Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    edited February 2023
    JimmyV said:
    On one hand it feels too soon for a new album. On the other it has been three years. 
    Hoping “Give Way” is the new album and we won’t have to sit through something net new at any upcoming shows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,492
    They played shows last year. It will be awhile. Hopefully ACL is happening. Otherwise no shows this year. Hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    They could be in "Lets finish the album before we tour" mode.   I guess that's both good and bad.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Zod said:
    They could be in "Lets finish the album before we tour" mode.   I guess that's both good and bad.
    That would be right and wise.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Come on PJ.  There’s two open dates, Aug 10 and 11 at Wrigley between the Springsteen and Pink.  The stage will already be up.  Plus Ed with the chance to play with Bruce on the 9th?  
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    Come on PJ.  There’s two open dates, Aug 10 and 11 at Wrigley between the Springsteen and Pink.  The stage will already be up.  Plus Ed with the chance to play with Bruce on the 9th?  
    Bruce announced a second show on the 11th. (He does not play back to back nights anymore)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    joprojopro Posts: 25
    JimmyV said:
    On one hand it feels too soon for a new album. On the other it has been three years. 
    Hoping “Give Way” is the new album and we won’t have to sit through something net new at any upcoming shows.  
    Ridiculous comment. I hope that you get to hear Even Flow, Alive and Daughter at your next show. 
    1998: Montreal 2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto, Montreal, New York II 2005: Montreal, Quebec 2007: London (Wembley), Chicago (Lollapalooza) 2008: Mansfield I, Mansfield II, Montreal I (EV), Montreal II (EV) 2009: Seattle I, Seattle II 2011: Montreal, Ottawa 2013: Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Toronto I, Toronto II 2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II 2022: Quebec, Ottawa
  • Options
    jopro said:
    JimmyV said:
    Ridiculous comment. I hope that you get to hear Even Flow, Alive and Daughter at your next show. 
    That’s part of the problem.  They always play Even Flow and Alive.  With the shorter shows that’s about 10% of the show right there.  Another 20-30% on Gigaton, and if there’s another new album, 20-30% on that, leaving very little room for all the amazing stuff inbetween.  Now that would be ridiculous.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    jopro said:
    JimmyV said:
    That’s part of the problem.  They always play Even Flow and Alive.  With the shorter shows that’s about 10% of the show right there.  Another 20-30% on Gigaton, and if there’s another new album, 20-30% on that, leaving very little room for all the amazing stuff inbetween.  Now that would be ridiculous.  
    Didn’t play Even Flow in Hamilton and didn’t play Porch in Toronto.  If the new norm is 22-25 songs you will see more of this when shows are played in close proximity.   Especially if the shows have a higher  percentage of 10club members.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    They need to play songs from Binaural, Riot Act, Self Titled, and heck even Backspacer.  I just went to Spotify and searched for live versions of Backspacer songs and they kick ass! I'd take most of them over Gigaton songs any day.
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    jopro said:
    JimmyV said:
    Didn’t play Even Flow in Hamilton and didn’t play Porch in Toronto.  If the new norm is 22-25 songs you will see more of this when shows are played in close proximity.   Especially if the shows have a higher  percentage of 10club members.
    They played Even Flow at 30/33 shows in 2022 and Alive at 32/33.  I think my point stands! 

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,309
    Zod said:
    It's been eerily quiet!  I feel like an Album/single/tour announcement is come sooner than later.  Just my thoughts
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,624
    edited February 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Why would they need to tour, when you guys gobble up every piece of bs merch they throw at you like it's a Honus Wagner card?

It's a fair point. The speed with which those posters sold today was incredible. Santos says "psst" and the race is on.
    I'm a reformed merch guy.  So out of the loop on merch stuff now.  Feels like I moved to a new country and every once in a while i realize people still live in the old country doing their thing.
  • Options
    KB82926KB82926 Posts: 60
    edited February 2023
    Ed’s Feb 26th day at Innings Festival not sold out yet. Hopeful we get some schedule clarity for him after that show. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    mr bungle said:
    Zod said:
    It's been eerily quiet!  I feel like an Album/single/tour announcement is come sooner than later.  Just my thoughts
    I sadly feel like nothing is cooking. I hope I’m wrong.

I feel like management is trying to keep us engaged while the band does nothing.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    GN'R added to the Fenway lineup. Still (and so far) one of the weaker concert years there. 

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,350
    JimmyV said:
    GN'R added to the Fenway lineup. Still (and so far) one of the weaker concert years there. 

Happy to see this. Just booked plane tix for the summer vacay, departing on 8/21. Those open dates from 8/20-24 had me concerned that as soon as I booked flights, PJ would announce 2 shows at Fenway on 8/21 & 23.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

That makes 11 Fenway shows this year.  My understanding is the city will license a maximum of 12 in a year (2022 had a special exception).  So would PJ do a single show there? That would be all that’s theoretically possible if I understand Boston’s rules correctly.  

• Options
    JimmyV said:

GnR seems like one of those bands that would have stopped a long time ago...but they also seem like one of those bands where members can rotate out and still tour under the GnR name...look at AC/DC for an example.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    JimmyV said:

There are some real gems if you scroll the various GNR VIP package perks but Meet and Greet With A Roadie might be my favorite 

• Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 943
    edited February 2023
    JimmyV said:

GnR seems like one of those bands that would have stopped a long time ago...but they also seem like one of those bands where members can rotate out and still tour under the GnR name...look at AC/DC for an example.
    It's been like that since the year 2000. But this version of the band thats been touring since 2016 has stayed together. Some of the touring members have been apart of it since 2002. 

Never forget when Buckethead beat Slash at his own game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou12x8Froxs
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

Happy to see this. Just booked plane tix for the summer vacay, departing on 8/21. Those open dates from 8/20-24 had me concerned that as soon as I booked flights, PJ would announce 2 shows at Fenway on 8/21 & 23.
    Bon voyage! No concert conflict worries, just smooth sailing ahead. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:

That makes 11 Fenway shows this year.  My understanding is the city will license a maximum of 12 in a year (2022 had a special exception).  So would PJ do a single show there? That would be all that’s theoretically possible if I understand Boston’s rules correctly.  
    I don't know anymore. We used to hear that the city wouldn't let them schedule three shows in a row, too, but this year features multiple three in a rows and one stretch of five shows in six days. Maybe the restrictions are loosening?

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,660

Imagine going to Japan for a 10 day trip and catching a run of PJ shows…..
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Douglas12373Douglas12373 Posts: 208
    edited February 2023
    In 2023, I can barely imagine crossing the US for 10 days and catching a run of PJ shows....

;)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    They need to play songs from Binaural, Riot Act, Self Titled, and heck even Backspacer.  I just went to Spotify and searched for live versions of Backspacer songs and they kick ass! I'd take most of them over Gigaton songs any day.
    They do, at Vancouver 2013 I think they played 5 or 6 songs of Binaural.   It was glorious.   I'm assuming they did it because Vancouver didn't get a proper show on the Binaural tour (those of us lucky enough to win tickets, got to see a warmup show at the Commodore, a bar in Vancouver).

I suppose this is a trade off of short concert lengths.   If they keep playing the staples, it only leave so much other room for other songs.   Those extra 10 songs they were playing from 2013 to 2018, made a world of difference :)
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I don't know anymore. We used to hear that the city wouldn't let them schedule three shows in a row, too, but this year features multiple three in a rows and one stretch of five shows in six days. Maybe the restrictions are loosening?
    Out of excessive boredom I once watched the hearing application when the Red Sox asked for 16 dates max instead of the normal 12 for 2022.  In the hearing they emphasized it was a one time only exception.  Of course, municipal politics, anything can change, but it seemed pretty clear the max is normally 12.  

• Options
    Zod said:
    They do, at Vancouver 2013 I think they played 5 or 6 songs of Binaural.   It was glorious.   I'm assuming they did it because Vancouver didn't get a proper show on the Binaural tour (those of us lucky enough to win tickets, got to see a warmup show at the Commodore, a bar in Vancouver).

I suppose this is a trade off of short concert lengths.   If they keep playing the staples, it only leave so much other room for other songs.   Those extra 10 songs they were playing from 2013 to 2018, made a world of difference :)

It was the same on May 6th, 2010 in Columbus. We got a lot of Avocado songs, assumedly because we didn't get the Avocado stop. (And if you haven't listened to that show, a LOT of people were kicking themselves in the listening thread for missing it.)

Using that logic, when they come back... Lightning Bolt only saw Ohio once.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Out of excessive boredom I once watched the hearing application when the Red Sox asked for 16 dates max instead of the normal 12 for 2022.  In the hearing they emphasized it was a one time only exception.  Of course, municipal politics, anything can change, but it seemed pretty clear the max is normally 12.  

I also watched that.., and others :) ..out excessive curiosity..or stupidity(?) I find it interesting to see the process I guess. You can also see the documents, planning, etc that goes in to the Fenway shows..and how public comments about noise levels get addressed here:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F1YlzUFNzpRIF_r_kWAiD-RRNcel4cTI

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
    Zod said:

It was the same on May 6th, 2010 in Columbus. We got a lot of Avocado songs, assumedly because we didn't get the Avocado stop. (And if you haven't listened to that show, a LOT of people were kicking themselves in the listening thread for missing it.)

Using that logic, when they come back... Lightning Bolt only saw Ohio once.
    Really happy I caught that show - loved the set and energy, loved the arena and acoustics, really enjoyed visiting the city and hell…even loved the poster!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore