Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    It was only 1 show per tour for 10C in the past though also, right?  Maybe that is why it was easier to get tickets.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    DEGBTI said:
    Just seems surprising that they would go on tour these days for 9 shows. 

Home/Away was seven shows.
    seven stadium shows. Average 60K people per show. Nine arenas average what, 12K a night. HUGE difference between the two tours. 
    Deer Creek (Ruoff) is 25K
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,089
    Kevinman said:
    It was only 1 show per tour for 10C in the past though also, right?  Maybe that is why it was easier to get tickets.
    In the original 2020 lottery, I won tickets for 4 shows....LA x2, Nashville, & St Louis. I applied for best available and won reserved for all 4 shows. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Kevinman said:
    In the original 2020 lottery, I won tickets for 4 shows....LA x2, Nashville, & St Louis. I applied for best available and won reserved for all 4 shows. 
    I think it was when the lottery was introduced that you could pick multiple shows............again, I may be wrong, memory is fuzzy.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:
    So it looks like seniority now comes into play just to get tickets, not just seat placement?

if that’s the case, why would they even say the presale is open to folks who became Members by Wednesday? I mean those people will have zero shot, right?

I wish, I'd have a much better chance at securing tickets.  In actuality this is not how it works though, seniority only applies to seating now.
    Seating has only ever applied to seating. The urban legend that seniority was used to determine who got tickets is just that. It's never helped anyone secure tickets, only get good seat location.
    I think you're wrong..........the lottery was not always around.  I don't remember exactly how it was done before then, but pretty sure seniority had something to do with it. 

Pre lottery, there was an official on sale date and whoever could get through could secure tickets. There was no preference given to those w/ seniority. 

They switched to the lottery for 2013 IIRC when the servers kept crashing during the sales. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    Seniority only matters once you have won tickets! For reserved seats seniority does get you the best seats in the house! 
    2003 I got 1st row for both nights the good old days 😁
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:
    So it looks like seniority now comes into play just to get tickets, not just seat placement?

if that’s the case, why would they even say the presale is open to folks who became Members by Wednesday? I mean those people will have zero shot, right?

I wish, I'd have a much better chance at securing tickets.  In actuality this is not how it works though, seniority only applies to seating now.
    Seating has only ever applied to seating. The urban legend that seniority was used to determine who got tickets is just that. It's never helped anyone secure tickets, only get good seat location.
    I think you're wrong..........the lottery was not always around.  I don't remember exactly how it was done before then, but pretty sure seniority had something to do with it. 

Pre lottery, there was an official on sale date and whoever could get through could secure tickets. There was no preference given to those w/ seniority. 

They switched to the lottery for 2013 IIRC when the servers kept crashing during the sales. 
    Correct. In the days of F5 it could easily take the better part of an hour to secure tickets to a single show. Your face would keep getting melted off even with tix in your cart. Finalizing the transaction took peserverance.

That said, I always got tix to every show I wanted with F5.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    95-98 you sent in a card saying what show you wanted with a money order. You only got 1 show. Tickets were mailed to you.
    00 1 show but you picked them
    up before the show. The tickets were put into blocks by member number so you lined up to get the best tickets of that block
    03 more than 1 show still did the blocks
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,062
    Kevinman said:
    Since at least 2018 you can get multiple shows. Maybe even longer, but it wasn't likely to get more than 1 until then. I remember getting shut out completely the first one or 2 times with the lottery.
  • Options
    Kevinman said:
    Guess I was wrong.  It must have just been the increase in membership that made it harder to get tickets, it was never easy but less competition I guess.
    Just higher demand in general I assume. 2000-2009 I had no problem getting tickets through TM when they had the limit of 1 show through the 10c. They wouldn't sell out for days, sometimes not at all on TM. 
    Now the same venues are instant sell outs on the public sale. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,494
    I say this lovingly, but some of y'all are acting like you've never been in this spot before.

The 10c lottery isn't the final say in what you get. There's also the Ticketmaster Verified Fan on-sale, and Fan 2 Fan will be up in mid/late May. Hell, there's THIS board!

I hope everyone gets a seat (or GA) they like! And if not, then between May & Sept, you will have PLENTY of time to unload what you got & try for better :)

(Just keep track of your spending & how much you get back from F2F for next year's taxes ;) )
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    jdopj said:
    95-98 you sent in a card saying what show you wanted with a money order. You only got 1 show. Tickets were mailed to you.
    00 1 show but you picked them
    up before the show. The tickets were put into blocks by member number so you lined up to get the best tickets of that block
    03 more than 1 show still did the blocks
    In 2003 and 2006 I did San Diego and Vegas. I thought I remember doing Vegas with 10C and took one friend, and TM for San Diego and took another. I did the 10c tickets for Vegas because that friend was the bigger fan and I'd usually get better tickets than I would with TM. I don't remember being able to do both shows with 10c.
    Its been 20 years, so my memory could be wrong, but that's what I recall. Maybe you could do more than 1, but it was unlikely to get it?
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    Gvn2fly said:
    arwooten7 said:
    Is the area around the United center in Chicago safe? I’m going solo and staying at the Hyatt house (thoughts?) AND I’m from Memphis so I’m used to a good ole car jacking or road rage shooting but I just don’t want to be murdered before the show 😂😅
    No it is not safe around there.  Obviously they host events all the time such as Bulls games and other concerts in which most people make it around ok but do not get complacent there.  Do not be caught walking around out there, especially alone.  
    Late to the party but have to chime in as this is a bit sensationalist.

The area around the Hyatt House specifically, the West Loop, is as safe as any major city in the US. It is bars, restaurants, condo buildings, and yuppies walking golden doodles. I would certainly recommend it over the most common tourist areas - the Loop around Millennium Park and the Magnificent Mile. That is where there have been issues with large gatherings of teenagers recently. I personally would advise against staying in those areas right now for that reason.

Agree that around the United Center, specifically to the west, is a bad area not somewhere you want to hang out. But if you are walking back on Madison after the show with huge group of people it will be fine. I probably average once a month making that walk and have never felt unsafe. 
  • Options
    JakeN7JakeN7 Posts: 57
    Has anyone else not received the email summary mentioned in the confirmation page?

Email Summary
    For your records, we’ve sent you an email with a summary of your ticket request. If you can’t find the email, please search your inbox for the sender “Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster Company” <tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com>
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    JakeN7 said:
    Has anyone else not received the email summary mentioned in the confirmation page?

Email Summary
    For your records, we’ve sent you an email with a summary of your ticket request. If you can’t find the email, please search your inbox for the sender “Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster Company” <tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com>
    A lot of people had it go to their spam folder. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    Can someone help me find the spot on the site that shows my request went through? I haven't gotten a confirm email and I'm not seeing anything. Thanks
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    check your junk mail, that's where mine went
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

Long way to come so hoping to max my chances :-) Cheers!
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

There is a way to rank the shows you want to select which is important because the further down your rankings you go the odds drop substantially especially with only 9 shows. And yes it is best to pick less popular shows to enhance your chances in the lottery. Key word is lottery there are no guarantees of anything.
    How, specifically does the ranking apply? 
    The short answer is the higher you rank a show that you want tickets for the better your odds of getting tickets for that show. Odds of getting your 3rd or 4th pick drop substantially because you have a lower priority of getting those shows due to more people being in front of you in the lottery process.

Where are you seeing this?
    Mathematics 
    I didn’t think it was a thing, and there’s no connection between the probability of getting tickets at one venue and the next. If you go for more shows, you increase your odds, but getting Minny tickets doesn’t decrease your odds for Chicago tickets, for example. 
  • Options
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:

There is a way to rank the shows you want to select which is important because the further down your rankings you go the odds drop substantially especially with only 9 shows. And yes it is best to pick less popular shows to enhance your chances in the lottery. Key word is lottery there are no guarantees of anything.
    The short answer is the higher you rank a show that you want tickets for the better your odds of getting tickets for that show. Odds of getting your 3rd or 4th pick drop substantially because you have a lower priority of getting those shows due to more people being in front of you in the lottery process.

"Ticket requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority"
    That’s referring to priority of seating vs GA
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    Got it, thank you. It took a while to hit, but it did end up in junk. Now just to figure out how to make the show. These dates/locations are not ideal, but I hope to make one work. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,334
    I’m putting in for the 2 MN and 2 Chicago shows. Any thoughts on how to rank them to maximize the number of shows I am selected for? I’m thinking the following: (1) Chicago 1, (2) MN 2, (3) MN 1, and (4) Chicago 2. I’m assuming I’ll have little to no chance with my third and fourth priorities, but would be happy to get two out of the four. 
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Got it, thank you. It took a while to hit, but it did end up in junk. Now just to figure out how to make the show. These dates/locations are not ideal, but I hope to make one work. 

haha, me too, put in for Ft Worth because I have a friend who lives there. We'll see if I can pull it off
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    steven87 said:
    I’m putting in for the 2 MN and 2 Chicago shows. Any thoughts on how to rank them to maximize the number of shows I am selected for? I’m thinking the following: (1) Chicago 1, (2) MN 2, (3) MN 1, and (4) Chicago 2. I’m assuming I’ll have little to no chance with my third and fourth priorities, but would be happy to get two out of the four. 
    I've been wondering the same thing. I would think MN 2 being the only Saturday show would make it a really tough ticket given its the easiest to travel to. I am not sure which of the 2 Chicago shows will be harder to get. I would have thought 2.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    I put in for both Chicago shows and Indy. I have both Chicago shows as 1 and 2, with Indy as 3. My thought process is that I am fine with getting lawn tickets for Indy, and those should be fairly easy to get even if I have to get them on F2F. 
  • Options
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:

"Ticket requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority"
    I’m also willing to be wrong. 
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys 

You have to order your shows by what priority you want them. When the lottery is conducted all who chose a certain show as first priority are handled first.  If there are tickets still available they then draw randomly from all those who had it as their second choice. And so on and so on. Previous tours have shown that for more popular shows, it is very unlikely tickets get beyond a first or second priority because of the volume of requests vs. number of tickets. It absolutely matters how you prioritize which shows you want. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys 

You have to order your shows by what priority you want them. When the lottery is conducted all who chose a certain show as first priority are handled first.  If there are tickets still available they then draw randomly from all those who had it as their second choice. And so on and so on. Previous tours have shown that for more popular shows, it is very unlikely tickets get beyond a first or second priority because of the volume of requests vs. number of tickets. It absolutely matters how you prioritize which shows you want. 
    Exactly 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,334
    JBob87 said:
    steven87 said:
    I've been wondering the same thing. I would think MN 2 being the only Saturday show would make it a really tough ticket given it’s the easiest to travel to. I am not sure which of the 2 Chicago shows will be harder to get. I would have thought 2.
    I expect MN 2 and both Chicago shows to be a tough ticket. Given the limited number of shows, I’m guessing it’s going to be hard to get anything past priority 2 in the lottery (maybe other than Indy lawn). Fingers crossed we all get at least some of the shows we want in the lottery!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Kevinman said:
    Guess I was wrong.  It must have just been the increase in membership that made it harder to get tickets, it was never easy but less competition I guess.
    Oh, it was easy up to say the 2003 tour.
    Used to just mail in your requests and a money order, in the 90's your tix would be mailed to you, then starting in either 2000 or 2003 you picked them up at will call.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:
    Oh, it was easy up to say the 2003 tour.
    Used to just mail in your requests and a money order, in the 90's your tix would be mailed to you, then starting in either 2000 or 2003 you picked them up at will call.
    Guess, I was wrong again........it used to be easy.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago