Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    CopperTom said:
    Favorite Lottery Day Complaints:
    1. Falsely claiming that seniority used to matter for securing tickets.
    2. Not winning GA tantrums
    3. Not reading instructions and winning far more tickets than they could afford / attend.
    4. Not winning the lottery after not actually entering the lottery, just entering Verified Fan.

What are your favorite complaints?

My favorites aren't  the complaints but rather the conspiracy theories.

1. TM doesn’t want a real fan to get tickets
    2.TM is in bed with the scalpers
    3. PJ doesn't care about the real fans

But this complaint always gets me....

Why are the tickets so expensive? Remember when Eddie's and the boys cared about the jamily and the tickets were affordable?
    PJ has sold out
    Preach. “Ticketmaster is out to get meeeeeeee”
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    I actually think they are going to fix the priority issue tomorrow.

I don’t recall seeing anyone in Texas who had first priority not get tickets (apologies if someone didn’t get Texas at all but had it as priority).

On the other hand, this happened a lot with Minnesota, Indiana, and Chicago and I think Ten Club was notified of it and recognized the need to do a redo and likely said halt the assignments until we sort it out so that everyone who got tickets already can keep them and they can at least get the other priority 1 people.

if you think about it, they have a ton of inventory from what they said and all the seats are being reassigned from scratch so there’s plenty of time to redraw it and assign based on the way it’s always been of first priority securing tickets prior to moving on to next priority (excluding folks already selected)

Maybe there will be some who got lucky with the flawed process that wouldn’t have otherwise, but I do think that everyone’s priority 1 may be filled in one way or another tomorrow (outside of if you only had Noblesville pavilion option selected, demand for the pavilion likely goes above and beyond available tickets).

Going to bed feeling optimistic for tomorrow given that’s the likely a lot more activity to come for the non Texas shows (as they seemed to go OK priority was outside of the double charges for Austin lol).
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 244
    Go Animal said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    I’ve got 264XXX, and felt pretty great about my 2020 initial lottery tickets. Lower bowl, section next to Mike, last row (handicapped seats). Really worked out for my son, no issues not being able to see. Fingers crossed for this lottery!
    Oof, I am 716XXX. Been a PJ fan for decades but didn't join 10C like a dummy until 2020.
    Don't feel bad. I had 77XXX, then 179XXX, then 323XXX, now 522XXX lol

We will find a way. We will find our place! (In the arena, lol)
    Go Animal, you are the last person on earth I ever expected to let their 10C membership lapse and for it to happen three times!!!!  WTF!!!  Love your sense of humor on these boards BTW and keep up the good work.  I find it interesting you made it into the House of Blues show in 2003 but missed out on the Vote for Change show in Kissimmee in 2004.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Remember when we had rumors of India?

Santos is still laughing at that one.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    MM70435 said:
    Go Animal said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    I’ve got 264XXX, and felt pretty great about my 2020 initial lottery tickets. Lower bowl, section next to Mike, last row (handicapped seats). Really worked out for my son, no issues not being able to see. Fingers crossed for this lottery!
    Oof, I am 716XXX. Been a PJ fan for decades but didn't join 10C like a dummy until 2020.

Go Animal, you are the last person on earth I ever expected to let their 10C membership lapse and for it to happen three times!!!!  WTF!!!  Love your sense of humor on these boards BTW and keep up the good work.  I find it interesting you made it into the House of Blues show in 2003 but missed out on the Vote for Change show in Kissimmee in 2004.

Before the auto-renewal, I'm sure lots of us had reminders everywhere.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,118

Hey man, these are only the dates thru the end of summer. I wouldn't rule out an October New Delhi  residency just yet.
  • Options

Hey man, these are only the dates thru the end of summer. I wouldn't rule out an October New Delhi  residency just yet.

If Hummus isn't the walk-on music...then again, would that be culturally insensitive?
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 586
    MM70435 said:
    Go Animal said:
    ZoSoTim said:

The auto-renewal cc change almost cost me. Made it by a few days 146xxx
  • Options
    MM70435 said:
    Go Animal said:
    ZoSoTim said:

The auto-renewal cc change almost cost me. Made it by a few days 146xxx

I changed my credit card a few years ago. Luckily, 10C sent an alert.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    I think I may have seen this question already so my apologies I just can’t find it.  

I’m staying one mile from UC past Union Park.
    is this a safe area? We’ve stayed everywhere but the West part.  Any help is appreciated. 
  • Options
    BraceYourSelfBraceYourSelf Posts: 814
    edited June 2023
    To the guy who said PJ was playing Made In America (Philly)

Lies!!!!

Post edited by BraceYourSelf on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202

Lies!!!!

wow  that's terrible
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    edited June 2023
    The inclusion of those Philly skyline shots in the teaser video will always be odd. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,237
    JimmyV said:
    Those inclusion of those Philly skyline shots in the teaser video will always be odd. 
    Definitely makes you wonder
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    pjhawks said:

Lies!!!!

wow  that's terrible

Yes it is. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,216
    Mase Camron, no relation to Matt :) 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285

Lies!!!!

Fuck me i'm old! the only reason ive heard of two of these acts is because i saw them on SNL.
  • Options
    Max PowerMax Power Posts: 17
    I think I may have seen this question already so my apologies I just can’t find it.  

is this a safe area? We’ve stayed everywhere but the West part.  Any help is appreciated. 

Sounds like you might be in the Fulton Market area (east of Union Park, west of downtown). If so you’re good. There are many great restaurants and bars in that area. Enjoy! 
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820

Don't tweak my nipples too hard with that one-am crossing from Pakistan into India at the start of November and ending up in Delhi. Already trying not to dream too hard about seeing a cricket world cup semi final LOL
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470

What hotel you staying at? We're staying at the Hotel Chicago West which is about an 8 min walk apparently to UC. I'm hoping the area is somewhat safe. We were just going to walk to shows, I figure with the amount of people going to show we should be able to walk back after show in numbers to our hotel. 
    Coming from Canada for shows and will be first time in Chicago, so know nothing about Chicago except for the amount of murders there every yr. 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    Oh man, I just noticed something.

Mr TShirt had 23 as the dice for Vegas in his post.

What if the 23 is Saturday September 23rd for Vegas as the final date of the tour? 

We all originally assumed the 23 was for 2023........................................................

Untitled

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,178
    No new rumors? Is that a wrap on 2023? 😢
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    No new rumors? Is that a wrap on 2023? 😢
    I think the only real possibility was MIA in Philly, even though that was unlikely. Fenway has an opening because the Gorillaz cancelled their tour, but PJ is in Austin. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    What are some Vic-level clubs PJ could play in Philly?

Not starting a new thread because even though 95% of Philly PJ fans are cool, the other 5% ruin it for everybody lol
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:

Not starting a new thread because even though 95% of Philly PJ fans are cool, the other 5% ruin it for everybody lol

Clubs? They won't even play Red Rocks. Unless it's a semi-private event like the Apollo show or a secret show like Third Man...those days are gone.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,226
    Go Animal said:

The electric factory! Although it’s called something else now. 
  • Options
    Go Animal said:

Clubs? They won't even play Red Rocks. Unless it's a semi-private event like the Apollo show or a secret show like Third Man...those days are gone.
    I mean, they did Apollo last year (albeit a little late, lol). And Ed was teasing about the Ryman last year in Nashville.

Surely, it wouldn't be a ticketed event. Definitely a 10c and/or Sirius show (or secret pop-up show). But something tells me that Philly is still in play, just not what we're expecting. 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    steven87 said:
    Go Animal said:

The electric factory! Although it’s called something else now. 
    Looks like it's called Franklin Music Hall now. Welp, how about a 10c, or Sirius show, boys??

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,291
    edited June 2023
    Go Animal said:

Yeah, not happening. The Tower would be amazing though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Sucks there isn't any New England shows this year. Hopefully next year.