Comments

• biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    Maybe more EV dates after Ohana?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    edited April 2023
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m a little confused that the site lets you choose both (a) GA Pit or reserved; and also (b) reserved. If you select the former, shouldn’t that also cover the latter (as per the 10c instructions)? What does everyone think about this?
    It's to allow people to select if they want GA Pit or not.

There is no just GA Pit option so if you want GA Pit, you select GA Pit or Reserved,

If you only want Reserved, select only Reserved.

If you want to be double sure and are good with GA and/or Reserved, select both  =)
    It’s the last part of this that confuses me. I’m looking to maximize my chances of getting in the building and would be happy with either GA or Reserved. So I’m assuming I should just choose the former option (“GA or Reserved”). My understanding from the 10c instructions is that if you select that option and you’re aren’t selected for GA, you are then automatically entered into the lottery for Reserved. What confuses me is that if I select “GA or Reserved,” the site still also lets me choose the latter option (“Reserved”). To further complicate matters, the site says, “Select all options below for Best Available. Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” So does that mean to maximize my chances, I need to select both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” or is just selecting the former sufficient because it appears to also cover the latter? I emailed 10c support about this and will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, sea or santos, do you have any guidance to offer on this? TIA!
    questions about tickets should go to tickets@pearljam.com

Response I got:

We encourage you to select both options as it will increase your chances of getting in the building. Good luck!

Thank you,

Ten Club

Post edited by Sea on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    Odds tracker link?
  • ChoskaChoska Posts: 123
    Choska said:
    Brisk. said:
    JimmyV said:
    On one hand, the Seattle thing is weird. On the other, we had an awful crowd experience at Settle II in 2018. I do feel like it has to be more than just crowds though. I believe it was one of the 2000 shows when Ed went on a pretty good rant about the respect music doesn't get from authorities there. 
    They don't like playing there because it’s too much effort, too many people asking for free tickets etc.
    Who asks for free tickets? I know some of their personal assistants. I’d never hit them up for free tickets. 

People around here, including the local authorities, bend over backwards for the local musicians. The local politicians just declared it Mudhoney day in King County. When they play in their side projects those shows sell out. The suits that renovated the coliseum wanted to have PJ for a week long stand to open the arena. Instead we got fucking Coldplay. 

They’ve turned their back on the friends and neighbors in Seattle. It’s weird and it’s sad. 
    Pearl Jam is a Chicago band. ;)
    Apparently so. I’ve seen them more often in the past 15 years in Chicago than Seattle. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Odds tracker link?
    there isn't one anymore.
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:
    I’m a little confused that the site lets you choose both (a) GA Pit or reserved; and also (b) reserved. If you select the former, shouldn’t that also cover the latter (as per the 10c instructions)? What does everyone think about this?

There is no just GA Pit option so if you want GA Pit, you select GA Pit or Reserved,

If you want to be double sure and are good with GA and/or Reserved, select both  =)
    It’s the last part of this that confuses me. I’m looking to maximize my chances of getting in the building and would be happy with either GA or Reserved. So I’m assuming I should just choose the former option (“GA or Reserved”). My understanding from the 10c instructions is that if you select that option and you’re aren’t selected for GA, you are then automatically entered into the lottery for Reserved. What confuses me is that if I select “GA or Reserved,” the site still also lets me choose the latter option (“Reserved”). To further complicate matters, the site says, “Select all options below for Best Available. Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” So does that mean to maximize my chances, I need to select both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” or is just selecting the former sufficient because it appears to also cover the latter? I emailed 10c support about this and will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, sea or santos, do you have any guidance to offer on this? TIA!

Response I got:

We encourage you to select both options as it will increase your chances of getting in the building. Good luck!

Thank you,

Ten Club

I’d do it just to cover my basis.

that’s what I did at least.

who knows how these things will actually work in execution.

I think selecting anything you’d be satisfied (anything you’d accept) with is the best guidance.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 383
    I have been to chicago already and loved it but between that or Minnesota for trying to attend one show.  Is Minnesota worth visiting? Heard pretty positive things about St. Paul
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    Curious what the prices are like for this "tour"
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,389
    Can’t make any of these dates work. Hope there’s a second “leg”.

Have fun folks!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 78
    Is the area around the United center in Chicago safe? I’m going solo and staying at the Hyatt house (thoughts?) AND I’m from Memphis so I’m used to a good ole car jacking or road rage shooting but I just don’t want to be murdered before the show 😂😅
  • bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 163
    arwooten7 said:
    Is the area around the United center in Chicago safe? I’m going solo and staying at the Hyatt house (thoughts?) AND I’m from Memphis so I’m used to a good ole car jacking or road rage shooting but I just don’t want to be murdered before the show 😂😅
    This was my concern with the Chicago show..i dont know enough about the city or area to know the answer... plus its 45 minutes farther than st paul from my location.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Is the rule about only being able to receive tickets to 1 night of a 2 night stand via the lottery a thing? I am trying to figure out if I should list both chicago shows as 1 and 2 and then noblesville as 3. I am going to try to get to all 3, but if I wouldn't be eligible to be chosen for both chicago shows because of the rule, I will pick a chicago show first, Noblesville second and the the other Chicago show third, if that makes sense.
    Never heard of this rule and I see no mention of it anywhere.

"Members can request up to 2 Ten Club tickets for all 9 shows.  There is no limit on the number of shows you can be selected for. Ten Club has secured the majority of tickets for our members, so if you request tickets for all 9 shows it’s possible that you can be selected and automatically charged for all 9 shows. Do not enter for any shows you are not prepared to pay for."
    "Ten Club has secured the majority of tickets for our members . . ."

Wow, it sounds like a lot of people will get in through this lottery. That's awesome.
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
    arwooten7 said:
    No it is not safe around there.  Obviously they host events all the time such as Bulls games and other concerts in which most people make it around ok but do not get complacent there.  Do not be caught walking around out there, especially alone.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    edited April 2023
    Look at it this way: Nothing would really bond the Jamily like banding together to battle a flash mob after the show
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    arwooten7 said:
    Obviously, people will have different points of view on this. I never felt unsafe traveling (often walking) from Ukrainian Village (north of arena) and from the West Loop (east of the stadium) to shows and games.
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
    edited April 2023
    Oh and please 10C remember that floor seats are NOT good seats when determining seniority seating. Thanks!
  • arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 78
    pjl44 said:
    Look at it this way: Nothing would really bond the Jamily like banding together to battle a flash mob after the show
    😂😂 you’re right! A bunch of PJ nerds teaming up while awkwardly quoting random song lyrics. It actually sounds kinda fun
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    edited April 2023
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Thanks! This is very helpful!
    Post edited by Sea on
    arwooten7 said:
    pjl44 said:
    😂😂 you’re right! A bunch of PJ nerds teaming up while awkwardly quoting random song lyrics. It actually sounds kinda fun
    Iiiiiiiiiiiits myyyyyy blooooooooood

No man seriously I'm really bleeding 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    edited April 2023
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Sorry but it makes zero sense that choosing both of those helps you get in the building more than just choosing the ga/reserved option. 

The only way selecting both makes the odds better for you is if it somehow puts you in the reserved draw twice which would be ridiculous. 

Post edited by Sea on
    Shout out to whomever decided 4/20 was the right day to drop a multilayered ticketing process on the Pearl Jam fan base.

Folks, it's open all weekend. Take a crack at it tomorrow.
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

It’s the last part of this that confuses me. I’m looking to maximize my chances of getting in the building and would be happy with either GA or Reserved. So I’m assuming I should just choose the former option (“GA or Reserved”). My understanding from the 10c instructions is that if you select that option and you’re aren’t selected for GA, you are then automatically entered into the lottery for Reserved. What confuses me is that if I select “GA or Reserved,” the site still also lets me choose the latter option (“Reserved”). To further complicate matters, the site says, “Select all options below for Best Available. Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” So does that mean to maximize my chances, I need to select both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” or is just selecting the former sufficient because it appears to also cover the latter? I emailed 10c support about this and will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, @sea or @santos, do you have any guidance to offer on this? TIA!

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Sorry but it makes zero sense that choosing both of those helps you get in the building more than just choosing the ga/reserved option. 

The only way selecting both makes the odds better for you is if it somehow puts you in the reserved draw twice which would be ridiculous. 

It's possible that's it? If they draw the GA first then whomever is left over from GA/Res pool gets combined with Res Only for the reserved draw. If you whiff on GA you have two ping pong balls for reserved.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

It’s the last part of this that confuses me. I’m looking to maximize my chances of getting in the building and would be happy with either GA or Reserved. So I’m assuming I should just choose the former option (“GA or Reserved”). My understanding from the 10c instructions is that if you select that option and you’re aren’t selected for GA, you are then automatically entered into the lottery for Reserved. What confuses me is that if I select “GA or Reserved,” the site still also lets me choose the latter option (“Reserved”). To further complicate matters, the site says, “Select all options below for Best Available. Selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” So does that mean to maximize my chances, I need to select both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” or is just selecting the former sufficient because it appears to also cover the latter? I emailed 10c support about this and will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, @sea or @santos, do you have any guidance to offer on this? TIA!

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

It's possible that's it? If they draw the GA first then whomever is left over from GA/Res pool gets combined with Res Only for the reserved draw. If you whiff on GA you have two ping pong balls for reserved.
    That’s a broken system if that’s how it works 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Yes, that would be pretty unfair for people who only want reserved.
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Yeah you’re right that doesn’t make any sense at all. And here’s the completely unhelpful response I received from the Ten Club Ticketmaster presale support email- “We are happy to assist with your inquiries and apologize for any misunderstanding. Please be advised seats will be granted depending on availability and the price range selected for this event. As always; Thank you for choosing Ticketstoday, Where we truly appreciate your business and understanding.”
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Who knows. But if they say check more boxes for better chances, I'll check more boxes.
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

Who knows. But if they say check more boxes for better chances, I'll check more boxes.
    Well then although it doesn’t appear to make much sense, I guess that’s the approach I’m going to take unless and until I hear otherwise. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

That’s the question. Do the GA loser get thrown in the mix with the reserved, or do they claw and fight for the scraps left over after the Res only folks are picked. Past tours have been more like the latter, when you picked GA first choice, reserved second. 
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    arwooten7 said:
    Obviously, people will have different points of view on this. I never felt unsafe traveling (often walking) from Ukrainian Village (north of arena) and from the West Loop (east of the stadium) to shows and games.
    It’s a very busy area with lots of bars and restaurants north and east.  No different than any other city - Ashland and Madison are safe well lit roads you can walk on anytime … I take the Ashland bus with my daughter.  Common sense is all you need.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    steven87 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    steven87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    steven87 said:

Response I got:

Thank you,

Ten Club

That’s the question. Do the GA loser get thrown in the mix with the reserved, or do they claw and fight for the scraps left over after the Res only folks are picked. Past tours have been more like the latter, when you picked GA first choice, reserved second. 
    Totally agree, but this time there was no 1st choice second choice…..it was all equal….doesn’t make sense checking both boxes if 1st already covers reserved?
    Post edited by Sea on
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland