07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362

Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Now the tour is cancelled because Matt's shifted gears to work on the new Soungarden album? 

That's where we are now? 
    Most people should be happy tomorrow around lunchtime depending on where you live. Happy Wednesday.  
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,005
    Now the tour is cancelled because Matt's shifted gears to work on the new Soungarden album? 

That's where we are now? 
    Most people should be happy tomorrow around lunchtime depending on where you live. Happy Wednesday.  
    This continues to be my assumption as well. If we get to Friday...all bets are off. No idea at that point. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    JimmyV said:

That's where we are now? 
    This continues to be my assumption as well. If we get to Friday...all bets are off. No idea at that point. 
    Just get through today. Watch Ted Lasso, Succession, The final Mandalorian episode of season 3. Whatever it takes. Thursday "is only a day away." 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    JimmyV said:

That's where we are now? 
    Just get through today. Watch Ted Lasso, Succession, The final Mandalorian episode of season 3. Whatever it takes. Thursday "is only a day away." 

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,934
    What a 20 day ride this has been. 
    April 1:  "Great day to be a 10C member!"  Woohoo!!  Tour announcement likely on Monday!  Hotels across America rejoice!
    April 3 - April 7:  No announcement?  Huh?  Anxiety and panic sets in. 
    April 10 - Present:  City/Date/Venue leaks pop up on PJ website.  Some IT dude gets fired.
    PJ/ Neil Young 5 city mega tour for the ages forthcoming?
    Greta Van Fleet co-headlining or opening act?  Booooo!
    PJ/ Travis Scott co-headlining festival and working on a sneaker collaboration.  More Boooooo!
    Inhaler opening act for PJ?  Or PJ branded inhalers being dropped in the shop?  Merch!
    News of tour being scrapped because of Soundgarden album emerges.  Hand wringing reaches all time high.
    4/20...???...Can't wait to see what's behind door #2...
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Hi! Welcome back to WORLD OF THE PSYCHIC, I'm Peter Venkman
    I'm chatting with my guest: author, lecturer and psychic, Milton Anglin.
    Milt, your new book is called PEARL JAM 2023 TOUR
    Now, can you tell us when its gonna be, or do we have to buy the book?

I predict that the dates will drop at the stroke of midnight, on 4/20.

This Year?

Mmmhmm

That's cutting it a little bit close, isn't it?  I mean, just from a sales point of view...your book is just coming out, you're not going to see any paperback sales for at least a year...will be at least another year before you know if you got that miniseries or movie of the week kind of possibilities.  Devil's advocate, Milt!  I mean shouldn't you have said "THE DATES ARE GOING TO DROP ON 3/20!"

WAIT A MINUTE. THIS IS NOT JUST SOME MONEY MAKING SCHEME. ALRIGHT?  
    I have a strong, psychic belief the tour dates are going to drop on midnight on 4/20

Well, for your sake...I hope you're right.

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    With them announcing the tour on 4/20, allegedly, is it safe to say the tour will be pro marijuana themed in a change of pace from climate change topics?  I like it when Ed talks about Marijuana. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,675

This Year?

Mmmhmm

That's cutting it a little bit close, isn't it?  I mean, just from a sales point of view...your book is just coming out, you're not going to see any paperback sales for at least a year...will be at least another year before you know if you got that miniseries or movie of the week kind of possibilities.  Devil's advocate, Milt!  I mean shouldn't you have said "THE DATES ARE GOING TO DROP ON 3/20!"

I have a strong, psychic belief the tour dates are going to drop on midnight on 4/20

"& then the world is going to end on 4/21" 

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,537
    I thought the photo of the inhaler alluded to ...TAKE A BREATH EVERYONE.....
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,342
    bbiggs said:
    What a 20 day ride this has been. 
    April 1:  "Great day to be a 10C member!"  Woohoo!!  Tour announcement likely on Monday!  Hotels across America rejoice!
    April 3 - April 7:  No announcement?  Huh?  Anxiety and panic sets in. 
    April 10 - Present:  City/Date/Venue leaks pop up on PJ website.  Some IT dude gets fired.
    PJ/ Neil Young 5 city mega tour for the ages forthcoming?
    Greta Van Fleet co-headlining or opening act?  Booooo!
    PJ/ Travis Scott co-headlining festival and working on a sneaker collaboration.  More Boooooo!
    Inhaler opening act for PJ?  Or PJ branded inhalers being dropped in the shop?  Merch!
    News of tour being scrapped because of Soundgarden album emerges.  Hand wringing reaches all time high.
    4/20...???...Can't wait to see what's behind door #2...
    The past 20 days have somehow felt like 6 months. This is an excellent summary of one of the most absurd- but also most entertaining- threads I’ve ever read 🤣
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    What's that quote about Idle Hands? Sums up the last couple of days here lol. 

I'm pumped for today. If not today, I'll be pumped for tomorrow. And so on. Soon enough. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,092
    edited April 2023

This Year?

Mmmhmm

Bill Murray Movie GIF
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    At this point does anyone think something is up with the delay? 
    Yes, but I would never admit it
  • Options
    I thought the photo of the inhaler alluded to ...TAKE A BREATH EVERYONE.....
    Same.

• Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 197
    I see we're onto the "something must have gone wrong" panic stage again. Although I like reading this more than hypothetical co headliner scenarios. I mean sure, I too believe there will be something special about these show(s), not just a random tour leg, but irrational panic is way more entertaining to watch. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,522
    Concert announcement was always for 04/20, even after the leaks.

Might get it today just because we're all getting antsy, but I'm still thinking it's tomorrow.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    Foo Fighters announicg new album due on June 2nd. maybe there will be some truth behind those news that Matt was spotted around Foos' studio?

• Options
    Go Animal said:

Might get it today just because we're all getting antsy, but I'm still thinking it's tomorrow.
    There was a spring run planned. Just as short as the 9 or 10 we know about, starting in Massachusetts. But it got scrapped. Don't know why, it just was.

But not only has the band been recording the new record (or at least demoing - one, or a few members at a time, sometimes all 5/6/7), they're a lot further along than we realize.

Fall run will happen, band is not in a rush. All that above is true. They're here to play, have fun, and work on their side projects in between.

Then they'll head back to LA after Ohana & finish up the record for a holiday release (that part, is my best guess).

Full tour in 2024? I feel pretty good about that, too.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 170
    radar said:
    Foo Fighters announicg new album due on June 2nd. maybe there will be some truth behind those news that Matt was spotted around Foos' studio?

They didn’t mention guest drummers in the announcement, but wouldn’t surprise me at all. Also wouldn’t surprise me if Dave played all the drums, but i bet Matt, Chad, Josh Freese and some of Taylor’s other friends played on the album.
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

There was a spring run planned. Just as short as the 9 or 10 we know about, starting in Massachusetts. But it got scrapped. Don't know why, it just was.

But not only has the band been recording the new record (or at least demoing - one, or a few members at a time, sometimes all 5/6/7), they're a lot further along than we realize.

Fall run will happen, band is not in a rush. All that above is true. They're here to play, have fun, and work on their side projects in between.

Then they'll head back to LA after Ohana & finish up the record for a holiday release (that part, is my best guess).

Is this based on intel or just a hypothesis? 

• Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    JimmyV said:
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

That sounds plausible as I know of a hold in early May in my neck of the woods. 
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    “The tour must be canceled” 😂
    you guys. The shows are in September. We know the dates. They will sell out instantly. They could literally announce the shows in august and everything would be fine. We know the dates!! 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 872
    Jeez, I think my joke went over a few people’s heads.  My bad everyone, probably not a good time to kid around with all the rumored shows right in front of us. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,495
    Fall of 24 😂😂😂 no spring or summer that’s absurd! We are just in spring of 23 we have all summer fall and winter till we get to 24 and then have to go through winter of 24 spring & summer before fall, and we know the days of big big tours are over. So are we talking world tour in 24? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,092
    Text Street GIF
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

Hypothesis at first (my other thread), later confirmed by intel. 

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,763

That's where we are now? 
    Very much doubt most people will be happy considering if the rumors' are correct, its only a very small tour in a handful of cities 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:

That's where we are now? 
    Very much doubt most people will be happy considering if the rumors' are correct, its only a very small tour in a handful of cities 
    Why I remain convinced there has to be a few more shows or a big festival payday.