on this board!
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Just remembered another thing. Back in '03 the first ticket I ever bought to see PJ was second back row at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. I was complaining about how bad a seat I'd gotten (when I arrived at the venue that afternoon) when I was such a huge fan of the boys and a guy heard me and advised me to go to the ticket box where they were releasing some tickets closer to the front of the stage. I did just that and bought myself a ticket which was 15 rows from the front. So much better than rotten second last row. I blew 80 bucks cos I couldnt sell my rotten ticket but it was SO worth it to get up closer to the guys. That guy did me a huge favour cos I wouldnt have known they were releasing a few extra tickets otherwise. I dont even know if he was a member of the 10C but that was sure nice of him to tell me that.
  • Options
    I don't know any PJ fans..........
    "The North is to South what the clock is to time"

Leeds Festival 25/08/06
    Manchester MEN Arena 17/08/09
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    oh man so many!

Stickboy
    DrownedOut
    Who's Pearl Jam
    Rargh Rargh
    PJ BIZ!!
    lowlight_03
    .. u know who u are:)

So much love.... SO MANY PEOPLE. So many names have helped me out at one point or another. Just out of the goodness of their heart. This is for you guys!

people have offered me their flyer miles to make just one more show of the tour. free tickets, all my buds try to hook me up and they know i would do the same for them... just endless amounts of kindness.. its what its all about yo :P

Pearl jam doesn't know how good they have it ;) They have some real peaches as fans
    I couldnt have said it better.

so many of yall have been there for me in so many ways, words cant describe.

too much love for the peeps :)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    EPOTTSIIIEPOTTSIII Posts: 190
    Dirty Stuart is a great dude! I posted I was looking for a copy of vh1 storytellers and he sent it to me for free. I never even asked he offered, and also apologized for not sending it right away. He's a good dude!

Yellowbedwetter sent me a poster I wanted to buy from him asap without even getting my payment first. Trustworthy and great to deal with.
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • Options
    gordon189gordon189 Houston, TX Posts: 60
    These threads are so much better to read than the negative ones. I haven't had anyone do anything for me in particular, but I've been blessed enough to have sat with some cool people at the shows I've been able to attend. It's good to know that the good people out here seem to far outnumber the bad ones. Kudos to all of you!!
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    When I was leaving a show, a fellow fan let me merge into the traffc lane...

thats all I got...

But that is a big deal road rage is big here in Southern California...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I don't like any of you :p

I do like that the awesome PJ community actually exists cos its tote awesome!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,855
    pweafer4 wrote:
    last year at lolla i meet a group of guys who waited all day on the rail with me and they were wicked cool...then this year at bonnaroo the same group of guys were waiting with us to make the dash to the pit line...we were making plans to get there first it was really funny. im 18 and not the biggest kid so they all kinda looked after me too when people started to try to get to the front of the pit line to get in and we were getting crushedd

I think I may have been one of the guys with ya. And i forget their names, but there was a canadian couple couple at both lolla and the roo with me and my friend.

great times!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,855
    I've gotten some great things from other fans, sorry can't remember all the names but the list includes:

Too many boots and others to count,
    an ed lighter from dc that went everywhere before it got to me, Twolegsyield
    help getting tix to tough shows, Twolegsyield
    poster trades,
    beers at shows, Steve & Peanut
    I know theres a ton more but i can't think of it - etc...

try to pay it forward whenever I can,
    tickets to shows at face for my pretty decent seats,
    extras in with poster trades,
    boots and such,

great fans we are!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    there's way to many things to say, and way to many pearl jam friends i have met on tour & online to thank over the year's.

will alway's keep a good memory of my pearl jam friends.
    for all the good times, and all the bad times we had.
    no matter what happens. cause in the end,
    the names & memories will be by my side,
    heart smother'd by experience.
    that i will alway's love you!

:)
  • Options
    I don't even know her name...
    But that chick who played Given to Fly and Even Flow for me last night at the Yardhouse...Love You ; haha
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    during the 2000 tour, at camden night 1, before the show started, my buddy and i were wandering around in between the grass and pavillion and a dude walked up to me and asked where our seats were. i told him 'the lawn,' and he handed me a ticket in the pavillion! i was so stunned and shocked, that by the time i said with an enthusiastic 'THANK YOU SO MUCH' he was gone...

me and my buddy both made it into the pavillion so quick!!! lol

another great fan had an ebay listing under the title 'pearl jam' and the bid was 99 cents. i went to see what it was, and the person was auctioning off a cal ripken jr card from 1989...with a free gift. ALL the shows from the 2004 tour! so for like 4 bucks i got a ripken jr card, and all the shows from 04!
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    This year I rode my bike from San Francisco to Santa Cruz to see Eddie Play. It was 90 miles and took most of the day. I met Solat319 on the board and asked her to call me if I was late to the fundraiser to make sure I hadn't died along the way or been hit by a truck or had a flat and wouldn't make it to the show. She did call and I thought that was pretty cool. We've stayed buddies ever since.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Cutback did something awesome for me.
    He is a true gem here.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    become a friend for life.
    nice shirt
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I already mentioned a few folks in the "I Trust This Trader Thread" already...

but there's a teaching couple from Buffalo who I chat with at the Mansfield pre-party, the hubby won D's box of bootleg goodies and gave me some of the discs. Then again the same couple bought D and I drinks at the Montreal pre-party.

If you two are on the board, just want to say; thanks a bunch and I'm sure we'll bump into one another again at a Northeast show.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    At Camden 2 this year, I was there with my daughter, in 10 club seats, but quite a ways back; so this guy comes up to us, asks which of us is the bigger fan, and my daughter points at me and says 'her'. He asks me if I want to come down to the front. I just goggled at him looking like this: :eek:. I was sure it was a joke. He GAVE me a RAIL ticket. My daughter who'd already made friends with our neighbors in the row we were in was saying 'go on!'. I offered to pay, asked him if he was SURE, and he said yes, and 'get something for your daughter' and I did. It was my first ever time to see Pearl Jam that close, after ~24 shows. What a great guy, and a great rail neighbor too. Not only that, but he had me stand on the more 'inner' spot than him. It will go down as one of the best nights of my life.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    JaneNY wrote:
    At Camden 2 this year, I was there with my daughter, in 10 club seats, but quite a ways back; so this guy comes up to us, asks which of us is the bigger fan, and my daughter points at me and says 'her'. He asks me if I want to come down to the front. I just goggled at him looking like this: :eek:. I was sure it was a joke. He GAVE me a RAIL ticket. My daughter who'd already made friends with our neighbors in the row we were in was saying 'go on!'. I offered to pay, asked him if he was SURE, and he said yes, and 'get something for your daughter' and I did. It was my first ever time to see Pearl Jam that close, after ~24 shows. What a great guy, and a great rail neighbor too. Not only that, but he had me stand on the more 'inner' spot than him. It will go down as one of the best nights of my life.

Cool story. :)

How old is your daughter?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Cutback did something awesome for me.
    He is a true gem here.

Yep!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    2 of my frenz from here that are frenz in real life, gave me a record player for my birthday last year! I was able to finally play all my pearl jam vinyl!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Got me into the band.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    There are way too many to mention but 2 that stick out right now are Mike getting me into the Fonda show after a guy(from this board) ripped my ticket out of my hand., literally(and PJ security doing nothing about it after I point him out). Thanks again Mike.

And then 2 nights later in Santa Barbara, where I went without a ticket. I got in line at the box office hoping for a release when someone that recognized me from the line at the Fonda and came over to me and said, "hey you were in line all day at the Fonda right". And I said yup that was me. And he said he had an extra 10c ticket for face if I wanted it. I said yes thanks and sat around 8 or so rows from the stage center for that awesome show. I don't know his name, but maybe he's on the boards here. Thanks again buddy!
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD