Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 148
    I’m surprised there isn’t any chatter about 2024 yet ? Catching both Austin jazz and really hoping to see them within the next year honestly, I like the new format if you want to just do like eight or nine shows a year or something like that catch one part of the country I’m down with that I hate when they take multiple years off
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    devonfz said:
    I’m surprised there isn’t any chatter about 2024 yet ? Catching both Austin jazz and really hoping to see them within the next year honestly, I like the new format if you want to just do like eight or nine shows a year or something like that catch one part of the country I’m down with that I hate when they take multiple years off

The only stuff we really think we know:
    USA election year which probably could maybe possibly mean a big tour.

New album, based on what band members have said...which could maybe mean the usual European summer vacation of stand-alone shows and festivals.

But it does sound like the album and a lot of USA shows will happen. The relative radio silence combined with the "new album soon" mentions from the band is probably a good thing.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,142
    We have that person who talked to Mike who said bigger tour next year
  • Options
    I'm hearing things for the day off between Chicago shows.

AFAIK, there won't be a similar event for the other "two-night" cities. (Don't read into the quote marks.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,838

AFAIK, there won't be a similar event for the other "two-night" cities. (Don't read into the quote marks.)
    PJ Cubs day?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,290
    PJNB said:

PJ Cubs day?
    Laundry day for people doing MSP thru Indy with carry on?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,090
    devonfz said:

New album, based on what band members have said...which could maybe mean the usual European summer vacation of stand-alone shows and festivals.

But it does sound like the album and a lot of USA shows will happen. The relative radio silence combined with the "new album soon" mentions from the band is probably a good thing.
    Imagine we will start to know in November time if a Euro tour is a possibility (based on when festivals start to announce headliners). Fingers crossed
  • Options
    PJNB said:

PJ Cubs day?
    Laundry day for people doing MSP thru Indy with carry on?
    The ppl sitting by you will thank you 😉
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,263
    PJNB said:

PJ Cubs day?
    i figure that we would at least get Ed at the cubs game performing the 7th inning stretch or a first pitch 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 940

Yes, heard similar things. “Fan club related” from what I’m told.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    Special three hour merch lines for fan club members! Come spend your off-day in the shadow of the United Center. All sales are final. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467

Yes, heard similar things. “Fan club related” from what I’m told.
    Show the First Night's show(at some Venue) like they did for Fenway-1(2018)at the House Of Blues?
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Special three hour merch lines for fan club members! Come spend your off-day in the shadow of the United Center. All sales are final. 

That certainly solves the issue of laundry problems!
  • Options
    devonfz said:

Little late to the post, but Mike McCready confirmed at the last Rockfords show on Record Store Day that they will be touring much more next year.  

Also I feel like Jeff mentioned in a recent interview that they do plan on touring next year as well and want to hit some places they haven’t been in a while. I think he said too they album is being worked on but they decided to take off for the summer and resume recording in the September at some point. 

So we’ll see what happens. I am sure more rumors will be pick up in the fall. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    devonfz said:

Little late to the post, but Mike McCready confirmed at the last Rockfords show on Record Store Day that they will be touring much more next year.  

Also I feel like Jeff mentioned in a recent interview that they do plan on touring next year as well and want to hit some places they haven’t been in a while. I think he said too they album is being worked on but they decided to take off for the summer and resume recording in the September at some point. 

So we’ll see what happens. I am sure more rumors will be pick up in the fall. 

You're completely right all around.

If you remember the "Election 2020 Tour" which obviously never happened...well...2020+4=2024.

Fall 2020 was supposed to be Pittsburgh, Columbus OR Cleveland, Chicago but not Wrigley, Milwaukee/Minneapolis plus others. I'm sure New York and Philadelphia would have happened.

Combine that with a new album and. My guess is this:

New album in the spring.
    USA tour in the spring.
    Europe in the summer.
    USA in the fall.

Early 2025 sees South America. As much as I want to say Australia/NZ, I think it'll be South America first.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So now I really don't know what's going on, but apparently the DFW Wishlist Party will be banging.

Edit...it's the anniversary party of course!
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    I was thinking the Southern states might get some love in an election year..well hoping 😆 
  • Options
    steinkrodsteinkrod Minneapolis Posts: 13
    MW105723 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    tschav said:

Decided to screengrab each segment of that video (open image in new tab for larger). Where are we at with this list?
    6. Chicago (Jordan statue)
    7. Inglewood (Kia Forum)
    9. Indianapolis/Noblesville (Indy cars)
    11. Fresno (Larry A. Shehadey Tower) 
    12. Dallas (Cowboys hat)
    15. Philly (skyline)
    18. Austin (ACL flag)
    10. Ruoff (noblesville)
    13. Chicago again? Dennis Rodman 
    3. First Ave. - Minneapolis
    Last week The Killers played at First Avenue (July 13th) the day before playing at Target Field (July 14th).  That show was announced 6 days prior.  The Pretenders are playing the 7th Street Entry (small room venue connected to First Ave) in September.   August 30th is currently not booked at First Avenue (PJ playing in St. Paul on August 31st). I have absolutely zero intel to support a PJ show at First Avenue but I'm trying to manifest this into reality.  So there's that.
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 827
    So now I really don't know what's going on, but apparently the DFW Wishlist Party will be banging.
    Curious, what does this mean?  Cover band? Band member appearance?  Cameron drumstick auctioned off?
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Curious, what does this mean?  Cover band? Band member appearance?  Cameron drumstick auctioned off?

It's the anniversary party!

As far as drum sticks, you can buy them. Obviously they're not used by him, but they have machine autographs and they're the same ones he uses at shows...IMO, close enough!
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 827
    vedpunk said:

It's the anniversary party!

As far as drum sticks, you can buy them. Obviously they're not used by him, but they have machine autographs and they're the same ones he uses at shows...IMO, close enough!
    Right on!
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888
    PJNB said:

PJ Cubs day?
    They’re going to be at the game and Ed will sing at the stretch. Hope they can convince Mike to do the anthem. 
    They’re will be a special PJ shirt giveaway too
  • Options
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna98827

Oh, here's a throwback. Made In America 2023 has been canceled. Lizzo was one of the headliners.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984

Oh, here's a throwback. Made In America 2023 has been canceled. Lizzo was one of the headliners.

A source close to the production said, "Ticket sales were not good." How much were tickets? Also Lizzo is so overrated. 

Wish Pearl Jam would release their MIA' 12 show already in CD & 24 Bit Flac-HD. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

A source close to the production said, "Ticket sales were not good." How much were tickets? Also Lizzo is so overrated. 

Wish Pearl Jam would release their MIA' 12 show already in CD & 24 Bit Flac-HD. 

Ticket sales would have been good if theTen Club Tease was true. Sigh.

There's very few shows since May 2000 that haven't been released. I have a feeling there's very good reasons why those haven't been.
    1) Things that haven't been released are cash cows.
    2) Things that could be re-issued are cash cows. *Stares at Benaroya Hall*
  • Options
    Man, would LOVE some October/ November New England Pearl Jam dates.
  • Options

• Options
    Any guesses/intel on shows in Seattle during this tour?
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,291
    Any guesses/intel on shows in Seattle during this tour?
    Does not look good for this year.
  • Options
    Getting tickets is going to be bananas whenever they do play here again. I hope it’s T-Mobile just so I have a chance to go, ha. A week at Climate Pledge would also be cool but somehow that seems unlikely.