Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    Doug87 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Friend of mine re-joined 10c a couple weeks ago and got a number in the 735k range.  Just gives you an idea of how high the numbers are now. 
    Wow.

I can add that I joined in May 2023 and am just shy of 720,000 so they’ve added 15,000 active members (as still within 1st year) in 10-11 months.

• Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 692
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

Long way to come so hoping to max my chances :-) Cheers!
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

Long way to come so hoping to max my chances :-) Cheers!
    There is a way to rank the shows you want to select which is important because the further down your rankings you go the odds drop substantially especially with only 9 shows. And yes it is best to pick less popular shows to enhance your chances in the lottery. Key word is lottery there are no guarantees of anything.
    How, specifically does the ranking apply? 
    The short answer is the higher you rank a show that you want tickets for the better your odds of getting tickets for that show. Odds of getting your 3rd or 4th pick drop substantially because you have a lower priority of getting those shows due to more people being in front of you in the lottery process.

Where are you seeing this?
    Mathematics 
    I didn’t think it was a thing, and there’s no connection between the probability of getting tickets at one venue and the next. If you go for more shows, you increase your odds, but getting Minny tickets doesn’t decrease your odds for Chicago tickets, for example. 
    Oy vey! I hope you read some of the other responses after your post maybe they did a better job of explaining it than I did.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    Hell yeah at least ONE of my favorite bands wants to come to the northeast in September

Wrong thread,  let it go. 
    I have fun. You post fake intel.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    Hell yeah at least ONE of my favorite bands wants to come to the northeast in September

Yup. 

There's a pattern of behavior there. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    pjruss said:
    I see lots of folks asking about the safety around the UC for walking to and from the shows. 

How’s the safety for the people that will be camping out there for a couple nights for GA (we all know this will be the case). 
    Lol. I can't speak for that specific neighborhood. But I've camped out on the sidewalk for Wrigley before. There were security guards and several other fans around, so it was pretty safe. However, some venues are now prohibiting people from lining up before a certain time on the day of the show. So it just depends on how cooperative they plan to be for this event.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

Thought that was him. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, technically September 9th is in the summer. And Ruoff is an amphitheater. 
    Sorry, I'm inebriated again and just like stirring the pot. ;)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, technically September 9th is in the summer. And Ruoff is an amphitheater. 
    No pun intended B)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

No pun intended B)
    Industry contacts hinting at a contact high. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    Doug87 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Friend of mine re-joined 10c a couple weeks ago and got a number in the 735k range.  Just gives you an idea of how high the numbers are now. 
    Wow.

I can add that I joined in May 2023 and am just shy of 720,000 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

Thought that was him. 
    It's been going on for a while. I try to just ignore it since we're all mostly talking shit anyway but if you're gonna bust my stones over a Mars Volta post.....
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

No pun intended B)
    Industry contacts hinting at a contact high. 
    #truestory

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    pjruss said:
    I see lots of folks asking about the safety around the UC for walking to and from the shows. 

How’s the safety for the people that will be camping out there for a couple nights for GA (we all know this will be the case). 
    Lol. I can't speak for that specific neighborhood. But I've camped out on the sidewalk for Wrigley before. There were security guards and several other fans around, so it was pretty safe. However, some venues are now prohibiting people from lining up before a certain time on the day of the show. So it just depends on how cooperative they plan to be for this event.
    Not to quibble, but Wrigley and United are two completely different neighborhoods. I haven't been to United Center in a while, but from my recollection, you would be ok in the stadium area, but I wouldn't recommend wandering the neighborhood. 
  • Options
    lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    edited April 2023

Post edited by lahren on
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    PinoyPJ said:
    any suggestions on where to stay in Austin? and which bbq spot to hit???
    What's your budget for a place to stay. As far as BBQ. Terry Blacks or La BBQ if you want to stay in town. Blacks if you have 4 hours to spare and want to drive down the 40 minute drive to Lockhart, get the meat sweats and do some Texas antique shopping while you're at it.
  • Options
    Member since 2006, number 365XXX. Probably a shot at semi decent seats. Got pretty good for the last one in 2014, section 117 at Xcel.
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    Get_Right said:
    PinoyPJ said:
    any suggestions on where to stay in Austin? and which bbq spot to hit???

Get an AirBNB. Valentinas for breakfast tacos. Popular BBQ is Terry Blacks. Honestly most spots are good. The wait at Franklins is worth it but it kills the day.
    I second Valentina's. They handmake their tortillas as well. It's definitely where BBQ meets texmex..their queso is amazing!!!!
  • Options
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:

Not to quibble, but Wrigley and United are two completely different neighborhoods. I haven't been to United Center in a while, but from my recollection, you would be ok in the stadium area, but I wouldn't recommend wandering the neighborhood. 
    Quibble away. I've been to both UC and Wrigley many times. But I live 8 hours away, so I'm certainly no expert on the Chicago area. I was merely sharing my experience because someone else had previously mentioned that the Wrigley area is now more dangerous than the UC area. Also wanted to mention that the venue may provide security if they anticipate a crowd will be camping out
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:

Quibble away. I've been to both UC and Wrigley many times. But I live 8 hours away, so I'm certainly no expert on the Chicago area. I was merely sharing my experience because someone else had previously mentioned that the Wrigley area is now more dangerous than the UC area. Also wanted to mention that the venue may provide security if they anticipate a crowd will be camping out
    I apologize if my post came off as argumentative, not my intent. Share away and Rock on!! 
  • Options
    wsimon74 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:

I apologize if my post came off as argumentative, not my intent. Share away and Rock on!! 
    Oh, no, no! Not at all. I apologize for making it seem as if I took it that way. I meant that I really don't know what I'm talking about, so feel free to educate me. lol
    I have a weird sense of humor, and I often forget that it doesn't really come across in text. ;)
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,580
    JakeN7 said:
    Has anyone else not received the email summary mentioned in the confirmation page?

Email Summary
    For your records, we’ve sent you an email with a summary of your ticket request. If you can’t find the email, please search your inbox for the sender “Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster Company” <tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com>
    If you didn't get an email, you can always re-request. No harm, no foul.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    I’m sure this has been discussed, but I let this thread breathe after the announcement. 

Who posted the inhaler pic days before? It didn’t even click in my head until an hour or two after the announcement 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    pjpitt89 said:
    I’m sure this has been discussed, but I let this thread breathe after the announcement. 

Who posted the inhaler pic days before? It didn’t even click in my head until an hour or two after the announcement 
    I think Santos did. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    pjpitt89 said:

I thought FaceMeltor was just requesting Just Breathe to all they shows they were going to... 
  • Options
    Gibson said:
    JakeN7 said:
    Has anyone else not received the email summary mentioned in the confirmation page?

Email Summary
    For your records, we’ve sent you an email with a summary of your ticket request. If you can’t find the email, please search your inbox for the sender “Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster Company” <tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com>
    I found mine in my spam box. So if you re request, it may still end up there. Check your spam emails first.
  • Options
    CFO93CFO93 Posts: 158
    lahren said:
    Gibson said:
    JakeN7 said:

Email Summary
    I found mine in my spam box. So if you re request, it may still end up there. Check your spam emails first.
    Same - and was about to cancel and submit a new request but checked spam folder and the confirmation email was sitting there. 
  • Options
    Are cowboy hats acceptable for the Texas shows? 
  • Options
    marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 807
    No!
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 752
    Having lived in Texas for almost 32 years now there are plenty of people that regularly wear cowboy hats. I don't think very many of them are part of the Pearl Jam fan base though.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)