Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,495
    I have it on a good source that PJ is in the Made in America festival. Not sure what day. Lineup will be announced within a week 
    Jhonkensy Shandler, you have either proven yourself to have the inside dope or your reputation shall be launched into orbit
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905

Bono’s son’s band opening? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Nice
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Kevinman said:

Bono’s son’s band opening? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Nice
    They are at bourbon and beyond sept 13-17.   Rest of September is open according to website. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    Zod said:
    kypjfan said:
    I must be in the minority, cause I had fun listening to GVF at B&B. I was past the crowd, chilling on a blanket. Excited to see them again at Shaky Knees next month. 
    I was really looking forward to hearing GVF at B&B, and could not have been more unimpressed.  Plus they went long, which took time away from PJ.  If you look at the setlist, we missed Unthought Known because of that!  GVF, know your place . . . you will simply be a footnote in years to come.  Just be happy you were at the same festival - do a great set and get off the stage early!
    I mean, for me to enjoy a concert I need to know the songs.  If I go see a band I'm not familiar with the catalog it all sounds the same to me, and I'm less than impressed.  I think as a result, its really hard for opening bands to impress me. One because everyone is there to see the headliner, and two because I'm often not familiar enough with the catalog.  I made a rule years ago to never judge a band unless I'm seeing them as a headliner.    That being said the rate times an opener has blown my mind (P

I can relate. Only a couple exceptions. Ben Harper at Mansfield in 98. I couldn't wait to hear him the second night. Sponge in the mid 90's. Both of them I had never heard a note from and liked what I heard right away. Ben Harper stuck. I didn't care about anything sponge put out after rotting pinate. There has been a couple more but not in this genre of music.
    I fly the Sponge flag hard right through New Pop Sunday
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I have it on a good source that PJ is in the Made in America festival. Not sure what day. Lineup will be announced within a week 
    They are playing St Paul on Sep 2nd. The MIA festival is Sep 2-3. 

It is also an 18hr drive away without stops....
    The MIA post on Instagram has everyone bitching about the price increase since last year. Looks like tickets went up $60  and that’s with the early bird pricing.  
    That post also has many people hoping /wishing for Travis Scott.  
    I will say that if Pearl Jam is announced those will be some entertaining ass replies to read
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,607
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:

The MIA post on Instagram has everyone bitching about the price increase since last year. Looks like tickets went up $60  and that’s with the early bird pricing.  
    I will say that if Pearl Jam is announced those will be some entertaining ass replies to read
    It would be ironic if Greta Van Fleet is announced as the headliner as that will really be some entertaining ass replies to read.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:

Imagine buying tickets blindly with hopes of Travis Scott and they announce Pearl Jam?!? 🤣
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Jhonkensy Shandler, you have either proven yourself to have the inside dope or your reputation shall be launched into orbit

This poster also said Pearl Jam was gonna play Citiizens Bank Park in 2018. That was a swing and a miss..

Made in America hasn't had a guitar at the festival in 5 years, but maybe they are going back to the original mixed up format. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:

It would be ironic if Greta Van Fleet is announced as the headliner as that will really be some entertaining ass replies to read.  

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    pjl44 said:
    smile6680 said:
    Zod said:
    kypjfan said:
    I must be in the minority, cause I had fun listening to GVF at B&B. I was past the crowd, chilling on a blanket. Excited to see them again at Shaky Knees next month. 
    I was really looking forward to hearing GVF at B&B, and could not have been more unimpressed.  Plus they went long, which took time away from PJ.  If you look at the setlist, we missed Unthought Known because of that!  GVF, know your place . . . you will simply be a footnote in years to come.  Just be happy you were at the same festival - do a great set and get off the stage early!
    I mean, for me to enjoy a concert I need to know the songs.  If I go see a band I'm not familiar with the catalog it all sounds the same to me, and I'm less than impressed.  I think as a result, its really hard for opening bands to impress me. One because everyone is there to see the headliner, and two because I'm often not familiar enough with the catalog.  I made a rule years ago to never judge a band unless I'm seeing them as a headliner.    That being said the rate times an opener has blown my mind (P

I can relate. Only a couple exceptions. Ben Harper at Mansfield in 98. I couldn't wait to hear him the second night. Sponge in the mid 90's. Both of them I had never heard a note from and liked what I heard right away. Ben Harper stuck. I didn't care about anything sponge put out after rotting pinate. There has been a couple more but not in this genre of music.
    I fly the Sponge flag hard right through New Pop Sunday
    New Pop Sunday is wildly underrated. Great album.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

This poster also said Pearl Jam was gonna play Citiizens Bank Park in 2018. That was a swing and a miss..

Made in America hasn't had a guitar at the festival in 5 years, but maybe they are going back to the original mixed up format. 
    Uh oh

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Uh oh

I will tolerate no Big Sexy slander. He’s a legend.
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    JojoRice said:
    Really hope St Paul doesn't get relegated to 1 show. 
    How about no shows? 
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    Anyone else still trying to figure out the significance of @Facemeltor random post of the inhaler? 
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    Anyone else still trying to figure out the significance of @Facemeltor random post of the inhaler? 
    Just Breathe? 
  • Options
    The literal interpretation was intriguing. Can't think of another.

I'll save the rest of you some googling and say I couldn't find a band, city, or venue named Albuterol.
  • Options
    Maybe an indication of exciting news? Big Things even? And we’ll all be hyperventilating when we find out?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    There was talk earlier in the thread that MIA has suffered from low ticket sales in recent years. 

Booking Pearl Jam in Philadelphia is a good way to boost ticket sales. Booking Pearl Jam in their only east coast performance of the year is even better. But...booking Pearl Jam after you have sold tickets blind to an audience hoping for Travis Scott? Not sure what to make of that. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    There was talk earlier in the thread that MIA has suffered from low ticket sales in recent years. 

Booking Pearl Jam in Philadelphia is a good way to boost ticket sales. Booking Pearl Jam in their only east coast performance of the year is even better. But...booking Pearl Jam after you have sold tickets blind to an audience hoping for Travis Scott? Not sure what to make of that. 
    Exactly this.  
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Could PJ and Scott be co-headlining?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

Sure. There are two nights. Maybe one is hip hop and the other rock. It just doesn't sound like they have hinted or told anyone that, and based on prior years no one buying tickets today had any reason to think both nights would be hip hop. We here only think there is a slight chance because of the April Fool's video. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    Let us not forget Travis Scott and the Astroworld tragedy in 2021.  
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

Sure. There are two nights. Maybe one is hip hop and the other rock. It just doesn't sound like they have hinted or told anyone that, and based on prior years no one buying tickets today had any reason two think both nights would be hip hop. We here only think there is a slight chance because of the April Fool's video. 
    That’s probably not it then, why would a struggling festival upset the fans who are loyal enough to buy blind? 
    Seems like a good way for sales to go down next year.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,515
    edited April 2023
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

Good lord, I hope not. PJ was forever marked by Roskilde, and they honor those fans memories to this day.

Travis Scott went to a late night party after 8 (soon, 10) people died at Astroworld, and tried to point fingers until his PR team took over & quickly went into damage control.

He never apologized.
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,515
    ☝️
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    I wasn't going to go down that road but as hard as it is for me to see anyone booking him to headline at this point I can't wrap my head around seeing Pearl Jam next to him on a poster with all the history 
  • Options
    I know next to nothing about Travis Scott and have never heard about Astroworld, but point taken. 

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    That riddle was solved already. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    That riddle was solved already. 
    Must have missed it amongst all the Greta van fleet and Travis Scott talk. 😂 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    My credit card is ready!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......