edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m a little confused that the site lets you choose both (a) GA Pit or reserved; and also (b) reserved. If you select the former, shouldn’t that also cover the latter (as per the 10c instructions)? What does everyone think about this?
    It's to allow people to select if they want GA Pit or not.

There is no just GA Pit option so if you want GA Pit, you select GA Pit or Reserved,

If you only want Reserved, select only Reserved.

If you want to be double sure and are good with GA and/or Reserved, select both  =)
    It’s the last part of this that confuses me. I’m looking to maximize my chances of getting in the building and would be happy with either GA or Reserved. So I’m assuming I should just choose the former option (“GA or Reserved”). My understanding from the 10c instructions is that if you select that option and you’re aren’t selected for GA, you are then automatically entered into the lottery for Reserved. What confuses me is that if I select “GA or Reserved,” the site still also lets me choose the latter option (“Reserved”). To further complicate matters, the site says, “Select all options below for Best Available. Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” So does that mean to maximize my chances, I need to select both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” or is just selecting the former sufficient because it appears to also cover the latter? I emailed 10c support about this and will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, sea or santos, do you have any guidance to offer on this? TIA!
    questions about tickets should go to tickets@pearljam.com

Response I got:

We encourage you to select both options as it will increase your chances of getting in the building. Good luck!

Thank you,

Ten Club

Thanks! This is very helpful!
    Sorry but it makes zero sense that choosing both of those helps you get in the building more than just choosing the ga/reserved option. 

The only way selecting both makes the odds better for you is if it somehow puts you in the reserved draw twice which would be ridiculous. 

It's possible that's it? If they draw the GA first then whomever is left over from GA/Res pool gets combined with Res Only for the reserved draw. If you whiff on GA you have two ping pong balls for reserved.
    That’s the question. Do the GA loser get thrown in the mix with the reserved, or do they claw and fight for the scraps left over after the Res only folks are picked. Past tours have been more like the latter, when you picked GA first choice, reserved second. 
    That's interesting - definitely another way to do it. But given what we can control it's another plus for "check both boxes."
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,265
    Hail Hail to the lucky ones I refer to those who put in for Austin 2 nights 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m a little confused that the site lets you choose both (a) GA Pit or reserved; and also (b) reserved. If you select the former, shouldn’t that also cover the latter (as per the 10c instructions)? What does everyone think about this?

There is no just GA Pit option so if you want GA Pit, you select GA Pit or Reserved,

If you want to be double sure and are good with GA and/or Reserved, select both  =)
    It’s the last part of this that confuses me. I’m looking to maximize my chances of getting in the building and would be happy with either GA or Reserved. So I’m assuming I should just choose the former option (“GA or Reserved”). My understanding from the 10c instructions is that if you select that option and you’re aren’t selected for GA, you are then automatically entered into the lottery for Reserved. What confuses me is that if I select “GA or Reserved,” the site still also lets me choose the latter option (“Reserved”). To further complicate matters, the site says, “Select all options below for Best Available. Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” So does that mean to maximize my chances, I need to select both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” or is just selecting the former sufficient because it appears to also cover the latter? I emailed 10c support about this and will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, sea or santos, do you have any guidance to offer on this? TIA!

Response I got:

We encourage you to select both options as it will increase your chances of getting in the building. Good luck!

Thank you,

Ten Club

Sorry but it makes zero sense that choosing both of those helps you get in the building more than just choosing the ga/reserved option. 

The only way selecting both makes the odds better for you is if it somehow puts you in the reserved draw twice which would be ridiculous. 

It's possible that's it? If they draw the GA first then whomever is left over from GA/Res pool gets combined with Res Only for the reserved draw. If you whiff on GA you have two ping pong balls for reserved.
    That is it, actually.

They said in announcement that GA will be drawn first and then reserved will be drawn afterwards.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,332
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

That’s the question. Do the GA loser get thrown in the mix with the reserved, or do they claw and fight for the scraps left over after the Res only folks are picked. Past tours have been more like the latter, when you picked GA first choice, reserved second. 
    That's interesting - definitely another way to do it. But given what we can control it's another plus for "check both boxes."
    That is, unless, checking the “Reserved” box in addition to the “GA or Reserved” box has the inadvertent effect of disqualifying your GA entry. I certainly hope that’s not the case, but who knows how the ticketing system will view a request checking both boxes. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,265
    edited April 2023

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,596
    CO278952 said:

No doubt, I made it all the way to advanced mathematics for electronic circuits in college, but it never prepared me for this!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Uhmm I tend to think they are drawing for both options at the same time! Otherwise the reserved odds of getting tickets gets tougher no? Why should folks who chose reserved as their 1st option have to wait for GA to be done and have all the people who didn’t get GA fill up the Reserved pool the odds would have to go down of actually getting a ticket? I’m just not sure about this process 
    Post edited by Sea on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I canceled my first request which was just the GA/reserved option and went back and selected all 3 for Indy. Figured need to do whatever gives me the best odds. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    I canceled my first request which was just the GA/reserved option and went back and selected all 3 for Indy. Figured need to do whatever gives me the best odds. 
    Think I’m going to do the same thing. I emailed 10c though and am going to wait for them to respond first. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Alright everybody here’s the definitive answer in bold

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.  

GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating:
    GA Pit tickets are standing room only and are extremely limited. To improve your overall chances of getting any tickets to the show, we are no longer offering a GA only ticket option. Members wanting GA tickets can select “GA or Reserved” and the GA tickets will be assigned at random. If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved. GA ticket holders will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door. 

My addition to my post below

So if you’re not willing or able to possibly stand, limit your chances by selecting Reserved Only, as GA will be selected first.

Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,533
    pjl44 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Can only go to Chicago on 9/7 or Indy (Noblesville)? Seen them in both venues before, so that's not a factor. Really struggling with the choice. Any thoughts?
    Do both!
    I want to. Like, really really want to. But marriage and kids kills the multi-day PJ road trips I took as a youngin'  
    In hindsight I was pretty lucky to have my single days coincide with $40 tickets and 50 city tours
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/duZc0Mo-bm8
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    steven87 said:
    KC138045 said:
    Think I’m going to do the same thing. I emailed 10c though and am going to wait for them to respond first. 
    If good with lawn, then yes.

if wouldn’t be good with lawn, then just select the two (GA/Reserved and Reserved).

have been to Noblesville and would recommend lawn, especially since doubtful that there will be many pavilion tickets for Verified Fan (may end up in same spot with lawn either way)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Uhmm I tend to think they are drawing for both options at the same time! Otherwise the reserved odds of getting tickets gets tougher no? Why should folks who chose reserved as their 1st option have to wait for GA to be done and have all the people who didn’t get GA fill up the Reserved pool the odds would have to go down of actually getting a ticket? I’m just not sure about this process 
    That’s def how it works though. Types of seating are no longer prioritized just shows themselves.  

Plenty of people that put GA and reserved as their choice won reserved over those that only put reserved.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    Alright requested 4 shows on my 3rd and final try. All set. Hope for the best 🤞
  • Options
    Doug87 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.  

GA Pit tickets are standing room only and are extremely limited. To improve your overall chances of getting any tickets to the show, we are no longer offering a GA only ticket option. Members wanting GA tickets can select “GA or Reserved” and the GA tickets will be assigned at random. If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved. GA ticket holders will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door. 

So if you’re not willing or able to possibly stand, limit your chances by selecting Reserved Only, as GA will be selected first.

The instructions (particularly the bolded part) seemed very clear to me until I got to the ticket request page and saw this- “Select all options below for Best Available.  GA Pit inventory is extremely limited.  Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets." 

In the end though, I’m thinking selecting just “GA or Reserved” or both “GA or Reserved” and “Reserved” will have the same effect (at least I hope). 
  • Options
    I did both options 
  • Options
    Kiwi JammerKiwi Jammer Posts: 106
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

Long way to come so hoping to max my chances :-) Cheers!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,437
    Doug87 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

Well there you go. I read that but apparently It didn't sink in.
  • Options
    FacemeltorFacemeltor Posts: 67
    edited September 2023
    Post edited by Facemeltor on
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 297
    edited April 2023
    This is the question I asked at tickets@pearljam.com: Hello,

For GA/ Reserved, if I strike out on GA and get Reserved would it put me further back with my membership number than if I just chose Reserved? Thanks for all you do! 

This the response I got:

No, reserved tickets are all in one big pot based on seniority. We encourage you to select both options as it will increase your chances of getting in the building. Good luck!

Thank you,

Ten Club

I cancelled my Reserved request and did as they said. I put in for St. Paul, night 2. Hope this helps

Post edited by RansomPTD on
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

The instructions (particularly the bolded part) seemed very clear to me until I got to the ticket request page and saw this- “Select all options below for Best Available.  GA Pit inventory is extremely limited.  Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets." 

In the end though, I’m thinking selecting just “GA or Reserved” or both “GA or Reserved” and “Reserved” will have the same effect (at least I hope). 
    Except that you could win GA if you select GA/Reserved and can’t if you only select Reserved.

otherwise yes
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

Yes, I would agree that it should have the same effect for what you described.
  • Options
    RansomPTD said:
    This is the question I asked at tickets@pearljam.com: Hello,

For GA/ Reserved, if I strike out on GA and get Reserved would it put me further back with my membership number than if I just chose Reserved? Thanks for all you do! 

This the response I got:

No, reserved tickets are all in one big pot based on seniority. We encourage you to select both options as it will increase your chances of getting in the building. Good luck!

Thank you,

Ten Club

I cancelled my Reserved request and did as they said. I put in for St. Paul, night 2. Hope this helps

Thanks for sharing,  that helps 👍
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    In for minn 2!  Let’s go!! Long road to open.  Pretty please? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    What's the vibe on these being the only shows of the year?
    I’d be very surprised if there were any more this year. Seems like this is an “off” year, with these shows in to keep their muscle memory intact and keep food on the table for the crew. Next year we probably get a record and something closer to 2022, is my guess.

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

if that's the case then what's the point? If you pick GA first and don't get it you should go to the back of the bus. So why even change it?
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    For past shows, does anybody know if it was the whole arena like it’s showing on the chart in the Ten Club requests?

Hopefully, there’s some sort of consideration to seating if someone is putting in for 5-9 shows vs someone putting in for 1-3 vs seniority only no matter how many shows requested and fulfilled.

Less of a factor previously but if truly expanding to most if not all of the venue, then maybe a challenge.

could also just be to indicate that you could be seated anywhere stage facing, but not reflective of the actual majority of the pool.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    Here's how it works:

If you don't want GA, put in for reserved.
    If you want GA, put in for GA/reserved, but keep in mind you could get reserved.

Here's what I'm thinking:
    If you put in for both, you could get both, but it seems you're probably going to get seats since you requested seats.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    Can’t make any of these dates work. Hope there’s a second “leg”.

Have fun folks!

Leg 1 was last year west coast.
    Leg 2 was Europe.
    Leg 3 was 2022 post-Europe.
    Leg 4 is 2023.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,672
    Based on recent touring trends, this could easily be the last Indianapolis show ever…
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore