Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    So it looks like seniority now comes into play just to get tickets, not just seat placement?

if that’s the case, why would they even say the presale is open to folks who became Members by Wednesday? I mean those people will have zero shot, right?

No 

It is just seat placement. 
  • Options
    Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 183
    PJNB said:
    So it looks like seniority now comes into play just to get tickets, not just seat placement?

if that’s the case, why would they even say the presale is open to folks who became Members by Wednesday? I mean those people will have zero shot, right?

No 

It is just seat placement. 
    Ok thanks. I must  have read it wrong. Thanks 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,334
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m debating between putting St. Paul 2 or Chicago 2 as my first preference. I’d like to try to maximize my chances of scoring GA for at least one show, and I’m thinking the chances of GA at St. Paul are going to be higher than Chicago since (1) the pit looks larger and (2) I’m assuming the Chicago shows will be in higher demand (although St. Paul is on a Saturday night, so who knows). What do you think the chances are of me scoring Chicago 2 as my second pick if I select GA/Reserved and also Side/Rear? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 
    I think both tickets will be tough but putting St Paul as your first pick is definitely the best bet for getting in GA. Choosing Chicago night 2 with all options as a second pick has a small chance of at least getting you side/rear seats 
    Thanks! Ah how I miss the good ole days when they used to have the ticket odds tool!
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    JojoRice said:
    MM70435 said:
    JojoRice said:
    MM70435 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Does anyone think they'll have different posters for each night in a given city, or will they have posters with multiple dates like they did for the stadium shows?
    They'll have different posters for each show. 
    What about the show specific t-shirts?
    Yes, they'll have those too. 
    A different shirt for each night or just one shirt for each city to cover both shows?
    They'll have a different shirt for each night. 
    Thanks Jojo.  Man you were up late and and now getting up early.  Glad they have the shirts for each night.  Posters are cool but I think I like the shirts even better.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,465
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    Does anyone think they'll have different posters for each night in a given city, or will they have posters with multiple dates like they did for the stadium shows?
    They'll have different posters for each show. 
    Being a first timer to a concert, will the posters be readily available and easily obtainable at the show, do you order online, how does this work? Thank you.
    They'll be an outside merch truck the day of the show that usually opens around 1:00 but people will start lining up early in the morning. As far as inside the arena, you'll want to go in as soon as doors open in order to get one. There's only a limited supply and the merch stands will sell out of them. A limited number will also be available online after the tour. 
    A line for posters can be a multiple hour affair. If you are really interested in the city, you might be better off spending time doing sight seeing. In Nashville, my son had no desire to wait in the line. He wanted to see all of the music history spots. We showed up about an hour early before doors opened to an arena entrance. Merch stand was immediately inside the doors. I scored a poster easily. Same deal in St. Louis.

I had a similar deal in Charlotte 2013, but missed the posters on the inside. That one went quick! Had to snag it on the open market a couple months later.

Check the poster out day of online and then make a choice based on how bad you want it.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m a little confused that the site lets you choose both (a) GA Pit or reserved; and also (b) reserved. If you select the former, shouldn’t that also cover the latter (as per the 10c instructions)? What does everyone think about this?
    It's to allow people to select if they want GA Pit or not.

There is no just GA Pit option so if you want GA Pit, you select GA Pit or Reserved,

If you only want Reserved, select only Reserved.

If you want to be double sure and are good with GA and/or Reserved, select both  =)
    It’s the last part of this that confuses me. I’m looking to maximize my chances of getting in the building and would be happy with either GA or Reserved. So I’m assuming I should just choose the former option (“GA or Reserved”). My understanding from the 10c instructions is that if you select that option and you’re aren’t selected for GA, you are then automatically entered into the lottery for Reserved. What confuses me is that if I select “GA or Reserved,” the site still also lets me choose the latter option (“Reserved”). To further complicate matters, the site says, “Select all options below for Best Available. Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” So does that mean to maximize my chances, I need to select both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” or is just selecting the former sufficient because it appears to also cover the latter? I emailed 10c support about this and will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, sea or santos, do you have any guidance to offer on this? TIA!
    questions about tickets should go to tickets@pearljam.com

Response I got:

We encourage you to select both options as it will increase your chances of getting in the building. Good luck!

Thank you,

Ten Club

Thanks! This is very helpful!
    Sorry but it makes zero sense that choosing both of those helps you get in the building more than just choosing the ga/reserved option. 

The only way selecting both makes the odds better for you is if it somehow puts you in the reserved draw twice which would be ridiculous. 

It's possible that's it? If they draw the GA first then whomever is left over from GA/Res pool gets combined with Res Only for the reserved draw. If you whiff on GA you have two ping pong balls for reserved.
    That’s a broken system if that’s how it works 
    Remember Ticketmaster is running things. Broken systems are their specialty.
    Post edited by Sea on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,183
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m debating between putting St. Paul 2 or Chicago 2 as my first preference. I’d like to try to maximize my chances of scoring GA for at least one show, and I’m thinking the chances of GA at St. Paul are going to be higher than Chicago since (1) the pit looks larger and (2) I’m assuming the Chicago shows will be in higher demand (although St. Paul is on a Saturday night, so who knows). What do you think the chances are of me scoring Chicago 2 as my second pick if I select GA/Reserved and also Side/Rear? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 
    I think both tickets will be tough but putting St Paul as your first pick is definitely the best bet for getting in GA. Choosing Chicago night 2 with all options as a second pick has a small chance of at least getting you side/rear seats 
    Thanks! Ah how I miss the good ole days when they used to have the ticket odds tool!
    Yes, I miss the odds.  Was nice to have an idea.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Anyone have an expectation as to how far back seats will actually go? Specifically thinking of the 300 level at the United Center in particular.

I read the note below as will go farther back than normal, but then also include the best seats in the house so as to not spook anyone lol.

curious to see if what others are expecting the range of Ten Club tickets to be based on the maps and announcement wording.

From Announcement

Reserved - Seating:
    Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back and include seats down on the arena floor. In order to accommodate as many Ten Club members as we can, be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread farther back into the uppermost levels, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. 
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,083
    edited April 2023
    PJ, playing shows in the fall

10c forum:

1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,502
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    They had odds the first time they ran the sale through TM but in that instance a bunch of shows said 99% and yet tons of people were shut out.  So rather than fixing the error in the odds system, they scrapped it.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905

I wish, I'd have a much better chance at securing tickets.  In actuality this is not how it works though, seniority only applies to seating now.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    Doug87 said:
    Anyone have an expectation as to how far back seats will actually go? Specifically thinking of the 300 level at the United Center in particular.

I read the note below as will go farther back than normal, but then also include the best seats in the house so as to not spook anyone lol.

curious to see if what others are expecting the range of Ten Club tickets to be based on the maps and announcement wording.

From Announcement

Reserved - Seating:
    Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back and include seats down on the arena floor. In order to accommodate as many Ten Club members as we can, be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread farther back into the uppermost levels, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. 
    "Farther back to the uppermost levels" says to me upper balcony if you joined a week ago 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Kevinman said:

I wish, I'd have a much better chance at securing tickets.  In actuality this is not how it works though, seniority only applies to seating now.
    Seating has only ever applied to seating. The urban legend that seniority was used to determine who got tickets is just that. It's never helped anyone secure tickets, only get good seat location.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Doug87 said:

From Announcement

Reserved - Seating:
    "Farther back to the uppermost levels" says to me upper balcony if you joined a week ago 
    That’s helpful, yeah I re-joined like a year ago so not much better.

Hoping to secure tickets for Chicago Night 1 and hoping for anywhere in lower level or club (middle balcony) (excluding rear/side). 

With demand where it’ll likely be though, even scoring upper level is likely worthwhile.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,062
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    If I remember right, it didn't seem very accurate when they had it. 
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 688
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

Long way to come so hoping to max my chances :-) Cheers!
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

There is a way to rank the shows you want to select which is important because the further down your rankings you go the odds drop substantially especially with only 9 shows. And yes it is best to pick less popular shows to enhance your chances in the lottery. Key word is lottery there are no guarantees of anything.
    How, specifically does the ranking apply? 
    The short answer is the higher you rank a show that you want tickets for the better your odds of getting tickets for that show. Odds of getting your 3rd or 4th pick drop substantially because you have a lower priority of getting those shows due to more people being in front of you in the lottery process.

Where are you seeing this?
    Mathematics 
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    Does anybody remember what the Ticketmaster map looked like for the Ten Club for the shows last year as in was entire arena except behind stage highlighted or just select portions?

As example, was the section in the yellow box all highlighted for the 2022 tour?

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Even the regular news sees the challenge with this tour via the headline and article itself

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/pearl-jam-tour-chicago-united-center-2023-tickets/3123562/?amp=1

Pearl Jam Announces 2023 Tour Stopping Only in 5 Cities

The limited U.S. tour has two Chicago dates

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:

There is a way to rank the shows you want to select which is important because the further down your rankings you go the odds drop substantially especially with only 9 shows. And yes it is best to pick less popular shows to enhance your chances in the lottery. Key word is lottery there are no guarantees of anything.
    How, specifically does the ranking apply? 
    The short answer is the higher you rank a show that you want tickets for the better your odds of getting tickets for that show. Odds of getting your 3rd or 4th pick drop substantially because you have a lower priority of getting those shows due to more people being in front of you in the lottery process.

Where are you seeing this?
    "Ticket requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    So it really doesn’t matter how you prioritize your seating preference! I chose GA/Reserved & Reserved I’d prefer reserved but since GA will be drawn 1st and left over folks getting put into Reserved pool it really doesn’t matter if I would of put Reserved 1st no? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

Seating has only ever applied to seating. The urban legend that seniority was used to determine who got tickets is just that. It's never helped anyone secure tickets, only get good seat location.
    I think you're wrong..........the lottery was not always around.  I don't remember exactly how it was done before then, but pretty sure seniority had something to do with it. 

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,294
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

I think you're wrong..........the lottery was not always around.  I don't remember exactly how it was done before then, but pretty sure seniority had something to do with it. 
    No. Seniority always applied to seat location once you secured tickets, nothing to do with securing tickets.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

Seniority never mattered for securing tickets.  It only matter for seat location.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

I was a member previously in 2006 and can confirm that it was entirely seniority based because a lottery was not necessary. They were able to accommodate all requests and used to have a little ticket that you clicked to get tickets and then it would be gone when supply was exhausted (most people had no issue).

Once Ten Club grew to the point where newer members routinely got shut out, that’s when I think the lottery came in to make it more accessible for newer members.

I can remember the ticket icon almost looked like a golden ticket from Willy Wonka lol in those days (2006).
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,294
    Doug87 said:
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

I was a member previously in 2006 and can confirm that it was entirely seniority based because a lottery was not necessary. They were able to accommodate all requests and used to have a little ticket that you clicked to get tickets and then it would be gone when supply was exhausted (most people had no issue).

Once Ten Club grew to the point where newer members routinely got shut out, that’s when I think the lottery came in to make it more accessible for newer members.

I can remember the ticket icon almost looked like a golden ticket from Willy Wonka lol in those days (2006).
    That ticket icon was the F5 days and had absolutely nothing to do with seniority.
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

Yeah, member since 98 and this sounds familiar, been through a few changes so I can't remember everything but I do remember being shut out on a Chicago show when it first went to lottery, that sucked, it was the first time that happened.  

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Doug87 said:
    Kevinman said:
    Poncier said:
    Kevinman said:

That ticket icon was the F5 days and had absolutely nothing to do with seniority.
    Sorry, yes, to clarify I meant that once you got your ticket, it was seniority based and getting the ticket, at least from what I remember wasn’t overly challenging outside of things like the Vic show.

was not a request essentially.

either had tickets or didn’t.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    Here's how it works:

If you don't want GA, put in for reserved.
    If you want GA, put in for GA/reserved, but keep in mind you could get reserved.

Here's what I'm thinking:
    If you put in for both, you could get both, but it seems you're probably going to get seats since you requested seats.
    What do you mean you could get both?  If interested in GA  but want best chance of landing tickets regardless, you put in for GA/Reserved  and Reserved.  Essentially, you're selecting best available with best chance of landing tickets even if not chosen for GA.  At least that's what it says when on the page to check the boxes. 
    You can’t get both. You only get 2 tickets per show 
  • Options
    Guess I was wrong.  It must have just been the increase in membership that made it harder to get tickets, it was never easy but less competition I guess.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago