Cancellation Notice for Amsterdam Night 1

Comments

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2022
    calling all interweb doctors/know-it-alls...   

enjoy the show everyone
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    calling all interweb doctors/know-it-alls...   
     :D 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

• Ik voel me belazerd en voor gek gezet. Eerst in de rij voor ten club kaartjes en daarna in de rij voor early  enter. 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 729

Ik voel me belazerd en voor gek gezet. Eerst in de rij voor ten club kaartjes en daarna in de rij voor early  enter. 
    Verkoop je kaartje Alfred als je geen zin hebt.
    Sell your ticket Alfred if you dont want to go inside
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong with a post yesterday, I was convinced this show was never happening so the news today is a major shock..
    sooooo looking forward to tonight now and I hope the band blow the fucking roof off
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    I have been following all of this very keenly and so pleased that tonight is happening from where I’m sitting in South Africa. 

Enjoy for all of us all of you who are there! 
    rustedsigns
  • animalbearanimalbear Manchester Posts: 11
    Just about to fly back to England after last night's cancellation. I couldn't stay the extra night, but hope all have a great time tonight :)
    Leeds Festival 25.08.2006 | Marseille 23.09.2006 | Athens 30.09.2006 | London 18.06.2007 | Dusseldorf 21.06.2007 | Manchester 17.08.2009 | London Show 1 18.06.2018 | Berlin 05.07.2018 | Barcelona 10.07.2018 | Berlin 21.06.2022 | Amsterdam Show 1 24.07.2022 | Manchester 25.06.2024
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,014
    Could be an interesting night. Cold Day in the Sun?  No Lip?  Mankind?  Purple Rain?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    Sweet lew
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,338

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,464
    Show delayed by 30mins. Band should be on at 9pm
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Stoked for those at the show, EV and the band getting on with this tour! Curious as to what this set list is like. 

Being one who flew all the way from USA to Austria with front of stage tix, and getting all the way to the doors at Stadthalle just can't help but still feel depressed/heart broken over what never happened. Just never have had any luck ever in all the shows I've tried to see them since them in since 1992.

That said, truly hope everyone has a phenomenal time tonight! 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    edited July 2022
    The insurance angle to waiting until the last minute to cancel never made sense to me. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,646
    Could be an interesting night. Cold Day in the Sun?  No Lip?  Mankind?  Purple Rain?
    Great call 
  • aranvedderaranvedder Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    hello,
    I had tickets for the first day since 2019, it cost me a lot to get the trip because of the flights, the price and everything that goes with it. In the end I went to Amsterdam for nothing, and yes the city is beautiful and everything is great, but the only purpose of going there was to SEE PEARL JAM!! otherwise I wouldn't have gone. I'm a little sad and disappointed, after seeing the videos of today's concert, yesterday's cancellation seems very strange in relation to Eddie's voice. I love Pearl Jam, but I recognize that the ways of doing things have not been the best, yesterday's cancellation causes me a lot of confusion and I have taken it as a lack of respect towards the fans, but well, it has been the rage of the moment I believe that their reasons would have had to act like this and I hope they return to Europe soon because they owe us. 😝, .
    Post edited by aranvedder on
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    pdalowsky said:
    Great call 
    pdalowsky said:
    Great call 
    2 out of 4…. Very good call

Mankind and Purple Rain
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 80
    KidAOK said:
    JF170492 said:
    mshnayder said:

Going to guess all the nasty comments are not going unseen..

Look, let me be clear I totally feel bad for ticket holders with these last minute cancellations. And I AGREE that this could and SHOULD be handled better. 100%. 1 hour before the show is just not acceptable.

Now, all that being said, there are A LOT of worse lives out there than being stuck in cities like Prague and Amsterdam. Two of my favorite cities in Europe. People are on here complaining about "wasting" money on flights...well is it a "waste" because now you are "stuck" in Prague or Amsterdam? I get the disappointment, I do, but there's people in the world who would love to go anywhere near those places and will never get a chance to make it there. If you were able to even make it over to Prague or Amsterdam I think there's worse things that have happened in this world than you being able to spend a couple of nights there. I'm not saying people can't be sad or disappointed, because I sure would be, but lets not act like even being in that situation is not a privilege. Look around and make the most of the situation. Amsterdam is an amazing city...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. Some of the reactions here are a little over the top and quite frankly as tone deaf as anything the band's management can or has put out. Life is short and fragile and for many people you'll probably never meet just horrible...enjoy even being in place like a Prague or Amsterdam and put your disappointment in perspective. All i'm saying. 

Hope eddie feels better. Shitty how this Album release and now tour is going. Kills us all and I'm sure the band the most.
    Totally fair to look at it as privileged. BUT even though I like Amsterdam I don't give a shit about which city I'm stuck in! This trip is all about the concerts - had there not been concerts here I wouldn't have used my money and time being here now. Those money won't come back, my vacation time can't be used elsewhere. Booked and rebooked this three times and now it's just wasted. So I think it's amazing that some people can make lemonade from lemons, but I for one am just absolutely gutted - and yes, I will try to have a decent time today, but I mostly just wanna go back home and put this shit show behind me
    I think it's totally unfair to look at it as privileged.  The guy has no idea what people have gave up to be there, and no idea what impact a cancelled show might have on someone.

Making assumptions on someone's situation and then saying enjoy, there and people in worse situations is insensitive at the very least.
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    JF170492 said:
    mshnayder said:

Going to guess all the nasty comments are not going unseen..

Look, let me be clear I totally feel bad for ticket holders with these last minute cancellations. And I AGREE that this could and SHOULD be handled better. 100%. 1 hour before the show is just not acceptable.

Now, all that being said, there are A LOT of worse lives out there than being stuck in cities like Prague and Amsterdam. Two of my favorite cities in Europe. People are on here complaining about "wasting" money on flights...well is it a "waste" because now you are "stuck" in Prague or Amsterdam? I get the disappointment, I do, but there's people in the world who would love to go anywhere near those places and will never get a chance to make it there. If you were able to even make it over to Prague or Amsterdam I think there's worse things that have happened in this world than you being able to spend a couple of nights there. I'm not saying people can't be sad or disappointed, because I sure would be, but lets not act like even being in that situation is not a privilege. Look around and make the most of the situation. Amsterdam is an amazing city...and quite frankly you could have traveled to Sacramento and been stuck there for a cancelled show. Some of the reactions here are a little over the top and quite frankly as tone deaf as anything the band's management can or has put out. Life is short and fragile and for many people you'll probably never meet just horrible...enjoy even being in place like a Prague or Amsterdam and put your disappointment in perspective. All i'm saying. 

Hope eddie feels better. Shitty how this Album release and now tour is going. Kills us all and I'm sure the band the most.
    Totally fair to look at it as privileged. BUT even though I like Amsterdam I don't give a shit about which city I'm stuck in! This trip is all about the concerts - had there not been concerts here I wouldn't have used my money and time being here now. Those money won't come back, my vacation time can't be used elsewhere. Booked and rebooked this three times and now it's just wasted. So I think it's amazing that some people can make lemonade from lemons, but I for one am just absolutely gutted - and yes, I will try to have a decent time today, but I mostly just wanna go back home and put this shit show behind me
    I think it's totally unfair to look at it as privileged.  The guy has no idea what people have gave up to be there, and no idea what impact a cancelled show might have on someone.

Making assumptions on someone's situation and then saying enjoy, there and people in worse situations is insensitive at the very least.
    THANK YOU for finally saying like it is.

Unlike the majority i go to see the concert , the city is a plus. i dont do meet ups so i could really care less about parties and stuff.

the enjoy the city , go out , everything is fine is such a privileged statement , usually by someone who goes to multiple shows per tour and doesnt have financial problems at all to be able to be "just fine" missing a couple shows.

To some people only doing one show is a special occasion and one they take as a very special moment and not "only one more show" , so those entitled fans which btw while im ranting are the ones who buy multiple posters and stickers and pins to make a profit afterwards to afford the next tour , yeah i fucking said it and we all know deep down this is what is really happenning in the merchanding department can really take a good look and put things in the true perpective of a normal human being and why people (like myself) were devastated after vienna , to be honest still am , because i was so looking forward to it.
    Crazy comments here. "Usually by someone who goes to multiple shows per tour." I've been to zero. The only two I am going to are NYC and Camden because I live in Philadelphia. 

To say being able to travel to see a CONCERT in a major European city ISN'T privileged is kind of crazy. That's the type of nonsense somebody who has no idea what true poverty is would say. Go to any inner city and you'll find a majority of people who will barely be able to leave within 5 miles outside of their homes let a lone traveling to another city for a concert. I'll strongly stick by my comments and and feel comfortable making them as being somebody who couldn't afford the vacation time or $$ to go see PJ in europe as badly as I wanted too.

ANYWAYS...happy for the people who hung in there and didn't lose hope and got to see them tonight. Good for you guys.
  • edgesredgesr Posts: 52
    Sad to have missed night 2. Had the opportunity to purchase some tickets before the cancellations however turned them down as didn't want to mess work around and would have had to rebook flights for a day later. So glad for those who got to witness night 2. Do we know how Eddie sounded?
    Manchester 2 - 2012
    Milton Keynes - 2014
    Krakow - 2018
    London 1&2 - 2018
    Hyde Park 1&2 - 2022
    Amsterdam 1 - 2022
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,428
    edgesr said:
    Sad to have missed night 2. Had the opportunity to purchase some tickets before the cancellations however turned them down as didn't want to mess work around and would have had to rebook flights for a day later. So glad for those who got to witness night 2. Do we know how Eddie sounded?
    You could hear he wasn’t 100% but he still sounded good
    JPPJ84 said:
    edgesr said:
    You could hear he wasn’t 100% but he still sounded good
    Great so glad to hear this, he has a good few weeks to get further treatment and rest so fingers crossed for the NA tour.
    Manchester 2 - 2012
    Milton Keynes - 2014
    Krakow - 2018
    London 1&2 - 2018
    Hyde Park 1&2 - 2022
    Amsterdam 1 - 2022
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited July 2022
    If I would have used my money just to be a tourist - I would have gone to Iceland or saved up for Tokyo instead of visiting Prague again. Or bought a Nintendo Switch and stayed in sunny Sweden. I don’t care about travelling or touristing to take a picture infront of some famous building. Never have. 

But yes, there are worse cities to be stranded in than Prague (or Amsterdam).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited July 2022
    It's just going to be a bigger risk than normal travelling far to any concert for the foreseeable future. We probably have to accept that. I understand people are not always interested in doing the tourist stuff, it's just my opinion that if you are travelling far just for the concert there's a chance this kind of thing will happen and leave you really disappointed and out of pocket. Not defending the late call offs and I totally understand that there are so many places Pearl Jam miss out on touring. Would like them to visit some different countries and cities next time they tour outside the US rather than just the usual European capitals.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 329
    Might be good to know to for people having bought tickets from others via Ticketmaster transfer: Even though tickets were transfered to the new buyer, the refund will still go to the original buyer!

From Ticketmaster´s FAQ:
    If an event is canceled, postponed, rescheduled or moved, and refunds are approved by the Event Organizer, only the original purchaser—i.e., the person who purchased the tickets at issue directly from our Site—will be eligible for any available refunds or credits.
    Please note that recipients of any transferred tickets are not eligible for any available refunds or credits, because the transfer recipient did not purchase tickets directly from our Site. If you purchased a resale ticket from some other source (i.e., not through our Site), and that ticket was then transferred to you, you will need to reach out to your original point of purchase for any refund and/or credit options, if available.

• TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    edited July 2022
    Got the 10C mail and requested the refund. That was pretty quick.
    Still sad about the cancellation and the fact that I didn`t have tickets for AMS 2 :(
    Big shout out to my queue buddies Marcus, Michael and his partner Karen. We spent a good few hours chatting in the line and had some great conversations. I was in awe of Marcus's PJ tattoo sleeve too! Really excellently done.
    Manchester 2 - 2012
    Milton Keynes - 2014
    Krakow - 2018
    London 1&2 - 2018
    Hyde Park 1&2 - 2022
    Amsterdam 1 - 2022
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    LizJ said:
    Might be good to know to for people having bought tickets from others via Ticketmaster transfer: Even though tickets were transfered to the new buyer, the refund will still go to the original buyer!

From Ticketmaster´s FAQ:
    If an event is canceled, postponed, rescheduled or moved, and refunds are approved by the Event Organizer, only the original purchaser—i.e., the person who purchased the tickets at issue directly from our Site—will be eligible for any available refunds or credits.
    Please note that recipients of any transferred tickets are not eligible for any available refunds or credits, because the transfer recipient did not purchase tickets directly from our Site. If you purchased a resale ticket from some other source (i.e., not through our Site), and that ticket was then transferred to you, you will need to reach out to your original point of purchase for any refund and/or credit options, if available.
    That shouldn't apply to any resale done directly through Ticketmaster. They're referring to if you bought through something like Stubhub or another third party, or if say you privately paid someone else who then transferred the ticket to you.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 329
    Yes, I think it applies to private sales with transferred tickets. I bought tickets from someone on the forum, that were transferred to my TM account and was surprised that the refund is still connected to the original buyer. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,646
    edgesr said:
    To be honest he sounded fantastic, way way better than expected given the issues faced, and as the show went on he only got better, louder and more energetic. He pulled out of a few lines and let the audience take those but that isnt totally uncommon when in full voice
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    Has anybody received their refund from TM?
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 897
    Anyone had the follow up email from WISE for refunding 10c tickets yet?