Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,531
    Would Travis Scott/PJ be like Run DMC/Aerosmith 2.0? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,522
    A thousand times "No"
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,005
    edited April 2023
    I kinda thought Travis Scott was a country guy until today. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    IJustWantedLukinIJustWantedLukin Melbourne, Australia Posts: 24
    D-Rod said:
    Anyone else still trying to figure out the significance of @Facemeltor random post of the inhaler? 
    That riddle was solved already. 
    Must have missed it amongst all the Greta van fleet and Travis Scott talk. 😂 
    So have I. what does it mean?
    Eí per noi un piacere augurarvi insieme
    Ai R.E.M. un buon cetriolo
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    Less than 40 hours to go!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,531
    Until what? Another supposed announcement time that won’t happen? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,869
    edited April 2023
    At this point does anyone think something is up with the delay? 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 361
    Gross
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,509
    At this point does anyone think something is up with the delay? 
    Neil Young is still learning the catalogue on drums as Matt prepares to go out with the Foos
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 872
    Rumor has it the side projects have taken priority (especially promotion for the upcoming Soundgarden release) and the tour has been scrapped. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    vedpunk said:
    Rumor has it the side projects have taken priority (especially promotion for the upcoming Soundgarden release) and the tour has been scrapped. 
    There are going to be some very disappointed hotels in select cities across America.
  • Options
    I hear backstreet boys and nsync are getting ready to announce a tour
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,302
    vedpunk said:
    There are going to be some very disappointed hotels in select cities across America.
    Wyndham Noblesville just filed for bankruptcy.
  • Options
    I hear backstreet boys and nsync are getting ready to announce a tour
    MIA night 1 book it
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    You see this is why they should've gone with the drummer from Seven Mary Three all those years ago. If those guys come calling it's like "lol I'm in Pearl Jam now lose this number."
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 684
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    You see this is why they should've gone with the drummer from Seven Mary Three all those years ago. If those guys come calling it's like "lol I'm in Pearl Jam now lose this number."
    This comment wins the Rock Crown
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    The fact that the rumors were generated by a fucking Greta Van Fleet concert is hilarious, or would be if it wasn't so pathetic. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,302
    Choska said:
    The fact that the rumors were generated by a fucking Greta Van Fleet concert is hilarious, or would be if it wasn't so pathetic. 
    I know, right? The gypsy brothers from Frankenmuth duped us all.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,419
    vedpunk said:

I've always assumed that out of the 5 to 7 members in the band, that they don't all have the same tolerance for being out on the road.  I've assumed the ones that tour with other bands must have a higher tolerance than the ones that don't.  My thoughts anyways.   They seem to tour when all the members of the band are ready to do so.. so that probably means they tour as much as the person who likes being on the road the least is willing to tour :(
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 664
    vedpunk said:
    I’m starting to think the tour is off. Same thing happened with the Rolling Stones this year - venues were booked, the announcement was all ready to go and then the whole thing was scrapped.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    Until what? Another supposed announcement time that won’t happen? 
    One of these comments is definitely right. 
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 458
    edited April 2023
    vedpunk said:
    I am not saying you're wrong, however, this just seems odd.    I fucking love SG, however they're not an active band and will not tour.  The amount of money Matt is going to make is minimal compared to what he can make in a short monthlong tour.  And, Matt seems to be one of the more prolific players in the band who is  touring and working on something.   And it seems like they could squeeze it all in before the fall tour which is allegedly supposed to start in 4.5 months.   My two cents...

Is there any update on the new Pj album?
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Just think, this time tomorrow we won't be just reading this forum, but F5ing so we see that sticky.

Have any of those venue's TM page added their seating charts yet?
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 684
    dr122931 said:
    vedpunk said:
    I am not saying you're wrong, however, this just seems odd.    I fucking love SG, however they're not an active band and will not tour.  The amount of money Matt is going to make is minimal compared to what he can make in a short monthlong tour.  And, Matt seems to be one of the more prolific players in the band who is  touring and working on something.   And it seems like they could squeeze it all in before the fall tour which is allegedly supposed to start in 4.5 months.   My two cents...

Is there any update on the new Pj album?
    This is the last SG release though (at least of new music), it’s a big deal. And all of them care about CC’s legacy, not just Matt.
    I’m not convinced they’d scrap a planned run of shows for it, but it is certainly important to them.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,005
    It's 9-10 shows spread over three weeks in September. No one need scrap any side project plans for that. 

Maybe they worked on a new album at some point, too. Maybe not. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,675
    Now the tour is cancelled because Matt's shifted gears to work on the new Soungarden album? 

That's where we are now? 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,568
    How is there a new Soundgarden album?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    matt84 said:
    vedpunk said:
    I’m starting to think the tour is off. Same thing happened with the Rolling Stones this year - venues were booked, the announcement was all ready to go and then the whole thing was scrapped.
    That was different for Stones.

A band member had a minor injury that required rescheduling (no I’m not referring to 2019) and they tried extremely hard to get dates, but couldn’t get it to work in Fall due to combination of events and NFL schedule.
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    There’s zero support to suggest tour is off.

if anything, the opposite imo with Made in America kicking into gear this week, I think we are actually very close to the announcement (still think it’s tomorrow vs today).

I was trying to reconcile how they would only do 8-10 gigs and go through the trouble. A festival gig can be a significant pay day potentially and could be the tail that wagged the dog into creating a short series of dates.

Especially considering Eddie’s comments of he wasn’t sure when they’d see us next at the last gig in Denver.

To my knowledge, it sounded like we weren’t likely to see them again until the new album comes out hopefully in either H2 2023 or H1 2024 so I personally am just glad to see dates forthcoming (which thankfully hit where I live).