Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 446
    Oo i love the complaint ranking ... my favorite is when people complain about "out of towners" hogging all the tickets to their "local" show ... and when people suggest people with local zip codes should have higher priority for tickets.

Either that or when someone complains they didn't get tickets to their super high demand show (i.e. MSG or Wrigley 13) but other people got multiple lower demand shows and that somehow isn't fair.
  • Options
    KK67764KK67764 Posts: 36
    So my understanding is that placement of seating through tenclub will be based on seniority.  Do I have a proper understanding? 

I luckily have let my tenclub auto renew and am in the 207xxx range
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 247
    Question, what is considered a low Fan Club account number these days? Like below 100000? 200000? 
    I have # 210xxx and for the cancelled Vegas show my seats were on the first row of the reserved seats on the floor directly behind the pit.  
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    169,000 and joined in March of 1998. I was listening to Yield when I joined. 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Ha, you're all miles ahead of me at 714xxx.
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    141,XXX joined in 1995 while in college around the Vitalogy release? The first ten club tickets were for the No Code tour...man, I wish I would have held on to those tickets...they were pretty.

That said, I'm not sure if seniority is truly followed in assigning tickets. For Nashville, we were about 20 rows up Stone's side, but a buddy who just joined in 2020 got tickets 10 rows lower in the same section. I'm not a complainer and I've had front row and last row on the lawn and all concert experiences are unique and amazing.

Just a cautionary tale, but also a reminder to just enjoy the shows and not stress about the priority or seniority. I remember the days when they would lottery the first and tenth rows for fairness. It was cool sitting behind some younger fans who had won the front-row lottery and were having the time of their lives.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,545
    edited April 2023
    I'm 425xxx and joined about 4 years later than I wanted to. Boy-oh-boy do I wish I had the wherewithal to have made a few clicks and spent my money on the membership instead of a case of beer.

About 80% of us joined later than we wanted to. Welcome to the club, and don't worry about seniority  now - you'll still have better seats than if you tried via public on sale, and I can assure you that you won't worry about it when the band walks on stage :)
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited April 2023
    Discopij said:
    Oo i love the complaint ranking ... my favorite is when people complain about "out of towners" hogging all the tickets to their "local" show ... and when people suggest people with local zip codes should have higher priority for tickets.

Either that or when someone complains they didn't get tickets to their super high demand show (i.e. MSG or Wrigley 13) but other people got multiple lower demand shows and that somehow isn't fair.

Example: 
    2016:
    Pick 1 = MSG 1 GA LOST
    Pick 2 = Philly 2 RES LOST
    Pick 3 = MSG 2 RES LOST
    Pick 4 = Greenville RES LOST

Pick 1 = Jacksonville RES WIN
    Pick 2 = Miami GA WIN
    Pick 3 = Ft Lauderdale RES WIN
    Pick 4 = Greenville GA WIN
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Cooter said:
    141,XXX joined in 1995 while in college around the Vitalogy release? The first ten club tickets were for the No Code tour...man, I wish I would have held on to those tickets...they were pretty.

That said, I'm not sure if seniority is truly followed in assigning tickets. For Nashville, we were about 20 rows up Stone's side, but a buddy who just joined in 2020 got tickets 10 rows lower in the same section. I'm not a complainer and I've had front row and last row on the lawn and all concert experiences are unique and amazing.

Just a cautionary tale, but also a reminder to just enjoy the shows and not stress about the priority or seniority. I remember the days when they would lottery the first and tenth rows for fairness. It was cool sitting behind some younger fans who had won the front-row lottery and were having the time of their lives.

1) Your username and icon are great.
    2) Your seating assignments for Nashville are definitely peculiar.
    3) It was actually rows 1, 2, 9 and 10...which they still did at Fenway Park due to those shows not having GA.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    A948915A948915 Missouri Posts: 9
    This is my first lottery. I signed up and got confirmation and everything but I just happed to look at my tickets in the drop down box and it says I haven’t entered in any drawings. Is this normal?
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 94
    A948915 said:
    This is my first lottery. I signed up and got confirmation and everything but I just happed to look at my tickets in the drop down box and it says I haven’t entered in any drawings. Is this normal?
    I had the same concern. Sounds like it is normal and if you got the TicketsToday email confirmation you should be ok
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    Cooter said:

1) Your username and icon are great.
    2) Your seating assignments for Nashville are definitely peculiar.
    3) It was actually rows 1, 2, 9 and 10...which they still did at Fenway Park due to those shows not having GA.
    Thanks.

Yes, it was peculiar, but I also know that Nashville ended up being a destination show with it being in Nashville and a weekend show...so, I also expect more demand for this smaller tour. I only put in for Indy because it's the only show that remotely fits my schedule and close enough to travel minimally for it. Kids...they do alter your touring plans until they are old enough to tour travel with you.

That's right, I knew it was some random sort like that. We were third row at Deer Creek that tour after being front row the previous tour and not a bit of bitterness was to be had...I will say that unlike many other acts, the love of the PJ family is real and contagious.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,835
    A948915 said:
    That’s for Europe and the old NA lotto. Ticketmaster runs this one and will email you your tickets to claim 
  • Options
    A948915A948915 Missouri Posts: 9
    PJNB said:
    A948915 said:
    That’s for Europe and the old NA lotto. Ticketmaster runs this one and will email you your tickets to claim 
    Thanks for the info. Just saw that and got a little nervous. 
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 572
    So, this is wonderfully common.  Originally joined in, huh, late 95 or 96 and had number198xxx.  Lapsed in 2001 and rejoined in 2008.  I now have a 420xxx and it has been extremely lucky.  
  • Options
    Discopij said:

Example: 
    2016:
    Pick 1 = MSG 1 GA LOST
    Pick 3 = MSG 2 RES LOST

Pick 2 = Miami GA WIN
    I am going to need to see the receipts for that pick 4 Greenville RES lost and that pick 4 Greenville GA win…. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Discopij said:

Example: 
    2016:
    Pick 1 = MSG 1 GA LOST
    Pick 3 = MSG 2 RES LOST

Pick 2 = Miami GA WIN
    I am going to need to see the receipts for that pick 4 Greenville RES lost and that pick 4 Greenville GA win…. 

Eh, good point. It'd make more sense if those #4 were swapped, but the point remains that there were people who didn't know why they lost 1-4 while others won all four or more. Most of the multi-losers probably put too many eggs in the Philly/NY basket.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    YAKIMATSU said:
    So, this is wonderfully common.  Originally joined in, huh, late 95 or 96 and had number198xxx.  Lapsed in 2001 and rejoined in 2008.  I now have a 420xxx and it has been extremely lucky.  
    Joined in 98 and I’m 177xxx
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Discopij said:

Example: 
    2016:
    Pick 1 = MSG 1 GA LOST
    Pick 3 = MSG 2 RES LOST

Pick 2 = Miami GA WIN

Eh, good point. It'd make more sense if those #4 were swapped, but the point remains that there were people who didn't know why they lost 1-4 while others won all four or more. Most of the multi-losers probably put too many eggs in the Philly/NY basket.
    Just messing around.  I fully expect groups of  people making claims like you said especially with Chicago in the mix and others making false priority claims.

Going to feel like old times here very soon! 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    i I consider any number below 100k low! I don’t get how folks let their numbers expire once I realized what my number meant and what seats it gave me if I was lucky to score it was the most important renewal I had to keep up.
    member since 93 have never let it lapsed 27k 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 762
    i I consider any number below 100k low! I don’t get how folks let their numbers expire once I realized what my number meant and what seats it gave me if I was lucky to score it was the most important renewal I had to keep up.
    member since 93 have never let it lapsed 27k 
    As a fellow lapser, woah... In the unnecessary event you ever need to dump tickets... :wink: Cheers to your dedication!
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 572
    Kevinman said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Joined in 98 and I’m 177xxx
    Interesting, I have club tix from 98 for St. Louis.  Maybe, I could have joined as late as 98(obviously I'm old and I've had brain surgery), but I did get center stage less than 20 rows back.  198,400 to be exact.  Great show.  Truly loved the lady signing the show.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    The most generous aspect of the seniority system was assigning a membership number during initial contact (placing a 10C mail order or sending in a fan letter) and using the number as a placeholder until the membership was activated (at which time privileges activated as well).
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    100 Pacer said:
    The most generous aspect of the seniority system was assigning a membership number during initial contact (placing a 10C mail order or sending in a fan letter) and using the number as a placeholder until the membership was activated (at which time privileges activated as well).
    Def and if you bought TEN cd on the back of it had info address if you wanted any info on band! That’s exactly what I did I wrote them a letter asking them for any info they could give me on the band, sure enough I got letter in 94 with info on how to get tickets to the secret show at the paramount in NY needless to say I was sold for life😁
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,020
    edited April 2023
    174000 joined in 1998 I think.
    My profile says joined in 2000. I'm wondering if I just got a new membership and didn't renew my first year? O well. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    I know the lottery emails won’t come from 10c… but I still got unnecessarily excited just now w/ the email announcing the Give Way sale. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,836
    Like so many others, I let my membership lapse. Signed up originally in 99 or 00 with membership of 191xxx (or something like that). Membership lapsed during/post divorce in 07. I was a mess there for a little while. Renewed again in 08 or 09. A brief moment in weakness and now at 427xxx
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,148
    I know the lottery emails won’t come from 10c… but I still got unnecessarily excited just now w/ the email announcing the Give Way sale. 
    I was just saying..."those bastards!" lol
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,273
    Like so many others, I let my membership lapse. Signed up originally in 99 or 00 with membership of 191xxx (or something like that). Membership lapsed during/post divorce in 07. I was a mess there for a little while. Renewed again in 08 or 09. A brief moment in weakness and now at 427xxx
    It's a tough pill to swallow.  I let all my fan clubs expire in the early 2000s when I needed more beer money.  Oops. One of life's countless bad decisions.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,545
    mace1229 said:
    174000 joined in 1998 I think.
    My profile says joined in 2000. I'm wondering if I just got a new membership and didn't renew my first year? O well. 
    Wondering if everyone that registered pre-2000 just has 2000 on their profile. Seems like an online default thing rather than a "missed a year" thing.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: