*** Pearl Jam New York, NY Fanviews 9/11/22 ***

123457»

Comments

• PinkZepLoveChildPinkZepLoveChild Posts: 14
    edited September 2022
    This was my first Pearl Jam show and it was amazing! The crowd was the absolute best crowd I've ever been in at a concert. So much energy! So glad I got to see one of my favorite bands at such a great venue. The combination of the 9/11 date and the show being rescheduled because of covid made for an electric night. The band sounded amazing. I loved the opening with Release then going into Garden. That was one of those surreal moments that you know you will never forget. So many great moments in the show. Crown of Thorns and Rearview Mirror. One of the best nights ever!!!
    Post edited by PinkZepLoveChild on
    ‘Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there”
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:
    My 7th Garden show. Good times but the weakest. Too many hits, seen it all before. Not enough of Gigaton; long gone are the days of challenging the crowd. 

The band is also not as tight as they were a decade ago. I just felt Stone and/or Matt not as into it, and there were plenty of mistakes and miscues. The amazing crowd were ahead of them and helping out. 

Has Stone been masked all tour? Haven't been following. Not sure I saw him on a microphone as a result. 

Where I was (223), Mike seemed low in the mix the first hour, but it may have just been everything a half step down. Sludgy stuff. 

Finally, following up the first responders speech with RVM was just a dumb choice. It used to be talking to the crowd would set the tone for the music. I guess as a primarily greatest hits band now this is to be expected. 

This show BLEW AWAY 2008 and was better than night 2 2016. Nothing will ever match or beat 98 and 2010 
    I'm curious, I only got to one of the shows between '98 and '10 - does one of those MSG shows even outshine the other, even if they're unquestionably the top 2 for you?
    5/21/10 is tops for me. And msg 2016 night 1 is sorely underrated. 
    I love night 1 in 08, that show was awesome. 2016 Night 1 had some amazing variety but a lot of covers…
    Funny I loved N2 08 over N1 08, most likely cause it was my first release 
    I felt like there were a lot of repeats and also, that version of HTI might be my favorite. Still, I really enjoyed N2 as well!
    Ohh that HTI was a cool way to open the show. Loved 08 over 2016. Sunday had that N2 2010 vibe. Release into Garden, wow just crazy. Also loved the very little talking, just get out there and play. My only little nitpick was the covers, I could do without them, but still an amazing night. 7th Garden show for me and it's in top 3 garden shows. 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• After watching that RVM clip on youtube i reallllllllllly hope they play RVM in OKC!!!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    tdawe said:
    HS152050 said:
    I am too old to compare the 25 (or so) shows that I have seen all I know is that it was absolutely awesome the other night.  The energy was crazy, not so sure other bands create the same enthusiasm (definitely not for me).  I don't chase rarities anymore as I feel like when a bunch of the crowd doesn't know the song it drains the energy.  Beside the people behind me in sec. 119 talking the whole time it was a phenomenal experience, can't wait to do it again.  

On a separate note, Eddie was wearing a Capitol Theater shirt from Port Chester NY (I believe).  I was told by somebody that they had played a private gig there a couple of months ago and were possibly going to play another one?  I don't see anything written about it on the site and was just wondering if anybody had heard about it? 
    Yes that was a Cap t-shirt. Eddie & The Earthlings played a private show there before the Beacon shows in February, IIRC it was truly private, no radio contest winners or fan club tix or anything like that. 
    He wore that same shirt to two of the Canadian shows I was at as well. At MSG when I saw it again my sister and I were hoping he either had more than one, or that he was a very light packer. Not a lot of time to do laundry between shows.

• I had the good fortune of seeing back to back shows over the weekend... the Apollo Theater show on Saturday followed by the MSG show on Sunday.   The Apollo show was really great and an amazing experience, but the MSG show was even more incredible, second to only the Philly Ten show for my all time favorite Pearl Jam show I've attended.     "Release" is one of my all-time favorite songs and I've only heard it live twice, the Ten show being the other one.  As soon as I hear the opening notes, I knew we were in for a real treat and I was right.    Amazing set list, great crowd, and the best band in the world.   Thanks PJ.
  • GlowGirl said:
    tdawe said:
    HS152050 said:
    I am too old to compare the 25 (or so) shows that I have seen all I know is that it was absolutely awesome the other night.  The energy was crazy, not so sure other bands create the same enthusiasm (definitely not for me).  I don't chase rarities anymore as I feel like when a bunch of the crowd doesn't know the song it drains the energy.  Beside the people behind me in sec. 119 talking the whole time it was a phenomenal experience, can't wait to do it again.  

On a separate note, Eddie was wearing a Capitol Theater shirt from Port Chester NY (I believe).  I was told by somebody that they had played a private gig there a couple of months ago and were possibly going to play another one?  I don't see anything written about it on the site and was just wondering if anybody had heard about it? 
    Yes that was a Cap t-shirt. Eddie & The Earthlings played a private show there before the Beacon shows in February, IIRC it was truly private, no radio contest winners or fan club tix or anything like that. 
    He wore that same shirt to two of the Canadian shows I was at as well. At MSG when I saw it again my sister and I were hoping he either had more than one, or that he was a very light packer. Not a lot of time to do laundry between shows.

GlowGirl said:
    tdawe said:
    HS152050 said:

🤣🤣
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 743
    Horrendously jetlagged from flying back to the UK on Wednesday but also still buzzing from the show.   Only my second ever US show (Hartford 08 being the first) and my very first time seeing anything at the Garden.   Twentieth show overall and it hit completely different to the nineteen that came before it.    There’s magic in that room.    An evening I’ll never, ever forget.  

This is probably futile, but if anyone has a devil shirt they’d be willing to part with for non-ridiculous money (ideally L but would consider a M) then please hit me up.   

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• steven87steven87 Posts: 1,084
    steven87 said:
    merlin401 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:
    My 7th Garden show. Good times but the weakest. Too many hits, seen it all before. Not enough of Gigaton; long gone are the days of challenging the crowd. 

The band is also not as tight as they were a decade ago. I just felt Stone and/or Matt not as into it, and there were plenty of mistakes and miscues. The amazing crowd were ahead of them and helping out. 

Has Stone been masked all tour? Haven't been following. Not sure I saw him on a microphone as a result. 

Where I was (223), Mike seemed low in the mix the first hour, but it may have just been everything a half step down. Sludgy stuff. 

Finally, following up the first responders speech with RVM was just a dumb choice. It used to be talking to the crowd would set the tone for the music. I guess as a primarily greatest hits band now this is to be expected. 

This show BLEW AWAY 2008 and was better than night 2 2016. Nothing will ever match or beat 98 and 2010 
    I'm curious, I only got to one of the shows between '98 and '10 - does one of those MSG shows even outshine the other, even if they're unquestionably the top 2 for you?
    5/21/10 is first place out of 30 shows for me 
    Curious how you rate some of the Philly highlights (which I’m assuming you drive down to) like the Ten show, Halloween closing down the spectrum, and spectrum #3 right before it.  Those are all contenders but yeah 5/21/10 is right near the top of the list for me too
    Philly 3 ‘09 is my all-time favorite I’ve been to. Slightly edges out MSG 2 ‘10 for me, but both were simply incredible. 
    steven87 said:
    merlin401 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:

Curious how you rate some of the Philly highlights (which I’m assuming you drive down to) like the Ten show, Halloween closing down the spectrum, and spectrum #3 right before it.  Those are all contenders but yeah 5/21/10 is right near the top of the list for me too
    Philly 3 ‘09 is my all-time favorite I’ve been to. Slightly edges out MSG 2 ‘10 for me, but both were simply incredible. 
    steven87 said:
    merlin401 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:

Those are 2 absolutely perfect shows and in my top 3 of 41 total. MSG 2022 right there at this very moment for a variety of reasons. We are all so lucky to have this band and every show is a gift,
    Well said. We’re all just really fortunate that the band is still out there performing at such a high level and to be part of such a great community of people. I don’t think anything could ever beat Philly 3 ‘09 or MSG 2 ‘10 for me, but in terms of crowd energy, this one was right up there with them. Best version of release I’ve ever heard. And I will never forget the crowd’s reaction when they transitioned from present tense into porch- just incredible!
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Just popping in to see how everyone’s health is doing since the show? Always worry about spreader events and saw almost zero masks around us. Anyone hear of someone who went getting sick? I remember the 09 Philly shows being a harbinger of bird flu 😬
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I think 2 people have already posted they developed Covid by end of the week from MSG, not sure which thread I saw it in though. A few cases is no surprise, but I wouldn't expect it to be a super spreader event at this stage... anyone else hear differently?
  • Tested positive on Thursday morning after arriving in Louisville Wednesday afternoon. There goes my 4 day Bourbon and Beyond festival. Feeling ok today but had a low grade fever for two days. Not sure it was MSG the Apollo or the Subway but now one else to blame but myself not wearing a mask certainly didn’t help 
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    arriepjf said:
    Tested positive on Thursday morning after arriving in Louisville Wednesday afternoon. There goes my 4 day Bourbon and Beyond festival. Feeling ok today but had a low grade fever for two days. Not sure it was MSG the Apollo or the Subway but now one else to blame but myself not wearing a mask certainly didn’t help 
    Sorry to hear it 😞 It definitely could have been any of those things. Hope you stay ok and clear of any long-term stuff. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • All, anyone have video or pics of the second tambourine being tossed out it was on the Stone G. side. I think it was the one after the little kid on his dads shoulder caught one. The second one went to my daughter but it happened so fast I could get the iphone out in time!

Any help would be appreciated!  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    Can't wait to relive Release and Present Tense when this boot comes out.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    PJNB said:
    Can't wait to relive Release and Present Tense when this boot comes out.
    Fully agree. I missed you guys at the last two shows I was at. Front of GA wasn’t the same without you  :)
  • Can’t wait to see if the crowd translates onto the boot
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,084
    Can’t wait to see if the crowd translates onto the boot
    It’s gonna be hard to replicate the energy in that building that night, but I sure hope so. Can’t wait for this one!
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,212
    edited October 2022
    Just popping in to see how everyone’s health is doing since the show? Always worry about spreader events and saw almost zero masks around us. Anyone hear of someone who went getting sick? I remember the 09 Philly shows being a harbinger of bird flu 😬

We wore masks; i think the dude sitting next to us, who came up from Baltimore, was just about the only person there besides us who was masked. We're fine. Went to Denver, too, along with some other (business) events.

We still mask when we fly and when we go to indoor concerts. It might not be cool, but we went to five PJ shows this year, plus the Killers, and knock on wood we're still healthy.

I hope everyone who caught it had a mild case and a quick recovery!

Edit to add: we all (kids too) had H1N1 after the Spectrum shows, as I've mentioned before. I'm still convinced that someone in the box office had it, as I got sick first and I was the one picking up the tickets. At any rate, we lost most of the month of November to H1N1, which might be a reason why we're still masking in these high-risk situations.
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Boot is 🔥 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. Period.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,511
    ^^I wasn't there, but get it^^ 
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,582

you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,511
    Nice. Love being behind the stage.
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2023
    Loujoe said:
    My first time behind the stage, we were front row. No zoom in the second image. It was pretty awesome. I would take those seats over many others. 
    Post edited by yosi on
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    yosi said:
    Loujoe said:
    My first time behind the stage, we were front row. No zoom in the second image. It was pretty awesome. I would take those seats over many others. 
    I was behind the Stage too. GREAT View of most of the crowd and seeing their reactions during the Show.