Cancellation Notice for Amsterdam Night 1

12357

Comments

  • RideRickRideRick HoornPosts: 697
    mshnayder said:
    ...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. 
    Looks Amazing..  what is wrong with Sacramento?  (I'm from Amsterdam...  it is an amazing city to spend time if its your first one)

    undefined
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 49
    mshnayder said:


    Look, let me be clear I totally feel bad for ticket holders with these last minute cancellations. And I AGREE that this could and SHOULD be handled better. 100%. 1 hour before the show is just not acceptable.

    Now, all that being said, there are A LOT of worse lives out there than being stuck in cities like Prague and Amsterdam. Two of my favorite cities in Europe. People are on here complaining about "wasting" money on flights...well is it a "waste" because now you are "stuck" in Prague or Amsterdam? I get the disappointment, I do, but there's people in the world who would love to go anywhere near those places and will never get a chance to make it there. If you were able to even make it over to Prague or Amsterdam I think there's worse things that have happened in this world than you being able to spend a couple of nights there. I'm not saying people can't be sad or disappointed, because I sure would be, but lets not act like even being in that situation is not a privilege. Look around and make the most of the situation. Amsterdam is an amazing city...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. Some of the reactions here are a little over the top and quite frankly as tone deaf as anything the band's management can or has put out. Life is short and fragile and for many people you'll probably never meet just horrible...enjoy even being in place like a Prague or Amsterdam and put your disappointment in perspective. All i'm saying. 

    Hope eddie feels better. Shitty how this Album release and now tour is going. Kills us all and I'm sure the band the most.
    Ironic you can type all that and accuse others of being tone deaf.
  • Pistol1978Pistol1978 Posts: 7
    Just about to head to ziggo in hope but no expectation.

    What time did they confirm the cancellation yesterday?  About 4:50pm?
  • JF170492JF170492 Posts: 12
    mshnayder said:


    Going to guess all the nasty comments are not going unseen..

    Look, let me be clear I totally feel bad for ticket holders with these last minute cancellations. And I AGREE that this could and SHOULD be handled better. 100%. 1 hour before the show is just not acceptable.

    Now, all that being said, there are A LOT of worse lives out there than being stuck in cities like Prague and Amsterdam. Two of my favorite cities in Europe. People are on here complaining about "wasting" money on flights...well is it a "waste" because now you are "stuck" in Prague or Amsterdam? I get the disappointment, I do, but there's people in the world who would love to go anywhere near those places and will never get a chance to make it there. If you were able to even make it over to Prague or Amsterdam I think there's worse things that have happened in this world than you being able to spend a couple of nights there. I'm not saying people can't be sad or disappointed, because I sure would be, but lets not act like even being in that situation is not a privilege. Look around and make the most of the situation. Amsterdam is an amazing city...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. Some of the reactions here are a little over the top and quite frankly as tone deaf as anything the band's management can or has put out. Life is short and fragile and for many people you'll probably never meet just horrible...enjoy even being in place like a Prague or Amsterdam and put your disappointment in perspective. All i'm saying. 

    Hope eddie feels better. Shitty how this Album release and now tour is going. Kills us all and I'm sure the band the most.
    Totally fair to look at it as privileged. BUT even though I like Amsterdam I don't give a shit about which city I'm stuck in! This trip is all about the concerts - had there not been concerts here I wouldn't have used my money and time being here now. Those money won't come back, my vacation time can't be used elsewhere. Booked and rebooked this three times and now it's just wasted. So I think it's amazing that some people can make lemonade from lemons, but I for one am just absolutely gutted - and yes, I will try to have a decent time today, but I mostly just wanna go back home and put this shit show behind me
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,240
    Just about to head to ziggo in hope but no expectation.

    What time did they confirm the cancellation yesterday?  About 4:50pm?
    Yeah around that time..! 
    Fingers crossed for you!

    Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Pistol1978Pistol1978 Posts: 7
    Just about to head to ziggo in hope but no expectation.

    What time did they confirm the cancellation yesterday?  About 4:50pm?
    Yeah around that time..! 
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Thanks, mate.  Have my doubts!  But I've missed London through Covid and Berlin because of family stuff so this is the last chance this tour.  
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UKPosts: 1,321
    They know they are not playing tonight. We know they are not playing. Why not just announce it??? 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"
    28/09/04 - Boston, MA, USA
    20/04/06 - London, Astoria, UK
    18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, UK
    11/08/09 - Shepherds Bush Empire, UK
    18/08/09 - 02 Arena, London, UK
    25/06/10 - Hyde Park, UK
    26/06/12 - Amsterdam, Holland
    27/06/12 - Amsterdam, Holland
    08/07/14 - Leeds, UK
    11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, UK
    13/06/18 - Amsterdam, Holland
    18/06/18 - 02 Arena, London, UK
    17/07/18 - 02 Arena, London, UK
    08/08/22 - Hyde Park. London, UK
    09/08/22 - Hyde Park. London, UK
    25/08/22 - Amsterdam, Holland
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,240
    Just about to head to ziggo in hope but no expectation.

    What time did they confirm the cancellation yesterday?  About 4:50pm?
    Yeah around that time..! 
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Thanks, mate.  Have my doubts!  But I've missed London through Covid and Berlin because of family stuff so this is the last chance this tour.  
    Talk about bad luck 😐 

    Feel super fortunate that I got to go to my shows! After the 2 year delay, I really needed them! 

    Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 49
    JF170492 said:
    mshnayder said:


    Going to guess all the nasty comments are not going unseen..

    Look, let me be clear I totally feel bad for ticket holders with these last minute cancellations. And I AGREE that this could and SHOULD be handled better. 100%. 1 hour before the show is just not acceptable.

    Now, all that being said, there are A LOT of worse lives out there than being stuck in cities like Prague and Amsterdam. Two of my favorite cities in Europe. People are on here complaining about "wasting" money on flights...well is it a "waste" because now you are "stuck" in Prague or Amsterdam? I get the disappointment, I do, but there's people in the world who would love to go anywhere near those places and will never get a chance to make it there. If you were able to even make it over to Prague or Amsterdam I think there's worse things that have happened in this world than you being able to spend a couple of nights there. I'm not saying people can't be sad or disappointed, because I sure would be, but lets not act like even being in that situation is not a privilege. Look around and make the most of the situation. Amsterdam is an amazing city...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. Some of the reactions here are a little over the top and quite frankly as tone deaf as anything the band's management can or has put out. Life is short and fragile and for many people you'll probably never meet just horrible...enjoy even being in place like a Prague or Amsterdam and put your disappointment in perspective. All i'm saying. 

    Hope eddie feels better. Shitty how this Album release and now tour is going. Kills us all and I'm sure the band the most.
    Totally fair to look at it as privileged. BUT even though I like Amsterdam I don't give a shit about which city I'm stuck in! This trip is all about the concerts - had there not been concerts here I wouldn't have used my money and time being here now. Those money won't come back, my vacation time can't be used elsewhere. Booked and rebooked this three times and now it's just wasted. So I think it's amazing that some people can make lemonade from lemons, but I for one am just absolutely gutted - and yes, I will try to have a decent time today, but I mostly just wanna go back home and put this shit show behind me
    I think it's totally unfair to look at it as privileged.  The guy has no idea what people have gave up to be there, and no idea what impact a cancelled show might have on someone.

    Making assumptions on someone's situation and then saying enjoy, there and people in worse situations is insensitive at the very least.
  • just_onejust_one LisbonPosts: 1,152
    KidAOK said:
    JF170492 said:
    mshnayder said:


    Going to guess all the nasty comments are not going unseen..

    Look, let me be clear I totally feel bad for ticket holders with these last minute cancellations. And I AGREE that this could and SHOULD be handled better. 100%. 1 hour before the show is just not acceptable.

    Now, all that being said, there are A LOT of worse lives out there than being stuck in cities like Prague and Amsterdam. Two of my favorite cities in Europe. People are on here complaining about "wasting" money on flights...well is it a "waste" because now you are "stuck" in Prague or Amsterdam? I get the disappointment, I do, but there's people in the world who would love to go anywhere near those places and will never get a chance to make it there. If you were able to even make it over to Prague or Amsterdam I think there's worse things that have happened in this world than you being able to spend a couple of nights there. I'm not saying people can't be sad or disappointed, because I sure would be, but lets not act like even being in that situation is not a privilege. Look around and make the most of the situation. Amsterdam is an amazing city...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. Some of the reactions here are a little over the top and quite frankly as tone deaf as anything the band's management can or has put out. Life is short and fragile and for many people you'll probably never meet just horrible...enjoy even being in place like a Prague or Amsterdam and put your disappointment in perspective. All i'm saying. 

    Hope eddie feels better. Shitty how this Album release and now tour is going. Kills us all and I'm sure the band the most.
    Totally fair to look at it as privileged. BUT even though I like Amsterdam I don't give a shit about which city I'm stuck in! This trip is all about the concerts - had there not been concerts here I wouldn't have used my money and time being here now. Those money won't come back, my vacation time can't be used elsewhere. Booked and rebooked this three times and now it's just wasted. So I think it's amazing that some people can make lemonade from lemons, but I for one am just absolutely gutted - and yes, I will try to have a decent time today, but I mostly just wanna go back home and put this shit show behind me
    I think it's totally unfair to look at it as privileged.  The guy has no idea what people have gave up to be there, and no idea what impact a cancelled show might have on someone.

    Making assumptions on someone's situation and then saying enjoy, there and people in worse situations is insensitive at the very least.
    THANK YOU for finally saying like it is.

    Unlike the majority i go to see the concert , the city is a plus. i dont do meet ups so i could really care less about parties and stuff.

    the enjoy the city , go out , everything is fine is such a privileged statement , usually by someone who goes to multiple shows per tour and doesnt have financial problems at all to be able to be "just fine" missing a couple shows.

    To some people only doing one show is a special occasion and one they take as a very special moment and not "only one more show" , so those entitled fans which btw while im ranting are the ones who buy multiple posters and stickers and pins to make a profit afterwards to afford the next tour , yeah i fucking said it and we all know deep down this is what is really happenning in the merchanding department can really take a good look and put things in the true perpective of a normal human being and why people (like myself) were devastated after vienna , to be honest still am , because i was so looking forward to it.
  • RideRickRideRick HoornPosts: 697
    just_one said:
    those entitled fans which btw while im ranting are the ones who buy multiple posters and stickers and pins to make a profit afterwards to afford the next tour , yeah i fucking said it and we all know deep down this is what is really happenning in the merchanding department can really take a good look and put things in the true perpective of a normal human being and why people (like myself) were devastated after vienna , to be honest still am , because i was so looking forward to it.
    That's something that puzzles me too..  especcialy because there is a 10C Police department running the line ups.. they should also give a max products buyement for those scammers.  :smiley:

    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 2,568
    KidAOK said:
    JF170492 said:
    mshnayder said:


    Going to guess all the nasty comments are not going unseen..

    Look, let me be clear I totally feel bad for ticket holders with these last minute cancellations. And I AGREE that this could and SHOULD be handled better. 100%. 1 hour before the show is just not acceptable.

    Now, all that being said, there are A LOT of worse lives out there than being stuck in cities like Prague and Amsterdam. Two of my favorite cities in Europe. People are on here complaining about "wasting" money on flights...well is it a "waste" because now you are "stuck" in Prague or Amsterdam? I get the disappointment, I do, but there's people in the world who would love to go anywhere near those places and will never get a chance to make it there. If you were able to even make it over to Prague or Amsterdam I think there's worse things that have happened in this world than you being able to spend a couple of nights there. I'm not saying people can't be sad or disappointed, because I sure would be, but lets not act like even being in that situation is not a privilege. Look around and make the most of the situation. Amsterdam is an amazing city...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. Some of the reactions here are a little over the top and quite frankly as tone deaf as anything the band's management can or has put out. Life is short and fragile and for many people you'll probably never meet just horrible...enjoy even being in place like a Prague or Amsterdam and put your disappointment in perspective. All i'm saying. 

    Hope eddie feels better. Shitty how this Album release and now tour is going. Kills us all and I'm sure the band the most.
    Totally fair to look at it as privileged. BUT even though I like Amsterdam I don't give a shit about which city I'm stuck in! This trip is all about the concerts - had there not been concerts here I wouldn't have used my money and time being here now. Those money won't come back, my vacation time can't be used elsewhere. Booked and rebooked this three times and now it's just wasted. So I think it's amazing that some people can make lemonade from lemons, but I for one am just absolutely gutted - and yes, I will try to have a decent time today, but I mostly just wanna go back home and put this shit show behind me
    I think it's totally unfair to look at it as privileged.  The guy has no idea what people have gave up to be there, and no idea what impact a cancelled show might have on someone.

    Making assumptions on someone's situation and then saying enjoy, there and people in worse situations is insensitive at the very least.
    This ^
    London ON, Buffalo 2013; Cincinnati 2014; Miami, FLL, Tor 1-2, Chi 2 2016; London UK 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Chi 1-2, Bos 1-2 2018; SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2 2021; LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Lon 1-2 2022; 
  • johanypmajohanypma Posts: 61
    It’s on!
  • sander_jam76sander_jam76 Posts: 111
    edited July 25
    Hearing a sound check too !!!! Unmistakenly Eddie, yeah !
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • Ozone BabyOzone Baby Northern GermanyPosts: 37
    Hearing a sound check too !!!! Unmistakenly Eddie, yeah !
     Which Songs? 
    Nice to hear!
  • TinaETinaE GermanyPosts: 203
    Sounds like good news. Eddie finally seems to be feeling better. I got really worried. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone in Amsterdam tonight that it really happens today and have a heck of a lot of fun!!!!
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 804
    Could they play last nights show tomorrow or is that too difficult?
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NYPosts: 1,042
    Could they play last nights show tomorrow or is that too difficult?
    How many Coffee Shop’s have you indulged in? 
  • sander_jam76sander_jam76 Posts: 111
    TinaE said:
    Sounds like good news. Eddie finally seems to be feeling better. I got really worried. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone in Amsterdam tonight that it really happens today and have a heck of a lot of fun!!!!
    Organization busy updating the matrix screen to indicate the concert is on:)
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 804
    Renfield said:
    Could they play last nights show tomorrow or is that too difficult?
    How many Coffee Shop’s have you indulged in? 

  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 804
    🤣
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 7,054
    Weird.  I was assured by many on here who were certain they weren't playing and were doing something wrong by not announcing it yesterday.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 14,779
    ComeToTX said:
    Weird.  I was assured by many on here who were certain they weren't playing and were doing something wrong by not announcing it yesterday.
    Yeah, it was all about insurance.  People on here are a little crazy sometimes.  If he could go tonight then it was like they were probably saying (day to day determinations).
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 17,146
    ComeToTX said:
    Weird.  I was assured by many on here who were certain they weren't playing and were doing something wrong by not announcing it yesterday.
    Yeah, it was all about insurance.  People on here are a little crazy sometimes.  If he could go tonight then it was like they were probably saying (day to day determinations).
    Truer words have never been spoken. 
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,662
    ComeToTX said:
    Weird.  I was assured by many on here who were certain they weren't playing and were doing something wrong by not announcing it yesterday.
    I was one of those. Happy to have been wrong. 
    I think I'll move to Australia


  • TinaETinaE GermanyPosts: 203
    TinaE said:
    Sounds like good news. Eddie finally seems to be feeling better. I got really worried. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone in Amsterdam tonight that it really happens today and have a heck of a lot of fun!!!!
    Organization busy updating the matrix screen to indicate the concert is on:)
    That's great, I'm happy even though I'm not there :smiley:
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, ORPosts: 346
    ComeToTX said:
    Weird.  I was assured by many on here who were certain they weren't playing and were doing something wrong by not announcing it yesterday.
    I mean it did seem unlikely given the past week, and corporate insurance policies on events of this scale often do come with a bunch of attendant bullshit. However, assuming the worst of the band and/or speaking authoritatively on Ed’s health from literal thousands of miles away was a bit much, yeah.

    Glad it looks like the show will happen. Excited to monitor the setlist thread.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22)
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 316
    Awesome, have a blast!

  • ALFRED1967ALFRED1967 Posts: 3
    bigbiggzy said:
    Edved82 said:
    Unacceptable to leave this cancellation so late. If Ed's voice is this bad, why leave it so late and yet again cost fans hundreds of euros? Got total sympathy for Eddie but it's unprofessional and unfair on fans that are paying big bucks to travel to these gigs.
    It’s tough…and it def sucks for all parties involved.

    I have to imagine they’re holding out hope until the very last minute, each day.  I also have to assume that if there is even a slim chance that he’s got enough ‘throat’ to pull off a show - they’re gonna delay until they can’t. But it’s clearly a situation that is touch and go… having to assess on an hour by hour basis… even up until a few hours before a show. I’m not sure there is a good strategy for these types of situations re: timing of the cancellation…

    The body is on its own timeline. Everyone heals at their own pace. Maybe each day is a little better than the last, but not quite enough to pull off the vocal gymnastics that is the standard PJ song…(Obviously none of us are intimately familiar with the details - it’s clearly not good though). 

    It sucks... And honestly, it’s kinda amazing that it hasn’t happened more often over 3 decades of playing/touring. 

    With all that said - my heart goes out to all the fans who had tickets. Like I said - sucks for all involved 😔. 

    Hope everyone (including the PJ camp) can find something to take their minds off of this…✌️& ❤️.
    Fuck it, I’m in Amsterdam so what else can you do beside getting hammered..still love and always will this band but this stings a lot more than Prague for some reason 

Sign In or Register to comment.