Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    purplecowpurplecow Posts: 101
    purplecow said:
    If we get reserved seats through 10c presale, do we get to know where our seats are before the week of the show? Or is it just "you have 2 reserved tickets and we'll tell you where later on"?
    If I remember right, it’ll be in a couple weeks when we find out. Or maybe just a week 
    Thanks, my mom is extremely picky  =)
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,146
    Come on! It's after midnight. Shouldn't they have charged my card already? ;)
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    Good luck today!
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    purplecow said:
    If we get reserved seats through 10c presale, do we get to know where our seats are before the week of the show? Or is it just "you have 2 reserved tickets and we'll tell you where later on"?
    If I remember right, it’ll be in a couple weeks when we find out. Or maybe just a week 
    I thought it was at same time as find out if tickets, no?

never done the lottery before but thought I saw that before but maybe I just read that you’ll find out in advance vs. picking up day of.

Either way a huge improvement.

thanks!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    We find out that we won first, then later we learn our seat location. This is because winners are notified as they win but seat locations based on seniority can't be determined until the list of winners is fully determined. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Usually a week or two later come the seat location emails. In the past we are asked to claim our tickets, and then they live in your Ticketmaster account. 

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,146
    Doug87 said:
    purplecow said:

never done the lottery before but thought I saw that before but maybe I just read that you’ll find out in advance vs. picking up day of.

thanks!
    I'm pretty sure ever since TicketsToday took over, we find out locations same time as we find out if we got tickets. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's how it was last time.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    EMizner said:

I entered the lottery for the two St. Paul shows and got a confirmation email from Ticketmaster that I entered but it says I haven’t entered any ticket drawings on my tickets on my profile… is this a problem?
    Lottery confirmation email was from TicketsToday.

Verified Fan confirmation was from Ticketmaster.

Are you sure you entered the lottery?  You can go back to the entry page and check your entries.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Doug87 said:
    purplecow said:

thanks!
    I'm pretty sure ever since TicketsToday took over, we find out locations same time as we find out if we got tickets. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's how it was last time.
    In 2020 we found out a few weeks later. Not sure about what happened in 2023.

I’m wondering whether people who entered for the GA+Reserved options will find out if they’re in the pit this week. 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Doug87 said:
    purplecow said:

thanks!
    Thanks I’ve never done the lottery but thought that was the case as well. 

Makes sense that driven a vendor change vs. some random process improvement.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Doug87 said:
    purplecow said:

thanks!

I’m wondering whether people who entered for the GA+Reserved options will find out if they’re in the pit this week. 
    Normally early winners per show are GA. Be interesting to see if they officially let GA winners know today/tomorrow that they got GA
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,835
    tdawe said:
    Doug87 said:
    purplecow said:

thanks!

Normally early winners per show are GA. Be interesting to see if they officially let GA winners know today/tomorrow that they got GA
    Damn forgot all about that. No one is going to know if they have GA or reserved are they. We could use the email timing to get a rough guess  maybe. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    PJNB said:
    tdawe said:
    Doug87 said:
    purplecow said:

thanks!

Damn forgot all about that. No one is going to know if they have GA or reserved are they. We could use the email timing to get a rough guess  maybe. 
    That’s what I remember from 2020 - speculation (that turned out to be accurate?) based on notification timing. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    tdawe said:
    Doug87 said:
    purplecow said:

thanks!

That’s what I remember from 2020 - speculation (that turned out to be accurate?) based on notification timing. 
    Yes but we also then had the GA only winners to use as a reference too. It won't be an exact science but some of us should know if it is GA or not using that. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Whats the over under on how many people complain they didn't even get their first pick, when the reality was they didn't know to re-order the number before submitting?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    JimmyV said:
    Happy Lottery Eve to all who celebrate. 
    Good luck to all who are eligible.  :D  
  • Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 832
    edited April 2023
    mace1229 said:
    Whats the over under on how many people complain they didn't even get their first pick, when the reality was they didn't know to re-order the number before submitting?
    Sadly, there will be many, even though there was a page telling you to drag them into order of preference. We also had to check off 5 boxes acknowledging that it is indeed possible to be charged for all shows picked. Reading is hard.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,997
    mace1229 said:
    Sadly, there will be many, even though there was a page telling you to drag them into order of preference. We also had to check off 5 boxes acknowledging that it is indeed possible to be charged for all shows picked. Reading is hard.
    reading rainbow GIF
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Favorite Lottery Day Complaints:
    1. Falsely claiming that seniority used to matter for securing tickets.
    2. Not winning GA tantrums
    3. Not reading instructions and winning far more tickets than they could afford / attend.
    4. Not winning the lottery after not actually entering the lottery, just entering Verified Fan.

What are your favorite complaints?

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,932
    CopperTom said:
    3. Not reading instructions and winning far more tickets than they could afford / attend.
    4. Not winning the lottery after not actually entering the lottery, just entering Verified Fan.

This would be a good poll. I’d go with #4. Highlights the lack of reading comprehension that seems to be oh so common.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,997
    CopperTom said:

Definitely #4. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Flashbacks to #3 with Europe winners winning 13 shows and only wanting one... ugh lol. 
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

General complaint that it's too complicated 
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    1/18/20 baltimore won. 
    1/31/20 seat locations given
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,419
    Hmmmmm.... close between 2 and 4.... but 4 wins
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    CopperTom said:

Not receiving an email yet. Others have received them but not me. Gutted. Cancelling membership. Will now listen to Toby Keith.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888
    1/18/20 baltimore won. 
    1/31/20 seat locations given
    Thank you. I knew it wasn’t the same day. That didn’t seem right 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    CopperTom said:

Any complaint that highlights the fact they didn't read and/or follow directions, but yet they are still the victim here is my favorite. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,542
    edited April 2023
    CopperTom said:

Maybe this makes me an asshole, but I'm always shocked at how many people have open heart surgery scheduled for the day of show still put in for tickets and are shocked when they can't get a refund.

...And if the surgery is last minute, are still mad that their new lease on life overlaps with an Even Flow solo that they won't get to see.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    CopperTom said:

It's #4. Hard to even feel sorry for people at this point.