DMB just played 3 nights - zero repeats

124»

Comments

• I take it you’ve never heard of phish bakers dozen.  13 shows at msg, no repeats. 
    Those shows were fire.  Wish I did more than just the first weekend…
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • There was a time where Pearl Jam was praised for its marathon live shows and mixing up the set lists.  Let’s not make fun of people wanting that back.  One of the core reasons they fell in love with the band and traveling to see them. 

There is no way I would have seen the band as much as I have with the way they are doing their shows now.  Would I see 15 shows in a year like I did in 2013 now?  Nope.  
    I can’t believe anyone would see more than 5 shows a year post 2006, but to each his own, but to each his own. The shows may have gotten longer since then (sans the last couple of years), but every other aspect has declined since then.  2013-2014 is a high point for recent years but I’d take every tour from 98-2005 over it in heartbeat where it was rare any shows was over 135 minutes.  Hell most shows from 98 were 110 minutes and they smoke anything played since.  
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."