Options

*** Pearl Jam New York, NY Fanviews 9/11/22 ***

Comments

• Options
    jadakid said:
    6th MSG show and the best I can recall, just a little better than 5/21/2010.

I can give you that crowd energy was the best I've seen since 5/21/10 and maybe reasonable people could disagree on which crowd was one iota better than the other. 

But full package, not sure how this could surpass that epic night.  Just on setlist length along, plus Slow Lukin plus that epic Better Man.  Just for perspective:  imagine when last night was ending, 2010 still had RVM to end a set with an 8-song encore still on tap!  Not a complaint of course:  this is the price of aging and I'm thankful we can get an as off the hook show/crowd as we got...  but 2010 still makes my jaw drop on rewatches.

Even 2008 was awesome with three encores, but I will say the energy in the building last night absolutely did blow 2008 out of the water. 

Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    NK10452 said:
    Feel like most of you have said what I would have said.  The start was straight fire -- love it when they open with Release, I thought Garden sounded great, I always love Present Tense live, and Porch right off the jump was crazy.  Yes, I guess the shows are "shorter" now, but c'mon -- they're still playing 25 songs and going all out for 2+ hours.  Crowd energy was insane and you can tell the band feeds off it.  As always, it was a great time and looking forward to Philly in a couple of days.  I don't get Stone in the mask -- does he have Covid?  What gives?  Also, ditch Purple Rain -- silly.
    He’s been wearing the mask for the last three shows at least. Seems a reasonable precaution if that’s what he wants to do. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    NK10452 said:
    Feel like most of you have said what I would have said.  The start was straight fire -- love it when they open with Release, I thought Garden sounded great, I always love Present Tense live, and Porch right off the jump was crazy.  Yes, I guess the shows are "shorter" now, but c'mon -- they're still playing 25 songs and going all out for 2+ hours.  Crowd energy was insane and you can tell the band feeds off it.  As always, it was a great time and looking forward to Philly in a couple of days.  I don't get Stone in the mask -- does he have Covid?  What gives?  Also, ditch Purple Rain -- silly.
    He’s been wearing the mask for the last three shows at least. Seems a reasonable precaution if that’s what he wants to do. 
    Yes please! Anything to keep away cancellations! 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Never miss a Sunday show rules applied to this night
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I cannot get used to seeing Ed in Hokas.  ;)
  • Options
    MortalityMortality Posts: 154
    edited September 2022
    Wet Leg tag? Fucking awesome shoutout Ed 
  • Options
    Once you wear Hokas you can't go back - new Bondi's are the best
  • Options
    NK10452 said:
    I wondered the same about Stone. But I have to disagree with you on Purple Rain! I thought it was excellent!
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    I cannot get used to seeing Ed in Hokas.  ;)
    Same. 🤣

• Options
    The floor…was….MOVING.

We showed up as a crowd tonight.

Best crowd energy in a loooongggg time..
    Indeed, it was. The whole building was bouncing, which freaked me out at first. Great crowd energy, almost up there with Hartford 2013.

I was at MSG 2 in 2010 behind the stage in sec 320.  I'll always remember the way the whole building shook as they blasted through Corduroy.  This time I managed to get another behind the stage, this time on Stone's side on the 2nd level.  While I didn't feel the Garden shake like it did when I was sky high, I knew the energy in the building was unmeasurable.  Truly amazing show!  Was next to a fan who was at her first show, and she brought her young son.  They rocked out the whole time, and it was awesome that they got to experience this show!   So glad I got to be a part of this!  Can't wait for Camden.
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Show was an absolute blast 💥 

Release opener, Porch early and RVM in the same show. Chloe/Crown is a gem and one of my favorite songs live. Sonic Reducer was amazing. It was the closer at my first PJ show on 4/17/94 at the Paramount Theater (Hulu Theater now) on the same premises. 5th show at the garden for me and was happy with 10c seats in 224 second row on the aisle after maintaining my 10c membership since 2013. Rockin in the free world was great. Such a fun show!  Was lucky in the lotto in 2020 and amazing the show has finally happened! Met lots of other fans who were all great. See you in Nashville!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,623
    LC said:
    Crowd was the MVP tonight. Unreal atmosphere.
    Totally agree. The floor was bouncing, it was awesome. 

I had seats first row behind the stage and it was amazing. Really special view. Would sit there again in a heartbeat. 

Crown of Thorns was my white wale, so that was amazing. Loved DOTC. A bit bummed they didn’t do Quick Escape, but overall a really fun show. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,225
    Crowd absolutely brought it! One of the best crowds I’ve ever seen at a PJ show. The energy in the building was out of control throughout the whole show. From the opening notes of release until the last notes of the star spangled banner, the building was literally shaking! The setlist was a little heavier on the hits than I expected, but that wasn’t a bad thing- it made for an incredibly energetic show. Highlights for me were the opening of release-garden-come back, the crowd losing its collective mind when they played porch so early in the show, hearing dissident for the first time in a long time, and the incredible run of Chloe dancer-crown of thorns-sonic reducer-RVM to end the main set. That was the best, most intense version of RVM I have ever heard. Also, an honorable mention to that absolutely blistering version of why go during the encore. Thanks to the band for yet another epic garden party! I also had a blast meeting and hanging out with so many awesome people during the show and pre-party. Can’t wait for Camden!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Truth right there! ^^^^^
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Sprunkn7 said:
    Truth right there! ^^^^^
    They are a bit soft for over-pronaters like myself. I wore Clifton’s for years but was getting knee pain. Still love the brand regardless 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,279
    Regarding the empty seats that some were surprised to see, it probably had something to do with the absurd prices being asked on the secondary market, which resulted in some tickets going un-resold.  Even after the show had already started, the cheapest ticket on StubHub was over $400 and there were seats still up for over $1,000.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    BF25394 said:
    Regarding the empty seats that some were surprised to see, it probably had something to do with the absurd prices being asked on the secondary market, which resulted in some tickets going un-resold.  Even after the show had already started, the cheapest ticket on StubHub was over $400 and there were seats still up for over $1,000.
    You think they’d lower the ask instead of not make a sale. Weird.
  • Options
    NK10452 said:
    Agreed. Even if you're distanced you're still indoors and I think it's worth the precaution. I still mask up indoors and wish people would just let me be without asking me why. 
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    belthook said:
    Great show, crowd was amazing.  But I have to say for a half a second when Ed put on the sparkle jacket I thought they were about to bust our Bushleaguer again.

Same!!!!! 
  • Options
    People who say they don’t like the Purple Rain cover…what are you trying to prove? It sounds great. Would sound especially great beside YLed.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    NK10452 said:
    Agreed. Even if you're distanced you're still indoors and I think it's worth the precaution. I still mask up indoors and wish people would just let me be without asking me why. 
    turn around and ask them why they are wearing underwear. "got something you don't want to share with the room?". that'll shut em up. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AlaG said:
    People who say they don’t like the Purple Rain cover…what are you trying to prove? It sounds great. Would sound especially great beside YLed.
    Nothing to prove just not a fan of covers in general especially that one. Especially with song count being around 22-25 a night, why would I want another cover that’s not even sung by EV? 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    AlaG said:
    Nothing to prove just not a fan of covers in general especially that one. Especially with song count being around 22-25 a night, why would I want another cover that’s not even sung by EV? 
    I think not liking covers is a valid reason. But if the band is going to play covers, this is more in their wheelhouse than some of the other covers that have become staples in the past 10 or so years. Lookin’ at you Comfortably Numb.

Ed sang on at least half of the song last night. Mike shreds on it. Josh is really going to carry the flag for this band as they age if he sticks around so I am happy with him being pulled out from the back for a little bit.
  • Options
    Yeah that Why Go and DTE during the encore was nuts also
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    AlaG said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AlaG said:
    I think not liking covers is a valid reason. But if the band is going to play covers, this is more in their wheelhouse than some of the other covers that have become staples in the past 10 or so years. Lookin’ at you Comfortably Numb.

Ed sang on at least half of the song last night. Mike shreds on it. Josh is really going to carry the flag for this band as they age if he sticks around so I am happy with him being pulled out from the back for a little bit.
    Yeah I agree that I’d rather hear Purple Rain than Comfortably Numb at this point, but if they do Purple Rain at the next couple of shows I go to (Louisville next weekend!) it’ll wear out its welcome just like CN did for me. There are plenty of songs like that that can give Mike the opportunity to shred, the crowd to get involved in a sing along, throw a bone to the spouses/friends/other people in the crowd who aren’t hard core PJ fans, etc. They should cycle through them a bit more instead of getting stuck on the same one for entire tours or longer. 

I also agree that it’s good to get JK out in front a bit. I remember watching Mike (unsuccessfully) try to push him out onto the stage during RITFW in Asbury, so it was great to see him flying around at the end of last night’s show. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    NK10452 said:
    I wore my KN95 throughout the entire show last night.  No one said anything but I got a few looks lol.  I was getting a little fatigued by the time the encore started.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    AlaG said:
    I'll tell you this Nick.  If I could have this over Baba or RITFW I'll take it.  Josh brought something to it that I liked.  Dude has passion and it's cool to see.

If we only had 2 covers to do though?  Fucking up and Leave em here for me.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    AlaG said:
    I'll tell you this Nick.  If I could have this over Baba or RITFW I'll take it.  Josh brought something to it that I liked.  Dude has passion and it's cool to see.

If we only had 2 covers to do though?  Fucking up and Leave em here for me.
    I was a Josh fan from the minute they brought him aboard , unlike some here. I remember a good amount of bitching after SHN. My two favorite covers are easily Sonic Reducer and BaBA. Crazy Mary doesn’t even count as a cover anymore but I love it too. 
  • Options
    Shout out to section 418 behind the stage, we were fucking rocking!!

RVM was low key fire ! Present tense, Chloe crown, etc

MSG needed the hits perfect set list for 10C members and casual fans just seeing them.
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    Unreal energy. Highlights for me were my first Come Back, early Garden/Present Tense/Porch all had the place shaking. Super high intensity. Emotions were running high being the anniversary of 9/11 in NYC. That was a tough day for many in the crowd and elsewhere and Ed / the band channeled their energy and put on an incredibly meaningful and powerful performance. Still coming down, we were side stage 200 level and it was just incredible to be in the building to witness that show. There were a few rough patches like the altercation in GA during Porch and Ed forgetting to come in on the second verse of Given To Fly but otherwise the band was on fire. RVM is always a highlight for me as is DTE and Chloe/Crown sounded incredible. Close serious contender with the previous MSG shows I’ve been to in ‘08 and ‘10 despite the shorter set list. I may revisit this to add more thoughts later as I’m still processing how amazing last night was!
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II